- Text Size +
She sat in shock still hearing him ask her to marry him. Why was he suddenly trying to morally correct? She didn’t understand and yet she was having a moment, her heart was beating rapidly. She looked at him and cleared her throat smiling at him nervously. She tried to speak but nothing came out, she grimaced at his sudden change on his face. His wide smile was turning into a worried frown.

“I guess your silence answers my question,” Alex said letting go of her hand and grabbing the steering wheel with both of his hands. He sighed heavily and then he turned off the car. “I know what you’re thinking? That I could not be serious about this but the truth is I am…”

Amber bit her bottom lip and then she couldn’t hold it anymore tears began to come down her face. She began to sob she couldn’t control her sudden urge to cry.

“Princess what’s wrong?” Alex suddenly felt worried… “I’m sorry what did I do? I thought you felt the same as I did?” he said sadness apparent on his voice.

Amber stared up to him and gave him a smile, “I do… I just didn’t expect for you to ask me to marry you. I didn’t expect it…” she unbuckled her seat belt and hugged him. She smiled at him and then she crashed her lips onto his.

Alex kissed her back not really understanding her. Finally she broke off the kiss for air; Alex took that moment to try and speak but again was cut off by finger on his lips. “Ok let’s get married,” she told him kissing him again.

*******

“When did you get this?” she asked Alex as he gave a very beautiful white dress it was very forties glamour.

“When I went to get us breakfast earlier I saw it on a vintage store and I knew you would look very nice in it. I also wanted you to wear white for the occasion, sorry about the whole the groom seeing the dress before the wedding thing though.” He smiled at her and handed her another bag. “The rest is in there ok, I am going to go get ready too. If not Elvis is going to get impatient.” He leaned down and kissed her. “See you in the altar.”

Amber watched Alex leave and then went into the ladies room, “what at wedding,” she said to herself as she began to change. The dress was a perfect fit; she smiled as she saw herself. This was not the wedding of her dreams per say but still it would be a memorable one. She was marrying her prince.

As she put on the shoes and the accessories Alex had bought her she looked at herself in the mirror. He knew how to dress woman that was sure, she wondered from she had gotten that.

Finally she put on her last accessory a white gardenia, it was real she could definitely smell it. She pinned to the sided of her hair and smiled. The nerves were getting to her, but she was happy.

Then she saw her mother’s face. What would she think of this all? Would this end all ties with her family? Her mother seemed to still want to talk to her but after this would she? She loved Alex that was for sure and the rest of the world would just have to deal with that.

******

She was met by one of the clerk in the chapel with a very nice bouquet of white roses and then there stood the King impersonator waiting for her his arm ready. “Ready sweet heart?”

She nodded nervously to him and took his arm and they began to walk down a very empty isle with Elvis song “Can’t help falling in love with you” began to play. She couldn’t help laughing as she heard the song, maybe it was true only fools rush in love but this felt right.

Alex was in awe a he saw his soon to be wife walk down the isle with the King by her side. She was beautiful his grandmother would be proud she was a keeper. She was young but very mature for her age and she seemed to do things to his hear that were unexplainable. He smiled at Amber as she finally made it to his side the King handing her hand to him.

She laughed at Alex’s very bad impersonation of Elvis when he tried to finish the last chorus of the song. She finally leaned in and spoke, “You look very handsome in a suit.”

He only smiled at her and then they listened to the King impersonator give his heart warming speech. It didn’t take long for him to ask them the question, they both said I do.

Alex smiled and took his bride face gently as he leaned in to kiss her. “I love you,” he whispered as he took her mouth.