- Text Size +
“I’m back,” Alex said as he walked into the suite he shared with is wife. “The car is in the best condition…” he said but realized that Amber was no where to be found. “Princess?”

He sighed and threw himself on the bed taking in the loneliness. He wondered where she could be but opted to wait for her in the suite. He decided it was time to call his mother and give her the news. He couldn’t give her the silent treatment forever, that was his mother and for the most part she had been the best mother and father figure in his life aside from his grandparents.

He closed his eyes as he dialed the familiar number hearing it ring and he was about to give up when he heard her voice. “Mom,” he said a smile spreading on his face.

“Alex sweetheart where in gods name are you? I don’t understand why you left… your letter just told me you wanted to be free. Free from what?” Denise asked in one breath.

“Its nice to hear your voice mom,” Alex said first trying to find a good way to answer his mother’s question. He sighed heavily and began, “Mom I couldn’t come between you and your husband. I felt like the third wheel, I decided to go on my own and I can let you know that I am the happiest man on earth at this moment. I met the girl of my dreams mom and she is a good girl one I would be honored to take to you so you could meet her. I am in love mom and…” he paused biting his lip. “Married…” he whispered hoping his mother would not catch that.

“You what? You’re married? How long have you known this girl Alex? Does she know about your inheritance? Is that why she made sure to wrap you around her filthy finger?” Denise asked anger apparent in her voice.

“Jeez mom how supportive of you… did I do the same you when you came to me about your marriage with…” he stopped talking not wanting to tell her mother what he thought of her poor choice of marriage.

“I am old enough and I knew what I was getting into Alex! You’re too young to understand anything,” Denise said frustrated.

“Mom deal with it whether you like or not I am married and for your information Amber does not even know about my inheritance!” he hung up the phone angrily regretting his attempt to make a descent conversation with his mother.

He grabbed his card key and stormed to the door and almost bumped into Amber. “Jesus! Princess you almost made me shit in my pants!” he said smiling at her and for that moment he forgot about his mother and the whole conversation with her. He widened his eyes as he saw her carrying shopping bags… “What’s all this?” he asked her helping with the bags.

“A surprise,” she told him dropping down her bags and jumping on him. She crashed her lips on his laughing at his surprised face.

Alex laughed into the kiss as he dropped the bags he had and wrapped his hands around her. “Hi there,” he said finally breaking the kiss. “So I see what you did…” he said looking at the different bags on the floor.

Amber laughed and then kissed him again, “I missed you…” she told him clinging to him.

“Me too,” he told her carrying her toward the large bed. He dropped her on the bed kissing her passionately; he realized then that his love for her was true. He actually could feel this sort of happiness now that he could see her and feel her that he felt was missing when he was apart from her.

She smiled at him before she reached for the hem of his shirt and pulled it off. “I love you…” she whispered as felt his kisses on her neck.

********

“To the best honeymoon ever,” Alex said as he raised his glass. He smiled as he saw the nice tan his wife had gotten.

“Yes to our honeymoon,” she told him raising her glass. “After this we need to go to the beach… I know we only have till tomorrow to enjoy this.”

“So are you ever going to tell me what you bought? I been dying to see what it is since you didn’t let me see any of them.” Alex said as he put his glass down.

Amber became flustered instead of giving him a sexy look, “I have a little modeling to do for you…” she said looking away still unable to be as open as she wished she could be.

“Modeling? So you brought clothes?” he asked making her turn to look at him. “Lets see…” he grinned at her taking her glass.

“Ok? But please remember I am not good at being sexy so you will have deal with me being flustered and clumsy.” She told him standing up and walking away.

“Princess you’re very sexy…” Alex yelled grinning at her. He was curious to see what she had bought. He knew it was probably something she would normally not wear. He reached for a cigarette and lit it as he waited for his wife.

Amber walked out shyly as she looked at her low cut jeans and a very girly revealing shirt. She had taken advice from the clerk at the boutique and had bought a few outfits to wear and then the nice two piece bathing suit. She had also bought a nice night gown and some sexy underwear that she still felt a little uncomfortable in. “So what do you think?” she asked as she walked toward him twirling.

Alex exhaled the smoked and ogled at his wife; “wow princess you look gorgeous.” he stood up and pulled her toward him, “Really sexy and classy.” He kissed her neck and began to play with the straps of her shirt.

“Ah…ah,” She told him pushing him away. “Not yet I still have a few more things to model.” She told him pulling away from his embrace.

Alex smiled and cleared his throat, “Princess I don’t think I will get to see you in all your outfits if they are like this one.” He commented as she disappeared again. “I’m coming after you…”

*********

“Everything is set sir, is there anything else you need for me to put in your car?”

Alex shook his head, “No thanks but I will make sure to tip you well.”

“Thank you sir…” said the very happy bell hop

“Matter of fact put it on my tab… two hundred dollars. After this wonderful honeymoon I can’t help but spread my happiness.” Alex said smiling from ear to ear.

“How generous of you sir…”

He looked around and signed his tab. “Could you please tell my wife I am waiting for her in the car.”

“I will,” said the bell hop.

Amber walked down to the lobby and could not see Alex, “where he go?” she asked still adjusting to her new wardrobe.

“Mrs. McLean you husband is waiting for you in front with the car.”

“Oh thank you so much,” she smiled at the friendly bell hop.

“Well when I get tipped so well ma’am I make sure to make my customer happy.”

“My husband already tipped you?” Amber asked making counts in her head. She had been planning on telling Alex to settle a few months till they were economically stable again…. She was sure by now his was running low on money and then she had wasted money on clothes even if she did shop carefully.

“Yes two hundred dollars and I am very grateful ma’am. He mentioned that he is the happiest man on earth at the moment because of you. So he is spreading his wealth and happiness.”

Amber laughed nervously, “I’m sure he is,” she walked out and saw her husband leaning on the car waiting for her.

“Ready?” he asked reaching for her. He leaned in to give her a kiss and was startled by her mood change. He was surprised by her behavior and how she had just climbed into the car. He shrugged it off and climbed into the drivers side. “Is something wrong princess?”

“You tipped the bell hop two hundred dollars? I mean Alex I would understand fifty dollars but two hundred? Remember we are not rich?” she said not being able to hold her anger much longer.

“He wasn’t supposed to tell you that…” Alex said realizing that it was time to tell his wife about his inheritance.
Chapter End Notes:
I know its been a little since the last update but here it is let me know what you think... Alex has some explaining to do...