- Text Size +
“Princess,” Alex said parking the car on the beach parking lot. “I need to talk to you.”

Amber was looking straight into the beach not wanting to see him. She did not want to be mad at him but it was like he didn’t understand how important money was at the moment. “I just need a few minutes to cool,” she told him not looking toward him.

“No you don’t you need to know something and I think it’s about time I tell you.” Alex said taking her hand in his kissing it. “There is this part of me I didn’t tell because well in the beginning I didn’t think we would end up married.” He said hoping she would finally look at him. He sighed heavily when he saw she was still not turning to look at him, “when my grandparents died they left this will… where I inherited there money and some of there properties.” He waited for that to soak into her head and waited patiently.

Amber digested what Alex had said and finally she turned to look at him, “Ok, so what are you saying?” she asked him trying to not make assumptions yet.

“I didn’t want to accept the inheritance because I never even really knew about it. My grandparents to me were the most humble two people I ever met and then they die. The next thing I know is I am at this lawyers office getting this will read and how I have inherited all this money. I felt betrayed and I swore not to use that money or even live in that ranch… that’s why I had left my old life and I thought maybe finding my father would give me a different life one to forget my other one a happy one that was a sad one till I met you. Then my vision changed and it was like I understood what my grandparents meant. So that was when I changed my mind about not touching the money…” Alex finished not knowing what to expect from Amber.

Amber sighed heavily and leaned toward him, “I’m not mad I was just bewildered about how you were giving such large tips when I thought we only had a limited budget. Not that this means we are going to go crazy either. Alex I can understand why you felt like you did… I’m sorry for acting like I did and I honestly was just being cautious this is your money though and don’t expect me to just take advantage of that… I do want to settle and work. You know have the things a real family has… I am in love with you.” She gave him a smile and leaned in to kiss him.

He gladly kissed her back and was thankful she had understood he still had more to say but at least now she knew. “I love you too and I want to do the same,” he kissed her again. “I will share everything you Princess and I hope you do too.”

Amber smiled at him and spoke, “We have a lot of time to talk but now let’s get going… we have a lot of searching to do.”

********

Alex looked at very old crumpled paper he had kept away from his mother in his wallet for a long time. He read the address and as he saw the house in front of he could not believe it. His father lived well and yet never once remembered about him.

“We can wait till tomorrow,” Amber told him taking his hand and squeezed it.

“Yeah… it’s late I don’t want to interrupt anything.” He told her after all they had just arrived to LA. He was tired and he knew Amber was too. “Let’s go look for a hotel.”

After checking in and getting settled for the night, Amber could tell Alex was nervous. “Do you want to talk about it?” she asked him sitting beside him leaning on his shoulder. “I am a good listener…” she told him as she kissed his shoulder.

“I just don’t know what I am going to tell him. What if he doesn’t even want to recognize that or acknowledge that I am his son? I don’t understand why I even want to do this he never really cared for me.” Alex said as he caressed her cheek.

“He’s your father Alex and you at least deserve an explanation.” She told him cuddling closer to him smiling when he adjusted himself so they were cuddling and sharing kisses. “I am here and I love you so no matter what happens you have me…”

“I know,” he cleared his throat and kissed her fully and with that he pushed aside his thoughts about his father and concentrated on his beautiful wife. “Let’s get to bed…” he managed to say as he carried her to the bed.

Amber giggled as he kissed her neck; she loved how his beard tickled her in a very sensual way. “Ok,” she told him as she wrapped her arms around him. She knew though that he was not completely sure and was most likely still worrying about meeting his father tomorrow.

*******

“You look fine,” Amber whispered to him as they followed the maid inside the very nice house.

“You say your name is Alexander McLean?” the made asked again with a very curious look.

“Yes ma’am you can mention to him that I am the son of Denise Sol- I mean Fernandez. He will know who she is.” Alex told the made as they saw her disappear around the corner. “He lives really well.” He commented to his wife that was staying really close to him.

“Yeah he does,” Amber said looking around the huge living room with brand name furniture. She gripped his hand tightly when she heard the footsteps on the marble floor getting near.

Alex gave his wife a worried smile right before the maid came back, “He is a very busy man and is due to a meeting soon but after mentioning your mother he has accepted to see you for ten minutes,” the maid said as she signaled for him to follow. “No you can wait here,” she told Amber who looked shocked by her comment.

“She’s my wife,” Alex said also startled by the request.

“She will be fine… I will bring her a refreshment.” The maid said annoyed and again signaled for him to follow her.

“I’ll be fine go and remember I love you.” Amber told him as he nervously looked at the maid. She continued to hear the footsteps retreat to wherever they were headed after not hearing them again she sighed heavily and took a seat uncomfortably trying not to ruin the expensive furniture.

“Well hello,” said the young man that came into the living with in tennis attire. “I’m Robert McLean are you here to see some one?”

Amber had been a little startled at first but then cleared her throat, “Actually I have been helped already. I am just waiting on my husband.”

“Husband? You married? Really?” Robert said a smirk clear on his face. “I’m sorry how rude of me,” he extended his hand.

Amber did not like him already but she was brought up right so smiled and took his hand. “I’m Amber,” she didn’t want to give her last name yet she didn’t even know who he was, but it sounded like he was related to Alex.

“So your husband is speaking with my father I assume?” Robert said now very interested in the young lady sitting in his living room.

“Yes that’s right,” Amber said hoping he would soon leave and not bother her again.

“Do you know if it is a business matter? Or a loan maybe?” Robert asked eyeing her.

“No…I really don’t think I am the one to share that information sir.” Amber said feeling very uncomfortable as he stared at her.

“Hmmm very interesting,” Robert said and then excused himself as he saw the maid come in with refreshments. “I hope to see you again Amber.”
Chapter End Notes:
ok here is the next chapter... hope you all like and let me warn you drama is coming...hehe. Please let know what you think. :)