- Text Size +
It was getting unbearable for Amber to pretend she was fine being there and now here she was a few weeks later listening to Alex talk about staying...

“What happened to our deal?” Amber asked as Alex looked at her confused.

“Princess… we will do it eventually I just feel like I am in a good place right now. My father is helping me invest my money and the other day we went house hunting. I found this beautiful house that I know you will like… it’s a condo but its right by the beach.” Alex said as he got close to Amber who was crossed armed with a very disturbed look on her face.

“No don’t,” she told him as she walked away. Tears began to fall down her face and she plopped on the bed not being able to hide how she felt. “I hate this… everything about all of this Alex...” she said after she felt Alex sit beside her his arms wrapping around her.

Alex sighed heavily and then kissed her cheek, “Princess… tell me more than just that.”

“it’s I don’t know why you can’t see how hypocrite you family is. They hate me… I know that you stepmother brings that Simone around to try and get you to see her instead of me. Your father he doesn’t look at you like father looks at his son… Alex he looks at you as a big bag of money.” Amber said facing Alex, please you have to tell me that you see that.

Alex sighed heavily and spoke again… “My father loves me Amber and he is trying to look out for me to make for the lost time… as for Simone, she has nothing that can interest me to look at her like that. I love you…maybe we just rushed things.”

Amber eyes widened and she stood up, “Are you regretting our marriage? Because if I remember clearly you are the one to ask me to marry you!” Amber began to wipe her tears and without another word she grabbed the keys to her CAR and walked out of the room.

She couldn’t believe what Alex had said, she wasn’t even looking as she walked down the stairs… she was startled as she bumped into Robert. “Sorry,” she said wiping her face.

“Are you ok Amber?” he asked asking in concern.

“I’m fine,” Amber said pulling away from his gentle grip. She walked or more like flew the few steps left to the first floor and walked out the door not caring what Robert or anyone in that matter thought.

“AMBER,” Alex said as he walked out of the room… he had screwed up and bad by saying the last part. It hadn't meant to come out like it did…

“She just walked out? Is she ok?” Robert asked with a concerned face yet inside he knew this was the best thing and fight between them was perfect.

“It’s nothing really,” Alex said leaving his brother talking as he went after her. As he walked out he was able to Amber already in the car and backing out. “Amber,” Alex said trying to open the passenger but it was locked. “Open the door princess please we need to talk.”

Amber only gave him a wry smile and back out all the way. Not caring that Alex kept banging on the window and then she was out she could see Alex with the rearview mirror waving at her but she was to angry and hurt to care.

*******

“Lonely?”

Amber gave the stranger a smile, “Nah just thinking.” She told him as she took another drink of her Shirley temple.

“It looks like more than thinking.” He said stretching his hand to her. “I’m Brian.”

Amber took his hand and shook it. She knew when to distinguish when this approach was suspicious but his blue eyes and very country accent told her he was ok to talk too. “Amber…well this is one of the hardest decisions I will ever have to make.” She told him giving him a nervous smile.

“Sometimes it helps when you get a second opinion…” he said taking a seat beside her. She had been at the park sitting in the bench for over an hour only getting up to walk to get a refreshment.

“It’s complicate,” Amber said looking at him.

“I can manage to keep up,” He said as he gave her a smile.

Amber looked at him and then she sighed, “Maybe you can tell me what you men think seriously I think you are fickle.”

“Ah, it’s a man problem…” Brian said with a chuckle. “Us fickle? I think women are fickle too…I need to hear more to be able to help you though.”

“Fine but to say I didn’t warn you about the complexity of it all,” Amber said as she slurped the last of her drink.

*******

Amber rolled down her window as she saw Brian’s smiling face. “Good luck,” he said.

“Thanks…for everything. I am so sorry I had to make you direct me back to this house. I honestly haven’t been out alone since I got here so I am not familiar with LA. I am glad there is still good people like you our here.” She told him with a smile.

“Hey you know where to find me if you need me or my advice again. Good luck with the husband.” He gave her one more reassuring smile and walked back to his car she watched him head back the direction they had come through.

She sighed and was about to push the code so the black gate could open when they opened on there own and there stood Alex with his arms crossed. She debated on going in but she had to talk him she did. Either way she had made a decision and if the talk didn’t go well she already had a plan B.

She drove past him and parked she could see him approach the car through the side mirror. She didn’t even get a chance open the door because Alex had opened it and was kissing her. She kissed him back but not as she wanted too and quickly she pulled away.

“Princess I’ve been worried sick about you and we need to talk.” Alex said kissing her again. “I’m sorry for what I said, it didn’t come out like I wanted it to.”

Amber wiped the tears that started to come out and sighed. “I love you Alex but we do need to talk….” She told him as she scooted to the passengers seats.

Alex sighed as he took the driver’s seat, “who was that? The guy with you…” he asked subtly as he took the keys off the ignition.

*******
Chapter End Notes:
Yay an update...I hope you like and let me know what you think??