- Text Size +
Alex looked at his wife worriedly… “You sure you don’t want to see a doctor?” he asked her rubbing her back.

“Yeah I just need to lie down for a little bit.” Amber said smiling weakly as she laid back into the bed.

“I am going to go see if I can find something for you to drink in the kitchen.” He stood up and kissed her forehead. “I’ll be right back.”

Amber nodded and closed her eyes…she was sad because she was not able to enjoy her salad.

Alex walked down toward the kitchen to get Amber something for her upset stomach. He was rummaging through the cupboards he didn’t here anyone come into the kitchen. He was trying to find some tea or something soothing for Amber.

“I thought I had seen you walk in here,” Simone said smiling as she played with a strand of her hair. “Hungry?” she asked him curiously as she walked up to him.

“Hey, uhm no actually I was trying to get something for Amber she is feeling under the weather.” Alex said as he continued to search.

“Awe that’s not good… I came here to invite you to my house for dinner and of course Amber.” Simone said as she watched Alex, there was just something about him that she was attracted too.

“Yeah I am going to have to take a rain check… I have to take care of the wife.” Alex said as he tried to catch a class that he had accidently bumped into and was on the way to he floor. He cringed as he heard the glass shatter, “Shit!” he said quickly bending down to pick up the shattered pieces.

“Here let me help you.” Simone said as she bent down to help him. “Maybe you could after you made sure she is ok.” She said as she helped him.

“No really I can’t, Fuck,” Alex said as he saw the blood. “just great are you ok?” He asked Simone who was now up and her hand was under the faucet cold water running through her hand.

“I’ll be fine I just need a band aid,” She said as she felt Alex beside her. She was smiling as Alex took her hand and looked at the cut it really wasn’t that bad he put pressure on the cut with a napkin.

“I’m just trying to stop the bleeding.” He told her as she stared at him. “Thank you for caring,” she told him leaning into him and before he knew what was happening her lips were on his. He pulled away and gasped when he saw Amber her arms crossed in the entrance of the kitchen. “Amber,” he said as he saw the tears on her eyes.

“I think I interrupted you guys,” Amber said and walked out crying. All she wanted was ice cream so she walked down to the kitchen where Alex was supposed to be preparing her a tea and instead he was kissing Simone.

“I’m sorry,” Simone said while in the inside she was smiling she hadn’t planned for this but now it had happened it only worked for her.

“Just leave me alone,” Alex said in annoyance as he left to go after Amber. He took the stairs two at a time and walked into the room only to hear Amber in the restroom again. He tried to open the door but it was locked so he sighed and waited patiently for Amber to finish throwing up again.

Amber washed her mouth and put her hair in a tight pony tail as she walked out prepared to pack her suitcase and go but instead she jumped when she felt Alex’s hands on her. She pulled away and turned to look at him her tears again coming down her face. “Don’t touch me,” she told him.

“It’s not what you think,” Alex said biting his lip as he saw the hurt on Amber’s face. “Let me explain.” He told her as he got near her again.

“Just please leave me alone,” Amber said as she ran to the restroom again.

Alex didn’t even try to go in there to help her. He wanted too but he knew better, Amber was mad and she did have a good reason to be mad. “I’m going to go find a doctor that we can take you too.” He told her as he walked out.

Amber did not want to see a doctor and after washing her mouth again she didn’t waste anytime on packing her belongings. She only got what she thought was necessary and then she walked out the room and down the stairs. She was almost out of the house and no one had seen her till she saw Simone.

“Amber your leaving?” Simone asked as she pretended to be shocked.

“Yes,” Amber said as she turned to face her. “Alex is free now you can have him…my sloppy seconds.” Amber said giving her a fake smile.

“Its not my fault you can’t please him anymore.” Simone said with a smirk and then she felt sting on her face. “You little BITCH!” Simone said ready to go after Amber only see Robert come into the foyer.

“What’s going on?” he asked as he saw Amber open the door and walk out.

“That bitch hit cause she saw me and Alex kissing.” She said as she walked out the door after Amber who was already backing out of the drive way.

Amber gave Simone a wicked smile and she finally did it she flicked her off. She was not coming back this time she didn’t want to ever to Alex again. She finally realized that maybe her father had been right and he had reason for the many rules he had given her. At the thought of her father her mother’s face came into picture and she knew exactly where she was heading. She was heading home… where she should have never left.