- Text Size +
Alex walked into the small restaurant and spotted the man he was looking for. “Brian,” he said walking up to him.

Brian looked up when he heard his name… “Yes how may I help you?” he asked the young man that walked in.

“Where is my wife?” Alex asked with anger as he glared at the man in front of him.

“I’m sorry do I know you?” Brian asked staring at them intently trying to recognize him.

“Please, my wife Amber that you were so happy to help find her way back to her house.” Alex said pissed by now maybe the alcohol had something to do with it.

“Oh so you’re the prick that is so blind to see that your father is using you and that they don’t give a rat’s ass about you?” Brian said now mad as he walked out the restaurant he did not want to taint his restaurant with behavior like what Alex was showing.

Alex followed him outside, “So you do recall who I am talking about where is she? Is she staying with you?” he asked with pleading eyes.

“No I haven’t seen her since that night and if I knew where she was I probably wouldn’t tell you because that meant you chose you’re so called family over her.” Brian said not really caring about the torment that was exposed threw the man’s eyes.

“You’re lying tell me where she is at!” Alex said raising his voice.

That was when Brian got the whiff of alcohol and scrunched his nose. “Look you drunk just go sleep it off and come back when you’re sober I might have a hint to where she might have gone…” Brian said leaving him there as he walked back to his restaurant.

*******

“I’m pregnant.” Amber said to herself as she stared at her reflection on the bathroom mirror. Two days ago she had arrived back to her house and after a long conversation with both her mother and father she had been accepted. Of course many things had changed like she had to find a place to live soon.

Her mother had been very supportive and her father she knew would get there soon. She had still been sick and after she confessed of her elopement in Vegas her mother gave out her suspicions on her morning sickness. A doctor visit later it was confirmed she was pregnant from Alex.

She still had to break the news to her father but her mother seemed excited to have a grandchild on the way. She didn’t know yet if she should let Alex know… in fact she didn’t even know if Alex cared anymore. It had been a week since she had left and the both times she had called the house Robert had mentioned he was out with a friend. Amber only assumed that friend was Simone.

One thing was for sure he needed a wake up call… so she had found Alex’s moms number on the phone book and now she debating on calling her. She knew she was the only person that might open Alex’s eyes to the truth about his father. Because even though they had not worked out she loved him and he did not deserve to be used like he was.

“Ambs are you ok?” Adele asked as she knocked on the door.

“Yeah I’m fine,” Amber said opening the door and giving her mother a reassuring smile.

“You made your mind up on calling your husbands mother?”

“Yeah I will call her…” Amber said as she sat in her bed that same bed she had since middle school.

“Good,” Adele said handing her the phone. “The sooner the better, this guy really sound like a good guy sweetie, maybe you should try calling him again even if it is to ask for the divorce.”

“Annulment mom,” Amber said as she took the phone from her mother’s hand and went to retrieve the piece of paper where she had written down her mother in laws number. “How should I start?”

“By telling her who you are…” Adele said kissing her daughters forehead. “I’m going to be downstairs if you need me.”

“Ok,” Amber said as she watched her mother disappear. She looked at the piece of paper and after a long pause she dialed the number.

The phone was on its fourth ring and she was about to hang up when she heard the voice of a woman. “Hello?” Amber bit her lip and just continued to hear the woman say hello.

“Mrs. Solis?” she finally said when she knew she was about to hang up.

“Who’s calling?” the voice asked but somehow Amber knew who it was.

“Hi you don’t know yet but I had to call you… my name is Amber and…” Amber paused not knowing how to tell her anymore…

*******

Alex got out of the shower and got dressed, he was going to go see the Brian guy again. He was sober now with a major headache but he was sober. He walked down the stairs and he went to look for his father to tell him he would be back in time to sign the documents for the investment he was planning on doing with the company he had recommended.

He stop at the door as he heard the voices of his half brother and his father laughing at something. “I can’t believe Simone had something to do with that horrible girl finally leaving Alex. It will be much easier to manipulate him and to make him think that his mother was the one that kept me away from him.”

“Yeah and congratulations I hear he signs the documents today dad,” Robert said as he served him and his dad some whiskey.

Alex could not believe what he was hearing, Amber had been right all along. He felt hurt and anger he debated on walking in causing chaos but his pride wouldn’t let him he walked away taking deep breaths two could play that game. He was startled when a servant told him he had a call. “Who is it?” he asked.

“She says she’s your mother.”

“My mother she doesn’t know I am here,” Alex said but still he took the call. “Mom?”
Chapter End Notes:
Yay, two update one right after another woohoo! I am on a role and that is because I am ready to finish it..hehe. I still yet have to read what you all think. I hope to see some comments. They do help... :)