- Text Size +
“How are you going to raise that kid on your own?”

“I will find a way and I am sure when Alex finds out he will at least want to help his son or daughter. I know he will.” Amber said as she looked at her father who was still not very comfortable with her return.

“We will help you too…” her mother said patting Amber’s shoulder. “A child is always a blessing.”

“I already called; Mrs. Jones and she told me she will gladly take me back part time at her store.” Amber said looking at the look on her father’s face. “I don’t expect to live off you dad, I chose to live on my own and I will. I just don’t want loose you, mom or my brother and sister. I love you guys.”

“I know and we missed you too… but you have to understand Amber that it’s not going to be the same anymore. For crying out loud you eloped and god knows what else you did. Now you’re pregnant! You are too young to be pregnant and not only that, the guy that claimed to love you chose to let you go… do you see why I protected you so much? How are you sure that this Alex guy will help you he probably is moneyless just like you! This world is rotten Amber and now you are part of them.”

Amber bit her lip and stood up, “I get it dad I screwed up, but I loved him. I fell in love with the father of my child!” she walked away and out the door into her car. She drove away not knowing where she was going she just needed to think.

She knew this was going to happen with her father but she thought she could handle his lectures but it was apparent she couldn’t.

*******

“I do appreciate you doing this for me in such short time.” Alex shook the hand of the lawyer he had just hired.

“I am glad I could help you Mr. McLean. I have done the research and with the help of the private detective you also hired we have come to learn that indeed your father is in the verge of going bankrupt he is in debt. The stock he wanted you to invest your money in does not exist indeed it was just a scheme to get a hold of your money to save himself from the debt he is in. I assume he doesn’t want to loose his home or his other belongings. I am so sorry sir you had to find this out but you must be glad you did now than when you lost your money.”

Alex swallowed the lump on his throat as he balled his hand into a fist. “He never cared for me… that conniving man that unfortunately carries the same blood that runs through my veins.” He said with gritted teeth. “How much does he owe?”

“It’s a very large sum, both his partner Mr. Meyer and him owe. The total so far is 1.5 million to several other stock holders.”

Alex’s mouth went open as he heard the amount. “Thank you again… I have to go.” He told the lawyer as he got up. He was definitely going to get his father back somehow. He was glad he had overheard what he had and that his mother had called.

He smiled as he remembered the call. His mother had yelled over the phone at him. She had to tell him everything about his father and how he was the one to walk out on them after he realized he could not handle living on a day by day basis. After a huge lecture he finally asked how she had gotten the number to his father’s house and to his surprise his mother had said that it had been through his wife. Amber had called his mother and had told her what was going on… Amber cared for him and he was on a mission to find her.

He had learned from his own mother about the call and how Amber had called from what seemed to be a Dallas number. She had not said anything about where she was but that she cared about me and for that reason she had decided to contact his mother. Also that if his mother could ask him about an annulment, she was going to call his mother again in a couple of days for his response. He was going to deny an annulment he loved her! He was going to fly back to Dallas where he was going to go look for her, but first he had to finish his business here with his father. He had a few things he had to get out of his chest.
Chapter End Notes:
enjoy and I really would love your feedback.