- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So in case you have not seen it yet I found my old banner...yay. So its back up. :)
“Alex what are you doing?”

Alex looked at his father and tried not to tell him off just yet. He swallowed hard and then spoke, “I am moving out.”

“You don’t have to now that Amber is gone though,” he said as he looked at his son. “Here why don’t you just go put that back into your room and instead we go over to my office. You still haven’t signed the documents for the investment.”

Alex stopped walking and shook his fathers grip on his shoulder off. “I am moving out Robert,” he said staring at his father. “But your right though I haven’t signed anything and I won’t.”

Robert looked at his son with confusion, “I thought you said you were everything is ready I double checked it myself. Everything is legit you will definitely double or triple your money in no time.”

Alex snickered and then dropped his luggage on the floor. “I can’t believe you can look me in the eye and lie to me! Why didn’t you instead just come out straight about you needing money? I probably would have tried to help you just because I really wanted to be part of you and your family I wanted a father! I am so glad that I heard you and Rob talk about it… I then did some investigation and that’s when I found out everything. I can’t believe you had audacity to lie to me… the son you disowned and that only wanted to get to know you. You and your whole new family are full of mendacity… I am now sure that you must have put Simone up to do this make Amber hate me!”

Robert looked at his son and swallowed hard, “I don’t understand what you are talking about, I would never do something like that.”

Alex took a deep breath and then stared at his father, “Quit trying to act like you don’t know what I am talking about Robert, you know that you are in debt and in the verge of loosing this fucking house as well as those fancy cars you have outside. You are a disgrace and I regret coming here…” he said grabbing his luggage again and walking out the door.

*********

“Its for you…” Tommy said looking at his sister Amber who laying on her bed.

“Who is it?” Amber asked looking at her brother questioningly.

“She said her name is Denise Solis.” Tommy said handing her the phone.

Amber’s eyes widen and then took a deep sigh before taking the phone. “Hello?”

“Amber its Alex’s mom,” Denise said not knowing exactly to start this conversation. “Listen, I am going to be in Dallas this weekend and would love to meet up with you.”

Amber did not know what to say so she just became mute.

“Amber? Are you there?” Denise said when she did not hear her.

Amber cleared her throat, “Yes sorry… I don’t think that is a good idea Ms. Solis.”

“Denise,” She corrected her daughter in law. “Look I know you left my son and I will respect that but please, do me this favor I want to be able to see the face of the person that has just saved my son from the paws of my ex husband.”

“I can’t I just can’t…” Amber said sighing as her hand distinctly went to her abdomen.

“Look how about I call when I am in Dallas and maybe by then you will change your mind. I am sorry for griping at Alex when he called me to tell me he had married you. I was just looking out for him, but I have now realized that you are a good girl. To bad Alex did not see it.”

Amber began to sob and then spoke again, “I never knew about that call.” She said smiling as she realized Alex had fought with his mother for her, what had happened to that Alex?

“I’m sorry I thought he had told you that. I assumed that’s why you didn’t want to see me.”

“No that’s not why…I’m pregnant.” She finally said before she could bite her tongue.

Denise almost dropped the phone when she heard Amber. “Pregnant?” she smiled as she felt tears start to form in her eyes. “Does he know?”

“No.” Amber said as she wiped away her tears. “I tried to contact him when I found out but was told all the three times that he was busy. Look I don’t know why I told you but don’t feel obligated about being nice to be because of it. I am raising my baby on my own and I will not ask for you or Alex to give me money.”

“No, Amber let me part of this. You don’t know how much this news makes me happy. Are you going to try and tell him again?” Denise asked knowing well that most likely she wouldn’t.

“No… maybe after the baby is born I will try again. Ms. Solis?” Amber asked suddenly.

“Yes sweetie?”

“Did he listen to you when you told him the truth about his father?” Amber just had to know.

“I know he did… I planted a seed of doubt I just hope he follows his gut instinct and investigates. I haven’t heard from him yet.” She lied realizing she could not let her know she was actually going to be in Dallas Love field airport to pick up her son.

“I hope so too. I have to go…” Amber said looking toward her door where her mother stood with a quizzical brow.

“Ok, but will we be able to meet up?” Denise asked.

“I will think about it,” Amber said clearing her throat. “Call me and we’ll talk then. Good bye Ms. Solis.