- Text Size +
“Logistics Inc. this is Amber speaking how may I help you?” Amber said into the phone as she sat in the reception area of her new job. She still couldn’t get Alex’s face of her mind from when he had showed up at the coffee shop. Had she been to harsh? He looked sincere in his apology.

“Amber?” she looked up to find her manager in front of her.

“Please hold,” she said to the person on the line as she put the line on hold. “Yes?”

“I’m going to lunch and I want you to join me,” Mr. Cox said smiling at the young girl. “I want to talk to you about your job and position.”

“Sir who will take care of the phones while I am gone?” Amber asked him. See Mr. Cox was a very good friend of her dads; her dad had pulled some strings and had landed her this job which would pay much better. She needed that now that she was expecting a bundle of joy. Cause no matter what the baby that was growing inside her was her bundle of joy. Even if the father and her had not worked out.

“Madeleine is,” he said as a strawberry blonde walked toward them. She was gorgeous and she was very confident. She was dressed to impress in the business world.

“Madeleine is my daughter and is usually in the accounting department but she will take care of the phones till get back.” Mr. Cox said kissing his daughter’s cheek.

“Hi,” Amber said extending her hand to the young woman and was surprised when Madeleine kissed her cheek.

“Nice to meet you my father kept bragging about you being Mr. Walker’s eldest daughter. We should make plans to hang out maybe go do some charity work and then go to the mall or something.”

Amber only blushed as she saw how friendly she was being. “That sounds great but…” she stopped talking though when Madeleine hugged her.

“Great this Saturday I will pick you up be ready by eight. We are going to be helping feed the homeless breakfast.”

Amber bit her lip only nodded, this only meant that her father had not told them about her decision… she was no longer religious per say. She also assumed this meant they did not know about her bundle of joy… she wondered how that was going to play out when she could no longer hide her growing bump.

*******

“Ha, three pointer!” Tommy said jumping as the basketball whooshed through the basket.

“Cheater,” Eric said. “So how much longer for you pops to get here?” he asked as he gulped down his water.

“He should be here soon it’s already four,” Tommy said looking at his watch. “What do you need to see dad about?” he asked Eric was one of the members of his church and he knew his father really liked him.

Eric laughed and cleared his throat, he looked at the young kid. “Well your father told me about your sister Amber…and how her misfortunate choice to leave to do what she felt like kicked in the butt. But he also told me about her being repentant, but not without consequences of course.” He said motioning his hand in a circular motion around his stomach to let him know he knew she was pregnant.”

“She didn’t sin… she is married she’s just going through a bad patch with her husband.” Tommy said defensively.

Eric only grinned… “Tommy your father told me everything and I know she is filing for an annulment. So I decided that… I am going to ask her to marry me. I will take care of her and the baby. I am twenty five and I haven’t yet found a suitable girl, and to be honest with you I always had a crush on your sister.”

Tommy spit out his water as he heard Eric. “You’re joking right? My sister isn’t going to agree.”

“Well you father has assured me he will make sure she sees that this is the best for her. I will love her and provide for her.” Eric said and quick like he stopped talking when he saw some walking up the driveway toward them. “Who’s that?”

Tommy looked up and scrunched his nose when he saw the man walking up to them. He definitely didn’t look familiar in fact he was not someone he would be allowed to talk to let alone hang out with. “I don’t know but maybe we should head inside.”

“We should ask what he wants.” Eric said standing up. “Can I help you?”

“Yes actually you can,” Alex cleared his throat as his hands found the pockets of his pants. “I am looking for someone… I was told this is where I would find her.”

“Yeah? What’s her name?” Eric said eyeing the tattooed man.

“Amber McLe-” he stopped himself from saying his last name and corrected himself, “I mean Walker.” He knew that they would know her for her maiden name.

Eric stiffened and eyed him, “she is not here… who is asking for her?”

“When will she be back?” Alex said ignoring his question.

“She should be home soon,” Tommy said not liking the attitude Eric gave the stranger. “Do you want to leave a message?”

“No I’ll just be back…” Alex said turning around and walking away. He had something to smile about though he had found her house. Now he had to make sure to come when she was there. He was startled when he felt a pat on his shoulder making him stop he turned and saw the younger boy he didn’t look older the sixteen. He smiled as he recognized the eyes they were the same shade as Ambers.

“I’m sorry but I have to ask what do you want with my sister?”

Alex smiled as he realized he was talking to Tommy, Amber’s brother. “I came for her. I came to apologize,” Alex said as his gaze turned to the other man looking mad at the fact that Tommy had followed him.

“You’re Alex?” Tommy said eyeing him and smiling. “Man Amber sure did loose some screws… I would have never seen her with some like you. No offense.” He laughed nervously realizing he had said that out loud.

“None taken,” Alex said taking a deep breath. “Is she ok? I want to talk to her I need to talk her…”

“She doesn’t know you’re here does she?”

Alex shrugged, “Well she does but our first encounter was not the best… I think she has begun to hate and I can’t, I just can’t let that happen. I love her…”

“Don’t come back today it won’t help with the situation she is dealing with right now. My dad is… well lets just say it won’t be a good idea. Come another day… and I think its best we don’t tell her you came. I have to say I am rooting for you.” Tommy said whispering.

Alex smiled and nodded, “Thanks I’ll be back another day then.”

*******

“NO! I am out of here!” Amber yelled to her mother as she began to pack her bags. She let out a cry as she packed. “I knew this was to good to be true!”

“Sweetie you have no where to go.” Adele told her daughter as she began to cry. “Just don’t marry him, your father is just not thinking.”

“Mom!” Amber said plopping on her bed. “He arranged a marriage for me so that he would not be looked upon as the father with the knocked-up daughter. When the truth is I am married and was married when I got pregnant. I can’t do this, I’m moving out.”

“Amber,” Tommy said walking in. “Don’t leave,” Tommy said.

“I can’t be here anymore Tommy dad has lost it, I am not even divorced yet and already he has me a husband.” She said between sobs.

Tommy eyed his mother and she got the hint slowly leaving the room. “Dad has a weird way of showing his love toward us. I caught my dad crying for you several times in the garage when he thought no one was looking for him a picture of clutched in his hand.” Tommy began as he saw his mother vanish not before closing the door though.

“He won’t force you know I think deep down inside he honestly thought he was helping you. of course he also so the benefit of covering up you mistake. Listen all I am saying is don’t leave abruptly again, save some money so you can get a descent place for you and the baby.”

Amber kissed her little brother and sighed as she stopped crying. “Since when did you get smarter than me?” she asked him.

“What do you mean since when…? I have always been the smart one of the family.” He chuckled when she elbowed his rib. “So do you want me to help you unpack?”

Amber bit her lip and said nothing. “Ok I promise I will not allow him to marry you to Eric.”

Amber smiled again, “I guess I can try and save more money… besides your right I know he loves deep down that cold heart of his he loves me… right?” she asked as she began to put her clothes back.

“Yes.”
Chapter End Notes:
hehe, enjoy. More drama! oh and review! please?