- Text Size +
Alex hands gripped tighter around Amber’s waist as he continued to kiss her. He smiled as he finally pulled away for air, “I love you.”

Amber smiled and blushed as she heard him, “I love you too.” She told him as her hands rested on around his neck.

“Nothing will separate us again ever,” he told her as he kissed her forehead.

“I hope not,” she said looking at him wearingly. “I don’t think I can handle another one of these situations.”

Alex bit his lip as he understood what Amber was talking about. “It won’t I promise.” He said before taking her mouth with his again.

Amber willingly kissed him back her fingers finding his hair. She breathed heavily as she pulled away for air, “We should stop we are in a public place,” she said as she looked around the park. It was empty but still it was better if they stopped.

“Ok,” Alex said standing up and holding out his hand for Amber to take. “Let’s get out of here,” he said.

“Wait where?” Amber said looking at him.

“I want you to leave with me… this week all I did was look for a place for us to live in. I don’t plan to travel anywhere till my son or daughter is born.” He said as one of his hands instinctively went to her stomach.

“You found a place here in Dallas?” Amber asked a little surprised at Alex’s confession.

“Yes, and now I am looking for a badass RV so we can travel once we have our baby.” Alex said smiling at her.

Amber chuckled and sighed, “I don’t know what to say. I was planning in my head how I was going to tell you that I wanted to stay put till after the baby is born but you already have it all set.”

“Well I am one determined man and I am determined to be with you.”

Amber hugged him again and kissed him hard. “I love you.” she managed to say after pulling away.

Alex smiled at her and then cleared his throat, “So do you want to just leave or do you want to get your stuff from your parent’s house?”

Amber stopped smiling as she remembered that little detail. “Uhm about that,” she said biting her lip. “I was wondering if you could allow me to talk to them today. I just need to warm them up to the idea of you being back in my life. I will leave with you I will just not today.”

Alex sighed and looked a little disappointed. “Why? I am sure they know you’re married and that I was bound to come for you. I would also like to meet them to tell them how much you mean to me. I also have to let them know that I will no longer do anything that will hurt you ever.”

“I know but you don’t understand my father not only hates you for what happened he hates you because… you.” Amber looked down to not see Alex.

“I what?” Alex asked picking her face up.

“You married me and well you know! I believe he doesn’t believe me when I told him we got married first.” Amber said flustered.

“Well I did because I love you…” he whispered taking her lips and kissing them tenderly.

“I know but my dad does not see it like that, remember when I told you my family was very religious?” Amber said as she sat back down on the bench.

Alex sat right back down beside her and sighed, “Yeah I remember you telling me that.” he said.

“Well I sort of came back to them because I had sworn I hated what you had done to me. I was not going to ever see you again… I was determined to not ever see you again, so my father took me back. But I know he expects me to behave like I did before. He has this sort of like goal for everyone in his life. When I returned he did take a while to forgive me…but he expects me to repay him back by doing the right thing. In this case that is marrying Eric one of his favorite friends at church.

“He can’t remarry you its illegal.” Alex said a little shocked.

“I know he is waiting for me to finalize our annulment. I was not going to marry him either way. I was actually planning on leaving again. I just want you to allow me to prepare them for your arrival and my decision to leave with you.” Amber said.

*******

“Ok call me,” Alex said as they finally made it to the front of her parent’s home.

“Ok, I might call you later tonight if he doesn’t take this well.” Amber said leaning up to kiss him. “I wish I could just walk in there and tell them how much we love each other. That we are going to give us a try again…” Amber said sighed as she wrapped her arms around him.
“I am prepared to do what you want me to, if you want me to go in there with you right now I will.” Alex said eyeing the house.

“NO, I want you to be in one piece when our child is born.” She smiled a little she knew her father would not kill Alex but still she was afraid of what they would tell him. Her father was a very judgmental person when it came to people that he just did not like for the way they dressed or whatever it was. Instinctively he would categorize them as the devils kids and the bait the devil would use to lure in the humble devoted people to god.

Alex chuckled, “I can put a good fight you know.” he said remembering his last talk with his so called good for nothing father.

“I know but, this is my fight and I have do this first.” Amber said smiling at him and sighing as she pulled away. She giggled when she felt him tightened his grip on her waist and without warning taking her mouth.

“Amber? What in gods name is this?”

Amber froze and became rigid a she heard the voice. She had by then stopped kissing Alex and was now turned toward the house. “Father,” Amber said placing herself in front of Alex. “You should go,” She told Alex only to feel his grip around her waist tightened.

“No,” Alex whispered as he saw the look on his father in laws face.

“Who is this? Why are you…” he could not even finish his phrase he was infuriated with his daughter.

“Dad, this is Alex.” Amber said subtly and still keeping eye contact with her father. “He came for me.”

“Amber Danielle Walker you can’t do this again. Have you not learned your lesson? Look at him he is not suitable for you he has hurt you! You come here right now and forget that nonsense.”

“Mr. Walker please, I really do love your daughter.” Alex said with a firm voice. “I may have acted wrong but I have corrected my error and all I want is to -,” he stopped talking when he felt the shove and then he was on the floor with his father in law on top of him.

“You, you made my daughter the talk of my community. You got her pregnant and turned her into a devils child!” he continued to say as he tried to punch the man but he kept being held by his hands.

“Father!” Amber screamed trying to get him off Alex.

“Dad!” Tommy said running out of the house. “What are you doing get off Alex.”
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is another chapter. I am in a role with this one. I would love to hear your opinion. :)