- Text Size +
“I’m so sorry,” Amber whispered as she cleaned Alex’s face. His lip quivered as she pressed the paper towel. “I should’ve known better,” she said.

Alex stopped her and made her look at him. “This is not your fault.” He looked around the room, “Nice room.” he gave her a little smile as she continued to clean his busted lip.

“I had a very big floral issue back in my high school days.” Amber said blushing a little. “This is my fault,” she told him as she took a seat next to him. “I shouldn’t have come back to them.”

“They are your family baby; I can totally understand why you would want to come back to them. Family especially your parents are supposed to be there for you no matter what. My mother I might say I hate her sometimes but at the end of the day I know she is there for me no matter how I fuck up. That’s how normal parents should be anyway.” He sighed and hugged her.

“I’m sorry.” Amber said kiss his cheek softly trying not to hurt him.

Alex cleared his throat and stood up pulling her to him. “I have nothing to forgive you for. If anyone is sorry here it’s me for being so blind and stupid that you had to come back to this.” He said hugging her.

The knock on the door startled them and Amber pulled away. She was prepared to argue again if that was her father, but instead in came her mother with two cups of tea. “Here I thought you might be thirsty. How’s your lip?” she asked Alex as she eyed him.

“It will heal,” Alex said taking a glass from her. “Thank you Mrs. Walker.”

“Your welcome son and I have to let you know that not everyone in this house hates you. My husband is just looking for what’s best for our daughter… and he blind to see that she has already found it.” Adele said smiling at the young man. He was definitely not what you would expect for Amber to like but she had listened to Amber. She had heard everything about him through Amber and she knew he was a good catch. “My husband will come to understand soon, you just have to understand his point of views you know.”

Alex smiled at her politely, “No, I don’t understand Mrs. Walker but I am not god to judge. I do hope that Mr. Walker comes to understand and accept our relationship because believe or not Mrs. Walker I love Amber. I am going to be with her till my last breath, and if he wants to a part of her life he better get used to me being around.”

Amber smiled at Alex’s words she would love him too just with just as much passion. “Mom is he still not here?” Amber asked.

“He hasn’t come back… Tommy is still with Eric looking for him.” Adele said nervously.

“I should go,” Alex said looking at Amber.

“We should go,” Amber corrected and saw the look of surprise from her mother.

“Your not leaving for good are you?” she asked her daughter.

“No,” Alex answered smiling at Amber. She had surprised him, she looked determined. “I have found a nice place downtown Dallas that I have rented. I want Amber to be settled in one place till the baby is born. You are welcome to our home anytime Mrs. Walker and you let Mr. Walker know he is too, so long he can get over the fact that this is not the Middle East and that his daughter has every right to choose who she marries. She married me and now we are having a baby, he needs to accept that.”

“He loves Amber and he only wants the best for her, I know he knows deep down inside that you are good for her. He is just a little stubborn that’s all.” Adele said in defense even though she knew Alex had every right to say what he did.

“Mom I’ll call you.” Amber said as she began to put her things back into her suitcase. She smiled when she saw Alex help her. “Thank you.” she told him as she watched her mother retreat leaving them alone again.

“The faster we finish that faster we are out of here. I just don’t want to be here when your father arrives, this time I let him do what he wanted to me but if there is a next time I won’t be so willing to let him hit me.” Alex said in a serious tone as his finger touched his lip.

*********

“Are we there yet?” Amber said as she tried to take Alex’s hands away from her eyes.

“Almost just relax babe you will see it soon enough.” Alex said a smile playing on his lips as he tried to unlock the door to their new apartment with one hand. After many attempts he finally opened the door and slowly guided Amber in. “Ok you can open them now.”

Amber opened her eyes just as she saw the light come on. She blinked again and gasped as she saw the apartment. “It’s huge,” she said as she walked in more. “I would have been ok with a smaller apartment.” She said as she began to walk around looking at everything from the furniture to the other rooms.

“Do you like it?” Alex asked as he joined her.

“Yes but,” she stopped talking when saw the face Alex made.

“Ok then why are you complaining?” Alex asked arching his brow.

“Ok fine its lovely and I love it…” Amber said wrapping her arms around him. “Sorry,” she said when she saw him wince. “I forgot your sore.”

“I’ll be fine…its just I think I pulled my muscle when I pinned your father down after we struggled for a while.” He said rubbing his left arm.

“Do you want something for the pain?” Amber asked concerned.

“Yes,” Alex said in a whisper as he pulled her into him smiling. “I could think of something I want and that will definitely make me forget the pain.” He said before kissing her.

Amber laughed as she kissed him back. “As tempting as that sounds,” Amber said finally as Alex began to kiss her jaw. “I think we should wait…”

Alex sighed a little and looked at her, “I totally understand.” He said not really understanding he really had missed her yet he knew better than to try if she wasn’t up for it.

“No you don’t,” Amber told him kissing his lips. “I just want to talk to my doctor first… besides we just made up today.”

“I totally understand,” Alex repeated as he picked her up and walked her to their bed. He did and he knew she was right but hey he was a guy.

“I’m hungry,” Amber giggled as she plopped on the oversized bed.

“What are you hungry for?” Alex asked plopping beside her.

“Pizza,” Amber said her mouth salivating just as she thought about it. “With lots and lots of pepperoni!” she said excited.

“Very nice choice,” Alex said pulling out his phone.

“Oooh with the stuffed crust…” she said before he dialed.

“I guess that means Pizza Hut it is.” He smiled at her and dialed the number.