- Text Size +
“Thank you for taking me to the store,” Amber told her husband as she poured the seven up into a glass. She then finished preparing her red raspberry leaf tea; she smiled when she saw her husband watching her carefully.

“So why are you preparing yourself some tea if you just finished pouring yourself some seven up.” He asked as he took a cracker from the little plate she had just prepared.

She smiled at him and sighed, “Well actually the seven up is for later in the morning actually with the crackers.” She told him playfully slapping his hand. “The tea is for now, I just had pizza… if I don’t drink this I will be sick all morning. But to make sure I don’t get to bad of a morning sickness Dr. Flowers told me about the seven up and crackers in the morning.” She told him.

“Dr. Flowers?” he asked smiling at her.

“Yes, she is a great doctor and her natural remedies have helped me so much.” She told him as she finally took a sip of her raspberry tea.

“So when is your next appointment? I want to go,” he asked as her as he snatched another cracker from her plate. He gave her a goofy mischievous smile, making her laugh.

“The day after tomorrow.” She told him chunking him a cracker.

********

Amber moaned as she heard the alarm and with closed eyes searched for the snooze button. But she knew that if she didn’t get up and eat her crackers and flat seven up she was going to regret it. So she fumbled with the blanket and Alex’s arm that seemed to have her in a lock. “Alex let me go,” she told him shaking him slightly.

“No its to early for you to be up and I want you here by me.” He told her tightening his grip on her.

“Ok so you don’t mind if I barf on you then?” she told him a smile playing on her lips and she laughed when she felt his arm loosen and she freed herself.

“Ok but come right back… after you brush your teeth.” He mumbled more asleep than awake.

She laughed as she looked at the glass of seven up and gulped it down with company of the crackers. As soon as she was finished she snuck back into the bed and wrapped her arms around Alex. She could see herself with him forever. She smiled when she felt his fingers intertwine with hers and he pulled her closer to him…

*******

“Good morning,” Amber said as she put some toast on a plate and handed it to him.

“How long have you been up?” He asked yawning as he gladly took the toast.

“Only a half hour before you, with no morning sickness thanks to the seven up and crackers.” She told him as she took a drink of her raspberry tea. “Normally I would make you a better breakfast but if I tried to right now I would be barfing like crazy. Sorry it’s your fault you knocked me up!” she told him giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“I sure did but it takes two to tango,” he told her as he watched her grab her purse. “Where are you going?”

“Work,” she told him.

“You expect me to allow you to work while I stay at home? Isn’t it the other way around?” he asked her as he took a bit of his toast.

“Well find yourself a job,” she told him giggling. “I just want to feel useful and I like my job so far… you are still the man of the house and of my heart.” She told him as she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Ok but at the first symptom of stress you are quitting.” He told her wrapping his arms around her. “Do you need a ride?” he asked her.

“No my friend is picking me up actually. She is my boss’s daughter, she is so cool. You know my mom called me this morning to tell me to call her because she did not care what had happened between my dad and me she still wanted to be my friend.” She told him happily.

“Ok what time are you coming back from work my wife?” he asked her.

“Around fourish?” she said before kissing him.

“Ok I will try to have dinner ready.” He told her in a feminine voice. “by the way my mother is coming over this weekend.”

Amber was laughing at him and then she nodded, “Ok I think she is here I have to go. Bye.”

*******

“I am happy for you,” Madeleine said as she walked with Amber to in the office.

“thank you,” Amber said smiling at her. “He really is a sweet guy and I know dad will come around once he realizes he is a hard working guy.”

“I am sure he will, so how did you two meet again?” Madeleine asked as she followed Amber to the reception area.

“Well it’s a long story but it’s so romantic,” Amber said blushing as she remembered her first encounter with her husband. He was supposed to be this thief but instead he was a heart bandit… her heart bandit.

“Mady,” Mr. Cox said walking out of his office. “Come here we need to talk.”

“During lunch we’ll talk more,” Madeleine said winking at Amber before walking to her father.

******

“NO you tell her then and if you fire her… I quit!” Madeleine screamed as she walked out of Mr. Cox’s office fuming.

Amber was startled by her actions and that’s when she spotted Mr. Cox coming toward her. “Is Madeleine ok?” she asked him.

“Yeah she is just a little stubborn sometimes.” Mr. Cox told Amber as he took out his handkerchief and wiped his forehead. “Listen Amber we need to talk, after analyzing your work the company has decided that we are looking for someone a little different…” he stopped talking when Amber stood up and raised her hand to stop him from talking.

“No… please don’t I should have known dad would call you. Mr. Cox it’s a shame you have the same closed mind as my father, and don’t worry no need to fire me I quit.” Amber said grabbing her purse trying not to cry.

“Amber let’s go!” Madeleine said walking out of her office with a box in hand. “I can’t work for a man that is prejudice and a push over!”

Amber smiled at Madeleine, “Madeleine you shouldn’t have done this. I totally understand and he is your father…” she told her as she faced her.

“No he was my father! I am so ashamed of this and I warned he still decided to fire you I am quitting. So lets get out of here.”

Amber sighed but followed Madeleine out of the office. “I am so sorry you shouldn’t have.” She whispered as they walked to her car.

“You would’ve done it for me right?” she asked her.

“Yeah of course…” Amber said smiling at her. “Need help?”

“No I am good so how about we head for some shopping and food. Oh North Park Mall what do you say? You could also catch me up on how you met Mr. Right.”

Amber laughed and nodded, “Ok just cause I need to think before I break the news to my hubby.”
Chapter End Notes:
hehe, I have a little bit more drama coming up but yes this story is wrapping up soon. Enjoy and like always feedback is appreciated. :)