- Text Size +
Denise waited as patiently as she could for her son and daughter in law. The hospital was cold and she hated every minute she waited, she was startled when she saw who approached her. “Tim,” she gave him a smile and only nodded as she saw her mother and younger sister with him.

“How is she doing?” Tim asked not even bothering to introduce his mother. She had finally broken when she had heard the call to him about Amber being in labor.

“I haven’t heard anything yet she is in the delivery room with Alex.” She said sighing heavily.

Tim sighed as well as he took a seat next to her and then spoke, “I’m going to be an uncle.”

Denise didn’t have much time to say anything because all of a sudden Alex was out and very angry. “I want to be with her!” he was yelling to the two nurses that had taken him out.

“Alex what’s wrong?” Denise asked worried as he saw his son…he looked horrible.

“I don’t know much all I remember is seeing one baby being handed to a nurse as the other came out. We had two boys…then suddenly everything went wrong. All they said before they took me out was postpartum hemorrhaging. She just closed her eyes and then all these nurses were around her…” he sobbed as he hugged his mother. That’s when he spotted her…

“What is she doing here?” he asked pulling away.

“She’s my daughter.” Adele said with tears in her eyes.

“Really?” Alex said sarcastically… “Isn’t it too late? She needed you and you weren’t there, now you think is right for you to be here?” he said taking his anger and anguish on her. He sort of blamed her.

********

Alex kissed Amber’s hand as he held it in his. She was still asleep… she still had to wake up. He was just glad they were able to save her… “She’ll be fine,” Denise told her son as she came into the room.

“I just saw the boys there beautiful.” She said smiling a little. “So tiny though. Maybe you should go see them, Dr. Richardson said Amber would be out for a few more hours. That way you can describe to her how they look.”

Alex sighed and looked at his mother, she was right but he also did not want to leave her side. “Ok,” he stood up and kissed her forehead.

He walked out and was startled to still see Adele there. “I don’t think you should be here.” He told her bluntly as he saw the face Tim made.

“Alex,” Tim said… “You and I both know that Amber will be happy to see her. She is sorry for the way she acted… don’t act like she once did.”

Alex swallowed hard but he knew Tim was right, “Fine but at any sign that Amber does not like her company you’re out of here.” He said walking away taking the elevator to neonatal.

******

“I’m fine mom… thanks for being here it means the world to me.” Amber said as she stared at her mother.

“I love sweetheart always have…I’m so sorry.” Adele said as she wiped away the tears.

“I know, now I know Alex is giving us space for us to talk. But I really want to see him now.” Amber said smiling up at her. “Can you call him in?”

“Yeah.” Adele said kissing her daughter’s forehead before leaving. She walked out and looked at Alex who was busy picking at his fingers probably a habit. “She wants to see you.”

Alex didn’t wait to be told twice he walked in and smiled as he saw her. “Hey princess.”

“Hi,” Amber said smiling at him. “I love you.”

“Not as much as me.” Alex said as he took a seat beside her. “Thank you.”

Amber gave him a curious face as she reached for his hand which he gladly extended. “For what?” she asked.

“For giving me two beautiful boys and for staying here with me.” He said kissing her hand.

“I hope they have your eyes.” Amber said giving his hand a squeeze.

“No they are better off with your features. They will both become a ladies man.” He said chuckling.

“Exactly your eyes are what got me… I was hooked when I stared into them.” She told him in a whisper.

“One and one then.” Alex said.

“Ok,” Amber said a smile on her face. “I am so happy right now, I have my boys, you and my mother back. Now if only my father would…” she stopped herself this was not the time for that. “I am happy.” She said instead.

“Names we need names. What are we going to name them?” Alex said changing the subject to a much better one.

“I like Horatio,” she said only to laugh at Alex’s face. “Kidding.”
Chapter End Notes:
ok here is the next chapter I would love feedback