- Text Size +
“Shhh…” Amber said as Alex snuck into the nursery.

“How long have you been up?” He asked in a hushed tone.

“I just fed Ayden… I can’t believe they are finally home and out of the incubator breathing on there own.” She kissed his little forehead.

“Allen is still sleeping?” Alex asked as he checked on his other son.

“Yeah…” Amber said.

“They are so beautiful and it looks like they have your eyes.” He said as Allen finally opened is eyes and began to move. “I think he’s hungry.”

“Oh, here take Ayden.” Amber said handing him over to him and going for Allen.

“Mom says we’re going to hope they were still in the hospital when we can’t sleep.” Alex chuckled as he rocked Ayden in his arms.

“My mom said the same thing. Maybe there right but right now I am loving every second of it.” Amber said as she began to feed Allen.

“I guess it’s because we’ve only had them home for two days.”

*******

A month later…

“I got it,” Alex said as Amber continued to rock a crying Ayden. Alex opened the door to his apartment and tensed when he saw who was standing there.

“Alex,” Mr. Walker said as he peeked in.

“What can I do for you…” Alex said tensed as he turned to look back Amber was still not in the living room and he could hear Ayden still crying.

“I know you think I don’t deserve to be here… I know I haven’t been the best father. But…I have come to my senses. Can I please speak to Amber?” he asked.

“I don’t know if she wants to.” He said.

“Who is it?” Amber asked as she came out with Ayden and Denise with Allen. “Daddy?” she said in surprise.

“Amber I am so sorry…” he said.

“He wants to talk to you…” Alex said looking at his wife.

“Uhm ok… here take Ayden.” She said handing her son to him and walking into the hall with her father.

“Amber…” Mr. Walker said swallowing his pride.

“Dad why are you here? Are you just trying to get me to tell mom to take you back? Mom is not the same dad she is over being manipulated by you…” Amber said in a pained voice. She really hoped it wasn’t that the reason he was there.

“Well no not only that…” he said staring at her. “I really am sorry for the way I treated you when I found about your husband. I know you don’t see it my way but I really did keep you away for a reason… I know I might have been a little to harsh at times. I know you must hate me now but I’ve always loved you and when your mother showed me the pictures of your babies… I realized just how blessed I am and I was loosing it all because of my pride and need to please other people.” He began to wipe the tears the slid down his face. “I’m sorry and I want to have a chance to be a part of my grandkids and you again. I know it’s hard to just tell you to forget my actions but I hope you can at least try.”

Amber was crying and then she hugged her dad, “Oh daddy I have nothing to forgive you… I’m just glad I have you back. Now come on I want to present to you Ayden and Allen the joy of my life.”

*******

“That smells good,” Alex said as he watched his mother in law pull the cake out of the oven.

“It’s to die for… Amber’s favorite.” Adele said as she put aside. “Well while it cools let go outside with the rest of the family.”

“Yeah good idea… I hope we can take the babies away from Mr. Walker.” Alex said laughing.

“The burgers are almost done,” Tim said from the grill.

“Where’s Amber?” Alex asked as he realized she was not outside with the family.

“She went inside just a couple of minutes ago.” Denise said from the hammock she lay in. “The food is smelling fantastic Tim.”

“I’ll be right back,” Alex said walking back inside the house. “Amber?” he called out and smiled when he heard Amber’s laugh.

He found her in her room with her little sister. “I want to have a real baby.” He chuckled as he heard her little sister.

“Natalie you don’t really want to have a baby yet… you’re only eleven. Tell you what I will let you come over one day and you can be in charge of both of my boys if you can handle them I will personally represent your case to mom and dad.” Amber said with a chuckle.

“OK so if I can handle them your will help me convince mom and dad that I can have a baby of my own?” She asked.

Alex began to laugh… “I doubt you can handle Ayden and Allen Nat, they are a handful.”

“I can too; I take care of my doll very well. I have to go tell mom I am going to go spend the night at your house!” she gushed as she ran out.

“She wants a baby!” Amber said wide eyed.

“I highly doubt it when she spends a day with our two boys.” Alex said chuckling as he closed the door to her room.

“What are you doing?” Amber said arching her eyebrow.

“Shhh wait listen.” Alex said putting a finger to his mouth.

“What?” Amber said as she listened but didn’t hear a thing. “I don’t hear a thing.”

“Exactly.” Alex said plopping on the bed and closing his eyes. “Perfect for a nap. I totally understand mom now.”

Amber chuckled as she plopped beside him. “Oh the bed is nice and comfortable.” She said as she cuddled next to him. She laughed when she felt him shift and was now on top of her.

He smiled at her… “As tempting as this position is right now…” he said as he kissed her softly then more ardent; “this is a perfect time for a nap.” He said after breaking the kiss. He lay back down beside her.

A few minutes later they were both fast asleep… Denise smiled as she found them. They really made cute couple and she was happy for them. It seemed they had finally found happiness complete happiness.

She still wondered how they met… every time they were asked they found a way to change the subject… but one day she would find out.

********

“Please can I take it off now?” Amber asked as she smiled.

“Not yet…” Alex said as he helped through the parking lot of there apartment complex. “Ok now!” he said letting go of her hands.

Amber took off her blind fold and gasped when she saw the RV with a big red bow. “WOW… what is that for?” She asked.

“Well I got a really good deal and since I haven’t forgotten about your list… I plan to use for our traveling…” he said with a smile.

“But the babies?” Amber said.

“Sweetie we’re not leaving today… we’ll wait till there a little bit older. For now this is going to be parked at your dad’s” he said as he opened the door to the RV. “Now come on I have to give you the tour.”

Amber laughed and followed him in. “Wow it’s spacious.”

“Well with twins I figured we’d need room.” He said as he took a seat on the couch.

“I love you.” Amber said as she sat on his legs and kissed him.

“I love you too…” he kissed her back passionately. “Imagine the adventures we’ll have.”

Amber laughed… “Well my favorite adventure will still be the one that led me to you.”

***The End***
Chapter End Notes:
Finally its done. I hope to get more than one review. I know there has been more then one person reading this... so please at least give me you opinion on the finale... :)

Oh I also have to thank Krystle for her help with my writer's block. Thank you girlie... *hugs Krystle*