- Text Size +
“Thank you,” Alex told the waitress that sat them on the booth. “Ok so can I trust you won’t try to run if I go to the men’s room?” he asked Amber.

She smirked at him and then she sighed, “I’m too hungry to leave right now just don’t take too long.”

Alex smiled at her as he left her sitting in the booth. Amber was busy looking at the menu she hadn't noticed that a few booths down some guys were staring at her. Until she saw one standing beside her, “Yes?” she asked finally looking away from her menu.

“I was just wondering how a pretty lady like yourself can be all alone. I’m Billy.”

Amber watched as he took a seat in the booth, “Actually,” she said staring toward the restrooms.

“Actually I want to buy you lunch and maybe I can show you around town you seem new in town.” The tall robust man said giving her a smile.

“No thank you,” Amber said trying to be polite.

“What don’t tell me you are one of them girls that think you're better then us men?” he asked getting a little aggravated.

“No,” Alex said as he made it back to the booth. “I leave you for two minutes honey and you have men coming at you.” Alex said giving Amber a smile and kissing her on the lips.

Amber’s hand automatically went to her lips, she felt an electric current go down her body. She shrugged at Alex and went along, “Oh honey this is Billy right?” she asked the young man.

“That’s right,” he said standing up quickly. “I’ll let you folks get back to enjoying you lunch.” Billy said but not before grinning at Amber.

Alex watched as he retreated to his booth where the rest of his friends laughed at him. “Oh boy I don’t like those boys.” He told Amber looking at the menu as well.

“I think he understood,” Amber said giving Alex a curious look. She was still trying to recuperate from the kiss.

“Let’s hope so I don’t like to fight,” he said looking up at her. “Yeah sorry about earlier… I just wanted it to look real that you and I were a couple. Of course we’re not…” he finished quickly. He didn’t want to tell her how the feeling of her lips on his had felt. It looked like she hadn’t notice his shiver either.

Amber just shrugged, “I- its ok no problem.” She told him just before the waitress came back to take the order’s.

********

“Ok seriously you never have had a birthday cake?” Alex asked astonished.

“Nope,” Amber answered emphasizing her answer as she shook her head. “I am serious no holidays no nothing.”

Alex finished his tea, “Wow that is fucked up,” he said. “So you finally decided you wanted to try it all?”

“Well yeah,” Amber said playing with the remainder of her food. “Getting kidnapped was not in my list but now I must add it.”

Alex grinned, “So can I see this list you have?” he asked. “Maybe I can help you with more.”

“I’ll think about it,” She told him eyeing him curiously.

“You know Saint Patrick’s Day is coming,” he answered smiling and then his smiled turned into a frown, “Wait never mind by then we will be in Nevada and on our separate ways.”

She stopped smiling too, “Yeah well I will still try to celebrate it wherever I am by then.”

“Man I would have loved to see you drunk,” Alex said grinning. “You haven’t been drunk either have you?”

“No… I am still of illegal age… hello nineteen.” She told him.

“So?” Alex said. “That’s it when we reach Nevada and go our separate ways first we are going to get you a fake id and then we are going to gamble. After loosing or winning money we are going to get you so drunk. That way you can clear three from your list or I assume are on your list. Drinking under age, gambling and hangover.”

“You know my list doesn't include the seven deadly sins,” Amber told him smiling. “Tempting we’ll see.”

“I think we are ready to hit the road,” Alex told her as the waitress came back with the bill. “We’ll finish this conversation in the car,” he told her taking out his wallet.

After paying they were walking to the car when the same young man approached them with his friends. “Hey there why so in a hurry?” he said laughing lightly. “I was thinking maybe you and your lady can accompany us for some drinks.”

Alex smiled in annoyance, “Sorry fellas maybe another day,” and went to open the door for Amber only to have pushed shut by Billy. “Man what is your fucking problem?” Alex asked pushing him. “You don’t want to mess with me.”

“Oh yeah?” Billy said as he and his friends approached him. “Hey Rusty why don’t you take the pretty lady while I show this son’s of bitch a thing or two?” Billy said.

“Don’t touch her,” Alex said sternly or you will regret it. He turned to face the other man that was approaching Amber and in that instant he felt the horribly pain. He felt the warm liquid begin to flowing down his lip, “Ah hell,” he said angry launching himself at Billy.

“Stop please,” Amber said in a pleading voice as another man held her. “Let us go,” she struggled to get loose.

Alex was winning but then another man got into help so he was struggling with another. Finally he managed to dig the back of his pants and grabbed what he was looking for. “Stop or I will use it,” Alex said pointing the gun to the man that was about to attack him again. “Now let her go and leave… if not I won’t hesitate to use this.” he said as he wiped the blood from his nose.

Slowly they all began to back away and Amber ran to him. “Are you ok?” she asked looking at his face.

“Just my nose,” said opening the door to the car for her. “Get in we have to leave before the cops get here.”

Amber did as she was told and again they were speeding away. She sat in silence as he continued to curse a storm as he used his shirt to wipe the blood.

********

“Sit still,” Amber said as she cleaned his face. “I don’t think it’s broken though,” she said. “I also got you a new shirt since this one is all bloodied.”

“Thanks,” Alex said as he sat still watching her clean his cut on the brow. “So are you ever going to tell me your last name?” he asked.

She looked at him for a second, “I guess I could tell you since you saved me back there, Amber Danielle Walker,” she said as she continued to clean his cut. “We should rest for today, you look hurt. Beside we got this hotel might as well get a good rest.” She finished a she walked away to throw the dirty gauze. “Here,” she told him returning with the new shirt she had bought him.

She had made him stop a Wal-Mart to get a first aid kit and once she was in there she had brought him a shirt. She smiled as he accepted it from her. “Thanks Amber Danielle Walker,” he said as he grimaced a the pain on his side as he put on the shirt.