- Text Size +
“You had good luck tonight,” Alex told Amber as they walked out of the casino and into the busy street. “You doubled what you had, must be nice.”

“Well that means I can maybe travel for a little longer before actually settling down and finding a job.” Amber said smiling. “I actually had fun too. Where to now?”

“Hmm… how about a bar first?” he said wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

She smiled and didn’t say much more as they began to walk, “Okay I have to say that the shoes are a little uncomfortable.” She finally told him.

Alex laughed, “Just because you’re not used to them that’s all.” Alex smiled as he finally saw a bar. “Come on lets go into this one.” He pointed to the bar.

Instantly Alex got sidetracked by a gorgeous blonde who seemed to be thinking the same as him. “I’m going to the men’s room, you’ll be okay right?”

“Yeah I’m going to try and drink this,” she flashed her rum and coke. “So I can be ready for whatever else you’re going to give me tonight,” she smiled at him.

He felt his heart beat a bit faster as his eyes locked with hers but he knew better and cleared his throat as he headed toward the restrooms. Alex smiled as he saw the blonde follow him.

“Would you like another one?” Amber smiled at the bartender and nodded, she was starting to like whatever it was she was drinking. She was beginning to panic as she realized Alex was taking long. “I’ll be right back,” she told the bartender and began to walk toward the restrooms.

She stopped in her tracks as she saw Alex was kissing some girl. It was a very heated make out session in the dark hall that lead to the restrooms. She didn’t understand why she felt anger and disappointment but she had no right to. She turned back around and tried to calm down drinking the fresh rum and coke in three drinks. “Could I have another… wait or do you suggest anything?” she asked the friendly bartender.

“Well miss it all depends,” he smiled at her, “Do you want something more strong or not? Wait you might like a Margarita top shelf… my treat.” He winked at her.

Amber blushed as she saw him wink, “thanks,” she said as she watched him prepare her drink

“One margarita top self on the rocks, enjoy.” He told her as he walked away to help someone else.

She smelled it and then just took a large gulp… “It’s not that bad,” she said as she began to down it faster. “Hey sir,” she called the bartender again.

“I take you liked it?” he told her his eyes wide with surprise.

“Yes I did could I have another one?” she asked him as she began to feel warm inside.

“Sure.”

“Thanks,” she said just as she turned to see Alex coming back with that girl walking beside him. She turned back around trying to ignore him.

“Sandy this is my sister,” Alex lied as he presented Amber to his new friend.

“Hello happy birthday,” Sandy told Amber.

Amber was about to say it was not her birthday but Alex butted in, “I told her I had brought you down to celebrate your birthday.” He gave her a smile and pleading look hoping Amber would not spill out the truth.

“Here you go miss,” the bartender said handing her another margarita.

“Thanks…I’m sorry what was your name?” Amber asked the bartender breaking the eye contact between her and Alex.

“James,” he answered her.

“Right thanks James for my Margarita top shelf.” She turned to look at Alex, “Why don’t you and Sandy join me on this drink? It is my birthday! Happy birthday to me!” she said.

Alex felt a little bad as he heard the anger apparent in Amber’s voice. “Ok yeah. James I’ll have some Jack and Sandy what will you have?”

********

Amber watched from where she sat as Alex and that Sandy girl danced. It was very disgusting to her and her night had been ruined. Now here she was in one of the most popular clubs in Vegas according to Sandy and she was angry. She stood up holding onto the stool as she finally began to feel the effects of the alcohol in her system.

She knew she had to go to the restroom soon if not she would have an accident so she began to walk toward the restrooms complaining to herself about Alex and his behavior. What did he see in that girl anyway?

A few minutes later she was heading back to where they were seated and sighed in disappointment as she realized they were still not there.

“Excuse me would you like to dance?”

Amber was caught off guard as she heard the man ask her to dance. She gave him a smile and was about to decline when she saw Alex not only dancing with Sandy but again they were kissing. “Sure I’d love to. I just have to be honest…I am not a good dancer.”

“Don’t worry sweetie I’ll show you,” the man said giving her a smile. “I’m Oscar by the way.”

“Amber … Samantha. I like Samantha better,” she said remembering that at that moment she was Samantha not Amber.

“Ok Samantha lets dance,” Oscar said just as the music changed from an upbeat song to a slower one. “Even better it’s easier to learn to dance in slow songs.”

********

Amber was really trying to have fun and Oscar had been a great help. She didn’t know she had been dancing with him for a long while till she felt Alex’s hand tap her shoulder. “We need to go.” Alex told her smiling at the young man.

“I am having so much fun,” Amber told Alex with more enthusiasm than she really meant.

“No we really need to go,” Alex said nervously. “we can come back tomorrow.”

“Its fine I can take you home if you want?” Oscar offered seeing the urgency Alex had to leave.

“No my sister leaves with me.” Alex told him suddenly not really liking that guy.

“Fine,” Amber said glaring at him as she waved at Oscar. “Nice meeting you.”

They walked in silence… Amber was quiet to keep from giving him a piece of her mind.

Alex was quiet to try and find a way to sneak out later to meet up with Sandy. He just hoped he could make sure Amber was asleep.

***********

Amber opened her eyes and saw the time it was five in the morning. She pretended to be asleep as Alex crept back in. He was doing a poor job though but she still pretended to be asleep as he stood beside her bed probably checking on her.

Amber was glad that tomorrow she could just leave and she would never have to see him again. But why was she crying then, she just listened in silence as Alex showered. He had been with Sandy she knew that and it was killing her

She heard him open the door and could not take it anymore she sat up in bed turning on the light. She crossed her arms as she waited for him to come out. “Good morning” she told him in a sour tone.

Alex stopped in his tracks as he saw the look on Ambers face. “I thought you were asleep sorry if I woke you up I just felt like I needed a shower.”

“Who wouldn’t after sneaking back out…” she did not finish her sentence and instead bit her lip. “You were suppose to show me a good time and instead you let some dumb girl wrap you around her finger!” she told him now anger apparent in her voice.

Alex sighed heavily and then he spoke, “I’m sorry Amber I really am but I promise tomorrow I will make it up to you.” he walked up to her bed sitting on the side.

Amber just gave him a smug smile, “I actually am leaving as soon as the sun is out. Remember our deal this is the end of us riding together.”

Alex felt his stomach unsettle as she told him that. “No really Amber let me make it up to you.”

“No that’s ok thank you…I think I’ll go find Oscar from last night he’s from here I am sure he can show me around. You have Sandy to worry about.” Amber told him.

“Oscar? You can’t just trust anyone here Amber… he could be a rapist for all you know!” Alex said feeling a pang of jealousy at the mention of that guy’s name.

“Really doesn’t it also apply to you and you didn’t care you went ahead. You went with that girl I may be innocent but not stupid!” she yelled and suddenly she began to get up the bed.

“Where are you going?” He asked her as he watched her start to put on her shoes

“I’ve decided I want to go now,” She told him as she began to put her hair in a messy bun.

“Amber please just rest.” He said walking up to her making her stop. “Amber…”

“You can’t tell me what to do!” she told him trying to pull away from his grip.

Alex got frustrated by her little fit and wrapped his arms around her waist making her struggle to get away from his grip.

“Let go of me… you idiot.” She began to hit him she didn’t care where she was angry and tears began to fall down her face.

Alex grabbed her and threw her on the bed. “Stop this! Amber relax,” He said as he crawled on top of her to try and make her stop kicking. He pinned her hands over her head and he just stared at her. “Amber,” he said as she continued to squirm to get free.

He finally sighed as he took both her hands in one of his and then with the other he grabbed her face so she was facing him. “Stop Amber…” then he saw it she was hurt. He knew he had done wrong but he didn’t understand why till now as he saw it in her eyes.

Without another word he took her mouth with his…