- Text Size +
Amber moved trying to stop him from kissing her but was not able too. He was aggressive in his kiss forcing his tongue into her mouth. She felt anger yet she had wondered how his kisses would be like. He was now officially the first man to ever kiss her and in any other time she wouldn’t have minded. She stopped squirming and with that he let go of her hands.

He now had both his hands on her face, she was starting to feel the butterflies in her stomach but still the anger beat any other feeling and with out thinking it twice she pushed him off her. She stood up and began to wipe her mouth. “Why did you kiss me?” she asked anger flashing in her face.

She was flustered and blushing that only made him smile. “It was just like I thought it would feel like,” he said his chest heaving.

Amber was angry and then she walked up to him, “Really what was it like?” she asked him her hands on her hips.

Alex smirked and dared to walk up close to her, “it was like kissing an angel…” he told her. The he felt the sting as Amber’s right hand flew and smacked him on his face.

“Don’t you ever touch me like that? Especially after god knows where you’ve been?” she said with anger and then she began to cry. Not wanting to be in the same room as him she ran and locked herself in the restroom.

Alex sighed heavily realizing exactly why she was like that. He felt miserable and the truth was he really didn’t feel much for Sandy. She was just an easy lay, one he needed at that point. Because truth be told since his path crossed Amber’s he had been experiencing feelings he didn’t know existed. Amber deserved someone better than him, but it was too late for that.

He walked up to the door and knocked… “Amber I’m sorry please open up.” He could hear her sobs and it only made him feel worse. “Amber…”

“Leave… go to Sandy and let me be!” Amber yelled from inside the restroom. “We made a deal, it’s your turn to go through with your part.”

“Is that what you want?” Alex asked knowing well he would not be able to go through with his part.

“Yes, leave and stay away from me…” she said as she began to calm down. She began to wash her face and her mouth. Her lips still tingled from the kiss, a kiss she would have enjoyed if she knew it really meant something. “Go or I will go to the authorities about everything you thief!”

Alex felt the pain of those words, “I can’t leave without telling you that you have done something to me. I didn’t believe in love till you showed up in my life. I didn’t want to admit that, you have stolen my heart. I just feel like you deserved someone better than me. I know I acted the worst way ever but…don’t accuse me of theft when you are the worst of all thieves’. You stole my heart, I Alexander McLean have finally fallen in love!” he yelled as he began to gather his belongings. He took out the keys that belonged to her and laid them on the small table in the hotel room. Then without hesitation he ripped off her graduation picture from the key chain. He then turned and faced the door to the restroom hoping she would open the door. Finally realizing she was not going to come out he stormed out the hotel slamming the door.

********

It had been exactly two hours since Alex had stormed out of the hotel room. She had been waiting, hoping he would return… she was still thinking of what he had told her. “He loves me,” she whispered as she felt her lips.

She still was crying, why had she allowed him to go. “I love him,” she said as she began to gather her things too. Maybe if she left she could forget about him too.

Once everything was in her trunk she went to the office to return the key and pay the hotel. “Good morning,” she told the clerk as she handed him the key. “How much do I owe you?”

“Nothing your tab has been paid,” he told her eyeing her. She still hadn't been able to make her eyes look normal they were still puffy and red. “Your friend paid for it before he left,” he told her.

“You saw him leave? Did he mention where he was going?” she asked.

“All he asked was for a taxi and another hotel close by. He mentioned something about staying in Vegas for a couple more days.” The clerk told the young lady.

Amber smiled and then she thanked him as she walked to her Toyota. What was she going to do? She could just get in her car and leave this place or she could try to find him?

She got into her car and after driving a few blocks she finally made up her mind. She began to look for a hotel to stay at. She would search for him; she couldn’t go far without him either.

*********

“Yeah she did check out around eight,” the clerk told Alex. “She looked pretty sad though,” he told him.

“Thanks,” Alex said with sadness as he walked out the office and back into the taxi. She detested him and had left. She was gone and with her she took his heart.

“Where to now sir?”

“The nearest bar,” he told the driver as he took out the picture he had torn off the key chain. Even in her picture she had the vivid green eyes and he could not help but feel like crying.

“Are you alright sir?”

Alex laughed sourly, “No I am not I think I just lost the best thing to ever happen to me.”

“Is it a gal?” the taxi driver asked as he continued to drive.

“Yes the one girl to ever make me feel like I can’t go on with her by my side.” Alex said as he continued to hold Amber’s picture.

“Why don’t you go looking for her?” he asked him.

“I wish I could but she is gone, vanished. I don’t know where she went.” Alex said.

“That is bad sir take it from own experience you will never find another love like that. No one will replace her.” He told him as he stopped in front of a bar. “Do you want me to come back later for you?”

“Yeah please, how much do I owe you?” Alex asked the taxi driver as he began to think of the many drinks he was going to need to forget.