- Text Size +
Alex watched his bride sleep on the passenger’s seat, his wife. Amber was now his wife, he smiled as he saw the sign announcing California state only twenty five more miles ahead. He kept wondering if it now that he was married that he should tell his wife a minor detail in his life….

[Flashback]

“I what?” Alex said as he saw his grandparent’s lawyer.

“Like you heard Mr. McLean your grandparents have made you millionaire. You are now owner of there estate or should I say ranch in Texas. They do have an account under your name which now that you have turned twenty one can now use. They did want me to let you know that they do wish you use the money wisely as in college.”
“Ok you must have the wrong person here, I know my grandparents they never told me about this.” Alex said as he saw the amount in the bank. “What about my mother?”

“Your mother gets the house in here in Florida and a nice amount so she can live well. But you my son… your grandparents adored you and they are making sure you are well taken care of since they can’t be here to see you become a wonderful man. I was there when they dictated this will Alex, this was there last wish.”

“I don’t get it? How come they made me believe that we were always on a tight budget? I can’t accept this…” Alex said standing up and walking out of the lawyer’s office.

[End of Flashback]

He sighed heavily as he remembered that meeting with his grandparent’s attorney Paul Zavinski, friend of the family as well. He had vowed not to touch that money because he felt betrayed by them. He wanted to struggle in life and come out on his own like he was taught and it wasn’t till he saw the dress in that antique store in Vegas that he realized and finally understood his grandparent’s point of view.

He smiled when he saw Amber’s green eyes stare at him. “Well hello my wife nice to see your awake.” He caressed her cheek.

“How long was I out?” she asked as she stretched.

“Just a couple of hours,” he said giving her a grin. “Are you hungry?”

“Yeah a little, how much more till California?” she asked looking ahead.

“Twenty something miles. How about IHop?” he asked as he saw the exit sign and the restaurants available.

“Ok,” she said leaning in on him and giving him a kiss. “So when we get to California my husband will we finally have a honeymoon?”

He laughed at her comment, “Yes…” he said taking her hand in his.

*******

“Hey princess,” Alex said as they waited for there food. “I have something I wanted to give you but I don’t know if you want it.”

Amber eyed him curiously, “what is it?” she asked.

“Well I do carry these with me because well they belonged to my grandparent’s and I thought maybe you would like to wear my grandmother’s wedding band… if it fits I mean. I will wear my grandpa’s wedding band too…” he said as he slowly undid one of the chains around his neck and taking out the two very antique wedding bands. Smiling at her he took her hand and slowly slid the very simple diamond studded band on her left ring finger.

“It fits,” Amber said as she fought back tears. “Wow it’s beautiful,” she said as she admired the band. “Here I think it’s only fair if I put yours on too,” she told him as she took the other ring and slid onto his left ring finger.

“Perfect,” he said smiling as he saw his hand and hers intertwined. “Now its more official your Mrs. McLean.”

She just smiled at him and then kissed him. “You’re so adorable…”

********

Amber drove in silence as Alex slept. She had taken the wheel after eating… she was excited yet she still felt guilty for getting married without even calling her parents to tell them about it. She wasn’t having second thoughts but something was just not right. She had to let them know yet maybe she should wait a while before doing so.

She had many things to think about now though, for one she was now a married woman and she had been brought up the old fashion way so that meant many things in her world. Cooking, cleaning and all that list of chores yet in her marriage where would that fit? If all they were doing was driving around the US getting to know every place they could.

She did make a mental not to call them… her parents or at least her mother. She needed to see how they were doing and she knew her mother needed peace of mind about her whereabouts. She probably was in every prayer of everyday in her mothers mind. If only she could share with her the joy she felt at the moment.

******

It was early in the morning when they had switched seats. Alex smiled as he saw the view in front. “Wow it’s bright,” he told Amber as they both gawked at San Francisco’s view.

“Yeah,” Amber said as she looked on. “Its gorgeous but I thought you said your father was in LA.”

“Yeah but first Mrs. McLean we are having our honeymoon,” he said grinning at her.

Amber smiled she heard him, “really can we go the beach?” she asked excited.

“Yes but first we shall check into a hotel,” Alex said as he began to look around. “We also might need to buy suitable clothes for the beach, a nice bikini for you.” his smile widened as he said it.

Amber only blushed as his comment, “I’ve never worn one,” she said timidly.

“Well its about time,” Alex said giggling.

“But if we keep buying clothes like this we won’t make it far. I am sure by now you have very little left from the “loan” you got back home. I still have mine but we should economize.” She told him worriedly.

“I might have lied a little about the amount of my loan,” he said hoping she would believe him.

“What? So you have how much?” she asked a little surprised.

“Enough to get a nice hotel suite for our honeymoon and a bathing suit, Princess don’t’ worry ok. I will find a job soon,” he told her as he thought of how he was going to tell her he was actually pretty wealthy.
Chapter End Notes:
OK sorry to everyone that had written a comment or review I sort of deleted them... but please I do apologize and hope you will still review this chapter new chapter.