- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story contains Male pregnancy. If you don't like it, then don't read it.
Nickolas Gene Richardson nee Carter was at Los Angeles International Airport in the evening on Monday, September 10, 2001. He was flying back home to his husband, fellow Backstreet Boy Kevin Scott Richardson. Nick had gone to California to meet with his brother, Aaron Charles Carter, and spend some quality time together for a few weeks. Nick was seven months pregnant with twin girls that Kevin and he decided to name Abigail Leah Richardson and Evelyn Marie Richardson. Since Nick told his brother that he was going to be an uncle, Aaron made sure to keep in contact with him mostly every other day and tell him to rest. Nick laughed when he told Kevin about that.

When his flight was called, he stood up from his seat and walked over to the gate. Nick boarded the plane once his ticket and boarding pass were scanned by the ticket clerk. He found his seat and was glad that it was at the front. He had told the airline that he needed to be accommodated since he was pregnant and he was glad that they did it for him. He placed his two shoulder bags into the overhead compartment and closed the door. He sat down in his seat and buckled in.

After fastening the seat belt, Nick sighed and sat back in his seat. He was itching to return to Florida and back into his husband's arms. He closed his eyes and remembered the day Kevin and he were married three years ago. Alexander James Dorough nee McLean, Alex or AJ to everyone, had joked that he was Kevin's 'wife' now since he did most of the cooking and cleaning.

Nick smiled at the memory of the wedding ceremony. He had been so nervous about marrying Kevin. At first, he never thought he was good enough for the older man and his parents knew about his insecurities. He still couldn't believe that he married Kevin at only eighteen years old and they had been together since he was fifteen and Kevin was twenty-two. Robert and Lisa Carter knew that their son was in love with Kevin and let the two men date. Nick had been excited when his parents accepted the relationship and let him be with Kevin. A year and a half later, Kevin proposed and Nick accepted it. They married on Valentine's Day and were blissfully happy.

A few minutes later, the door was sealed and the stewardesses were strapping themselves in their seats. The captain of the airplane came onto the intercom. "Hello and welcome to Delta Airlines flight 2345. This is your captain speaking. Please have all electronic devices off and enjoy your flight," the captain replied. The airplane started down the runway and Nick was already sleeping soundly. The airplane lifted up from the ground and rose into the air until the maximum altitude was reached.

Three Hours Later
Nick opened his eyes and realized that they were flying over Florida. He had slept through the entire flight and couldn't wait to be in his husband's arms once again. He loved feeling Kevin's hands on his stomach as they cuddled on the couch together. The captain came onto the intercom and replied, “Attention passengers, we have arrived at Miami International Airport. Please be sure to stay secured and keep all electronic devices off. Thank you and hope you all enjoyed the flight.”

Nick smiled and watched as the plane touched down on the runway. When the sign flashed for taking off seat belts, Nick unhooked his and stood up from the seat. He opened the overhead compartment and grabbed his two carry-ons. He slipped one over his body and he placed the other bag on his shoulder. He was glad to be back home and he had a feeling that something was going to happen tomorrow. He had called Kevin and told him that he was coming home in the evening instead of the morning. Kevin told him that it was alright coming home in the evening since he needed rest.

He exited the plane and headed down the ramp that would take him back into the terminal. He was glad to be back in Florida. Brian and Leighanne Littrell wanted to take him out to lunch tomorrow and he agreed to let the couple take him out. He sighed and rubbed at his stomach. The weird feeling was still there and he didn't know if it was going to go away anytime soon. As soon as he walked through the gate, he saw his husband standing at Baggage Claim and started walking towards the older man. “Hey Kevin,” Nick called out as he was waving his hand.

Kevin looked up and saw his beautiful, young husband making his way over. He met Nick halfway and pulled him into his arms. “God, it's so good to have you back in my arms, Nicky. I love you so much. It's been hectic for the last three weeks that you weren't here. I hated waking up without you by my side. I had "Nick Withdrawals" as Brian put it simply," Kevin replied and inhaled the natural scent of vanilla and cinnamon that Nick carried around all the time. He missed the younger man like something else and he always loved to rub his husband's stomach.

Nick smiled and leaned up to kiss the older man on the lips. Nick wrapped his arms around Kevin's neck loosely as he kissed him. Kevin tightened his hold on Nick's waist and pulled him a little closer. The couple ended the kiss and smiled at each other. The weird feeling Nick was still having was starting to grow. "Kevin, while I was in California hanging out with Aaron, this feeling rushed over me and it hasn't gone away yet. Something's going to happen tomorrow. I can just feel it around me," Nick replied and rested his head on Kevin's chest.

Kevin knew that Nick was more aware of things happening and he had experienced the same feeling. "I know what you mean, baby. I've been feeling like something is going to happen as well. It scares me that this feeling we're both having will become reality. Let's not think about it for right now. Let's get you home into a nice, relaxing bath and then bed," Kevin replied and kept an arm around Nick's waist as they walked back to the loading zone where he parked the black Land Rover.

As the couple was walking, Nick was thinking about what to get his parents for their wedding anniversary. Robert and Lisa Carter had been married for twenty-one years and Nick wanted to be like them with Kevin. They made it through the honeymoon phase and had been married for three years now. When they got to the car, Kevin took Nick's bags from him and shooed him to the passenger's seat. Nick smiled and got into the truck. Kevin got in a few minutes later and started the engine. He pulled away from the curb and headed away from the airport. Both men still had that feeling, but they chose to ignore it for a while. Eventually, something was going to happen and they weren't going to like it.