- Text Size +
Later on in the morning, Nick had woken up and noticed that Kevin wasn't lying beside him. He got up from the bed and grabbed his robe from the chair in the corner and walked out of the bedroom. He figured that Kevin was downstairs getting the bottles for Abigail and Evelyn ready so the both of them could feed their daughters. The young man smiled softly as he was walking downstairs. He was content in his life and knew that his family was watching over him, Aaron, and his daughters. When he arrived at the bottom of the stairs, he headed into the kitchen and saw Kevin standing by the microwave. He walked over to the older man and wrapped his arms around from behind. "Morning baby. I'm just about done with the bottles for the girls. I made about twenty in total so we can have them on hand," Kevin replied. Nick nodded and hugged his husband around the waist once more and then removed his arms so he could get started on breakfast.

Nick looked over at the doorway and saw his brother walking into the kitchen. Aaron's blond hair was sticking up in different directions and Nick laughed softly. "Morning Aaron. I hope you slept well," Nick replied and started to fix some eggs and sausage along with some freshly cut fruit. Kevin finished with the bottles and placed them in the refrigerator. He left two out for Abigail and Evelyn since they would be hungry as soon as they woke up. The baby monitor was sitting on top of the refrigerator since Nick had taken to carrying it around the house whenever he was away from the twins' room. About twenty minutes later, two simultaneous cries came from the monitor. Kevin and Nick grinned at each other when they heard their daughters cry, meaning they were hungry. Nick served Aaron his food and said, "Kevin and I will be upstairs feeding the twins. You can come up when you're done with breakfast." Aaron nodded and together the couple walked out of the kitchen.

Kevin and Nick headed upstairs towards the nursery. Nick was letting his mind wander back to the day his parents and sisters found out about his pregnancy. He had returned home for a couple days and he didn't know how to tell them that he was pregnant. He was already three months along when he was going to tell them. Kevin and the others had been excited when Nick told them that he was expecting. The older man had picked him up and spun him around as they kissed. It was an extremely happy day for Nick and Kevin since they were about to become parents for the first time after their third year of marriage.

Flashback
Nick was sitting outside in the Jeep that he rented from the rental car shop. He had returned to Los Angeles to see his family for a while. He was anticipating their reaction to him being pregnant and waiting to tell them. The youngest Backstreet Boy was humming with nervous energy and hoped that they wouldn't be angry. He had called Aaron and told him about his impending uncle-hood. His little brother had been so excited and he started saving up money to send little gifts out to Florida. The expectant father breathed in deeply and exhaled slowly. He got out of the truck and walked towards the front door. Every step that he had taken grew heavier by the minute. When he got to the door, he rang the doorbell and waited for the door to open. When it did, his father was standing in the doorway. "Hey Nick. Come in," Robert replied.

Nick smiled at his father and walked into the house. He missed living in the Los Angeles house where he grew up, but he knew that it had been time for him to move out and live with Kevin since they had been dating at the time. He walked into the living room and saw his mother sitting on the couch while his three sisters were sitting on the floor watching television. "Hey everyone. I have an announcement and it concerns all of you," Nick said and his family turned to look at him. 'Here goes nothing,' he thought to himself. "I had gone to the doctor because I was throwing every single morning. He took some blood and tested it. When he came back, he gave me the results and I should have figured it out myself. I'm pregnant with Kevin's children," he finished explaining.

He wasn't expecting to be tackled by his mother, who had tears streaming down her face. "Oh, my baby is having babies of his own! Nicky, I'm so happy for you. Kevin must've been excited when you told him. I knew that your husband wanted children of his own one day and now he gets to be a father. If you need any help, just call me and I'll be down in Florida in a heartbeat," Lisa Carter told her eldest son. Nick sighed in relief when his sisters also hugged him tightly but softly since he was already showing. His stomach was pushing against the fabric of the shirt he was wearing and his father pulled him into his arms after his mother and sisters released him. He didn't think that his parents and sisters would've died before the twins were born...


End Flashback
"Nick? Baby, are you feeling alright?" Nick snapped out of the flashback he had been pulled into and saw Kevin staring down at him, his green eyes full of concern and worry. "You looked like you were a thousand miles away. Are you sure you're alright?" Kevin asked. The young father smiled and nodded his head as he walked into the nursery. He walked over to Evelyn's crib and picked her up slowly. Kevin knew that Nick was remembering the time he had told his parents and sisters about his pregnancy and were missing them. He walked over to his husband and hugged him as the young man was feeding their oldest daughter. "Nicky, I know you miss your parents and sisters a lot, but they're watching over you. They may not be here physically, but they're in your heart," Kevin replied softly and kissed the smaller man on the lips softly before pulling away to smile down at his husband.

Nick smiled up at Kevin and replied, "Yea, I know. I just keep hearing the airplane hit the North Tower head-on. The scratching of metal against metal is something that I hate hearing whenever I close my eyes at night. I'll be alright soon. Abigail is getting a little fussy. You better feed her before she starts crying." Kevin nodded and walked over to his other daughter's crib. He picked her up cooing at her softly and then pressed the nipple of the bottle to her lips. Abigail happily accepted the nipple and started to drink the formula. He smiled softly and watched their youngest daughter drink her formula.

Nick had just finished feeding Evelyn and grabbed the burping towel so he could burp his daughter. He placed her on his shoulder and started to pat her back softly. He watched Kevin do the same thing to Abigail and smiled when a small but loud burp came from their youngest daughter. Nick finally heard Evelyn let out a burp and wiped her face with the towel. He laughed softly and placed her on the changing table. "Alright Evie. Let's get you changed and into some clothes for your first day out along with your sister. Abby is being changed by your father," Nick replied softly and started to clean the oldest twin off so he could change her diaper and get her dressed. Kevin was working on getting Abigail ready for the day as well.

About thirty minutes later, Kevin and Nick had finished cleaning and dressing their daughters for the day. Leighanne and Kevin's mother had sent them some dresses, shirts, skirts, and shoes for their daughters to wear. The couple looked at each other and smiled softly as they kissed each other softly. Kevin wrapped a strong arm around his younger husband's waist and Nick draped his arms around the older man's neck. “Thank you for loving me and putting up with me after all of the things that we were put through. I love you so much, Kevin Scott Richardson, and I don't want to lose you,” Nick said lovingly as he rested his head on Kevin's shoulder. Kevin smiled down at his husband and kissed him on the forehead before they picked up their daughters to take them out.