- Text Size +
Kevin had arrived at Howie and Alex's house. He pulled into the driveway and turned the engine off. He sat there for a minute collecting himself and brushing away the tears that were falling from his eyes. His husband was in so much pain; he was at a complete lost on how to help Nick get through the pain he was experiencing. Nick was also dealing with his heart condition. He was even taking medication to get him through the day. He pulled his keys from the ignition and got out of the Land Rover. He closed the door and locked the truck before walking to the front door. When he reached the front door, he reached up a hand and knocked on it. He waited for the door to open.

When it did, he was met with a puffy-eyed Alex Dorough. "I-I saw the news, Kevin. All those people on that plane are dead and never coming back. I-It doesn't make any sense that innocent people had to die because of terrorists and their fucked-up minds. T-This isn't right at all, Train. This shouldn't have never happened. Oh god, that noise of the airplane hitting the North Tower was so loud and clear. Nick's family was on that plane. I remembered him telling me that they were flying back to California today. I-I can't believe they're gone. Why is this happening, Kevin?" Alex asked roughly.

Kevin shrugged his shoulders softly and walked through the door. Alex closed the door behind them and followed Kevin into the living room. Kevin saw Howie staring at the screen and saw another plane coming towards the South Tower. The plane went straight through it like a hangar had been carved out of the side for it to land in. "Oh my god!" Kevin exclaimed and turned to look at the couple. Alex were just staring at the screen with wide, horrified eyes. He was holding his one-year-old daughter, Caroline Leanne Dorough, close to his chest. Howie moved closer to his husband and his daughter as he wrapped his arms around them. He held them in a protective embrace, as to shield them from the world of hurt and pain.

Kevin then remembered something and his green eyes went wide with fright and worry. "Oh my god, Daniel! Daniel was on American Airlines flight 175. He was flying back to California to meet up with his wife who's having their second child by Cesarean," Kevin said. Alex and Howie turned to look up at Kevin and they knew that they would have to call Daniel's wife and see how she was coping with everything. Kevin heard his cell phone vibrating against his waist and he pulled it from the clip. He saw that it was Leighanne. "Hello," he replied hoarsely, hearing his husband in the background. He didn't know what to do for the love of his life. It was so painful hearing Nick sob brokenly and his own heart broke at the sounds. He wanted Nick to be happy once again, but knew that it would take time.

On the other side of the phone, Leighanne was still watching her husband trying to comfort a devastated and heartbroken Nick Richardson. "Kevin, I know you saw the second plane hit the tower. Brian told me that one of your crew members was on the plane that hit the South Tower. Nick is in really bad shape, Kev. He's been crying nonstop and shaking like crazy. You, Alex, and Howie need to get back to the house as soon as possible. Nick isn't calming down and Brian doesn't know what to do right now. I even felt his heart palpitating fiercely," Leighanne replied, crying herself. Nick was like family to her since he married Kevin.

Kevin sighed and looked at the Doroughs. He then replied, "I'll be there as soon as I can, Leighanne. Thanks for calling me and letting me know how Nick is still feeling. I'll see you in a little bit. Make Nick take his medication please." Kevin ended the call and clipped the phone back onto his waist. He ran a hand over his weary face and wondered what was going to happen now. "Guys," Kevin murmured. Howie and Alex turned to face Kevin and wondered what he was going to say. "We should get back to the house. Nick isn't himself right now and he needs me back there. We should head out now," he said. Howie and Alex nodded their heads and went to go pack some clothes for their stay at Kevin and Nick's house.

About ten minutes later, they came back downstairs with two overnight bags for the both of them and their daughter was in her car seat sleeping finally. Kevin smiled weakly at the couple and together they walked out of the house. Kevin unlocked the doors for the couple so one of them could ride in the back seat. Howie looked at his husband and saw the sadness in the deep chocolate brown eyes that he loved so much. He also noticed the younger man's hands were shaking violently. "Alex, let me fix the car seat. Get into the truck and put your seat belt on," Howie replied and kissed Alex on the lips softly. Alex nodded his head and walked over to the other side of the truck. He got into the back seat and strapped himself in.

Howie finished securing Caroline in the back and closed the door. Alex made sure to tighten the seat belt a little more and then was satisfied. Howie and Kevin got into the truck and strapped themselves in as well. Kevin turned the engine on and started to back out of the driveway. He stopped at the edge of the driveway and made sure that no one was coming their way. When Kevin didn't see any car, he backed out completely and turned around to drive down the street back to the house. 'Nick, I hope you and Aaron are able to get through this,' Kevin thought to himself as he drove down the streets.

Kevin and Nick's House
Brian and Leighanne had finally gotten Nick to calm down from all the crying that he had done for the last thirty minutes and was even able to get him to take his heart medication since he needed it. Brian looked down into his best friend's bloodshot eyes and replied, "Kevin is on his way home, Frack. Everything will be alright." Nick nodded his head against Brian's shoulder and whimpered softly. Brian knew that the younger man in his arms wasn't going to be himself for a while. Nick tightened his hold on Brian's neck a little tighter and held on as he was picked up.

Brian walked over to the couch and laid Nick down onto the couch. He smiled softly at his best friend and ran his fingers through the blond hair. Nick looked up into Brian's eyes and replied, "I-I'm g-glad that y-you and L-Leighanne are going to be here f-for me and A-Aaron. I-I don't know what I-I'd do without you two." Nick then let his eyes close and he fell into an exhausted sleep.

Brian grabbed the blanket from the back of the chair and placed it over Nick, who was sleeping on the couch finally. Tears still leaked out from the corners of his eyes and he wanted to help his cousin's husband get over the pain of losing his family. Leighanne walked over to her husband and knelt down beside him. She placed a hand on Brian's shoulder and rubbed it softly. Brian turned to look at his wife and smiled lightly. He gripped her hand and squeezed softly. "I'm upset that Nick had to experience this pain, yet I'm glad that you're here. I found out that you and Nick's family were taking the same flight out. I'm happy you're alive, but I'm hurting because my best friend just lost the most important people in his life," Brian said softly.

Leighanne rested her head on Brian's shoulder and replied sadly, "I know what you mean, Brian. I'm glad that I'm here with you, but I'm hurting as well because Nick and Aaron don't have their parents and sisters anymore. It will be hard for them to get adjusted to life again." She reached a hand out and ran her fingers through Nick's hair when she heard him whimpering softly. It was going to be hard on Nick since he was pregnant, his hormones weren't agreeing with him, his heart was weaker than usual, and he was dealing with the loss of his parents and sisters. Nick needed his little brother now and Aaron needed Nick as well.