- Text Size +
It had been a week since Nick had the twins and had to undergo open-heart surgery to repair the child fist-sized hole in his heart. He was currently waiting for Kevin to come and get him from the room. Abigail and Evelyn were with Brian and Leighanne since both Kevin and he named them the godparents to the girls. A knock on the door was heard and Kevin walked through. The older man smiled at his younger husband and replied, "Everything is squared away and you are officially discharged. The fans and everyone else will be glad to hear about your recovery. We're actually scheduled to go back on Regis and Kelly soon. We should take Abby and Evie on the show. Total Request wants us on their show as well, but we won't have to be there."

Nick thought about it for a few minutes and then looked up at his husband. "I want to do both shows, Boo. I think that it's better for us to just get everything out of the way. I'm doing way better than I was just a month ago and the girls are here safe and sound. I know you don't want me to do it, but I'm fine. Matthew said that I needed to take it easy still and take the medication that he prescribed me for my heart. It's just some vitamins and pain relievers. I'm going to feel some residual pain from the scar, but I'll be alright though," Nick explained to Kevin and wrapped his arms around the older man's neck. Kevin wrapped his arms around the once-again slender waist of his younger husband. The couple kissed for a few minutes and then walked out of the room. Kevin grabbed the duffel bag from the wheelchair.

When they got to the lobby, Nick's eyes instantly teared up. Alex, Howie, Brian and Leighanne were surrounded by lots of balloons and flowers. Abigail and Evelyn were sleeping soundly in Alex and Howie's arms while Caroline was sleeping in Leighanne's arms. Kevin looked down at Nick and smiled. "You didn't think we wouldn't give you anything? We love you, baby," Kevin replied softly and leaned down to kiss Nick softly. Nick wrapped his arms around the older man's neck and he pulled out of the kiss. Brian and the others smiled at the love between Kevin and Nick. He remembered when they had gotten together before talking about marriage and such. Howie and Alex placed Abigail and Evelyn into their parents' arms. Alex then retrieved his daughter from Leighanne's arms. The three couples got into their respective vehicles. Nick and Kevin secured their daughters into the car seats firstly. Nick then got into the back of the van.

Kevin got into the driver's seat and closed the door. He secured himself in and turned the engine on. He adjusted the mirror and then looked at his husband. "Baby, are you ready to head back to the house?" Kevin asked. Nick smiled and nodded as he adjusted the blanket around Abigail and then pulled the hat down a little more on Evelyn's head. Kevin nodded and pulled away from the curb. The other two couples followed behind them. As they were riding along, Nick was smiling softly. He was glad that his daughters made it into the world safely. Kevin and he would have both been devastated if they didn't make it. The young father sat back in his seat and closed his eyes.

When Kevin came to a stoplight, he looked over his shoulder and smiled softly. Nick had dozed off and their daughters were sleeping soundly as well. The older man smiled softly and turned to look back at the road. The light turned green and Kevin drove through the intersection. He made sure that the others were still following behind him. The older man felt very grateful for Matthew helping Nick out with everything and getting him back on his feet after the surgery. Nick was going to be in for a surprise when he got back to their New York house.

An hour later, Kevin and the others pulled into the driveway of the house. He parked the car and turned the engine off before getting out of the van. The older man walked over to the back door and slid it open. He reached in and shook Nick awake. "Baby, we're here at the house. Let's get the girls inside," Kevin replied and smiled when sleep-filled blue eyes opened slowly. Nick smiled tiredly and unbuckled the girls first before removing his seat belt. When the girls were freed from their car seat belts, Nick got out and grabbed Abigail while Kevin grabbed Evelyn. The others pulled into the driveway beside the van and got out. Kevin grinned at his cousin and knew that Nick would be surprised at what was awaiting him inside the house.

The couple walked to the door as Brian was standing before them. "Nick, I'm glad that you're home and my goddaughters are here safely as well. Welcome home," Brian said and opened the door. Nick looked at his best friend skeptically and wondered what was happening. He walked through the door and headed towards the living room. Tears started falling from Nick's blue eyes as he took in the appearance of the room. Presents, flowers, and everything else was sitting around the living room. He turned to look at his second family and was grateful for having them around.

Kevin approached his smaller husband and smiled softly at him. "Some of the fans sent you get-well presents after you collapsed at the benefit concert. They even wrote letters and had them sent to Johnny. They're over on the desk whenever you want to read them. All of us were surprised when Johnny had called us and told us about the get-well presents you received. A moving truck is going to transport everything back to Florida and we'll set it up in the den," Kevin explained to Nick and leaned down to kiss the smaller man on the lips softly. Nick was forever grateful for having a second family that was watching out for him and his little brother.