- Text Size +
It had been almost two weeks since her day out with Simone and she still seemed to not get over that night of alcohol. She only seemed to feel worse, starting to get dizzy spells and she was starting to feel very fatigued. She yawned as she worked through some files on a deportation case when she heard the knock from her boss. “Hell sir please come in,” she said standing up to shake his hand.

“Mrs. McLean I am here because I have good news for you,” Mr. Henderson said. “I got the ok for your transfer, so if you’re still interested you can move to New York in two months tops.”

Trish felt her heart stop when she heard the news. That was what she wanted but yet she still felt horrible about it. “Wow that sounds great,” she said still very perplexed.

“I am very contempt with your work Mrs. McLean I don’t want to loose you. But if this is what you want I am more than happy to help you. I know you just came back from your vacation but why don’t you take another few weeks off and really think about this. You will have to get trained over there with certain laws that here in California do not apply and well it is a dramatic change for you too… its much colder over there.”

Trish smiled at him and realized that her boss was very hesitant in letting her go. “I do have a lot to consider Mr. Henderson, I suppose your right and I should think it through. I will do that but it’s not necessary for me to be off sir…I do have a lot of appeals to go through.”

“You do what best suits you Trish just please really think about it. But like I said the Department in New York does have an opening for you if decide that is what is best for you.”

*******

“I really think you should go see a doctor Alex,” Denise said as she watched her son take a seat on a kitchen stool. “Maybe they are side affects to your accident and maybe severe.”

“Mom it’s just a stomach virus… it will go away. I just hate throwing up.” Alex said as he downed a bottle of water.

“Well it’s been a long virus since you got out of the hospital,” she said still concerned.

“I’ll be fine,” Alex said giving her a smile. “Now how about making your favorite son some food? I am starving,” he said laughing at his mother’s expression.

“You were just throwing up a few minutes ago and now you’re starving?”

Alex shrugged and smiled, “Do you know if Trish is coming tonight?”

“It hasn’t failed once since she returned to work,” she eyed him suspiciously. “You know she seems to like coming here and spending the night out there in the beach with your company.”

“I do too I missed listening to her read and explain to me whatever she was reading. I am actually now very into the “Twilight” series.”

“Sweetie have you talked about your true feelings because you can’t fool anyone you two still love each other.”

Alex sighed and then spoke, “I love her I do but mom in this exact moment I can’t tell her that she doesn’t want me like that. She is still trying to forgive me for my stupidity. But I do have to say that this friendship we are creating now is pretty strong and I know she feels it too.”

“You do know and realize that maybe she will never be more than your friend anymore. Also keep in mind that you still have a set court date for your divorce and the custody of your dogs.”

********

“So now she is falling for Jacob?” Alex asked as he interrupted Trish from her reading. “Is she going to give him a chance?”

Trish laughed, “I can’t tell you. Just let me read…” She said as she went back to reading only to be cut off again.

“Well I still can’t believe Edward left her in the first place… he only left in danger with that other vampire chick Victoria. Besides I don’t really believe he stopped loving her…” he said a little frustrated with the reading today.

“Ok how about we cut the reading short today since you want to tell me your own ending of this book.” Trish said shutting New Moon and putting aside on the sand. “So when will your cast come off?”

“Next week I have the appointment,” he said sighing… “Sorry for my interruptions and I do want to know what happens to Bella just not tonight. I feel so exhausted,” he yawned laid back into the still warm sand.

“Me too,” Trish said as she lay back too not caring about getting her white shirt dirty. “So I got accepted in New York in the same department and everything.” She said not really wanting to tell him but yet feeling like she should.

Alex opened his eyes as he heard her, “Wow… that’s good I guess.”

“You guess?” she asked him turning to face him.

“What? I just don’t think you’ll fit in New York that’s all. For one if I recall well you hate cold weather especially when it involves rain and possible ice.”

“Ok but it’s only during winter and then it’s a decent hot weather in New York.” She retorted.

“Ok then I am sorry for giving you my opinion then, you asked me I simple answered.” He said he struggled to sit back up successfully doing so, but not without a sharp pain on his ribcage that was almost fully recovered per say.

Trish sat back up feeling guilty he was right; she hated to admit that he was right. He was only giving his opinion and it was true she did hate cold weather. She smiled slightly as she realized that Alex was changing and she didn’t know if it was because of his near death experience or not. He was truly being the friend she wanted him to be, laughed a little louder as she leaned in towards Alex. “I’m sorry I am over reacting.”

Alex sighed as he felt his wife’s hands on his back and her chin resting on his shoulder. “What’s so funny?” he asked trying to ignore the urge to kiss her.”

Trish stopped laughing and sighed… “You’re not going to believe me but lately I have been in some emotional rollercoaster and I don’t know what to make of it.” She looked at him his vain on his neck was definitely stick out he was tensed and she could also feel it. “I,” she whispered, “I don’t understand myself Alex… this moment right here makes me realize just how much I cared for you.”

Alex sighed and spoke, “And you don’t feel like that anymore?” he asked slowly shifting to face her making her face him.

Trish cleared her throat and looked away into the ocean. “I don’t know anymore I’m confused,” she turned back to face him. Right at this moment she wanted to kiss him and be with him badly her body was screaming for her to kissing him and touch him.

“I love you Trish and if you just give me sign that you’ll take me back I will be by your side in an instant. I know I’ve been a stupid man for not realizing what I had in my hands and you don’t know how much I torment myself for that.” he was going to continue his speech but instead his lips got busy as Trish’s lips met his. The kiss was full of passion and desperation. He kissed her back forgetting any pain this position was causing him.

Trish moaned as she felt Alex’s lips on her neck and his hand working on unbuttoning her shirt. She finally opened her eyes and controlled herself. She could do this and she abruptly stood up putting space between them. “I have to go… sorry for this.” she said as she began to walk toward the house. She didn’t go far when a dizzy spell got her and last thing she remembered was falling into the sand….

“Trish!” Alex said as he struggled to get up and go to where she lay motionless in the sand.
Chapter End Notes:
ok so here is the next chapter.. hope you all like sorry for a very long wait but i had computer issues... please let me know what you think.