- Text Size +
“Coming,” Trish said as she walked to the door. She was ordered to take a few days off from work after her incident. She hadn’t even gone to see Alex especially knowing that she was trying to hide something from him.

She still had that guilt bite at her every time she came to realization that she had a new life growing inside her. A baby that she would’ve have loved to have with Alex hadn’t they decided to split. Well had she not decided to split?

“Hey,” Alex said handing her a vase of flowers. “How are you feeling” he asked as he made his way in.

“I’m better it was just a little exhaustion,” she told him as she went to his side to help have a seat.

“I can actually do this all on my own now, but thanks.” Alex said as he took a seat on the love seat. “I had to come see you for some reason… I felt like I needed to come see you.”

Trish blushed as she saw the way he was staring at her, “Well I have to admit I’ve missed our reading…” she told him as she took a seat on the other couch.

“Trish,” Alex said as he removed his sunglasses.

“Yeah?” she answered still not wanting to stare at him.

“I have tried really hard to pretend that I am ok with you leaving me, but the truth is I hate it. I love you Trish with all my heart and you finally doing all this has made me realize that I am nothing without you. I have tried to make you jealous and I really did try to move one but I can’t its like I need you. There is pull toward you my heart can’t seem to deny… Please don’t leave to New York. I honestly think I will loose my will to live without you even if we continue to be whatever we are now.” Alex finally breathed after his speech only to look at his wife.

Trish didn’t know if it was her imagination or had she really felt her little baby move already? She didn’t know but suddenly she was feeling very attracted her husband… technically he still was her husband. “Awe Alex,” she said going to sit beside him.

“I can’t deny that right at this moment I really want you so bad and that you a mighty good looking thirty something guy. But you have to see from-”she suddenly couldn’t speak Alex’s lips were on hers with urgency asking for permission which she could not deny at that exact moment.

Alex didn’t understand why he was feeling like he was but at that moment he just didn’t care. All he knew was that Trish was straddling him and his shirt was coming off. Maybe it was a bad idea because he did not well what she really was going to do. “I love you,” he whispered to her as he began to remove her top as well…

*********

“I’m sorry for…” Trish laughed when she felt Alex’s finger on her mouth. “We- I mean I didn’t hurt you did I? I mean I know you’re still injured and I don’t what got to me,” she finished after he had removed his finger.

“I’m fine,” Alex said facing her with a very sincerely smile. “I think that we just defiled Chelsea’s love seat…”

“What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her…” Trish said as she leaned on him he was shirtless and she couldn’t keep herself from touching him.

“You ok?” He asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Mhmm…” she laughed when her stomach made it clear she was hungry.

“Someone’s hungry…” Alex said laughing along.

“Yeah do you want a sandwich? I’ll go make some…” she told him standing up and making sure to have all her clothes back on properly.

“Uh, no thanks I’ve been having issues with my stomach lately. I get nauseas at almost everything and this horrible morning sickness like if had been partying the night before and was hung over.”

“Really?” she asked curiosity getting the best of her. Was Alex the one getting the pregnancy effects? She made a mental note to ask her doctor.

“I’ll accompany you to the kitchen though,” he said as he struggled to get up and grabbing his shirt from the coffee table. Only to have it snatched away, “what was that for?” he asked looking at her curiously.

“I prefer you like that,” she told him blushing. What was she doing was this a sign of reconciliation from her part? Was she resigning on going back to him because she now was caring his child? So many questions and doubts, but one she knew was that she couldn’t deny she had feelings for him.

Alex smiled at her comment and then they walked to the kitchen where he watched her go on about making her sandwich. “You seem to get better with age, you are gorgeous but then again you’ve always have been.”

“Alex?” Trish said as she felt the guilt crawl right back up and remind her that she was not being completely honest with him.

“Huh?” Alex said as he wiped some mayo from her lip.

“Thanks,” she told him and then looked him right in the eyes. “Did you ever think about having children with me when we were together?”

“Wow nice way to get my attention,” Alex said caught by surprise. “When I asked you to marry me Trish I saw myself having a family like yours. All the kids gathered at our home for Christmas and thanksgiving. I wanted that for us… I just don’t know when it all came unclear to me… I hate myself for that. I hate myself for being afraid of being happy with you… you have to understand I never had a normal childhood not that I regret my childhood. My mother is someone very important to me… but any who the answer to your question is yes I want to have children with you I still have hopes that you will take me back.” He finished as he leaned in taking her hand and kissing it.

By then Trish was trying not to cry… why was she crying. She loved this man and it was apparent he did too… “Alex…” she said in a whisper as she looked up to him. Tears coming down her face, “when I married you… that was my dream too.”

Alex wiped her tears, “then lets give us a try… baby I love you and now with my new job I can be there more for you and maybe you could quit. We can try to start having babies… I will do my best to be the husband you wanted.”

“Alex…” she said smiling a little. “I’m pregnant…”
Chapter End Notes:
a little short but it needed to be said... please let me know what you think...