- Text Size +
“You’re what?” Alex asked as he heard Trish. Suddenly his stomach didn’t feel so well and he felt a little dizzy. He had to hold himself on the kitchen counter. “You’re pregnant? How long?” he finally asked.

“Yes very pregnant and that’s why I fainted and why I believe you’re having all those symptoms.” She said going to his side when she saw him stumble.

“You’re having my baby?” he said more to himself.

“Yes,” Trish said in a whisper. “You’re the first to know not even Howie knows. Well only Chelsea.”

Alex looked at her and hugged her taking her by surprise when his mouth crashed on hers. “I love you and I want to be with you and now our baby. Trish we need to work this out…” he said after kissing her.

“Ok,” Trish said leaning up to kiss him.

After the kiss Alex just smiled as he in instinct put his hand on her stomach… “I want a boy…”

“Yeah? I think a girl will be nice too… whatever god blesses us with is fine.” She told him.

“Let’s go home,” he told her taking her lips again. “I can have Nick help take your stuff to the house later…”

“I’d like that… and we still have to tell everyone else you know.”

*********

“Mom?” Alex yelled as Trish and he walked in. “I guess she’s out with the dogs.”

“Its ok,” she told him as she helped him settle on a couch. Only to have him pull her beside him.

“I think we should tell mom first and go from there…” he said as he caressed her hand.

“We are going to be the laughing stock, I know my family will be laughing at this.:” she said knowing well that her accepting to give Alex another chance was what all her family knew she would do. “Alex…” she said seriously looking at him.

Alex stared at her and then he sighed, “Yes babe?”

“I am putting my heart back in your hands… please don’t hurt it anymore. I don’t think it could handle more stabs from you…” she told him. “I love you Alex and I am going to give this a hundred percent and hope you do to.”

“I am I promise…I am going to be here for you. I am not letting you go this time.” he told her as he took her lips.

“Oh I’m sorry,” Denise said with a grin on her lips as she tried to turn and leave with the dogs.

Trish cleared her throat and blushed, “No, we’re sorry.”

“I’m not,” Alex said grinning and then finally laughing. “Mom don’t go please we need to talk to you.”

“Ok…” Denise said taking a seat on the love seat.

“Trish is moving back in, we’re going to give us another try.” Alex said elated. He turned to look at Trish. “Do you want to tell her or do you want me to tell her the other part?”

“What other part?” Denise asked curiously.

“You go ahead,” Trish said shyly but still smiling.

“Mom you’re going to be a grandma,” Alex said not being able to hold anymore.

********

“You look fine babe relax, you and I both know that everyone has been waiting for this to happen.” Alex said as Trish parked his rental in her parent’s driveway.

“Look Howie is here,” Trish said nervously.

“Well even better,” he turned to smile at her. “I bet your mother called him and told him we both were coming here to talk,” he leaned in and kissed. “I going to be doing that to you more often now,” he said kissing her again.

She smiled at him and spoke, “good I’ve always liked you kisses.” She sighed and turned off the ignition. “I nervous not because of the decision I made but because they’ll make fun of me...”

“If you don’t want to do this now you don’t have to we can wait…” Alex said looking toward the door.

“No we have to do this now… I want everything to be back to normal per say…” she smiled at him. “Let’s go,” she told him as she got off and went around helping her husband who still had to walk with crutches.

She looked nervously as they waited for the door to open. “we can still run,” Alex whispered to her ear.