- Text Size +
“You nice,” Trish said as she stretched on the bed.

Alex smiled as he bent down to kiss his wife, “I wish I could be in bed with you all nice and warm,” he said as he rubbed her belly. “Is it bad to want to have my cast back on so I wouldn’t have to go to work?”

Trish laughed, “I am sure you really wouldn’t… there is many things you can do when you don’t have a cast in the way.” She winked at him.

“True,” Alex said straddling her but not putting his weight on her. “I’ll be back later. If you want I’ll have Nick take mom to the airport so you don’t have to.”

“No I’ll take her and that way I will have a chance to see you.” She told him pulling on his neck to kiss his lips. She moaned as she felt Alex’s hand slip under her night shirt.

Alex was really getting to this morning make out session but when he glanced at the clock he grunted, “As much as I would like to continue this… I really have to go. But later we will finish this.” He said pulling away sighing.

Trish pouted, “Awe…” she sat up and watched her husband put on his shoes. “I’ll make dinner today…”

He looked up and smiled at her, “That sounds nice but you don’t have to… I understand that right now your in a hormonal attack.” He said grabbing his wallet and keys. “By the way we need to go car shopping… I don’t think I can borrow Nick’s car forever.”

“Car shopping? How about Saturday? Or you could’ve kept the rental longer.”

“Maybe,” he said as he kissed her one last time.

“Or you could always borrow my car,” she smiled as he made the face.

“I’ll pass,” he said laughing lightly, “I would look like a total fruit cake.”

“I think you would look very sexy…” she laughed when he rolled his eyes.

“Later babe and baby…” he said rubbing her belly and bending down to kiss it.


************

“I will be back a couple of weeks before your due,” Denise told Trish as they drove to the airport several hours later.

“I would love for you to be here Denise but like I told you don’t feel obligated. It appears I have lost against everyone about recording my baby’s birth. So I am sure you will get a copy of the video.” She told her mother in law.

“Are you kidding me? This is my first grandchild I am not missing this for the world.” Denise laughed and then sighed, “Thank you.”

Trish looked at her curiously, “for what?” she asked finally.

Denise smiled and patted her shoulder, “For giving my son another chance, I know and god knows I know how Alex is. But I honestly think he’s done… he does love you he just needed a reality check.”

Trish smiled, “Denise Alex is my everything and as painful as all this situation has been, it was nothing compared to the pain I felt… to be honest I had given up on him till this little miracle,” she said rubbing her belly. “It made realized that I could continue to fool myself about Alex or I could try to work it out.”

“That’s why I thank you for… for following your heart.”

“I know we have a lot to work out and we will. I guess we have to fight to be happy but I think it will be worth the fight don’t you think?”

“Yes,” Denise said, “When is your appointment to find out the sex of the baby?”

“Next week,” Trish said smiling wider, “I don’t think I want to know I want it to be a surprise.” She bit her lip.

“A surprise?” Denise said digesting in the news. “Could I call the doctor and me find out what your having?”

Trish laughed, “I’m not decided yet, Alex and I still need to discuss thoroughly. I will call you and give my doctor’s number if we both decide to not find out the sex of our baby till birth.”

“I’d like that,” Denise said smiling.

*******

“I really am happy for you Alex,” Gloria said as they did there rounds in the airport.

“I am happy too, I am excited to be a dad.” He exhaled a deep breath.

“Well I really am glad you two worked things out. Trish is very pretty,” she told him as they walked back to the office.

“Yo Alex” Nick said walking toward him.

“Nick,” Alex said shaking his hand, “What are you doing here?”

“I knew your mom was leaving today so I wanted to have a chance to say good bye.” Nick said smiling at Alex’s co-worker.

“She’s on her way she should be here soon Trish is bringing her over here. Nick remember Gloria she went to see me at the hospital when I was there.”

“Nice to see you again,” Nick said putting his best smile.

Alex couldn’t help the smile that crept on his face as he saw the way they both look at each other. “I uh, I am going to be right back…” he said leaving the two alone.

*********

“I’ll see at home,” Alex told his wife kissing her one more time. His mother had just left LAX and was heading back to Orlando. “You’ll be ok?”

“Yes I’ll be fine Howie is supposed to meet me there.” Trish said still embraced with her husband. “So what’s up with Nick all talkative with your co-worker?” she asked in a whisper.

“I’ll tell you later,” he told her in the ear with a grin on his face.

“Ok,” she kissed him one more time. “Later…”

*********

“Stop laughing at me!” Trish told her brother as she threw him a pretzel.

“Seriously its so weird for me to see you eating seafood,” Howie said looking at his sister eat shrimp cocktail with pretzels. “You’re so pregnant,” he said laughing at her.

“Definitely because you know I hate seafood with all my heart yet right I am enjoying this.” She told him taking another bite. “Thank you for being a good brother and bringing me this though.”

“Well I don’t want my niece or nephew coming out looking like shrimp!” he said taking a shrimp from away from her mouth and eating it.

“Hey! That’s mine.”

“Ok no more jeez you stingy pregnant. So question?” he finally said as he sat beside her.

“I may have an answer,” she told him as she took another spoonful of her shrimp cocktail.

Howie laughed, “I hate to bring this up but Tony called me and well I told him I would talk to you. He wants to know if you’re proceeding with the divorce.”

Trish cleared her throat, “Of course not I am going to give my marriage another try.”

“Well then you have a call or visit to make to Tony. As much as I would like to accompany you I think you should go with Alex. Oh and for the record I like the choice you’ve made. To think your rendezvous with Alex the next day after you left him would produce such joyful reunion between you. I think this baby is a sign to tell you that you and Alex have to be together.”

She threw him another pretzel, “Shut up! At least even when I was “alone” I still got laid…” she blushed and then she eyed him curiously. “How about we turn the wheels and put the lime light on you, I haven’t met a girlfriend from you in what three years? Come on let me hook you up with someone just one date? Please?”

Howie shook his head, “nope… I am fine I go out have my fun and don’t have strings attached.”

“You don’t feel lonely?” Trish asked.

Howie looked away clearing his throat, “When did this conversation turn about me?” he asked snatching a pretzel from her bag.

“Well now that I am happy again its time to find you someone. Just one date please and if you don’t like it… I won’t ever budge in your life again.”

“No,” Howie said sighing with resignation when he saw his sister’s pleading eyes. “Fine one date and I want someone smart that I can keep a conversation with!” he said pointing his finger at her.

“Yay!” Trish jumped excited and hugged her brother. “Your going to fall in love with who I hook you up with you’ll see!” she kissed his forehead.

“I can’t believe I actually agreed,” Howie said smiling.

“Agreed to what?” Alex said walking into the kitchen.

“Baby,” Trish said going up to him and embraced him in a hug. “Howie agreed to accept me to set him on a date with whoever I choose,” she grinned.

“Nice,” Alex said eying his brother in law.

“I had no choice she gave me the eyes.” Howard said making a disgusted face when Alex began to eat what Trish was eating. “How can you eat that pretzels, shrimp and guacamole?”

“I don’t know man,” Alex said with a mouth full… “I have what did the doctor call it babe?” he asked his wife.

“Couvade syndrome,” Trish said laughing.

“Cou- what?” Howie asked again.

“He feels and craves some of the things I crave. But, he actually was the first to start having symptoms before me right babe?” Trish said as she explained it to her brother.

“Crazy I know,” Alex said when he saw the look on Howie.

“Yeah,” Howie said clearing his throat, “Well you’re here I have to go and get ready for work.”

*******

“I can’t believe I can’t get anything to fit me right!” Trish said as she ended up wearing an elastic waist skirt. “I am not even showing a lot yet… I have to go shopping soon.”

“Yeah I think we do,” Alex said smiling at her. “Don’t worry babe its normal, now come on we have to make sure we catch Tony in the office still. He told he would wait for you so lets not make him wait.”

“Ok,” Trish said as she took a descent shirt and put it on. “I hope he doesn’t get offended I will still pay him something for his effort.”

“I don’t think he will.” Alex said kissing her.
Chapter End Notes:
ok... a little drama coming soon. Please review...:)