- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well, guess who is on a roll with this one! Believe it or not, I just finished writing this story an hour ago! It's finished! I can update it as often or as slow as I like now & it's okay, because it's finished! *does happy dance* Hope y'all like this one! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lena, Matherson’s, Timbers Construction, & story idea. Everyone else owns themselves & ABC owns Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Thank-you!

                   

It was day four and everyone was busy working. Little did they know that though miles away, Ty had a little surprise planned for his little team leader. They only became aware of that fact, when he called up Paul to warn him beforehand.                    

“Hey Paulie,” Ty greeted, once Paul had answered his phone. “Look, I don’t have much time to talk, but I thought it might be best if I called to let you know there’s going to be some special guests showing up at the site today.”                    

“What’d you plan now?” Paul asked curiously. “It’s not what I think it is, is it?”                    

“Let’s just say, you better warn everyone that Lena’s going to be screaming and freaking out like never before,” Ty chuckled. “I mostly arranged this for the family, but it’s also slightly to let my little team leader know I think she’s doing a great job so far. Speaking of which, Paulie please put a little trust in her corner.”                    

“Ty, you haven’t seen her plans,” Paul argued slightly. “Hers are even more over the top than yours – and that right there is saying something.”                    

“Have a little faith, alright?” Ty pleaded somewhat. “I’ve enough faith to entrust her as team leader, the least you can do is have a little faith that she’ll manage to get things done on time.”                    

“I’ll try,” Paul promised. “I better let you go now, so I can warn everyone.”                    

“Thanks Paulie!” Ty said. “And, have someone video tape it for me, alright? I want to see how everything plays out.”                    

“Will do!” Paul guaranteed, then hung up his cell.                     

Once he’d hung up, he began to secretly go around and let everyone know that Lena would be freaking out soon, and why. He even called up Ed and John to let them know as well, since they all knew just how much this moment would mean to their little team leader.                    

Luckily, Lena was absolutely clueless, as she’d holed herself back up in her tent once more, after having had checked in with everyone and done some camera time. She wasn’t aware anything was going on, until Michael came to tell her that some special guests had arrived.                    

“Special guests?” Lena repeated. “Ty never mentioned anything about that. I’m team leader, so why am I just finding out about this now?”                    

Michael shrugged. “Your guess is as good as mine. But, come on, they’re about to get off the bus.”                    

Lena sighed heavily, not even thinking about whom it could be – just how annoyed she was to be pulled away from her projects. “Oh, alright.”                    

She followed Michael out, a slight frown upon her face. Anyone who knew her could tell she felt slightly put off by not knowing what was going on. She watched as the bus came to a stop and the doors opened up, so their special guests could get off.                     

Everyone watched as Lena’s expression went from one of annoyance to one of pure shock and delight. She was so busy going through emotions, she didn’t even realize that everyone on site had actually stopped working just to witness this moment.                      

Lena stared in shock as four guys climbed off the bus – the four guys she’d constantly begged Ty to let her meet – the Backstreet Boys!                     

“Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!” Lena repeated over and over, as the Boys stood in front of the bus smiling at her. “Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!”                    

She began to scream shrilly, while jumping around in excited circles.                     

“We were told we’re supposed to be meeting the team leader here,” Brian Littrell spoke up, as he glanced around at everyone. “Ty said to ask for someone named, Lena.”                    

The Boys all smirked, as Ty had told them full well, which one Lena would be.                    

BRIAN!” Lena shrieked, making a mad dash towards him after he’d spoken her name.                    

Brian laughed, as he caught the excited young girl in his arms. He was rather used to this reaction, though it didn’t happen quite as often as it used to. Well, it all sort of depended on what country they were in really. Some fans were a little more excitable than others.                     

“Group hug!” Nick Carter shouted, tackling Brian and Lena.                    

A.J. McLean and Howie Dorough shrugged, and joined the group hug, laughing as they could still hear Lena freaking out pretty bad.                    

“Oh my God! We’ve got to tell the family!” Lena exclaimed excitedly. “Can we go live? Is there anyway we can reach them in real time? Oh my God!”                    

“Relax,” the producer spoke up. “We can reach them via satellite. We’ve already got everything all set up.”                    

Lena squealed, as she began to jump again, though never once letting go of Brian or Nick. “They’re going to be so excited!”                    

“Right this way,” the producer said, leading the way to where they’d the camera set up. “The family knows something’s happened, but have no idea as to what.”                    

Lena followed behind the producer, babbling endlessly to her all-time favourite music group ever. She was rather quite the chatterbox when excited, and right now she was way beyond ecstatic.                     

Once they reached the camera that would connect them to the Matherson family, Lena managed to pry herself away from Brian and Nick to step on screen.                    

“Heeey Matherson family!” She squealed, a huge grin plastered on her face. “You’ll never in a gazillion years guess who just showed up at the site! Oh my God! I still can’t believe it and I’m right here living it! Just – oh my God!”                    

The Matherson’s all eyed her in confusion, wondering just what exactly had her so excited.                     

“Mommy, why’s she so excited?” Rachel asked her mother, as they watched Lena continue to freak out for a few more minutes.                    

  “I don’t know, Hunny. But it must be something pretty big she has to tell us,” Lauren replied. “I’m sure she’ll tell us in a moment.”                    

“Lena, what is it?!?!” Carla demanded, curiosity killing her.                     

“Yeah, tell us Lena!” Becca and Joanna agreed. “We wanna know!”                    

“Oh my God! You guys are going to freak out!” Lena told them. “I just – wow! This is so amazing!”                    

“Lena! Tell them already, love!” Ed could be heard laughing in the background.                    

“Just – look!” Lena shrieked, pointing off to her right, as the camera turned that way.                     

The five girls began screaming hysterically soon as the camera landed upon the Backstreet Boys. They couldn’t believe their eyes! The Backstreet Boys were standing on their front lawn!                    

“I said you’d freak out!” Lena chirped, suddenly appearing back on screen. “Seems Ty’s got tricks up his sleeve, even though he’s not here this week. Just – dude!”                    

They watched as Lena waved her arms in the direction of the Backstreet Boys frantically, laughing some.                    

“Can you believe it? They’re standing on your front lawn! The Backstreet Boys are in front of your house! Dude, I wish they’d come to mine!” Lena exclaimed, then leaned in like she was whispering to the girls on camera. “Though, I think if they came to our house, I’d never let them leave! Ty would have four extra permanent houseguests  – haha! “                    

The Matherson’s all laughed at her, especially since they could see the Boys making faces at the camera as they stood behind her.                    

Lena turned to face the Boys then, still grinning like crazy. “Um…y’all can talk to ‘em if you’d like. I’m gonna go over there,” she pointed to her left. “And finish freaking out quietly. Well, as quiet as I can be. Hehe.”                    

The Backstreet Boys and Matherson’s laughed, knowing they were probably still going to be able to hear her.                     

“How y’all doing?” Brian questioned the family that was currently live on screen for them to see. “Having fun in California?”                    

“We’re having a good time,” Lauren answered for her daughters, who suddenly seemed unable to speak. “You boys should come to our place more often – I’ve never heard them so quiet before.”                    

Brian laughed, as did the others. “Well, I think we might be here for a little while to help out. I’m not sure what our schedule says at the moment though.”                    

“So who has a favourite Backstreet Boy?” Nick smirked, curious to hear their answers. “Curious minds would like to know.”                    

“Brian!” Joanna chirped eagerly. “Just like Lena.”                    

“Howie,” Carla admitted.                     

“Nick!” Rachel grinned. “He’s sooo hot!”                    

“Rachel!” Krystal exclaimed, as their mother laughed. “Um…I like Brian.”                    

“I’ve always liked Kevin,” Lauren shrugged. “Even though he’s not with y’all anymore, he’s still my favourite.”                    

Becca just stood staring at the screen, her mouth still slightly agape in shock.                     

Her sisters all giggled, as they looked at her. They were quite surprised too, but had still managed to talk – it was funny that the family’s chatterbox was now absolutely speechless.                    

“Becca likes A.J.,” Carla said finally, still giggling a little bit. “I think we should keep him; she’s never this quiet!”                    

Becca blushed crimson then, turning and running off screen.                    

“Carla!” Lauren admonished.                     

“What? It’s true,” Carla replied. “And you basically said the same thing!”                    

Lauren shook her head, rolling her eyes slightly. She looked back at the Boys via live video. “Don’t worry, she’ll be fine.”                    

“If you don’t mind, we’d like to sing something for you guys,” Howie stated, laughing as Lena’s excited squeals could be heard in the background then. “Is there any particular song you’d like to hear?”                    

“Daddy’s favourite one!” Rachel exclaimed. “I Wanna It That Way!”                    

The four Boys chuckled at her title, unable to be anything but amused by it.                    

“Sure thing, Sweetheart,” A.J. smiled. “Anything for a little doll face like you.”                    

Rachel beamed at that, as she stood tall and proud.                     

The Boys rehearsed briefly, getting their vocals right, then began to sing the song that had been requested. 

You are, my fire
The one, desire

Believe when I say

I want it that way
                    

Lena could be heard squealing yet again, while Krystal and Joanna tried to contain themselves a little better. 

But we are two worlds apart
Can’t reach to your heart

When you say

That I want it that way
                    

“My Nicky’s singin’!” Rachel cheered. “That my Nicky!” 

Tell me why
Ain’t nothin’ but a heartache

Tell me why

Ain’t nothin’ but a mistake

Tell me why

I never wanna hear you say

I want it that way
                    

The girls and Lauren sang along a little bit, though they were all a bit misty-eyed as they thought of how George used to always sing along with the chorus. He knew better than to sing with any of the Boys individually, or else his daughters and wife would eyeball him like he was crazy. 

Am I, your fire?
Your one, desire

Yes, I know

That it’s too late

But I want it that way
                    

Becca could be seen sneaking back onto the camera, as A.J. sang his part. She might’ve been a little embarrassed and feeling shy, but there was no way she’d miss him singing his part!  

Tell me why
Ain’t nothin’ but a heartache

Tell me why

Ain’t nothin’ but a mistake

Tell me why

I never wanna hear you say

I want it that way
                                      

Krystal wiped the tears from her eyes, as she thought of her father and how much she missed him singing along to this song. 

Lauren wiped her eyes as well, as she half-laughed, thinking of all the times her husband had mixed the Boys up, only for the girls to correct him.

Joanna clung to Carla, as she thought of how they were supposed to see the Boys, but never got to do so because of whoever had started that stupid fire. She felt a little angry that their special night had been stolen from them, because someone decided to be stupid.

Now I can see that we’ve fallen apart
From the way that it used to be
Yeah
No matter the distance
I want you to know
That deep down inside of me
         

You are my fire
The one, desire
You are, you are, you are, you are, you are…

Carla grinned as Howie sang not only Kevin’s part, but his as well. The only good thing about Kevin not being there anymore, was that her Howard got to sing a little more than before. Though, she did miss Kevin being in the group.

Rachel began to dance as she kept singing along, feeling quite happy to do so. She loved to sing and dance along to the Backstreet Boys more than anything!

Soon the song was finished, and the Boys wrapped up their conversation with the Matherson’s. Once that was done, Lena eagerly grabbed onto Brian and Nick once more.

“Right this way Boys!” She told them. “It’s my room you’re gonna wanna be helping with.”

“Lena, you have to share them, love,” Ed chuckled. “Let them help out where they’d like to help out.”

“Fine,” Lena sighed dramatically. “Go wherever you’d like, Howie, A.J. I’ll grab you later, promise.”

“Oh, I can feel the love,” A.J. laughed. “C’mon D. Let’s go check out the house, then meet up with them.”

“Works for me,” Howie shrugged. “Catch you later, Lena.”

Lena smirked over at Ed. “There, I’m sharing. Happy now?”

Ed laughed some more. “Good enough, love. Good enough.”

Lena flashed him a broad grin, then continued to lead Brian and Nick to where her tent was set up

“You’re going to love my room!” She enthused. “It’s got your names all over it. Well, more like your faces – haha.”

Brian and Nick shook their heads; both wearing amused grins upon their faces. Ty had warned them she’d be clingy and extremely talkative – and so far, she was proving him right.