Faithfully by JennayHeartsNick
Summary:

Coming together after a long time apart...at last. 

 

 

My answer to the March Challenge - What's The Score


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 581 Read: 2087 Published: 03/06/12 Updated: 03/06/12

1. Chapter 1 by JennayHeartsNick

Chapter 1 by JennayHeartsNick
Author's Notes:

The table was set. Dinner was warming in the oven. The lights were turned down low and there was soft music coming from the iPod dock in the kitchen. Only one thing was missing, and they would be walking through the door any moment now. It had been 4 long months since they had seen each other, the longest stint apart since they had started dating 3 ½ years ago. Even with long tours, they still managed to see each other before this amount of time passed, but their schedules this time just didn’t allow it. It had been rough on both of them, but tonight, tonight was a night they’ve been wishing for, for a long time. Their anniversary of four years was coming up soon, hence their coming back together now. Work had been scheduled around the date so that they could spend the time together. A short Hawaiian vacation was planned to celebrate the longest (and best) relationship either one had ever been in. Even after all this time, they still loved each other unconditionally. Now, it was time to get upstairs and change into the carefully chosen outfit before the door came flying open.

Fifteen minutes later, the door knob started to giggle and then the door about flew off the hinges from the shear force of being kicked open. Trudging in, the suitcases were promptly dropped in the foyer. Looking around for their beloved, eyes scanned the room and settled on the beautifully set table with candles flickering as the centerpiece.

"NICK!" Lauren yelled out. "I’m home! Where are you?!"She began to look around for him and soon came upon a trail of rose petals up the staircase. A huge smile spread across her face as she began following them. They lead straight to the master bedroom. At last, there he stood, all decked out in black dress slacks and a satin, dark blue button down shirt that was open at the neck. He stood in the middle of the bedroom holding a big banner that read "Welcome Home Boosa". She then rushed to him and in an instant they were locked in a fiery kiss.

After coming up from air, Nick looked deeply into her eyes. "Laur, I’ve missed you so much. We have to make a pact to NEVER go that long again. I can’t take it. Skyping is NOT the same."

"I agree. Next time we will have to plan better" she responded.

Lauren had just came off 4 months of body building competitions and a book signing tour while Nick was at home busy recording the new Backstreet Boys album. He also had meetings in between recording with producers and songwriters as he was working on his next solo album as well.

Letting her go, Nick suggested that he go downstair and get her luggage and she slip into something more comfortable. After freshening up and changing, she headed back downstairs where a delicious aroma assaulted her nostrils. As she walked up to the table, Nick pulled her chair out for her to sit. After she was settled, he served up their dinner. As they ate, they caught each other up on the goings on while apart. After dinner was done, he cleared the table and then took her hand and led her back up the stairs.

"Now" he said, "I get the joy of rediscovering you" as he started working on the buttons of her blouse.

 

Nick singing Faithfully:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvphBRPw9L8

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10861