Nothing.... by Alexsgirl_ritz
Summary: My response to What's the score challenge.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1021 Read: 703 Published: 03/21/12 Updated: 03/21/12

1. Chapter 1 by Alexsgirl_ritz

Chapter 1 by Alexsgirl_ritz
“Am I better off dead?”

Nick said in a small cracked voice while staring blankly at the wall of his room. Pain was very evident in his eyes. It was heartbreaking to see one of my best friends fall apart.

“That’s it! I can’t take this anymore; I’ve had enough of this shit!” Howie stood up and angrily walked towards Nick’s closet. He grabbed one of Nick’s jacket.

I completely understand Howie’s reaction. We are not used to this kind of situation. Who would have thought that Nickolas Gene Carter would be a broken man because of a girl?

But Lauren Kitt was not just a girl. She was the girl who put up with all the shit in Nick’s life for more than three years. She was the girl who loved Nick unconditionally and accepts him wholeheartedly. She was the girl who taught Nick how to live happily despite all the bad things that was happening to him. She was the girl who took very good care of Nick. But she was also the girl who broke his heart into million pieces two days ago when she left him.

“We’re going out, buddy.” Howie announced as he threw the jacket to Nick “A few drinks might help you feel a little better.”

Howie turned around with an embarrassed look on his face when he remembered I was in the room. “AJ?”

“I’ll drive.” I answered with a shrug. I couldn’t care less about me, all I wanted was to see a smile on my little brother’s face. If getting him drunk was the only way for him to be ok, I’m all for it.

“Howie, why don’t we just stay here? We could buy beers and order pizza.” Brian suggested.

“Call your wife, Brian. We’re going out.” Howie answered in a tone that neither Brian nor I have the courage to oppose.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I juggled the car’s key in my hand while listening to the guys’ conversation. It was my way of letting people know that I was the designated driver. I wanted them to think that it was the reason why I wasn’t drinking.

“Do you know why she left me?” Nick asked in a slurred voice after finishing six bottles of beer.
Howie, Brian and I just looked at each other. No one dared to ask him yet what happened two days ago. We were just here to support him.

“She saw the fucking picture with the fucking bitch,” Nick forced a laugh before drinking the remaining beer on his bottle.

No one said a damn thing while Nick was trying hard to keep on laughing. We kinda expected that Nick’s picture with Paris Hilton would cause trouble between him and Lauren, but not the extent of them breaking up.

“Nick, Ro already explained to Lauren what really happened.” I informed him but he just laughed again.

We didn’t know that Paris was also invited to the red carpet premiere night of The Vow. Lauren was not feeling well so she stayed at home and let Nick attend the event. If it weren’t for some scheduled interviews, Nick would have cancelled for sure. When Paris saw us walking at the red carpet, she approached Nick like they were old friends and put her arms around Nick. Before Nick could shake her hands off him, the media captured the moment. Minutes later, it was all over the internet.

“Dude, that picture started the fight but she left me for another reason. While we were arguing about the damn picture, she blurted out I don’t love her enough because I have no intention of marrying her. What the fuck? I thought she was happy with what we have. Why is a piece of paper so important to her? Is it not enough that I love her more than anything, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her?”

“It’s not just a piece of paper, Nick.” Brian tried to reason.

“It is for me,” Nick snorted “Marriage changes people and their relationship, right, Howie?”

“Yes, Nick, it changes the couples’ relationship for the better. If you really love her so much, and you plan to spend the rest of your damn life with her, then what’s holding you back?”

“I’m stupid,” Nick finally said after a few minutes of silence “I gotta go talk to her.” Nick stood up but lost his balance and fell to the floor. Brian helped him to stand up and steady his balance.

“Nick, it’s past midnight already.” I told him just in case he lost track of time.

“I don’t care, AJ. I swear if I go there now I can change her mind.”

Nick stumbled his way out of the club. Brian and Howie were quick to follow him outside. I paid the bill before heading out. I sent a quick text message to Ro asking if she knew where Lauren was, and she replied LA.

“Lauren Kitt, Will you fucking marry me?” Nick shouted like he had gone crazy. Brian and Howie were trying to calm him down.

“Come on, Brian, I have to talk to her, let me go.” Nick begged like a five year old kid.
“Nick, Lauren already left Nashville. Ro said she’s in LA. We’ll get a flight tomorrow morning, ok?”

“But I need to talk to her,” Nick’s eyes were pleading.
“Why don’t you call her?” Howie suggested and Nick’s face lit up.

He borrowed Howie’s phone and dialed Lauren’s number happily. “Hey, Boose, it’s me, Nick,” His voice was relieved when Lauren answered the phone. “Baby, please come home. I love you so much, and I don’t want to live my life without you. Will you marry me, please?”

After a minute or two, Nick silently handed the phone back to Howie.
“What did she say?” Brian asked eagerly.

And with tears in his eyes, Nick answered “She said nothing.”
End Notes:
Song used : Nothing by The Script

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMihKmoYfe8&ob=av2e
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10875