The Truth Between The Lies by colorguard_diva, Simple Sue, tiggerc128
Summary:

Photobucket

Sisters always have secrets. But the Grey sisters’ secrets threaten to tear them apart. Will a weekend with the Backstreet Boys bring them back together? Will they be able to see the truth between the lies?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 31 Completed: Yes Word count: 56959 Read: 60988 Published: 07/04/12 Updated: 08/03/12

1. Chapter 1 by colorguard_diva

2. Chapter 2 by colorguard_diva

3. Chapter 3 by colorguard_diva

4. Chapter 4 by colorguard_diva

5. Chapter 5 by colorguard_diva

6. Chapter 6 by colorguard_diva

7. Chapter 7 by colorguard_diva

8. Chapter 8 by colorguard_diva

9. Chapter 9 by colorguard_diva

10. Chapter 10 by colorguard_diva

11. Chapter 11 by colorguard_diva

12. Chapter 12 by colorguard_diva

13. Chapter 13 by colorguard_diva

14. Chapter 14 by colorguard_diva

15. Chapter 15 by colorguard_diva

16. Chapter 16 by colorguard_diva

17. Chapter 17 by colorguard_diva

18. Chapter 18 by colorguard_diva

19. Chapter 19 by colorguard_diva

20. Chapter 20 by colorguard_diva

21. Chapter 21 by colorguard_diva

22. Chapter 22 by colorguard_diva

23. Chapter 23 by colorguard_diva

24. Chapter 24 by colorguard_diva

25. Chapter 25 by colorguard_diva

26. Chapter 26 by colorguard_diva

27. Chapter 27 by colorguard_diva

28. Chapter 28 by colorguard_diva

29. Chapter 29 by colorguard_diva

30. Chapter 30 by colorguard_diva

31. Epilogue by colorguard_diva

Chapter 1 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies       

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

Chapter 1

Aspen

Being a successful business owner and mother to a three year old could wear a woman down. After closing the shop down, I rushed to pick Reese up from daycare. It seems all I ever did was hurry around all day, every day. There was never a moment for me to just enjoy some peace and quiet. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my daughter and my cupcake shop. I just wanted a few minutes a day just for me.

It was ten o’clock and I just got started on cleaning up the house. Toys were scattered everywhere and the laundry machine was filled to the brim with clothes from the past two weeks. I still had dishes to do and a grocery list to make.

I took a deep breath and glanced at the tickets stuck to the refrigerator. This weekend my sisters were coming to see the Backstreet Boys in concert with me. It was my birthday and we decided to go all out for it. I mean, you only turn thirty-one once.

I hadn’t seen my sisters together for four years. We never got together as a family. When I saw the Backstreet Boys were in L.A. for my birthday, I had to invite my sisters.

We were all close in age, and we had a good relationship until life got in the way. From the beginning we were the best friends. We stuck together when our parents were fighting.  My parents had a volatile relationship from the time we were little. My dad liked alcohol, sex, and gambling. Mom was lonely and spent her free time working late. She was good friends with her boss, if you get my drift.

The one thing all of us loved was the Backstreet Boys. I figured they would be a good reason to get my sisters out to Los Angeles to see me. It worked. My sisters didn’t know but our seats were in the second row. We would be up close and personal with the boys. Since it was my birthday, I splurged and got us Platinum VIP. Then we were going to the after party. I figured this would be the one time we would actually get to meet the guys. It had always been our dream to meet them.

The ringing of the phone pulled me out of my thoughts. I grabbed it quickly so Reese wouldn’t wake up. “Hello!”

“Hello Aspen.”

“Hi Lilly. Is everything okay? Why are you calling so late?” Ever since I became a mom I turned into a worrywart.

“Couldn’t sleep, plus I wanted to remind you what time my flight was coming in on Friday.”

I rolled my eyes, thankful my oldest sister couldn’t see me through the phone. “I know your flight is landing at eight thirty. Do you want me to pick you up or are you taking a taxi to my house?”

“Aspen, stop rolling your eyes at me.” Damn, I hated that she knew me so well. “I know you have to work, so I will take a taxi. I’ll meet you at the shop and get the key. What time is Jade coming in?”

“Her flight is arriving Saturday around noon. We are going to pick her up before we head to the arena.” I started wiping the counters. If I wanted to get to bed before midnight, I need to get things done.

“Why does she always wait to the last minute? I can’t believe she is coming in the day of the concert.” Lilly rattled on. I started ignoring her tirade.

“Chill out. Jade has to work on Friday. Her asshole boss won’t let her off. She doesn’t have a choice. That place wouldn’t run without her.”

“I know. I know. I just worry if her flight gets delayed. I don’t want to miss the guys.  I haven’t seen them in forever. I’m dying for a piece of Nick.” She sighed dreamily.

All of us had a thing for Nick. He was gorgeous and had the sexiest smile. If he asked me to fuck him, I’d be on that in an instant. So would my sisters. I think we would fight to have him in our bed. I’d like to say that I would win, but I’m not so sure…lol. My older sisters were vicious when it came to Nick or any of the other guys.

“Sounds like you need to get laid, Lilly.” I teased her. I had no idea about her love life, so I resorted to picking on her.

“That is none of your damn business.” She started to laugh. “Tell me about your sex life.”

“I haven’t had a sex life since I got pregnant with Reese.” I leaned against the counter. “I’m on a four year dry spell.”

“Damn girl, you need to get yourself a man or a fuck buddy.” Lilly screeched in the phone.

“When would I have the time? I do like to get a full night’s sleep once in a while.” I started to yawn. I didn’t realize how tired I was. I finished washing the dishes and moved to my bedroom.

“Get a vibrator. That will do you wonders until you get a man. Too bad we weren’t going to the after party, I’m sure you could get one of them to fulfill your needs.” Lilly laughed.

“You think you’re funny don’t you?” I fell onto the bed. “You know I’m not that kind of girl. Though I think I may be for one of them.” I laughed. Who was I kidding? I’d never get a night with one of them. I wasn’t the type of woman they wanted in their bed.

I was a good girl all my life. I met my ex-fiancé in college. He was my first and only sexual experience. Damn I was such a loser. Maybe I needed to push him off that pedestal I’d put him in all those years ago.

“Shit, it’s getting late. I have to do some shopping before I leave for la la land.”

“Yeah, I need to get some sleep. I have to be at work at four in the morning.”  I hated early mornings, but I didn’t have a choice when one of my bakers called off.

“Well, go get some sleep. I will see you on Friday.”

“Bye.” I hung up the phone, but for some reason I was wide awake.

I think all that talk of sex made me horny, plus thinking about those four hot guys I was going to be seeing on Saturday. I had a feeling something was going to happen with our boys. I wasn’t sure what, but I had a feeling.

I opened my nightstand and pulled out my friend Bob. I was sliding off my panties, when I heard Reese’s voice. “Mommy, can I sweep wif you?”

I quickly slid them back up and put my vibrator away. “Sure, come on in.”

She toddled in sleepily. I picked her up and placed her next to me in bed. “Mommy?”

“Yes, sweetie.” I ran my fingers through her dark curls she got from her dad.

“Can you bring me a dad back from the show?”

“You mean a Backstreet Boy?” It was sweet, but I couldn’t help but laugh at my daughter.

“Yes. You wike them. They cute.”

“Sweetheart, let mommy worry about that. You get some rest.”

“Yes, I need west to pway wif Jamesy.”

“Good night.” I placed a kiss on her head and went to sleep.

Chapter 2 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

Chapter 2

Jade

            I’ve always been a procrastinator. My sister’s hate it. But I can’t help it. I’m easily distracted. I guess that’s why I never have a boyfriend for more than a minute.  I’m 32 and never been engaged. Never even thought about it.

            Now that my baby sister, who HAS a baby, is turning 31, I wonder where the time has gone? Am I so driven I can’t stop and look for Mr. Right? OK, so years ago I found Mr. Right and if my sisters knew they would kill me. DEAD.

            You see, here’s what happened.  Back in 2001, we saw the Backstreet Boys in concert for the first time.  I was barely 21 and looking for trouble when I snuck out of our hotel room. And boy did I ever find it.

            I went to the hotel where the group was staying and managed to meet Nick. He was a total ass then, but hot as hell. Jumping his bones had been my goal and Baby, let me tell you, I succeeded that night and many nights to come. Every time they were in town, he’d call me up and we’d do some mattress dancing. I never told my sisters because let’s face it, we all wanted Nick. They wouldn’t have believed me if I told them the truth.

            It’s been a while since I saw him. Gotta tell you, I have missed him. The rumors about his big dick don’t even compare to the real thing. I thought he’d split me open the first night…but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’ve been with guys since him…but honestly, he’s the only guy I ever came back to. I know he has a girl now. Some kind of self-help wizard who wants to fix people. As much as I’d love to renew our friendship, not sure that will happen if she’s around. He seems to really care about her, if the reports are true. 

            OK, so this trip to LA is to see the Backstreet Boys with Aspen and Lilly.  Little does Aspen know I’ve got plans to make the weekend even better.  What my sisters don’t know yet is that I haven’t been working at the ad agency for almost two months.  I hit the big time when I finally published my book and it skyrocketed on the Best Seller list.  Thanks to my pen name, Lacey Shadow, they don’t have a clue what I’ve been up to. And, thanks to my very carefully worded dedication in my thriller, “Crash and Burn”, my sisters and I are having a VERY special brunch on Sunday with the four LOVELY gentlemen known as the Backstreet Boys.

I dedicate this to my family. Mom and Dad, who taught me that it’s ok to be different. And my sisters who taught me that it’s ok to be just like them.

I also dedicate it to the Backstreet Boys. The fodder for my fantasies. The inspiration for my characters. The fuel for the fire in my soul. Your music carried me through dark times and brought me out of the shadows.

OK, OK, it’s corny.  Guess what! Corny got me noticed and an invite for them to meet me. THEY want to meet ME! Well, AJ anyway. I was told he got hooked on the book and made the other’s read it.  Boy are my sisters gonna FLIP! And I’m thinking Nick might be surprised too!

 

Just as I’m getting ready for bed, my phone rings.  Lilly. “Hey, Jade, what’s up?”

I have to laugh at her. I know why she’s calling. I say “I’m sorry Lilly, I know you’re mad I’m not coming in till Saturday. I really can’t make it before then.”

She sighs and says, “You work too hard.”

I say, “No, Aspen does. I hate how hard she works. You know she has no time with Reese. Hell, I don’t think she’s had a date in forever.”

Lilly says, “She’s not the only one. So how’s YOUR love life?”

I snort and say, “I have a steady thing going with a vibrator how about you?”

Lilly says, “GOD we’re all so fucking pathetic! I thought you had a hot time every night.”

I sigh and say, “Slim pickings in New York. You know that Lil’s.”

She says, “What? There are hot guys on every corner!”

I say, “Yeah, and they fuck anything that moves. I’m not out to get VD Lilly. I may have a rep, but not because I’m easy.”

Lilly says, “Honestly, how many guys have been with?”

I think a minute and say, “As in had sex with?”

She says, “Yeah, how many?”

I say, “Six.”

She says, “Really? That’s all?”

I can’t help but snap. I say, “Dammit, Lilly, I’m not a whore. I don’t jump in bed with every man I see.  I go out on dates. We have fun, but very few of those led to the bedroom.”

She says, “Geesh, touchy aren’t you?”

I sigh and say, “Can we please drop the current topic and talk about something else?”

Lilly says, “We could, but I know it’s REALLY late in New York.”

I glance at my clock.2:30 am.  I say, “Yeah, it is.”

She says, “I’m sorry, Jade. I didn’t want to make you mad.”

I say, “No, it’s ok. I’m sorry for snapping. I know I have a reputation, but 99% of it is just not true.”

Lilly says, “You know, I’m kind of happy to know that. I’ll see you Saturday, Jade. Don’t forget to bring her gift.”

I smile and say, “It’s in my purse. Don’t worry. Get some sleep and I’ll see you in 3 days.”

After I hang up, I stretch out on my new bed and think about my sisters. We’ve been apart for so long. I’ve missed them. You’ll never know how badly I wanted to share my success about the novel, but…well, neither of them really ever thought I’d make it as a writer. I wanted to prove them wrong, but what if they don’t like my book? What if they think it’s too graphic? Too explicit? They know I’m not an angel, but…when it comes to them, I’m not sure how well my book will go over.

I turn on my side and stare at the nightstand, just like I do every night. On it is a picture of Nick and I taken in 2009. The last time I saw him. He looked good enough to eat.  In fact, he was good. That was our last fling.  He saw me in the crowd. Found me at the hotel. Cornered me behind a Ficus and kissed me till my knees buckled.

That night had been different from our other encounters. I knew it was the last. When it was over, he had said, “It’s been good, but…”

I didn’t let him get past the but. I couldn’t. I didn’t want to hear the words ‘I found someone.’ Instead, I covered his lips with mine and after they parted, I whispered, “See you around.”

We both knew it was unlikely. But he knew I couldn’t stand to hear him say the words. Hugging the pillow tightly, I close my eyes…wanting just one more fling. One more taste of the luscious Nick Carter.

 

 

           

 

Chapter 3 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Terri

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 3

 

Lily

 

 I hated flying.  Lord did I hate it!  I always said a little prayer every time I set foot on solid ground.  We all have our phobias and flying was mine.  I was even more of a wreck at night but at least the weather had held up.  Like it wouldn’t flying from Phoenix to Los Angeles.   We were just at the start of the monsoon season so I was thankful to get out of the heat.   My life had been no picnic since I’d seen them last.

 

They think I led this perfect little life out there in the middle of the desert.  It wasn’t horrible but when you find out the man you’ve been living with for two years is gay, kind of puts a damper on the whole dating game.   You don’t know who to trust.  You get to thinking that a vibrator is a better mate than the real deal. At least they don’t talk back and you don’t have to sleep in the wet spot. I felt bad for Aspen.  Four years without a man?  Two was bad enough for me but I couldn’t imagine being that long without having the one on one.

 

 I was initially only going to bring a carry on but with a niece as adorable as Reese, I had to have luggage with the way I spoiled her rotten.  Aspen hated me for it sometimes but when we would Skype, those big blue eyes sucked me in every time. 

 

I was really happy for my sisters.    As far as I knew, they were doing exactly what they wanted.   Some example I was. Maybe I did help them in ways I’d never understand but with our folks always at odds; I knew that someone had to show them a little stability.  I had to grow up a lot faster than I wanted to and sometimes I do resent it.  Not them but our parents.  They should have been the ones there for their moral fiber and life lessons. I didn’t know any more than they did with us all being so close in age. Thank God our parents had family in the vicinity or not a one of us would have survived emotionally.   Well there were the Backstreet Boys.

 

 

Music was the one constant we had.  It was the ONE good thing our parents gave us. Appreciation for song.  And it settled my nerves on days like today.  As said before, I hate flying. I hate airports.    Once I was off the plane, I pulled my I-pod out and put my earbuds in. The boys always soothed me. Upbeat or romantic, the harmonies were amazing.   I took the long stroll to baggage claim and staked my claim to a spot for the long haul. I had the playlist on shuffle and Nick’s song Burning Up came on.  Good song. Even better video. The boy is fucking hot!  So hot! I closed my eyes, lost myself in that club with him, not even realizing I was singing out loud.  What?!  I’m in LA.  People are weird here. Well except for my sister but it was the voice that stopped me in my tracks.

 

“You sound better than I do.”

I looked up. Okay. This had to be a dream.  Really good one.  I closed my eyes and when I opened them he was there. What was Nick Carter doing here?   I was on a connecting flight from Nashville and they did have a few days between dates but the odds?  No way.

“What? You don’t think you have a good voice?”

I think I was at the point of starting to believe this wasn’t a fantasy. Tall, blond and gorgeous was right there next to me.  A gray hoodie and faded blue jeans.   I have truly died and gone to heaven. Speak!  “My sisters tell me all the time.”

“Then believe them. You have a great voice.”

“But it’s not as good as yours.”

 

“This didn’t happen overnight.”

 

“It’s always sounded pretty good to me.” Oops! There came the fangirl.

 

“So I can assume you’re in town for the show.”

“It’s my sister’s 29th Birthday for the second year in a row.” I laughed slightly.

 

“Just you and her?”

“There’s one more of us but she doesn’t fly in until tomorrow.”

 

The baggage carousel started rolling and I was really hating for this moment to end. Nick fucking Carter! I still couldn’t believe he was talking to me. “Well I hope in time for the show.”


“She gets in around noon I think.” Why the hell couldn’t I flirt with him?! What happened to me? Damn!

 

“So is your sister picking you up?”

 

Talkative isn’t he?  Keep him talking. “I’m actually gonna take a cab to her cupcake shop and get the house keys before I headed to her place.”

“Why don’t I give you a ride there? My friend’s picking me up at the curb.”

 

“I couldn’t impose.” What the fuck are you doing Lilly?  Nick Carter is offering you a ride.  Take it!

 

“It’s no problem…..?” He looked at me for a name.

“Lilly.”

 

“We’ll grab our bags and I’ll call my friend. Let him know he has another passenger.  Pretty one at that.”

 

Did I just get one of his infamous grins?  I think I did.  Oh My God!   I barely saw my bag out of the corner of my eye. “Jeez! There it went!”

 

“Which one?”

I pointed at the case that matched the color of his hoodie and before I knew it, he had retrieved it.

 

“There you go.”

“Thank you but are you sure about that ride?”

“I’ve met a lot of people in my lifetime and you hardly strike me as psychotic.”

“How do I know you’re not?” There we go Lils!

 

“Be careful. I may reconsider.”

“You wouldn’t do that to a pretty girl now would you?” I batted my lashes. Turn it up!

 

He grabbed his bag off the carousel then pulled his phone out of his pocket; all the while smiling at me. If he had a girlfriend these days, he certainly wasn’t being faithful by flirting with me. “J, you got room for one more?”

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 4

 

Aspen

 

My oldest sister would be arriving at any moment. I let Reese stay home from daycare so she could see Aunt Lilly. She sat a table near the window drawing pictures for her aunties.

 

I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. My cashier called in sick, so I was baking and manning the store front. I brought out of tray of red velvet cupcakes to ice. That way I could keep an eye on my daughter and get my work done. Luckily this was the slow time of day. Since it was Friday, business would pick up around three, as people had a tendency to to buy from the adult line for their romantic weekends.

 

“Mom, I hungry.” Reese called from her seat.

 

“Would you like a cupcake?” I asked while icing the last cupcake.

 

“Yes. Chocowate, pwease wif sprinkles.” She smiled at me.

 

I placed the red velvet cupcakes in the display case and went back to get my baby her cupcake. When I got back, she was running out the door.  I ran after her. “Reese Elizabeth Get Back Here NOW!” I yelled. What was she thinking running out of the store?

 

She turned around and looked at me. “It’s Aunt Wiwy.” She said in her baby voice.

 

I looked up and saw my sister. She looked absolutely stunning in her red sundress. Then again she looked beautiful in anything. “Lilly, it’s so good to see you.”

 

“Aspen, it’s been too long.”  She hugged me and then she bent down. “Reese, how’s my favorite niece?”

 

“I gweat.” She ran into her aunts arms. “Da Backstweet Boys.” She pointed at the men standing behind Lilly.

 

I looked behind my sister and saw Nick and AJ standing there. Oh, holy hell, I looked like shit. My ponytail was a mess and my apron was full of flour and icing. I was embarrassed at the mess I was. My sister on the other hand was standing there looking like a model. I was jealous.

 

Wait, what was she doing with two of the hottest Backstreet Boys? Why was Nick taking her luggage of out a black Escalade? This was so not happening. I had to be dreaming.

 

“Nick, AJ I would like you to meet one of my favorite sisters. This is Aspen.”  I hurried to wipe the flour out of my blond wavy locks. I’m sure I was making myself look worse.

 

“It’s nice to meet you.” Nick gave me his trademark smile. I couldn’t help but swoon. I mean what woman wouldn’t, he was hotter than hot.

 

AJ stood back watching me. He had shades on so I wasn’t sure of his expression. It was kind of unnerving. I couldn’t take my eyes away from him. He was so sexy and mysterious at the moment.

 

“She normally doesn’t look like a human cupcake, but I assume she’s been baking all day.” Lilly explained. Duh, I own a cupcake shop. My sister loved to humiliate me.  “This little munchkin is Reese. She’s my favorite niece.”

 

“Hi AJ and Nicky.” She waved at them.

 

“Well, she’s certainly a cutie!” AJ said with a smile. I thought it was adorable how he made over my daughter, but why couldn’t it be me he was making over.

 

“Why you draw on your arms?” Reese asked. She was never shy with strangers. Sometimes I wish she wasn’t so friendly.

 

“I like to have pictures to look at.”

 

“Mom, can I draw on my arms?” She asked curiously. Reese was three going on thirty.

 

“When you are much, much older.” She smiled at me. AJ laughed and walked over to my sister and Reese. My little girl started tracing his tattoos with her tiny index finger. My daughter had more swagger when it came to guys than I did and she was three. Could this get any more uncomfortable?

 

“Thank you guys for driving my sister from the airport. It was nice of you. Would you like to come in for a cupcake?” I asked politely. Why was I feeling so shy? I could see the amusement in my sister’s face. She thought this was so funny.

 

“Sure, we have some time, and I could always go for a cupcake.” Nick started towards the door.

 

When we got inside, Reese started pulling Lilly towards the back. “Wet’s go see my room.”

 

“Aspen, what is she talking about?” She gave me a look.

 

“I’ll explain later.” I said as I watched the guys checking out the display case. “What would you guys like?”

 

“I’ll take carrot cake.”

 

Here you go.” I hand him his cupcake and turned to AJ. He had taken off his sunglasses. I was drawn to his brown eyes. He stared back into my baby blues. Neither of us spoke for what seemed like a few minutes. I was mesmerized by the intense eyes staring at me. I finally got the nerve to speak. “What kind would you like?”

 

His eyes never left mine. “I’d like to try Better Than Sex Chocolate.” Damn his voice was oozing with sexuality as he said it. My face turned three shades of red.

 

As I bent down to get his cupcake, I noticed Nick smirking. He thought it was amusing. My face among other things was on fire. I placed AJ’s cupcake in his hands. He took a bite. “This is delicious. I think it might be better than sex, but I would need to compare it to the real thing.” AJ never stopped looking at me. I couldn’t take it. I hadn’t felt this turned on in forever. My ex didn’t make me feel this way. Nick didn’t even make me feel this way. AJ had me lusting after him. I was ready to take him in the middle of the store with Nick watching. That’s how horny he had me.

 

“Well, we better head to rehearsal. Lilly said you were coming to the concert. So we will see you tomorrow. Thanks for the cupcake” Nick said and went outside.

 

“Aspen, I look forward to coming back for some treats. It was a pleasure meeting you.” AJ took my hand and placed a gentle kiss upon it. “Take care, sweet lady.”

 

“It was nice meeting you.” I said shyly. What was wrong with me?

 

AJ’s finger moved toward my face. He brushed a curl out of the way. “You have some icing on your face.” Then his tongue slowly licked the icing near my mouth. “Mmm….cream cheese frosting.”

 

I died and gone to hell. With that he left, and I was all hot and bothered. I leaned against the counter trying to regain my composure, should a customer walk in.

 

“Did AJ Fuck Me McLean just lick your face?” Lilly asked as she walked back in from upstairs.

 

“Where’s Reese?” I ignored my sister’s comment.

 

“I put her down for a nap. She was tired.” Lilly jumped onto the counter. “So tell my about AJ.”

 

“There’s nothing to tell. Apparently you saw it.” I giggled. “Why don’t you tell me how the hell you snagged a ride from two Backstreet Boys?”

 

Lilly proceeded to tell her story in great detail. I enjoyed living vicariously through her life. She always had the coolest things happen to her. I was happy for her. She deserved it for taking care of me and Jade all those years.  I hoped that she would be able to have some more fun with Nick. He gave her his phone number. I told her she better call him or Jade and I had no problem doing it.

 

“Okay time to get serious. Why are you living over top the store?”

 

I didn’t want to talk about my issues. This is the one reason; I never invited my sisters to visit me. I didn’t want their pity. Sure things were tough, but I was bound and determined to make it on my own.

 

“I couldn’t afford the house. It was too much money. I had to cut costs, so I decided to turn the upstairs into an apartment.”  I made sure my voice had a happy tone to it.

 

“You’re lying.” Lilly jumped down and walked over to me. “I’m your big sister, and I want the truth.”

 

I hesitated for a moment. “Fine. I hate when you pull out the big sister card.” I couldn’t look at Lilly. “About a year ago, Sebastian took the house away from me. He met someone new, and he wanted the house.”

 

“What a fucker! Take a house from his daughter and her mother. Why didn’t you fight him for the house and child support?” Lilly was mad. I couldn’t blame her.

 

“He signed his parental rights away the day after Reese was born. Sebastian only wanted the house because his new girlfriend was pregnant with his child.” It still hurt talking about it.

 

“What a fucking bastard. If I see him, I’m going to kill him.” Her temper was coming out.

 

“Stop. You’re in L.A. to see the Backstreet Boys and have a great time. Let’s enjoy ourselves and send Jade some texts rubbing it in how we met Nick and AJ.”

 

That sent us into a fit of giggles. “I love how you think.” Lilly grabbed her cell and started typing away.

 

 

Chapter 5 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 5

 

Jade

 

                When my phone starts beeping, I know its Lilly and Aspen. If they knew I was already in LA, they’d both kill me, but I had to get these promotional shots done for my new book, Spellbound. I have to tell the girls about it now. My picture is going to be everywhere and once the subject of my book gets out, the shit will hit the fan.

            Here’s the thing…I got my creative start writing fan fiction. That’s right, I’d take my favorite celebrities and turn them into whatever I wanted them to be. Naturally, I wrote about the Backstreet Boys. Why wouldn’t I? Plus, I knew things about Nick that no one else knows. I used that. 

            As the last of the shots are being taken, my agent walks in and says, “You are NEVER gonna believe what I set up!”

            I see the wicked grin on her face and say, “Now what have you roped me into, Pam?”

            She says, “Remember how we were jumping through hoops trying to get permission to use a picture of the Backstreet Boys for the cover?”

            I nod and say, “Yeah, I do. What, did they agree?”

            She says, “Even better. They’ll be here this afternoon to pose with you!”

            My mouth drops open and I stutter, “W-w-what did you say?”

            She laughs and says, “Figures you’d turn teenager on me. They’ll be here in twenty minutes.”

            I sigh as she walks away. OK, yeah, I’d LOVE to see Nick again…but with all of them here? How the HELL do I handle this one?

            I grab my phone to check the messages as they touch up makeup. Thankfully, they have me in all black, one of my best colors. The basis of the book is the main female lead is a witch and she casts her spell on the group.  It borders on erotica and the publishers seem to think it will be even bigger than Crash and Burn.

            When I start reading the texts from the girls, I can’t help but laugh. They are so trying to rub it in that they met Nick and AJ.  Wait till they find out what I’m doing this afternoon.  Wonder if I can get copies of the pictures today?

            As I’m pondering how to answer their texts, I hear a commotion and look up to find myself staring into a VERY familiar pair of eyes. When Nick’s gaze locks on mine, I can almost see the wheels turning in his head. When I smile at him, I can see the recognition on his face.

            He walks away from the others and strolls up to me. When he’s two feet away, he says, “Jade, is that really you?”

            I laugh and stand, saying, “Sure is. How you been, Nick?”

            He reaches for my hand then tugs me into his arms and says, “Good. Oh my God, I can’t believe…YOU are Lacey Shadows?”

            I laugh as I inhale his fragrance. I say, “Yeah, I am.”

            He says, “The first book was amazing! I just…WOW. I can’t believe…I didn’t think I’d ever see you again.”

            I glance away, then back to his eyes and say, “Can we talk later? Alone?”

            He smiles and says, “I was just gonna ask you the same thing.”

            Before I can say anything else, AJ walks up and says, “Nick…don’t tell me you know this ravishing creature!  That will be two beautiful women you’ve picked up today.”

            I start to giggle at Nick’s blush. He turns to me and says, “What?”

            I look at AJ and say, “Nick and I have known each other a while. I haven’t seen him for what, three years now?”

            At my questioning glance, Nick says, “Yeah, close to it. I never knew you were a writer.”

            I say, “I wasn’t till last year. I always wanted to be, but I never had a good enough story. Till Crash and Burn popped into my head.”

            AJ says, “God, I love that book. It was so amazing. I couldn’t put it down.”

            I smile at him and say, “Thank you, AJ. That means a lot to me.”

            Brian walks up and says, “He’s right, he got us hooked. What’s the new book called?”

            I say, “Spellbound. While we’re on the subject, I’d really like to thank you all for agreeing to let me publish it.  Did you get a chance to read the manuscript?”

            AJ says, “Nah. We’re waiting for the book.”

            I laugh and say, “You get the first copies, I promise.”

            Pam walks up and says, “As soon as the fourth member arrives, we can get started. Jade, back in makeup.”

            Brian says, “Jade?”

            I smile and say, “My real name. Lacey Shadows is my pen name.”

            Nick smirks and says, “Sounds kind of naughty.”

            Walking past him to get to the makeup chair, I lower my voice to a whisper, and say, “You should know.”

            I watch Nick as they touch up the silver eyeliner around my eyes. I’ve always LOVED the fact that my eyes are blue-gray.  I’m complimented a lot, and now that I have Nick staring into them again, I just can’t help but get all tingly inside.  When they start putting the flame red lipstick on my lips, Nick licks his. Odds are he’s thinking what I am. Where’s the nearest Ficus?

            Before I can get too involved in that fantasy, my phone rings.  After being assured my makeup is done, I answer it to find Lilly and Aspen on the other end.  I say, “Hey trouble makers, I got your texts.”

            Lilly says, “We wanted to make sure you weren’t mad at us. We had to share.”

            Staring at Nick staring at me, I say, “Why in the world would I get mad?”      

            Suddenly, Pam yells, “Jade, you ready?”

            I say, “Girls, I gotta go.  I’ll call you in a few.”

            I hear Aspen say, “What the hell?” just as I hang up. For good measure, I turn off my phone. No sense tempting fate.

            Nick walks over after having his own make up applied and says, “I still can’t believe it.”

            I smirk and say, “Know what I can’t believe?”

            He says, “What?”

            I say, “I can’t believe you picked up my sister at the airport.”

            The look on his face makes me giggle. I hear the makeup artist say, “You smear that lipstick and I’ll have to hurt you!”

            I laugh at her and say, “Hey, I’ll smear it if I want to!”

            She shakes her head at me as I turn back to Nick. He says, “Lilly and Aspen are your sisters?”  When I nod, he says, “No wonder.”

            I say, “What do you mean?”

            He says, “Your hair and hers. She reminded me of you.”

            I say, “Dear Lord, don’t tell her that. She’ll hate me forever.”

            He says, “I won’t. She’s a stunning woman.”

            OK, that one stings. I want him to be complimenting me, but he’s bragging on Lilly. I start to turn away and he says, “Jade wait.”

            Just as I turn to face him, Brian walks up and says, “Jade, this is Howie.”

            Howie says, “Sorry I’m late. LA traffic sucks.”

            I force a smile and say, “It’s ok.” Looking to Pam, I say, “Are we ready?”

            She says, “Sure, come on.”

            As we’re walking toward the set, Nick takes my hand and says, “Don’t do that.”

            I turn and say, “What?” pissed at myself that I can’t control my emotions around him.

            He says, “Don’t shut me out. All I meant is she is a beautiful woman…but I only flirted because she reminded me of you.”

            I say, “Don’t worry about it, Nick.”

            He says, “Can we still talk when we’re done?”

            I say, “Do you want to?”

            He nods and says, “More than you’ll ever know.”

           

            For the photo shoot, they sit me on a deep burgundy settee and have Nick on one side of me, Brian on the other.  AJ and Howie are behind the settee leaning over the back. All of them are supposed to be gazing at me while I look at the camera. Talk about unnerving!  I’m about to wet my pants! Having Nick drawing circles on my hand while we’re doing this isn’t helping any.

            About 12 shots in, I say, “Hey, AJ, can I ask you something?”

            Without moving too much, he says, “Sure thing, Darling. What?”

            I say, “Did you really lick my sister’s face today?”

            Brian says, “What the hell?”

            Howie goes, “Huh?”

            Nick starts laughing and AJ says, “Aspen is your sister?”

            I smile wickedly at the camera and say, “She sure is. How did she taste?”

            I see Pam looking at me like I have 3 heads.  It’s taking all I have not to crack up laughing. AJ says, “She tastes good. I’d like to taste more of her.”

            Brian says, “Dammit AJ!”

            I can feel Nick smirking when he mutters under his breath, “Bet she doesn’t taste as good as you.”

            OK, THAT made me feel better. After the shoot, I turn to AJ and say, “I can’t believe you licked my sister.”

            He laughs, kind of blushing, and says, “She’s a woman begging to be licked.”

            I say, “Well, you made her day! And apparently, Reese wants to draw on her arms now. Thanks for that.”

            He laughs and says, “I told her she had to wait till she was 18. Guess Mom missed that.”

            Nick says, “Yeah, she was focused on your tongue.”

            Brian says, “OK, will someone please explain this to me? AJ licked your sister? Where?”

            AJ chortles as Brian blushes, realizing how dirty his question sounds. I snicker and say, “I wasn’t there, but I have it on good authority he licked her in…” Brian’s face is blood red by now.  I continue by saying, “Cupcake shop.”

            AJ says, “Girl, you are WICKED!”

            I shake my head and say, “Not me!”

            Howie says, “Are your sisters as pretty as you?” Ever the Latin Lover. 

            I smile and say, “I think they are prettier, but you be the judge.” I take out my phone and show them pictures of Lilly and Aspen. When AJ sees the one of Aspen, I say, “Want me to text it to you?”

            He smirks and says, “More than you know!”

            I giggle and say, “You got it!”

            Brian, however, seems focused on Lilly. He says, “Wow, she’s beautiful. What color are her eyes?”

            Before I can answer, Nick says, “Light blue.”

            I turn to glance at him before saying, “He’s right. I’m jealous of her eyes. They have these green and gold flecks in them that sparkle.”

            Brian says, “I’m looking forward to meeting her. Both of them.”

            I smile and say, “Sunday at brunch. I was surprising them with that.”

            Brian says, “Forget that, let’s do dinner tonight!”

            I say, “Seriously? Don’t you have things to do before the show tomorrow?”

            He says, “Yeah. Meeting your sister tops that list. Come on, dinner?”

            How do you say no to those puppy dog eyes?  I say, “OK, but later. They don’t even know I’m in LA yet. This weekend is all about surprises and Aspen’s birthday.”

            AJ says, “Aspen’s birthday? This weekend?”

            I say, “Yeah, Saturday. That’s why we’re here for the show. Gonna party all weekend.”

            AJ says, “I think we’re gonna have to sing Happy Birthday tomorrow night, fellas.”

            On an impulse, I hug his neck and say, “That would be AMAZING!! I won’t say a word.”   I turn to Nick and say, “Want to get a cup of coffee? Maybe catch up before I surprise my sisters?”

            He says, “Sure. I’d love to.”

            Brian says, “Dinner around 9 ok? Nick get her number so we can make plans.”

            Nick says, “Not to worry, Brian. I’m DEFINITELY getting her number.”

            Pam walks over and hands me a flash drive. She says, “Here are the pictures. I have to know Monday which you want to use. The book is out in two weeks and we need to get the cover printed.”

            I say, “No problem. I’ll let you know tonight. Maybe Aspen and Lilly will help me pick it out.”

            As she walks away, Nick says, “I will. Wanna stay at my place while you’re in LA?”

            I say, “Thought you had a girlfriend.”

            He snorts and says, “I did too. Turns out SHE had another boyfriend.”

            I touch his hand and say, “Sorry Nick.”

            He says, “Don’t be. I’m not.” As I turn to say good bye to the rest of the guys, I hear him say, “I’m not sorry at all now.”

           

Chapter 6 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lines

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

Chapter 6

 

Lilly

 

What the hell?!  She better have had a damned good reason for hanging up on me the way she did.  She’s my kid sister and I’ll allow her certain things but that was just flat out rude!   Needless to say when she showed up at the shop later that afternoon, I was all over her case.  Well after the initial ‘Oh my God’s, it’s so good to see you ‘and Reese’s grand tour for Aunt Jade.

“What the hell is going on Jade?” I sat her down at a corner table after we helped Aspen get through the better part of her weekend rush.   Reese sat coloring contentedly at a table not too far from us after her nap while Aspen wrapped things up.

 

“I’m not the best example but watch how you talk around Reese okay?”

 

“Fine, “I replied begrudgingly. “ What is going on?”

 

“Well I wanted to tell you guys together but I’ve been in town for a couple of days now finalizing all the details on my new book.”

 

My eyes widened. I knew it was a dream for her but I didn’t even know there was a first. “You had a first?”

“I know I should have told you but I wasn’t sure how you would handle it.  You are my big sister after all.”

“Not by much.”

“You’re still older and if it wasn’t for you growing up, I’d probably be more screwed up than I am.”

 

“You’re not screwed up Jade.  Just a little misguided was all. You grew up.”

 

“Like I said, thanks to you.”

 

“So tell me about this book.”

“First of all, Aspen, can you get a sitter tonight?” Jade inquired as Aspen joined us.

“I think I can manage but why?” She replied.

“Remember how you were teasing me how you met Nick and AJ earlier today?”

 

Aspen and I nodded.

 

“The reason I hung up on you earlier today is because I was at a photo shoot for my book cover.  I’d been trying to get permission to use the Boys on the cover when my manager informed me they’d be there live and in person.”

 

“I hate you,” I said.

 

“Now don’t be hating me…….yet.   Remember when we saw the boys in 2001?”

 

“The night Aspen and I spent searching for you after we discovered you snuck out of the room?” My gut told me I wasn’t going to like this.

 

“I found my way to their hotel and onto Nick.”

Okay, now I hated her. My life wasn’t horrible but it seemed like my little sister could always one up me in the man department. Aspen was shocked to say the least.  Me, I was just flat out pissed.

 

She continued, “Then every time they would pass through town he would call me and we’d….well, we’d hook up.  Until three years ago that is.”

“When he met the one who shall remain nameless,” I replied but all I really wanted to do was call the girlfriend a bitch. I was behaving for my niece’s sake.

 

“Today was the first time I saw him in that time.”                

 

“So that’s the big reason Aspen needs a sitter tonight?”

 

“No, he and his friends want to take us out to dinner.”

 

“So you can fawn all over him right?”

“Actually so AJ can fawn all over Aspen and Brian can fawn all over you.  I showed them a picture of you guys and Brian was mesmerized by you. And big sis, Nick thinks you’re pretty stunning too but he’s mine,” she said with a smirk.

 

Aspen looked at me and said, “I’m going to get on that sitter while I fix Reese dinner. The store is locked up so take all the time you want down here.”

 

After she left, Jade said,” What’s going on?”

“Sebastian took the house from her because the asswipe found another woman and knocked her up so she’s living above the shop.”

 

“I’ll kill the sonofabitch.”

“The line forms behind me.  So about the books?”

 

“My first one was called Crash and Burn. The new one is Spellbound.”

 

“You’re Lacy Shadows?”

“You’ve read my book?”

“After Michael informed me he liked guys and moved out, romance novels were my saving grace.”

 

“Shit Lils. That sucks.  So Aspen is gone now, you can get all fangirlie about Brian if you want. I won’t tell.”

Okay, so I’d been harboring some deep seeded lust for the guy since we’d had fifth row to the Never Gone tour and he was walking offstage. God does he have a great ass! “It’s not that, it’s just….wow, you’ve had Nick Carter.”

“In every position my body could stand. Some I wished I hadn’t.”

 

We laughed.  “So Brian really thought I was hot?”

“Lils. Where do you get the idea that you’re not attractive? Men drop like flies at your feet. You got Nick’s attention.”

“Only because I was singing.”

 

“You have a good voice. “ Just then Jade’s phone went off. “Nick!”

 

I could only hear her side of the conversation and she left me sitting there to find out the status of babysitter for Reese.  The smile on her face when she returned to the shop told me that Aspen had found a sitter.  We were having dinner with the Backstreet Boys!  What the hell was I going to wear?!

 

You’d think I would be the first ready to go but for some reason I was procrastinating. Why?  I don’t know. Normally, men don’t have that effect on me. I guess I just wanted our first meeting to be perfect.  Not push him away with my tendency to be overly flirtatious y’know?

 

I stepped out into the living area.  Jade had other lodging so she was arriving with them.  Aspen looked at me and whistled just as the doorbell rang. “That’s got to be the babysitter.  I’ll be back.”

 

“Aunt Wiwy. You look pwetty,” Reese said.

“Well thank you sweetie.”

 

“I second that.”

 

My eyes rose and there he was. The eyes, the voice and looking so incredibly gorgeous I forgot my name.   I’m sure this was all Jade’s doing the minute I saw AJ enter the room.

 

“Hey Lilly.   Hey there cutie pie! “Addressing Reese. “Shouldn’t you be in bed by now?”

She jumped up and crossed the room; whispering in his ear when he knelt down to her level. He looked at me and chuckled. I was going to kill my sister!

 

“Okay you little charmer you.  Let’s get to bed,” Aspen scolded.

 

“But Mommy!”

 

“I’ll come help you if you don’t mind,” AJ offered.

 

Jade couldn’t have planned it better if she tried. “Hi.”  I don’t know why he made me so nervous? Oh yeah, because I had the hots for him forever.  He’s just a man Lilly. Shake it off.

 

He took the chair kitty cornered from the couch in the small room.  I may have to talk to Jade about this later but for now I was going to concentrate on blue eyes.” She was right.”

“Jade?”

 

“Yeah. She told me how your eyes sparkle.  They’re even more beautiful in person.”

Okay. The kid gets to live one more day.  My really bad inner bad girl was taking over and I had this overwhelming desire to take him down to the shop and grab that passion fruit frosting that Aspen used for her adult line, spread it all over him and lick every last inch of it off but I returned to reality and smiled.” This was her idea wasn’t it?”

“What? For us to come up and get our dates?  Jade had nothing to do with it.”

“This time. I know my sister too well.  She wanted to be alone with Nick didn’t she?”

“You’re not disappointed are you?”

 

“We’ll see how it’s going come sunrise.”

 



 

 

 

 

 

 



Chapter 7 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Rachel

 

Chapter 7

 

Aspen

 

AJ scooped Reese up into his arms and followed me to her bedroom. He was tickling her from all the laughter and squealing I heard behind me. I opened the door to her room.

 

“Wow, that’ a lot of butterflies. Very nice Reese’s Pieces.”  She giggled at his nickname.

 

“I wuv butterfwies.” She exclaimed as he put her in bed. “Thanks, AJ.”

 

I kneeled down on the floor beside Reese’s bed. “If you need anything Miss Barb is in the living room. I’ll make sure to kiss you when I get back.” I pushed her dark curls off her forehead and continued our goodnight ritual.

 

She clung to her teddy bear as her eyes fell shut. I stood up and saw a big grin on AJ’s face. I turned off the light and we left Reese to sleep.

 

“What’s the big grin for?” I asked curiously.

 

AJ was leaning against the wall and pulled me to him. “You and Reese are so adorable.” He placed a kiss on my nose.

 

Adorable is not what I wanted AJ to call me. My daughter was adorable. I wanted to be called hot, sexy, gorgeous, or even pretty. Then I looked at what I was wearing; khaki capris and a form fitting blue blouse. I wasn’t the sexy woman he was used to dating.

 

Lilly on the other hand was dressed sexy. She was wearing a skirt that showed off her long legs and perfect figure. I’m sure Jade looked just as hot.  My body definitely wasn’t as toned as theirs. The only exercise I did was running after a three year old.

 

“Thanks. We better get going. I’m sure they’re waiting for us.” Before we left I quickly went over everything with Barb.

 

Inside the limo, Nick and Jade were in a full make out session. They were so into each other and making up for lost time. Howie and his wife were talking with Lilly and Brian. Brian had his arm around her shoulder looking very chummy. Lilly’s hand was pressed against his thigh. They already had a connection going.

 

AJ scooted over towards Nick and pinched his ass. Nick jumped up and bumped his head. Everyone started to chuckle.

 

“What the hell man?” Nick grumbled.

 

“Save it for the bedroom. We’re in the presence of four beautiful ladies.”

 

“And one of those was enjoying Nick’s mouth on hers, AJ.” Jade retorted. Leave it to my sister.

 

“Hi, I’m Howie and this is my wife Colleen. You must be Aspen. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

“Hi. It’s nice meeting you both.” I said shyly.

 

The ride to the restaurant was fairly short, only about twenty minutes from where I lived.  Everyone was in their own little world.

 

“Wow, this is one of my favorite restaurants. I’ve only been here once.” I was excited even though it brought back one of the worst moments of my life.

 

“I can’t take the credit.” AJ grinned. “Howie picked out the restaurant.”

 

“Well he has good taste. Have you ever eaten here before?” I asked. It wasn’t a well-known establishment for celebrities. It was a quaint Italian Restaurant with a beautiful patio for outdoor dining and dancing.

 

“No, this is my first time, but this is Howie and Colleen’s sacred ground. They had their first date here. He proposed to her on the patio. They come here for every anniversary.”

 

“I think that is sweet.” I sighed more in frustration than anything else.

 

“What’s the matter, Aspen?” AJ took my hand in his.

 

“Nothing I care to talk about.” I paused to compose myself. I couldn’t understand why I let this affect me after four years. I needed to move on. “I’m sorry, AJ.  It’s just a bad memory I’m trying to get rid of.”

 

“I understand.” He said as we got out of the limo.  “We all have demons in our life. But tonight is about having fun.”

 

We got settled at our table. Our waiter came and took our orders. Nick and Jade were the first to hit the dance floor. It was a slow song and their bodies were so close together, a dollar bill wouldn’t fit between them. I had a feeling Jade was staying at Nick’s place while in L.A. One by one each of the couples moved to the dance floor. AJ and I sat there quietly.

 

“So.” We both said at the same time. I started to giggle at the awkwardness of the situation.

 

I looked at my plate, as I started to talk. “I’m sorry I’m not a very good date.”

 

“Who said that?” He lifted my chin so I could look at him. I could get lost in the brown eyes of his. “It seems to me that you’re a little shy. I don’t mind. I’m an open book. I’ll tell you anything you want to know about myself. Aspen, it’s okay to not want to share every detail of your life with me.”

 

Why did he have to be so sweet? “It’s not that I don’t want to share things with you. Things have been complicated for me. I haven’t always been shut off like this. You can ask Lilly and Jade. My heart got broken badly and it’s still trying to mend.”

 

“Can you let me try to heal your heart?” He said tenderly as he took my hand.

 

“I’d like that.” I smiled as we walked out to the open floor. “So what was Miss Charmer whispering to you earlier?”

 

“She was just sharing something about her mom and aunties. I’m sworn to secrecy, so I can’t tell you.” He flirted with me.

 

“Oh fine. Not sure I want to know what my darling daughter told you.” I giggled. I was going to make the best of this night.

 

“So I take it you’re not a native of Los Angeles.” We swayed to the music as we talked.

 

“No, we’re from Virginia.” I answered quietly. I was starting to get lost in his eyes.

 

“How did you end up in la la land?”

 

“I met my ex-fiancé in college. He got a job working at some research lab and we moved here. The rest is history.” I gave a short summary of my life. There was no reason to go into great detail.

 

Instead of talking, we stared into each other’s eyes. It was exactly like what you read in a romance novel. It was actually scaring me. I didn’t know if I was ready for this. After four years, you would think I would be ready to be kissed by a man. I was shaking on the inside because I knew his lips were going to be on me in a few seconds.

 

His lips grazed mine gently; barely touching them. AJ moved in closer and this time his lips remained on mine. I got lost in the awareness of the attraction I was feeling towards AJ. It was a chaste kiss with no tongue, yet the passion between us was noticeable. When it was over, I wanted more.

 

“Aspen.” AJ brushed my hair behind my ears. “There’s something familiar in kissing you.”

 

“I don’t know what you mean.” I shoved him away from me. “Excuse me.” I ran off towards the woman’s room.

 

I leaned against the wall trying to compose myself. Why was my past coming back to haunt me? This is why I was better off being alone. I didn’t have to worry about screwing things up. I looked myself in the mirror and didn’t like who I saw.

 

“Aspen, what the hell?” Jade asked stepping inside the bathroom. Lilly was right behind her. I didn’t need their sisterly concern at the moment.

 

“You can’t ignore us. We saw what happened. AJ is a nice guy.” Lilly was always the big sister. For once could she butt out of my life.

 

“And that’s why he’d be better without me. I just have too much baggage.” I said matter of fact. At least I could pretend to be confident.

 

“Do you think we’re going to buy that?” Jade asked looking pissed. “We know what you went through with Sebastian. It’s time for you to move on.”

 

“You don’t know everything that happened.”  I flipped on the water to rinse my face.

 

“Aspen, why did you hide it from us?” Lilly walked over towards me. “I didn’t think we kept secrets from each other.”

 

“That’s funny.” I started to laugh. “Jade kept Nick a secret from us. I wonder what else she’s hidden.” Jade had a dejected expression on her face. I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings, but I was angry. It felt better to make someone else feel like I was.

 

“Aspen Ruby, that’s enough.” Lilly treated me like I was a child. “I don’t what Sebastian has to do with any one this. AJ seems to genuinely like you. God, Brian went on about the two of you for like ten minutes. You’re going to ruin a good thing before it even starts.”

 

“And that is my choice.” I grabbed a paper towel.

 

“You know if you tell us what’s bothering you we can help.” Jade was trying to be a united front with Lilly. I wasn’t going to tell them, so they needed to back off.

 

“You know what!” I raised my voice. “It’s my secret to keep. Just go have fun with Brian and Nick. Tell AJ I’m sorry.” Then I ran out of the restaurant.

 

Chapter 8 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 8

 

Jade

 

            I look at Lilly after Aspen runs off and say, “What the hell was that?”

            Lilly says, “I don’t know.”

            I lower my eyes and say, “She was right. I shouldn’t have kept secrets from you two.”

            Lilly says, “Why did you, Jade? Yeah, we would have been jealous as hell, but still…”

            I snort and say, “Truthfully? He was mine. If he had seen you or Aspen, he wouldn’t have been mine anymore. You and Aspen have always been prettier than me.”

            She says, “Jade, why do you always compare yourself to us? You’re beautiful.”

            I say, “You know what…we should go find Aspen and see what’s going on.”

            As we get back to our table, AJ says, “Where’s Aspen?”

            I shrug and sit beside Nick. He takes my hand which should comfort me, but somehow it just makes me feel even guiltier. Lilly says, “I guess she went home. I’m sorry, AJ, she won’t talk to us.”

            AJ stands and says, “Well she’s going to talk to me. See you later.”

            After he leaves, Brian says, “OK, so what’s really going on?”

            I sigh and say, “Well, usually we share everything, but lately, it seems we’ve all been hiding some kind of secret from the others. Maybe she’s just mad at me, I don’t know.”

            Nick says, “What did you hide from them?”

            I turn to him and say, “Besides you? Well, until today, they didn’t know about my book.”

            Colleen says, “Why didn’t you tell them about the book? It’s incredible.”

            Lilly says, “That’s my fault. She’s loved to write her whole life. Being the oldest, I felt I had to teach them to be responsible. I wasn’t very supportive of her dreams.” Looking at me, she says, “I’m sorry Twig. Forgive me for being stupid?”

            Before I can answer her, Nick says, “Twig?”

            I roll my eyes and say, “Gee, thanks for that one, Lilly Blue.”

            She blushes and Brian says, “Umm, what’s the inside joke?”

            Nick turns my face to his and says, “Come on, Twig?”

            I sigh and say, “It’s what they called me growing up because I hated my first name. I still hate it.”

            Colleen says, “Why do you hate Jade? It’s beautiful.”

            Lilly says, “That’s not her first name. Willow is.”

            I groan and “God I hate that name!”

            Nick says, “Willow Jade.  I like it.”

            Lilly says, “If you plan on getting lucky, don’t call her that.”

            He looks at me and says, “You’d really make me suffer that way?”

            Not caring that everyone is listening, I say, “I kind of doubt it. I’ve missed you, you big jerk.”

            He leans in and kisses me. Holy Moses, I felt it in my toes.  I hear Lilly say, “Would you two like to be alone?”

            I pull my lips from his, staring into his eyes and say, “Yes, Lilly Blue, very much so.”

            Brian clears his throat and says, “Lilly Blue?”

            I hear Lilly say, “My name is Lilly Sapphire. Hence, Lilly Blue.”

            Brian says, “What a pretty name! And so unusual.”

            Colleen says, “Both are pretty. What about Aspen?”

            I pull my gaze from Nick as he leans closer to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. I say, “Aspen Ruby. Our parents were hippies.”

            Howie says, “And her nickname?”

            Lilly laughs and says, “Red.”

            We all chuckle before I say, “I’m going to call and check on her. Excuse me.”

            Little did I know when I left the table, Nick followed me.  I step outside the restaurant and dial her number.  When she answers, all she says is, “I’m fine. Just let it go.”

            I say, “I can’t, Red. I’m sorry for keeping secrets from you. I should have told you both about Nick. And about my book. I was afraid.”

            She says, “Why were you afraid? We love you.”

            I say, “I know that. But I was afraid you wouldn’t like my book. What if it flopped? There were too many what ifs.”

            She says, “Well, that doesn’t explain why you didn’t tell us about Nick.”

            I sigh, leaning against the building as I say, “I didn’t want to share him with you.”

            She says, “Jade, do you think we would have…could have?  Seriously, we wouldn’t have done anything…I mean…”

            I laugh and say, “I get it Aspen. You would have been happy for me. Still, I was 21 and what he and I shared…I don’t think I can tell you what it meant to me. What it still means to me.”

            She says, “Really, it’s ok. I get it.”

            I say, “Aspen, what happened? Why did you freak out? AJ was so confused. We all were.”

            She says, “You’re not the only one that kept secrets Jade. And I’m not ready to…hey, someone’s at the door. Can we talk tomorrow?”

            I say, “Sure. I just wanted to make sure you’re ok.”

            She says, “I’m fine. I love you Twig.”

            I say, “I love you too Red.”

            I hang up and close my eyes, leaning my head against the brick wall of the restaurant. I almost jump out of my skin when I hear Nick say, “What does it mean to you, Jade?”

            I groan and say, “Nothing. Nothing at all.”

            He turns me around and says, “Don’t lie to me. You never have before. Talk to me.”

            Lowering my head, I say, “Nick, I’ve known you over 10 years. The last three have been agony for me. Because you were with her.”

            He says, “What are you saying, Jade?”

            She says, “I…fell in love with you. A long time ago.” When he doesn’t say anything, I rush on, saying, “It’s ok. I don’t expect you to feel the same. I know what we had was just physical for you. I’m ok with that.”

            He says, “Jade, it wasn’t…isn’t…just physical. I just…I can’t say it’s love now. We haven’t seen each other in so long. I’m different. You’re different.”

            Feeling my heart slowly crack apart, I paste on a neutral look and say, “I told you, it’s ok. I didn’t expect you to be in love with me.” Pushing away from him, I say, “Want to finish dinner? Maybe hit a club or two?”

            He says, “No, I want to be alone with you after dinner. I want to take you to my house and make up for all the time I’ve missed you.”

            Forcing myself to sound upbeat and normal, I grab his belt and pull him closer to me and say, “I’d like that myself, Nick.”

            He kisses me. Oh Lord how he kisses me. In the midst of my knees buckling and my panties getting wet, little pieces of my heart fall away. All this is for him is sex. But if I give this up, I won’t have any part of him. I can’t give him up yet.

 

            When we get back to the table, my false face is still in place. I look at Lilly and say, “She says she’s ok. I think AJ just got there.”

            I know Lilly can see right through me.  She wisely doesn’t say anything, but she gives me that ‘we’re gonna talk’ look she always gave me growing up. Finally, she says, “Well, we were talking about hitting a club. You two up for it?”

            Before I can answer, Nick says, “As fun as that sounds, we’re gonna pass. We have some catching up to do. I glance up in time to see him wink at her and say, “Save me a dance for the next time, ok?”

            When Lilly says, “You’ve got it, Handsome,” I get so jealous, I almost cry. I bite my lip and turn away, hoping no one can see the torment on my face.

            Somehow, I make it through the rest of dinner. When we get back into the limo, Howie says, “They are going to drop us at the club, Nick, then take you and Jade to your place.”

            Leering at me, he says, “Sounds like the best part of the night.”

            OK, heartbroken or not, I know he wants me. He wants to take me home with him. It’s gotta count for something, right?  I mean, if he didn’t want to be alone, we’d be going out with them, wouldn’t we?

            After they get out of the limo, Nick leans back and says, “Come over here, Jade.”

            I slide over next to him and whisper, “Yes, Nick?”

            He plays with my earring and says, “You know what I want…don’t you Jade?”

            I wipe emotion from my face and whisper, “Yes, Master.”

            An evil smirk plays at his lips and he says, “Good, you remember our favorite game. Tell me, and be honest…do you want to play tonight? Or would you rather tonight be easier? Because trust me, as much as I want to just fuck you,  the thought of making love to you is just as appealing. Please, tell me Jade, what would make you happiest?”

            I study his eyes. I know he means it. I say, “I want you to make love to me Nick. It’s been too long. We can play other nights…can’t we?”

            He laughs and says, “Only if you want to, Jade. You never told me if you actually liked our games. Did you?”

            I think about all the times we played. I enjoyed most of it. Being totally honest, I say, “I wasn’t too thrilled about the spankings, but the reward afterward made them tolerable.”

            He smirks and says, “So we leave that part out. Tell me, Lacey Shadows, how much of yourself was in that book? Do you really want to try new things?”

            Running my finger across his lower lip, I whisper, “I want to try a lot of things, Nick.”

            He sucks on my finger tip before saying, “Tomorrow. Tonight, I’m going to make love to the most beautiful woman that’s ever graced my bed.”

            By the time we reach his house, my body is trembling with desire.  As he carries me through the front door and up to his room, he says, “Damn I’ve missed you Jade. I never stopped thinking about you.”

            His words go straight to my heart. Even though I don’t know where we’re gonna go, right now, he’s mine. And I’m gonna do whatever I have to do to make sure he STAYS mine this time.

           

           

           

Chapter 9 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright2012

By Terri

 

Chapter 9

 

LILLY

 

I couldn’t help myself. After we dropped Colleen and Howie off at their place, Brian and I had the limousine to ourselves.   I’m a self-respecting woman but as they were exiting the vehicle I moved toward the divider and gave the driver a little cash incentive to take the long way to the shop. I WAS worried about Aspen but she wasn’t ready to talk to either myself or Jade. I realize that we were here to have a girl’s weekend but for all I knew Aspen and AJ were in the shop doing what I wish I could be doing to Brian.  I’d got freaky in a lot of different places but the back of a limousine had not made the list…..yet.  The chemistry was there and sometimes you just have to go with it because let’s face it, when was I going to get another chance like this?  Hello?! A man I’d fantasized about for so many years wanted me.

 

“So Lilly, it’s obvious Aspen has a secret and we already know Jade’s. What’s yours?” His head turned and I forgot about being a lady.

 

“You mean something other than the fact that I find you utterly irresistible?” I replied as I straddled him.

 

“Well that I already knew.” He smirked as he slowly undid the buttons on my sheer white blouse.

 

“Are you looking to get lucky tonight?”

“I wasn’t but.” His lips brushed mine.

 

“And they all think you’re the good one.”

 

“Now have we clarified what I’m supposed to be good at?”

 

Oh Lord he was a little devil in disguise. I pulled my open blouse off and his hands were slowly pushing up the spaghetti strapped camisole I was wearing beneath the blouse.  You know you read all the stuff about their sexual preferences but you never really know until you’re there.  The material was up far enough and his tongue was lacing around one of my nipples from the pushed down lace of my strapless bra.  It was one good thing I got from my Mother. I lifted the thin material over my head as he continued to work his magic. I detached the hooks from my bra and quipped,” Might be a little more fun without this in the way.”

 

“What if I want it there?”

 

“Something tells me you don’t.” I could tell by the look in his eye he didn’t and before I knew it, he was feasting on my plush curves.  I’d never had a man so attentive to the region but God he was having a blast.  His teeth grazed over the areola and tugged my nipple before he wrapped his lips around it completely. His eyes lifted at my whimper.  I guess he decided he’d played enough because he brought my lips to his as his hands slid down and cupped my ass.  

 

I wasn’t going to be the only one naked here so I pulled away and started tearing through the buttons of his shirt. My lips brushed his briefly then I leaned in to whisper, “I can’t wait to fuck you with my tits.”  I felt the tightness in his jeans the minute I said the words.  Something told me I would be the first to do it but he certainly didn’t deny any woman that wanted to. I took my time working down his body. I had time to play. My nails dragged down over his chest before I oh so languidly undid his pants.  His hips lifted just enough to let me slide down his jeans.  His cock springing to life right before me. He was planning on getting lucky. “Planning on getting lucky tonight Mr. Littrell?” I teased as I wrapped my lips around his length. I needed to lubricate him a little first.

 

“Oh fuck Lilly!” I felt him fist his fingers in my hair; almost forcing me onto the full length of his cock. Once I managed to regain control but he stopped me and lay back on the seat after relieving himself of his jeans and shoes. I thought that’s all he wanted to do but I think him talking dirty was what shocked me. “Bring that sweet little ass of yours up over my face so I can taste that sweet little pussy of yours.”

 

I maneuvered my body into the position he wanted then he instructed me to lift my skirt. I hadn’t worn anything underneath either. “Mmmmm…….a girl after my own heart.”  He smacked my ass before I felt his hands cupping it and burying his face between my thighs. The way he was tormenting me with his tongue, I could barely return the favor on his end.  Oh he came up for air a couple of times and that’s when I took my opportunities but the shit he was doing with his tongue he probably learned in Amsterdam. I felt him spread my cheeks and his tongue grazed over the unexplored territory. I about jumped out of my skin and he chuckled. The last man on Earth you’d expect in this position and the first to resituate it.  He moved me to the floor then moved in behind me; bending me over the seat.

 

His arm wrapped around my waist; sliding his fingers down into my drenched center. He leaned in and whispered. “Fuck you are so hot Lilly.”  His dick teasing the crack of my ass while his fingers played inside my body.

 

“Brian please,” I begged him.  I was going to explode if I didn’t have him inside me soon.

 

He withdrew his fingers and I heard him moan. “God you are so sweet,” He remarked as gripped my hips and plunged into me. 

 

My breasts pressed against the vinyl seat as he pounded harder and deeper into my body.  He really could have violated my ass and I would have never known the difference but he was pushing so hard and fast, I didn’t even feel him do it. I did feel him reach around play with my clit. “Oh God Brian!  Fuck that is…. Harder!” It was a wonder I didn’t come sooner and I knew he wasn’t finished just by the feel of it. I turned around and offered up my generous mounds of flesh for him to finish himself off.  The glimmer in his eyes. It was so hot I practically had another orgasm.   He positioned himself and I held my tits together as he fucked them.  When he got close, he stopped and came all over my breasts. There we were, on the floor of the limousine; drained of our last ounce of energy.  My eyes met his and I let him do the talking first.  Had to let him regroup. I started gathering my stray clothes and dressed as did he.  He took a seat next to me and slid his arm around my shoulder.”  That was incredible Lilly. Wanna do it again after the show?”

I turned my gaze up. He was dead serious. The vehicle pulled to a complete stop and I knew we had to be back at the shop. I didn’t want him to think I was easy but really, what were the odds that I would see him after this weekend? ”Sure.”

 

“You are something else Lilly Sapphire.”

 

I smiled and softly kissed him. “So are you Brian Thomas.  I’ll see you at the sound check. Goodnight.”

Aspen gave me a key to the stair entrance on the side of her shop and I thought it rather odd that the lights were still on at two in the morning but what struck me funny was the sight I came upon when I entered the living room.  AJ was sliding his hands underneath Aspen’s slacks.  Her demeanor had certainly changed in a matter of three hours because I don’t think she was remembering she had a very influential little person that could catch them at any time (much less me). I was really going to crack up if I didn’t do something to break them up soon. I think she was sucking on his neck. I think right in the area of that vein of his. So little Red wasn’t as prim and proper as I thought. I cleared my throat in an attempt to gain their attention.  Nothing.  I tried again with a little more throat to it and Aspen turned.

 

“I didn’t want to interrupt because I could have just snuck by and you would have never known I was here but I kind of did it for the sake of Reese.”

The color drained from both of their faces. Wow!  Doesn’t deserve that bad boy image after all. I felt kind of bad for Aspen considering I’d just got the best fuck of my life but I didn’t have a child to consider in the equation either. “Plus my bed kind of folds out of there too.” Grinning. “I’ll go get ready for bed and you two can do whatever you need to make it to goodnight.” My little sister was blushing like a schoolgirl but as I said, whatever was bothering her earlier, AJ sure as hell was making her forget.  As for my secret?  I’ll carry it to my grave before anybody ever finds out how I put myself and my sisters through college.

Chapter 10 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 10

 

Aspen

 

I watched as Lilly l sauntered to the bathroom. From the look of her clothes, she definitely got laid. I guess Brian wasn’t as saintly as everyone suspected. I didn’t have room to talk considering my sister caught me and AJ in a compromising position. His hands, lips, and body felt so good on mine.

 

“You know if she didn’t come back so soon, I was going to ask you to spend the night.” I said bashfully. “I mean not to have sex, but just to sleep.” My face turned six shades of red.

 

“I knew what you meant. I like you a lot, but you’re a tough lady to figure out.” AJ drew circles on my thigh. “I really want to take the time to find out what makes your tick. You intrigue me, Aspen.”

 

“You know it could take years to learn everything about me.” I said lightly. It was nice hearing myself be flirty. I hadn’t done it in forever.

 

“I’m willing to spend that long learning about you.” He pressed his lips to mine for a quick kiss. “If the offer still stands, I’d love to spend the night with you.”

 

What the hell? I couldn’t believe he was actually going to take me up on the offer. I was unsure what to do. I mean Lilly would be sleeping in the living room. What if Reese woke up? I loved the risk involved with having AJ here without anyone’s knowledge. Would I be able to sneak him into my room without Lilly’s knowledge? I sounded like a teenager….lol.

 

“Okay, but we have to be sneaky about it.” I started to giggle. “Go to my room first. I’ll pretend like I let you out. Then I will tell Lilly Blue goodnight.”

 

“I love it. Which room is yours?” He stood up.

“It’s the door across from Reese’s room.”

 

AJ quickly made his way to my room. He shut the door quietly. I opened and shut the door pretending he had just left.

 

“So is everything okay between you and AJ?” Lilly asked as she came out of the bathroom.

 

“Yeah. I mean we didn’t really talk about what happened.” It was late and I wasn’t up for having a serious chat with my sister. “Lilly, it’s complicated. I’m exhausted and Reese is going to have me up early. I want to talk to you and Jade before the end of the weekend.”

 

“Sounds like a plan. Well, Brian exhausted me, so I think I’ll go to bed now.”  Lilly’s eyes twinkled when she mentioned his name.

 

“So, how is Brian in bed?” I asked facetiously. Lilly blushed. Ha, I knew she slept with him.

 

“Well, I wouldn’t know since we never made it to his bed.” She said with a huge smirk on her face. Lilly was a proud peacock. I was happy for her.

 

“TMI. Please don’t go any further. You and Jade make me question if I was adopted.” I rolled my eyes. I was so different compared to them when it came to sex. They were wild and carefree, where as I was straight and narrow.

 

“You just need the right man. Tell AJ I said good night.” She gave me a hug.

 

I hugged her back. I missed seeing my sisters. I was glad Lilly and Jade were here. “What do you mean? He just left.”

 

“Red, I wasn’t born yesterday. You’re going to be thirty-one tomorrow. This is your house; if you want to have sex you don’t need my permission. I would just make sure AJ’s gone before Reese wakes up. You don’t want her to get attached if you aren’t sure where this is going.”

Lilly was always there to make me question my judgment. This is probably why I overanalyzed everything decision I’ve ever made. I was starting to feel guilty about letting AJ stay. She made me feel like a bad mother.

 

“Lil, we’re not going to have sex. I just miss the feeling of a man holding me in bed. Is that so wrong?” I sighed.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with that Red. I just want you to be realistic. This might just be a fling for all of us. I’ll probably never see Brian again after this weekend. I just don’t want you to get hurt.”  Lilly started getting her bed ready.

 

“For once I’d just like to live in the moment. I’ve never done it and I want to. Can’t I just have this weekend to be fancy free?”

 

“Well then you better get your ass in your room before AJ falls asleep.” Lilly smiled at me.

 

“Night.” I practically ran to my room.

 

When I opened the door, AJ sat on my bed looking at photo album of Reese’s baby pictures. It was like he was entranced by it. I took a seat next to him on the bed. He didn’t even know I was there. I watched him as he looked at the photos and closed the album when he was finished.

 

“Hey, there.” AJ placed a kiss on my forehead. “When did you come in?”

 

“About five minutes ago.” I chuckled. “You were so engrossed that I didn’t want to bother you. Reese is certainly a ham.”

 

“She’s precious. I noticed she’s got your beautiful blue eyes. Does she take after her dad?” AJ asked curiously.

 

I was floored by his question. The few guys I’ve met have never asked me about my daughter as much as AJ had tonight. I found it unnerving. I scooted off the bed and grabbed my nightshirt from the chair.

 

“Yes. Reese got his looks and personality. I’m thankful for that.” I smiled as I changed my clothes.

 

“Do you mind if I ask, where’s her father?”

 

I flopped down on the bed and got comfortable. This wasn’t the night I envisioned with AJ. I figured we’d keep the conversation on fun topics, not dissect my life. I was uneasy about talking about my personal life, but AJ seemed to pull it out of me.

 

“Reese’s father doesn’t know about her.”  I said quietly staring at my comforter. AJ scooted in beside me and scooped me up into his arms.

 

“That has to be hard. Was it by choice that he doesn’t know?”

 

Now I was going to have to tell AJ the truth about everything. Not even my sisters knew about this. I had kept it a secret for the past four years.  My heart was conflicted. I needed to get it out; I had been holding it in for way too long.  On the hand did I trust AJ enough for him to be the first one to know?

 

I realized that I may never see him after this weekend. If I told him, it would give me the strength to tell my sisters the truth. I decided to pour my heart and soul out to AJ.

 

“Let me start from the beginning. I was with my ex, Sebastian since the first week of college. I was at a point in my life where I realized it wasn’t fair for Lilly to have to take care of me. She did that her whole life. Once I found Sebastian, I started to slowly distance myself away from my sisters. They needed their own life.” I stopped to collect my thoughts. “When we graduated we moved to Cali. I loved Sebastian, but I don’t think I was in love with him.”

 

“You wanted someone who could take care of you. There’s nothing wrong with that, Aspen.” AJ rubbed my arm gently. It was nice to feel his touch on me.

 

“Things were going great, until about four years ago. We got into a huge argument over something stupid. I don’t even remember. I was so upset that I ran off and ended up at a bar. I ended up getting blasted and met this guy who was clearly as intoxicated as I was. Well, we ended up at his house.”

 

“Aspen, relax. It’s okay. We all do things we aren’t proud of. I’m the textbook case of screw up.” He started rubbing my shoulders. Instantly I started feeling calm.

 

“I’m not the kind of girl that has one night stands. I’m sure you get that prim and proper vibe from me. I was the one who always followed every rule.” I stared at the ceiling. There was no way I could look AJ in the eye while telling him my story.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I wished I followed to rules more often.” He kissed me on the top of my head.

 

“So, when I woke up the next morning, I ran away before the guy woke up. I was sickened by the fact that I would cheat on my boyfriend. A few months later I realized I was pregnant. I came clean to Sebastian. We broke up that night at the restaurant we ate dinner at tonight.”

 

“Shit, no wonder you left.”

 

“Yeah.” If that’s what he wanted to believe, I was going to let him. It was more than just that, but he didn’t need to know that. “He let me stay in the house and he moved out. About a year ago, his new girlfriend got pregnant so he asked for the house back. I couldn’t say no, he owned it. Reese and I ended up living here.”

 

“Baby, wow, that’s a lot to deal with.” AJ said with a hint of sadness.

 

“Please don’t pity me. I have a daughter I love and a business I enjoy.” I moved out of his embrace.

 

“Aspen, I don’t pity you. I think you are remarkable. You are a great mother. Reese is lucky to have you.”  He pulled me back in his arms.

 

“The thing is, my sisters don’t know the truth. They think Sebastian is Reese’s dad. I never told them any different.”

 

“Why is that?” AJ looked me in the eyes.

“I didn’t want them to know I screwed up.” I answered honestly. “It was out of character for me to have sex with a stranger.”

 

“Aspen, but look what you got out of it. You have a beautiful little girl that loves and adores you. She was meant to be.”  AJ lifted my chin up. His lips hovered close to mine. I grabbed his face and pulled him near.

 

I slid all the way down on the bed. AJ covered my body with his. We started kissing and touching all over. For some reason it felt right. AJ pulled back and rolled off of me.

 

“Wow that was amazing. You’ve got me feeling things I haven’t felt in a long time.”

 

I yawned. “Sorry. I have to agree. I think we better get some sleep. You have a special performance tomorrow.”

 

“I’m sure Nick isn’t getting much sleep tonight.” We both laughed.

 

“Knowing Jade, she’s making up for lost time. Brian and Lilly got lucky. I think it’s been a pretty good evening.” I placed a kiss on his cheek.

 

“I know it’s been one the best for me. Now, let’s get some sleep.” AJ pulled me against his body. He wrapped his arm around me and we settled in for a nice, peaceful sleep.

 

 

 

End Notes:
Hope you are enjoying the story!
Chapter 11 by colorguard_diva

Sisters

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 11

 

Jade

           

                Before we even begin to undress, his phone starts ringing.  He bites my neck gently and says, “Don’t move, don’t breathe.”

            I sigh and say, “Not to worry, there’s no way I could.”

            He answers his phone by saying, “Carter.” I almost giggle.  Then he says, “What do you want, Paige?” His ex.  Great.  He says, “No, we’ve said all we had to say. I don’t need to see you.”  Another long silence, followed by, “OK, fine. I’ll see you Sunday.”  My heart falls to my feet as I turn away from him and look out the window at the moon. He says, “Good bye, Paige.”

            After he hangs up, I feel him step up behind me. He says, “Sorry about that.”

            I shake my head and manage to sound normal when I ask, “Everything ok?”

            He slides his arms around my waist and says, “Who knows?” Pushing my hair aside, he nibbles on my neck, causing me to shiver, and says, “Let’s not talk about anything but us, Jade. Damn, your skin is still so soft.”

            I sigh, feeling my body weaken under the touch of his lips.  His hands slowly slide down my thighs and he grips the bottom of my dress, working it up my legs.  When he tugs it up over my hips, I feel the material of his slacks rub against my ass and I wiggle back against him.  He works his fingers into my thong and whispers, “Still a horny little minx, aren’t you Jade?”

            I sigh and whisper, “I always have been for you, haven’t I, Nick?”

            He pulls his hand from my thong and spins me around. I watch as he licks his fingers before he says, “Still sweet too. Let’s get you out of that dress.”

            I step back and let it fall, saying, “You first.”

            I watch as he strips off his shirt.  He unbuckles his belt and opens his pants, saying, “You just gonna stand there?”

            I smile wickedly and say, “Oh no, I have a surprise for you. I’m assuming you have a stereo in here?”

            He kicks aside his pants and stands before me in white boxer briefs. His cock rock hard and lying against his stomach. He says, “Of course. Do you need music?”  I just nod and the evil smirk that appears on his face makes me quiver. When the music starts, he sits in a chair in the corner of the room and waits.

            I kick off my shoes and let my hips start swaying.  He starts rubbing himself through his shorts, his hand moving in time with the swaying of my hips.  I inch my dress up my thighs and he moans.  I give him a teasing glance at my thong before dropping my dress again. I spin around putting my back to him and slowly start working the zipper down my back.

            When I turn back to face him, I see the hunger in his eyes.  They’ve darkened to the deepest shade of blue and I’m thrilled it’s because of me.  I slowly work the dress up again, crossing my arms and gripping it to pull it over my head. I toss it aside and watch as he leans forward in his chair.  I lift my foot and put it on his chest, pushing him back. I say, “No, no, Mr. Carter. I’m not finished with you.”

            He falls back and grabs my foot. Planting a kiss on my calf, he says, “Damn girl, you’re driving me crazy.”

            I gyrate in front of him some more, turning once again till my back is to him. I hook my thumbs in my thong and slowly work it down my legs, moving it in time with the music.  When I step out of it, I turn and toss it to Nick. He puts it to his nose and smells it, whispering, “Fuck, Jade.”

            I smile and step closer to him. I stand between his legs and turn, lowering myself until his cotton covered cock is nestled between my ass cheeks.  He moans and grabs my hips as I start sliding along his length…rubbing his cock.  His fingers dig into my flesh as he groans, “God dammit, I want inside you.”

            I continue my gyrations and whisper, “Not yet.” I turn to face him. I throw one of my legs over his and press my wetness once again to his hardness.  I capture his lips in a lust filled kiss as he thrusts up against me.  By the time we break apart, his briefs are wet, partly from me, and partly from pre-cum.  I stand and pull him up beside me.  I lead him to the bed, but before he sits, I slowly work his briefs down his legs.  I kiss the tip of his dick when it comes into view, but he whispers, “Oh no you don’t! As much as I love your mouth, I want that pussy. NOW!”

            He pulls me to my feet and falls back on the bed, taking my body with him. Our lips fuse together as he spreads my legs with his knees.  I position myself over him and he thrusts upward, burying himself deep inside me. Dear God, how did I go three years without him?

            When we find our rhythm, I feel my body soar. No one has ever brought me the kind of pleasure Nick does. I lean back as he sits up. His lips wrap around one of my nipples as my fingers slide through his hair.  I look down, watching his face as he sucks on first one of my breasts, then the other.  He glances up and sees me watching. Pulling his face away, he pulls me in for a heated kiss. 

            He flips me onto my back and grabs my thighs, holding them down against the bed, opening me up fully to his body.  His face is a mask of lust. He whispers, “God I wish I had a picture of this. I’ve never had anyone with a pussy that feels like yours. So hot and slick…and so fucking tight. JADE!”

            I grab his wrists as my orgasm rocks through my body. He growls and slams deep into me, letting go of his own load.  I feel the heat spreading through my body and I whimper in sheer pleasure.

            When he collapses on top of me, I fight the urge to cry. Many’s the night I’ve dreamed of his body on mine, just like this. Pressing me into the mattress, buried to hilt inside of me.

            He rolls off me and wraps me in his arms, pulling me firmly to his side. As I lay with my head on his shoulder, both of us gasping for air, he whispers, “Damn I missed that Baby.”

            I kiss his shoulder and whisper, “So did I, Nick.”

            He kisses the top of my head and says, “I swear, no one has ever made me feel as good as you do, Jade.”

            I sigh and smile, happy to once again be wrapped in his arms. I say, “Maybe we shouldn’t wait three years to do this again.”

            He laughs and says, “Hell no, I’m gonna be lucky if we wait thirty minutes.  Damn if I don’t want you again and again, woman.”

            I tilt my head back and he looks down to meet my gaze.  I smile seductively and whisper, “Ready when you are.”

            He growls and pushes me onto my back and whispers, “You’re gonna be sore when I’m finished with you Baby.”

            I snake my hands through his hair again and whisper, “I think I can take it.”

            His lips bruise mine with a hungry kiss before he says, “I hope you can.”

 

            When I wake up the next morning, I almost groan in agony.  Nick wasn’t kidding when he said I’d be sore.  As many times as we’ve been together, it’s never been that intense.  Or lasted all night long.  By the time the sun came up, we had made love for close to 6 hours. I lost count of the number of times my body had climaxed.  And Nick?  Dear God, how did he keep that thing hard? I plan on asking him if he was popping Viagra last night.

            When I try to sit up, my whole body protests.  Nick is snoring softly, which almost makes me smile. Instead of sitting up, I prop up on my elbow to watch him sleeping.  He has such an angelic face to be such a horny guy. 

            I have no clue how long I’ve been staring at him when he starts to stir. He slowly opens his eyes and finds me staring at him. I smile and say, “Good morning.”

            He smiles back and I immediately know what kind of mood he’s in. He whispers, “Good morning, Jade. How did you sleep?”

            I let the smile fall from my face and say, “Very well, Master.”

            He grins and says, “MMM, still a good girl. I like that. Whatever shall we do this morning, Jade?”

            I whisper, “Whatever you desire, Master.”

            He smirks and says, “Right now, I know you’re hurting. Aren’t you, Jade?”

            I nod and say, “A little, Master.”

            He pulls me against his body and whispers, “Then we’ll wait to play, Jade. The last thing I want to do is hurt you.”

            I sigh and collapse against him and whisper, “If you want to, Nick….we can.”

            He says, “No, Baby. I want you. I always want you…but we can wait. You need to recover a little.”

            I sigh and say, “Will I get in trouble if I say I’m glad you’re waiting?”

            He laughs and says, “No, Jade. I think our game may change a bit. I mean, yeah, dominating you was fun when I was in my twenties, and fuck yeah, is seems fun now, but I think it’s only fun if you enjoy it too. We’ll explore it more later on, ok?”

            Feeling a bit braver after the night we just shared, I say, “So, you plan on seeing me again?”

            He says, “That’s a joke, right?”

            I say, “No, I’m serious.”

            He says, “Jade…how can you ask that? Of course I plan on seeing you again! As much as I possibly can.” When I don’t say anything, he says, “Why would you think we wouldn’t?”

            Ignoring his question, I get up and grab my dress. Just as I’m pulling it over my head, he grabs my arm and forces me to look at him. He says, “Why, Jade?”

            I shrug away from him and say, “Seems to me Lilly had your attention last night. Wasn’t sure if this was to get me out of your system or get you closer to her.”

            I step into the bathroom and close the door.  Why?  WHY did I just do that? I shake my head and do what I came in here to do.  When I finish, I splash cold water on my face and step out into the bedroom. Nick’s lounging on the bed, wearing a robe.  He says, “We need to talk, Jade.”

            I pick up my shoes and say, “No we don’t. I told you last night Nick that I don’t expect a declaration of love. I just want honesty.”

            He says, “OK, then, honestly, yes, I’m attracted to your sister.”

            Even though I suspected it, I feel the blood drain from my face. I bite my lip and turn away.  When I get to the door, I hear him say, “Don’t you want to know why I’m attracted to her?”

            I shake my head no and whisper, “No, I don’t.”

            I make it downstairs before I fall apart. I hear Nick calling for me, but I can’t face him now. I don’t know if I can ever face him again. I grab my cell phone and run from the house. Once I’m out of his driveway and on the street, I call my agent and ask her to send a car for me. Luckily, there’s a coffee shop a couple of blocks from his house.  I have the car meet me there.

            By the time I get to Aspen’s shop, I feel like I’m under control again. But as I stand outside and stare at the door, I know there’s no way I can face them. No way I can look at Lilly knowing the only man I’ve ever loved wants her.  I turn and run, oblivious to everything around me. Including the car entering the intersection as I run into the cross walk.

           

           

 

           

Chapter 12 by colorguard_diva
Author's Notes:
Since we were unable to update last night, I thought I would give everyone a bonus: 2 chapters tonight. Enjoy!

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

Chapter 12

 

Lilly

 

I laid in bed for the longest time thinking it all must have been a dream but I knew it wasn’t.  I’d made up for three years of celibacy in one night.  I couldn’t wait to touch him again.  He felt so good. It went beyond all the wildest fantasies I’d ever had of him.  I got up and searched Aspen’s kitchen for coffee.  She had a coffee maker. I knew she had to have some somewhere.  Why I didn’t look in the freezer I’ll never know. It’s where I keep mine.  I hit the brew button on the machine then I heard the screeching wheels and ran to the window to see what was going on.  There stood Jade; frozen solid in the crosswalk.  The vehicle just inches from where she stood.  It was early enough in the day that the traffic wasn’t a major obstacle. I was still in my robe but I didn’t give a rat’s ass about that right now. I wondered what the hell Jade was doing in that crosswalk.  I was sure Aspen heard but I dashed down the stairs.  The driver was still trying to gain her attention when I arrived.  “Jade!” I called.  Apparently my voice was the key that unlocked her frigid stance.

 

“Don’t come near me.”

 

“Jade.  Now is not the time.  Whatever it is, come out of the crosswalk and we’ll talk about it.” She was looking at me like I had two heads or something. OH GOD! She found out! What?!  We were consenting adults.

 

“Jade! Listen to your sister!  Come on out of there and we’ll sit down and talk.” AJ echoed basically what I had just said.  He was pulling his T-shirt over his head as he approached the situation. I’m sure nothing happened.  I probably fucked it up for Aspen.  But he was still here.

“I’ll talk to you but I’m not coming over until she’s gone.”

 

This weekend was turning into a royal mess. I should have never agreed to it. I always screw it up no matter how hard I try not to. I looked at AJ.


“I’ll take care of this just so we can get her out of the street,” AJ told me softly enough she couldn’t hear it.


“I don’t’ know what I did Jade but I’m sorry for whatever it was,” I said and headed upstairs. I was sure Aspen was frantic by now.   I was headed toward the stairs when I heard AJ had got her out of harm’s way.

 

“Lils?  Jade?”  Aspen called.

 

“Lils,” I answered solemnly.   Jade was going to kill me. I knew that.  Like I knew about Nick!   And now that I did, I wished I hadn’t.

 

“What’s going on Lils?”

 

“Mommy! I hungry!” Reese whined as I was just about to spill my guts.

 

“Just a second sweetie and I’ll get you some cereal.”

 

“You promised pancakes wif Aunt Wiwy.” She pouted at Aspen.


“Just a minute baby. I need to talk to Aunt Lilly.”


“Go ahead and start it.  Not like I’m going anywhere.”

“Is Jade okay?”

“She’s fine,” I said and followed Aspen to the kitchen. “I think. She wouldn’t talk to anybody until I was gone. I don’t know what I did.”

 

“I do. Nick Carter has got the hots for you.”

 

“Please.” I rolled my eyes at her and asked where her coffee mugs were.  After she grabbed me one, she raised her brow at me because we still had little ears nearby.  Reese had found her coloring book and had made herself comfortable on the fold out bed. “Do you have creamer?”

She reached in the refrigerator and pulled it out; hand on her hip as the other rest on the counter. “Well?”

 

“Well what?” I took the pot off its hot plate and poured my cup.

 

“Nick.”

“What about him?”

“Lilly Blue you are not going to stand there and tell me that boy had a grin the size of Texas on his face yesterday when you brought him and AJ to the shop just because you’re charming.”

 

“I do a lot of things but an Escalade is only so big and I don’t put on shows.”

 

I took a sip of my coffee and gave her a look as the rim came down.

 

“Jeez Lilly.  Don’t you ever want to fall in love?”

“Don’t you ever want to pull that stick out of your butt?” I whispered. “It’s called letting loose.”

“I have a child.”

“I know you do and for eight hours today, you get to be Aspen with us girls. So loosen up a little bit.”

“Please tell me you didn’t.”

“That’s between he and I.  I’m gonna help Reese color a couple of pictures unless you’d like me to help with breakfast.”


“I’m sure she’d love it. Go ahead.” I joined Reese on the bed and she opened the book for two pages to be worked on.  We giggled and carried on. Sometimes I regretted not having children earlier but I took one look at Reese and knew that this was just the way it was meant to be. I was a good aunt. It’s where I was supposed to be. I was all too soon forgotten though when the man with pictures on his arms came into the room.  She had a mad crush on AJ that was for sure.

 

Jade was still giving me the cold shoulder when she walked into the kitchen with Aspen. I know I screwed up but I didn’t think Nick would be stupid enough to say anything to her after finding out we were sisters. Unless he was just sick enough to want us both. Brian was better. Much, much better. Not that Nick wasn’t good but I only got a sample of his talents. I don’t put on shows and all Nick and I were doing from AJ’s point of view and sound was necking.  Nick’s fingers did find their way underneath my panties and the minute he hit that spot, his lips concealed my “OH FUCK!” before it even came out.


“Can I borrow your Aunt Lilly for a minute?” AJ said to the little cutie pie in his arms.

 

There she went whispering in his ear again and he chuckled with a response of, “You got it sweetie.”

 

She giggled and ran off. AJ looked at me. “Let’s go downstairs for a minute okay?”

“Sure.”


I followed him down the stairs.  We stepped outside and around the corner from the door. “I think you better come clean to your sister. “

“Why?”

“Because she thinks you’re screwing him. Fuck you almost did Lilly!  I’m the last to be telling anyone how to run their sex life but you might want to keep it more private. Even I like to keep the pornography at home.”

“And I’m sure your buddy got the same speech only it probably went something like ‘Way to go! I can’t wait for the next show man’.” The fucker had the audacity to call me a slut. Manwhore extraordinaire!  And I thought he was going to be good for my sister.

 

“That was before I knew what was going on with them Tone it down with him is all I’m saying.”

 

I felt bad but I didn’t know they had a thing going and that was after the fact of her telling us. “Is she okay?”

“I haven’t known any of you long enough to know but I have seen the one thing you ladies do have.  You have an amazing bond.”

“Apparently not as tight as we thought.”

“Believe it or not Lilly, your sisters look up to you. You are their rock in those tough times. I almost lost somebody like that in my life because I was doing stupid shit in my life.  Have a little fun but don’t let the magic of it all sweep you away.”

 

“Maybe you should go back up and enjoy the company of my little sister. She’s pretty keen on you.”

“And I’m pretty keen on her but I think I know who your eyes are for and Jade needs to know that.”

I blushed but it wasn’t a big secret who could dip his hand in my cookie jar anytime he wanted. “As for Nick?”

“I’ll take care of Nick.”

 

“What exactly are you going to take care of with me?” Nick’s voice came from behind him.

 

“We need to talk about Jade.”


“That’s why I’m here.  Is she okay?” All the while he was staring down the cleavage of my robe.  The look not going unnoticed by AJ.

 

“She’s fine but I think you should let her cool off,” AJ answered.


“AJ, could you give Lilly and I a minute?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“AJ, go help them with breakfast. I think I can control myself for five minutes.” I gave him a dirty look.

“It’s him I’m worried about.”

 

“Go!”

 

“Did you tell her?” I smacked his chest as soon as AJ was gone.

“No! Did you?”

“God no!  She’s my sister and she’s madly in love with you for some unknown reason.”

 

“Good. I just hate that we have to hide this.”

“Nick I can’t. I had a good time but that was it. I like Brian.”

 

“Lilly. Don’t tease me.”

 

“Stay away from my sister. She deserves better.”

 

“So does Brian……..Lilly of the night.” He turned the corner and headed up the stairs to the last safe haven I had.  My past was slowly creeping up on me. I don’t know how he knew but he knew.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 13 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 13

 

Aspen

 

As I was making breakfast and talking to Jade, Nick appeared. I'd never imagined two Backstreet Boys would be in my house. Jade's body stiffened as Nick entered the kitchen. I wanted to give them privacy, but I was in the middle of making pancakes, bacon, eggs, and hash browns.
 
"Jade we need to talk." Nick pleaded.
 
"Not right now. You've pissed me off. I mean I pissed myself off. Just leave it alone. I'll be fine." She assured him. I knew she was lying. Her voice had change; a clear indication she wasn't telling the truth. Jade didn’t think anyone knew when she was lying, but after years I picked up on it.
 
"Nick, can you please let everyone know breakfast is ready." He walked out giving me a moment with Jade. "Twig, I know you're upset with Lilly Blue. You need to know that she was with Brian last night."
 
"Well, it's good to know I'm not the only slut in the family." She scoffed as she grabbed her coffee cup.

“You’re not a slut and neither is Lilly. I don’t know why it always comes down to the two of you fighting. No guy is worth it, not even Nick Carter.” I placed the food on serving dishes.
 
"Auntie Jade." Reese yelled happily from AJ's arms. The bond between them was surreal. She took to him faster than any other person she met. The same went for him. I groaned inwardly. Life was not fair.
 
"Hi Ree. I see you got yourself a boyfriend." Jade teased.
 
Reese reached over and whispered in her aunt's ear. What was it with all these secrets? My own daughter was hiding stuff from me.
 
As we sat down, Lilly walked in. Nick's eyes went directly to her long legs. She was wearing a short silk chemise and her robe was falling off her shoulders. I saw Nick taking a mental picture of her. Jade was watching him, tears threatening to fall.
 
I got Reese's pancakes cut up. She started talking to AJ. "Reese Elizabeth, chew with your mouth closed." I scolded her.
 
She sighed and gave me a look. Apparently I was bothering her. "Yes mommy."
 
I could see a chuckle forming on AJ's mouth. I didn't think it was funny. Reese was usually a sweet little girl. I didn't need her turning into Miss Attitude as a preschooler.
 
Breakfast was quiet. Jade was watching Nick and Lilly. Nick had his hand on Jade's thigh, but she kept removing it. His eyes were on Lilly's ample bosom. What an ass? He was playing with fire. The Grey sisters were a force to be reckoned with. My gosh he didn't want to piss them both off at the same time.

Things were going to go from bad to worse, if Nick didn't stop. He needed to gain some self-control. Both of my sisters had tempers. I didn't like the fact that he was putting a wedge between them. I saw it happen before and it wasn't pretty.
 
I looked over and saw AJ making funny faces at Reese. She couldn't contain her giggles. I wish he would lavish that much attention on me. How pathetic was I? I was jealous of my daughter.
 
"Just stop it Lilly!" Jade commented with a bite.
 
"What? What am I doing?" Lilly asked with a smile.
 
"Stop looking at him that and pull up your nightgown. You're giving a free show." Jade pushed her chair away from Nick.
 
He looked pissed and amused at the same time. I'm sure it got him off, having two sisters fighting over him. He didn't realize that Lilly really didn't want him. She just liked playing the game. For some reason, Lilly wouldn’t allow herself to fall in love. I was hoping that maybe Brian could be the man to change her mind. But with Nick in the picture at the moment it was never going to happen. Her guard was up and Lilly wasn’t going to let it down for anyone.
 
I knew that Jade was in love with Nick. This was the first guy she had fallen for completely. The love radiating from her eyes was something I wished for all my life. Nick needed to pull his head from his ass.  He was going to lose out on the best thing for him if he continued to ogle Lilly. His eyes showed lust for Lilly but that was it. When he looked at Jade it was completely different. His eyes twinkled with love.
 
"I'll wear whatever I want. I can't help it that men like my body."
 
Jade snorted with laughter. "I don't see AJ looking at your ta-tas."
 
"Mommy what are ta-tas?" Reese asked curiously.
 
I glared at Jade. She mouthed sorry to me. I took a breath before answering. My family was going to give me gray hairs before I was thirty-five. "Aunt Jade was just commenting on Aunt Lilly's earrings."
 
"Silly Aunties." Reese started giggling.
 
Nick scooted his chair closer to Jade. She was ignoring him. "Why, Lilly? First Nick, then Brian. Is AJ next? I'm sure you want a taste of all of them before you decide which one to put your claws in to." Jade remarked rudely. Okay, that was a low blow, even from Jade.
 
"Why are you such a bitch? You have no room to talk with your sexual history." Lilly countered.
 
AJ picked Reese up and took her into the living room. I had to thank him later. Nick was sitting there with a smug look on his face. I wanted to smack him.

“Well, if I’m a bitch so are you. You know what; if you want Nick take him. Apparently, I’m only a good fuck to him.” Jade glared at Nick. He slunk down in his seat.

“At least you’re good at something.”  Lilly cackled. This was ridiculous coming from grown women.
 
"Go to hell Lilly!"
 
"I've been there since you've arrived. I'm sick and tired of how perfect and wonderful your fucking life is. You're successful, gorgeous, and can have any fucking man you want. The rest of us are just useless compared to you." Lilly yelled.
 
Things were starting to get out of hand. I had to do something. "Can the two of you stop? This was supposed to be my weekend. All you're doing is ruining it." I said softly.
 
Jade stood up ignoring me. "Well, then I suggest you cool off." With that Jade picked up her glass of orange juice and dumped it over Lilly's head. “You won, Lilly, but at least I have a part of him you will never have. I'm out of here. Fuck off, bitch. "
 
With that Jade bolted from the kitchen and my house. I frowned at Lilly and Nick. He jumped up to follow Jade. I hoped AJ would stop him.
 
"What Aspen?" She glowered at me.

"You think everyone has a perfect life but you. Did you really think Jade deserves to be treated this way?"
 
"Why do you have to take her side?" Lilly started drying off with a dish towel.

"Lilly, get over yourself.  Jade might be a bad ass, but it's all an act. She's more sensitive than you think. She’s in love with Nick, you idiot. Why are you trying to ruin that?" I explained as I started gathering the dishes from the table.
 
"What about my feelings? Mine never seem to matter." Lilly said sadly.
 
"Give me a minute to call Jade. Then we can discuss this."
 
I called Jade and it went straight to voicemail. I left her a message. I wanted my sisters to get along. The bond we had years ago was missing. We needed each other more than we thought. Now it was time to talk to Lilly.
 
She had changed into dry clothes. "Red, I'm sorry about today. It's your birthday, and I've ruined it."
 
"Lils, it's fine. You need to stop thinking mine and Jade's lives are perfect. We both are human."
 
"Red, you have a beautiful daughter and a successful career." Lilly pointed out.
 
"I'm far from perfect. My job requires a lot out of me. I don’t get to spend a ton of time with my daughter. That is not the type of mother I want to be. Sebastian isn’t Reese’s father.” Lilly looked at me like I grew three heads. “I had a fucking drunken one stand with AJ fucking McLean and got knocked up. How's that for perfect?" I said sardonically.
 
"Aspen, is that true?" AJ stared at me from the door. I couldn’t read the look on his face. His eyes turned dark as he stared at me.
 
Oh, shit. I couldn't deal with this at the moment. I had to find Jade before I talked to AJ. I didn't know what to say to him. This wasn't how I wanted him to find out about Reese being his daughter. Why was life so cruel?
 
"AJ, we'll talk about this later. Can you watch Reese while Lilly and I go search for my sister?" I couldn’t deal with my sisters and AJ at the same time. It was just too much to handle. My heart was hurting for AJ and my daughter, maybe even myself. Reese wasn’t completely mine now and that frightened me. What if he took my baby away from me?
 
"Of course, we will have that talk before the day is over. Go find Jade." He said coldly and left the room.

“Let’s go Lilly.” I whispered. My mind was in two different places.
 
"I'm not going."

“You are, too. Lilly, you helped cause this mess. We, Grey sisters need to stick together. No man is worth losing a sister over.” I grabbed my car keys.

“Jade doesn’t want anything to do with me. She hates me. It would be better if I didn’t go.” Lilly wasn’t budging.

"Get your ass up and let's go." I wasn't doing this on my own. “We’re going to find our sister and get past this shit with Nick. If you two need to beat each other up, so be it. I will not have either of you in my house again, if this continues. You both need to grow up.”

“Fine, Red. Just stop trying to be a mom to Jade and me. We’re grown adults. Just worry about Reese’s well-being.”

I chose to ignore my sister. She was in bitch mode and didn’t care who she hurt. Quickly, we got the car started and we were off to find Jade.

Chapter 14 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between the Lies

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 14

 

Jade

            I didn’t give any of them a chance to follow me. Just as I ran from the building, a cab was cruising by. I flagged it down, jumped in and said, “The Redbury.” Even though I hadn’t planned on staying there, I had a room, just in case Aspen didn’t want me at her place. I knew the girls would be mad that I didn’t tell them about my books. I never dreamed I’d be here because apparently my sister fucked around with the man I love.

            Once I’m in my room, I take off my clothes and jump in the shower. The water is so hot, I feel like my skin is peeling off, but I have to get the feel of Nick’s hands off of me somehow. How could I be so stupid as to tell him I love him?  I must be a fucking idiot!

            By the time I get out, my skin is blood red and tender.  I dry off carefully, pretending my tears are from the hot water and NOT because of Nick’s lust for my sister.

            My phone rings.  I figure it’s Aspen, wanting to make peace, but I’m not in the mood. I glance at my phone, surprised that it’s my agent. I answer, saying, “What’s up, Pam?”

            She says, “Why don’t your sisters know where you’re at?”

            I say, “Because I didn’t tell them. You didn’t, did you?”

            She says, “No, from the amount of shouting in the background, I figured you were better off alone. What’s going on?”

            I say, “Nothing. Not a damn thing.”

            She says, “OK, umm, Jade, are you all right?”

            I sigh, knowing what she’s asking. I say, “I’m fine, Pam. No bad thoughts, I swear.”

            She says, “Good. Remember…I’m a phone call away. So is Dale.”

            I say, “I know. And I’ll call him if I need to. For now, I just want to be alone.”

            She says, “One more thing…did you pick a photograph for the book?”

            I grimace then say, “No. I’m sorry Pam, I can’t…you decide, please. I don’t care. I just…”

            She says, “Jade? Jade! You’re scaring me. What’s going on?”

            Knowing I’m going to cry, I say, “I had a fight with Lilly, that’s all. Please, just take care of it, ok?”

            She says, “I will. Jade don’t do anything stupid, ok? Promise me!”

            I sigh and say, “Don’t worry Pam. I haven’t thought about doing…that…in a long time. I’m not going to think about it now.” After a few more assurances, I hang up. But I lied to her. It’s all I’ve thought about since I saw the look on Nick’s face when he talked about Lilly. The same thing I thought about before, when he left me for Paige. Now, he’s not only meeting Paige on Sunday, but he’s also got the hots for my sister. Why wouldn’t I want to die? What do I have to live for?

I try to push aside those thoughts, because let’s face it; I chickened out the first time. After taking all those pills, I called my best friend Dale. He took me to the ER then had me committed for thirty days. I came out the other side of it feeling better about myself and where my life was going. That was when I started writing Crash and Burn.  Funny how the heroine was suicidal. Maybe there was more of me in that book than I thought. But I won’t have a white knight to rescue me.  Nick doesn’t want me…not just me anyway. He wants Lilly too.

Shaking off the morbid thoughts, I grab a swimsuit and cover up.  Maybe a day by the pool will help me relax.

 

No such luck.  Half an hour into sunbathing and I hear, “Jade, is that you?”

I open my eyes to see Brian standing over me. I say, “Yeah, umm, how did you find me?”

He says, “I didn’t. This is my favorite hotel. Why are you here? I thought you’d be with your sisters.”

Part of me wants to cry. Another part of me wants revenge. Guess which part wins?  I sit up and say, “Not for a while. Why don’t you join me? Care for a drink?”

He sits and says, “Umm, sure.  But I shouldn’t have too much.  Big show tonight and I’m hoping to impress your sister.”

I snort and say, “Then don’t stand beside Nick or she’ll never see you.”

He says, “Umm, what do you mean? I thought you and Nick…”

When he trails off, I say, “Oh, me too. Until he told me this morning he’s attracted to Lilly and the fact that I’ve spent the better part of the last 10 years being his sex slave doesn’t mean shit to him. Or the fact that like a moron I told him I love him.”

He looks at me and says, “Whoa, wait a minute. One thing at a time.  Sex slave?”

I sip my mimosa and say, “Oh you didn’t know Nick likes to dominate his lovers? Oh, don’t get me wrong, it’s good….all but the spankings.”

He shakes his head and says, “Lilly?”

I say, “I don’t know what happened, but I know something did. He gets this look on his face…actually the look he used to have for me. Odds are he found his way into her pants between the airport and Aspen’s.”

He shakes his head and says, “No, I don’t believe that. How could they? AJ was driving them.”

I slide my glasses down my nose and say, “Want me to show you how? I’ve been in quite a few backseats with Nick.” Before he can answer, I stand and take his hand, pulling him toward the pool. 

I jump in, pulling him behind me. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his face to mine. When our lips mesh together, I force my tongue into his mouth. He hands grab my waist, but before he can push me away, I slide my hand down his chest to the top of his shorts. I take my lips from his and whisper, “Trust me, you’ll enjoy this.”

When my hand slips below the waist band of his trunks, I’m not a bit surprised to find a semi-hard on.  I smile seductively and say, “Looks like you’re more into me than you want to admit.”

He says, “Jade…you’re a beautiful woman. I’d have to be dead not to react to what you’re doing.”

I smirk and say, “Let’s go to my room. I’ll give you a taste of what Nick’s had over the years.”

He stares intently into my eyes before saying, “Jade, no matter what happened between Nick and Lilly, if anything, you can’t let it take your sister from you. Nick didn’t know who she was. You can’t blame them.”

His words sink in and my heart skips a beat.  Tears well up in my eyes and I whisper, “But Brian…”

He hugs me close and says, “Shh…don’t cry Jade. Let’s go to your room and talk, ok?”

Once we’re in my room he says, “OK, tell me what happened.”

I say, “I told you, I’m an idiot. I messed up and told Nick I was in love with him.”

Brian says, “You really do love him, don’t you?”

I nod, feeling a single tear slip down my face. I whisper, “Last night was incredible Brian. Just like the first night. Then this morning, somehow we started talking about Lilly…the look on his face…” I stand and start pacing, raising my voice as I rant, “This is why I never told them about Nick. She always takes EVERYTHING from me.  It’s like she has to have anything I love. Even in high school.  Boys dated me to get to her.”

He says, “Jade, your sister loves you. They both do. You don’t really think…”

I nod and say, “Yes, I do. Even if he didn’t know she was my sister when they met, he sure as hell knows now.  Didn’t phase him a bit to tell me he wants to fuck her.”

Brian says, “Jade, did he REALLY say that?”

I sigh and say, “Not in so many words.”

He says, “Jade, listen. I’m attracted to you…but that doesn’t mean I’m going to sleep with you. Maybe that’s all it is, attraction.”

I sigh and say, “Maybe. But I can tell from the look on her face…the look on his. Something happened between them Brian.”

He looks down at his hands and says, “I hope you’re wrong.”

I close my eyes, feeling like a complete jerk for dumping all this on him. I sink deeper into my own despair and say, “I’m sorry Brian. Whatever happened between you and Lilly…well…I just hope I’m really, really wrong.”

Before he can answer, my phone rings.  I pick it up, not surprised to see it’s Dale.  I say, “Give me a second, Brian.” He nods and I answer my phone with, “I’m fine Dale. No need to come running to the rescue.”

He sighs and says, “Pam’s worried sick about you. What happened?”

I say, “Nothing I want to talk about now. We’ll talk when I come home, ok?”

He says, “Willow Jade, be honest with me. How bad is it?”

I sigh and say, “Pretty bad, Dale. But I’m not going to do anything stupid, I promise.”

He says, “You better not. Think about Calleigh.”

I sigh as tears sting my eyes. I whisper, “Is she ok?”

He says, “She’s fine. Missing you.”

I whisper, “Tell her I love her and I’ll be home soon, ok?”

He says, “I will. If you need me, call, ok? I don’t care what time. Just remember we’re here for you.”

After hanging up, he says, “Everything ok?”

I nod and say, “Yes. I think so.”

He says, “So, you’ll give Nick and Lilly a chance to explain?”

I nod and say, “I will. I’m so tired, Brian.”

He says, “Why don’t you get some sleep? I’ll call and find out what’s going on.”

I nod and say, “You do that.”

 

Once he’s gone, I pick up my phone and call Dale back. When he answers, I say, “Can I speak to her, Dale?”

He says, “Sure, hold on.”

When I hear the tiny voice on the other end of the line say, “Hi,” my heart melts. 

Pushing all the sadness aside, I whisper, “Hey, Peanut, it’s Mama.”

Calleigh excitedly says, “Mama, Mama!”

It’s hard to have a conversation with a two year old. But just hearing her voice makes me realize I do have something to live for.  A precious 2 year old named Calleigh Amber Carter-Grey.  The only part of Nick that’s truly MINE.

 

By 10:00 am I’m wallowing in self pity. Not even thinking about Calleigh is getting me past this. When there’s a knock at the door, I assume its Pam. Sighing, I open it to find Lilly and Aspen.  Lilly looks indifferent, Aspen looks pissed. I start to close the door, muttering “Go away.”

Aspen grabs the door and says, “NO! I will NOT allow you two to ruin my birthday!”

Shame flows through me.  I hug her tightly and say, “I’m so sorry Red. I didn’t mean to…I never wanted to mess up your birthday.”

They come in and I go back to lying on my bed, curled up with a pillow.  Aspen says, “I think we need to clear the air about all these secrets here and now. Who’s going first?” When no one speaks, she says, “OK, then Lilly, you’re the oldest. We start with you. What happened with you and Nick?”

I close my eyes. I can’t look at her. Tears seep between my lashes when she says, “We just fooled around a little. Kissing and petting. It never went beyond that.”

I feel sobs welling up inside me and I can’t stop them, no matter how hard I try.  It was easy to pretend it didn’t happen when he was fucking other girls, but touching my sister?  As I bury my face in the pillow and let it all out, I feel a hand on my back. I hear Lilly whisper, “Jade, I’m SO sorry! I didn’t know…if I knew, I wouldn’t have… PLEASE, you have to believe me.”

I know she’s right.  I know she wouldn’t have if she knew. I sit up and grab her, holding on tight. I can’t stop myself from whispering, “Why can’t he just love me? What’s wrong with me?”

Aspen sits with us and we all wrap around each other.  God I’ve missed my sisters more than I wanted to admit. I’m aching to tell them about Calleigh, but not till I figure out what’s going on with Nick.

When the crying stops, Lilly sits back and says, “Twig, listen, I don’t love Nick. I never “loved” him. It’s just…attraction is all.  And honestly, after I met Brian, I don’t…see it with Nick. I’m sorry about this morning.”

I sniffle and say, “No, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I poured my juice on your head.” Turning to Aspen, I whisper, “I’m sorry about ruining your birthday.”

She smiles at me and says, “You’re still here and we’re ok. It’s not ruined. Now, come back to the shop with us.”

Before I can say anything, there’s a knock at the door.  I sigh and say, “Probably Pam.” Imagine how it felt to open the door with Nick standing there, holding a bouquet of rainbow roses.  I don’t say anything. I just stare at him.

Finally, breaking the silence, he says, “I’m sorry Jade. I never wanted to hurt you. You mean SO much to me.”

I lower my eyes, not sure what to believe. He uses his fingers to lift my gaze back to him and he says, “Jade, don’t. Don’t do that. Talk to me.”

I step back and let him in. He stops short when he sees Lilly and Aspen in my room. I close the door and say, “How did you find me?”

He glances at them before turning his gaze back to me. I take the flowers, inhaling their fragrance as he says, “Brian called.”

I grimace and say, “Figures.”

Lilly says, “What’s Brian got to do with this?”

I move back to the bed and sit, saying, “He’s staying here too. He and I talked this morning.”

Nick says, “He’s worried about you, Jade. Are you ok?”

Aspen takes Lilly’s hand and says, “Come on, Lils.  Let’s give them time to talk.”

Lilly leans down and hugs me, whispering, “He is all about you, Jade. I love you.”

I sniffle and whisper, “I love you too.”

After they leave, Nick sits beside me and says, “Jade…I don’t know where we stand. You have to tell me.”

I force my eyes to his and whisper, “I love you. It’s that simple. Either you love me back or you don’t. I thought I could just go on being your plaything…but I don’t know if I can. It hurts too much when you…”

He looks away and I lower my eyes. I should have kept my mouth shut. Finally, he says, “I don’t want to lose you Jade. You mean more to me than any woman I’ve ever known. I just don’t know what I’m feeling inside.”

I lay on my side with my back to him and cry. By now, in my mind, it’s over. All I have left are memories and his daughter. When I feel him lay down behind me, my whole body shakes with sobs. He pulls me close and whispers, “Please, Baby, don’t cry. You’re killing me.”

I turn over to face him, pushing myself fully against him. I whisper, “Nick, is it so bad to think that maybe you could fall in love with me?”

He stares into my eyes for so long, I feel like I’m drowning in his. Finally, he says, “Jade, if I’ve ever loved anyone, it’s you. I just don’t know what love is. I don’t know how to show you that I only want to be with you.”

I pull his face to mine and say, “All you have to do is kiss me.”

 

 

Chapter 15 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

 

Chapter 15

 

 

LILLY

 

 

You know what sucks about being the oldest in this family especially? EVERYTHING!  I felt so wretched but the comment Jade made about me hitting up AJ as well as the other two?  She was right.  I did things just because I could. I wasn’t proud my looks got me more in life but I didn’t abandon that fact either.  So why was I beating myself up you ask?  I guess it’s going to come out soon enough.

 

Lilly Of The Night?  It was a movie.  I don’t think I have to tell you what kind it was for the way Nick was leering at me at the breakfast table.  I needed money and I needed it fast. After the money started rolling in, I just did it for the pleasure.  Sex is my thing. It’s what I’m good at.   I prostituted myself to put myself and my sisters through college after Dad squandered all of our college funds away with his gambling. Mom tried but her heart wasn’t in it. It was somewhere else.  We were the only proof they loved each other at some point. At least until Aspen was born. Beyond that we really don’t know how they started coming apart. But back to me.  If I didn’t love my sisters so much I wouldn’t have started in the first place.  Some of the men I really enjoyed working with, the others; I just focused on something else while they made me their own personal fuck toy and pretended to enjoy it.   I know AJ may have been playing the concerned party in all of this but he was just as guilty as Nick where playing was concerned. The thought was there. They both knew who I was.  He didn’t get the chance thank God or I’d be in the doghouse with two of them. I’m not going to deny the fact that I enjoy sex.  I love it!  Maybe too much.  Maybe more than someone like Brian can handle.

 

The nicest guy in the world but he’s a freak when you get him horizontal.   Now if I could just learn to balance that.  What was I going to tell him? HOW was I going to face him?  I really liked him but even I knew the reality of it.  Once they found out, it was all about the sex. They wanted to fuck ALL night and day. I feared that maybe even he knew about it. So what?  It’s not like you’re gonna marry the guy. You’re just having a good time.  Deal with it when you have to. Go with the flow like you always do in these situations.  

 

“I’m really sorry about this weekend Red. It’s gotten way out of hand and it was supposed to be all about you,” I apologized as the elevator carried us down toward the lobby.

 

“It’s okay Lils. None of us could have seen this coming. Let’s just make the best of it okay?”

 

“So AJ?”

“Something we’ll talk about later okay?”

 

“But you are going to talk to him right?” Fuck! No wonder they hate me. Sometimes I act more like their mother than their sister.  And considering we didn’t have the most attentive one in the world, that’s not a compliment. I was as bad as she was in the sense that I didn’t have any self –respect where men were concerned. Hell, the last man I had any ties to fucked around on me with other MEN!  Doesn’t do wonders for the self-esteem. He was even my first real attempt at a ‘normal’ relationship as well. God did I screw up!

 

“When we get back to the shop I’m going to.”

 

“Good cuz I do still not understand how the hell he could forget you.”

 

“I know you’re trying to make me feel better but don’t okay?”

“Fine! I’ll just shut up the rest of this trip. It seems my mouth is the one thing that’s getting me into trouble anyway.”

 

“Lils come on!” Aspen protested just as the doors slid open.

 

Any other time I would have killed to have those eyes staring into mine but right now I was in no mood to play. From the looks of it, neither was he. He stepped onto the elevator and the silence was deafening all the way down to the lobby. Nobody was talking. Aspen was not one to air her problems in front of others. Wasn’t her style and I was better off if I didn’t say another word today.  The door slid open and he allowed us to exit first.  At least he was a gentleman in public (if nowhere else).

 

“Lilly.” God! How could his voice possibly send butterflies swirling in my stomach? We hadn’t even known each other 24 hours. There was no such thing as love at first sight. I didn’t believe in it so how could it exist?   Aspen gave me an ‘I don’t give a fuck what you do’ glares.

 

” Give me a minute?” I turned to him.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Aspen!” I called as she was nearly out the door.

 

“Leave me alone Lilly!”

 

“I’m sorry Red.  I really am. I just want you to be happy!”

“And I will be. You have to let go. Reese has already got him wrapped around her little finger.”

“And you will too Red. Believe that okay?”

 

“Okay. Go take care of what you need to and we’ll meet at the shop at one okay?”

 

“Okay.” I turned around and there he was. Right in my face. 

 

“We need to talk.”

 

“About?”

“About Nick.”

 

“Why?  I don’t like him.”

 

“That’s not what I hear.”

“Let me guess. He told you he got lucky on the way home from the airport right?”

 

“No, but Jade thinks he did.”

 

“Jade and I’ve cleared things up. “

“So clear it up with me.”

 

“Would you even believe me if I told you the truth?”

“I have no reason not to,” he said as he took my hand.  I’ve got to get this feeling under control.  There’s no way I’m falling in love with this guy. Not one little bit!

 

“Okay, we got a little hot and heavy but nothing beyond kissing happened. So you can send me away if you want. I’m big a girl.”


“I like you Lilly and I don’t want you to go. Come back to my room and we’ll talk.”

“You sure that’s all we’re gonna do?”

“That’s up to you but I wouldn’t say no.”

 

“I have to be back at Aspen’s by one.”

 

“Well we’d better get to going then. That only gives us a couple of hours.” He grinned.

 

Why did that thing go straight to the heart of my body?  Face it. You like him Lilly. Let down your guard. He led me to the elevator and wrapped his arms around my waist as we waited for the cart to arrive.  Once the doors slid open, he pulled me in toward the back.  Once the doors were closed, his mouth was on mine and his hands were all over me.  The flimsy lavender sweater was on the floor and he had backed me into the corner.

 

His body pressed into mine; my leg drawn up around his hip. His lips moving slowly down my neck. “Fuck Lilly! I can’t get enough of you.” 

 

He was working his way through the buttons on the gauzy flowing dress I was wearing when the bell on the elevator signaled the door opening.  False alarm. I reached down between us and started undoing his jeans.  He was so good last night and we were headed for a repeat performance.  His lips were on my neck and my hand was beneath his boxers. He didn’t care anymore than I did if we got caught or not. “God I can’t wait for you to fuck me like you did last night.”

 

His mouth had moved down to my bared breast when I heard another voice.  A familiar voice. One I didn’t want to hear at that very moment. “Rumor has it she’s even better with groups of men.  Mind if I join?”

Brian turned his head and I glared at Nick. Well that ended the party. Why did he have to be such a fucking prick and why was my little sister so in love with him?  Jade deserved better.

 

“Care to explain?” Brian pulled away from me and started pulling himself together.

 

“She didn’t tell you? Lilly was,” Shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe still is a porn star.  She fucked you in the back of the limo last night didn’t she?”

 

I glared at Brian.  I thought he was different.” C’mon Lilly.  I like you but let’s face it; you’re not the kind of girl a guy wants to take home to dear old mom.”

 

“You knew.  You fucking knew!”

 

“So what do you say Lils? Shall we have us a little party up in Brian’s room before the show?” Nick had kept me backed into the corner of the carriage.

 

“I gave that up a long time ago. You’re sick. Stay away from my little sister if you want to remain a functioning member of the male species.”

“You’re hot when you’re all fired up.”

“I dealt with arrogant pricks twice your size Nick. Don’t think I can’t take you down.”

 

“Leave her alone Nick.  It’s not worth it. We had our fun.  Time to move on,” Brian stated so coldly. Didn’t seem like the same guy she met the night before. 

 

Nick backed away and I buttoned my dress up.  I should have known better.  I’m damaged goods. What man would want me after what I’d done?




 

End Notes:
I hope you are enjoying the story. Glad everyone is reading. We all appreciate the reviews we have gotten. It sure is a bumpy ride for these sisters. Stay tuned for more drama!
Chapter 16 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Rachel

 

Chapter 16

 

Aspen

 

When I got back home, it was very quiet. That worried me. Did AJ kidnap his daughter and run for the border? Why was I letting my imagination get the best of me? If I didn’t trust him, I would have never let him be alone with Reese. Things were spiraling out of control all around me from my sisters, to AJ, to everything in-between. I wasn’t sure I liked this feeling.

 

AJ was sitting on the couch when I entered my apartment. He just stared at me as I walked in.

 

“Where’s Reese?” I asked as I took a seat on the chair furthest away from him.

 

“She’s napping. After you left, I gave her a bath and got her dressed. Then she fell asleep when I was reading her a story.” AJ said softly. My heart was breaking. Clearly, he already loved his daughter unconditionally.

 

“Thank you.” I could barely get the words out. My mind was a tornado of emotions.

 

“Are you okay?” AJ moved to the floor in front of me. He placed his hands on my knees. Why was he being so nice to me? I knew he was pissed about my earlier revelation.

 

“I’m peachy keen.” I grumbled. I wouldn’t let myself cry in front of him. I had to stay strong and not let my resolve down.

 

“Is everything okay with you sisters?”

 

I wish he would just get to the point and ask about Reese. I couldn’t deal with all this mindless chatter.

 

“Not really sure. Jade and Lilly are fine for the moment, but we have so much shit between us. We’ve been hiding stuff from each other for years. My family has always been fucked up. This just proves that it never ends.” I remarked bitterly.  I loved my sisters, but I never realized how different we were. Sure, Lilly and Jade were more alike in everything than I was, but time seemed to put a wedge between us.

 

“Every family has their issues.” AJ rubbed my thigh. “No matter what, you still love each other.”

 

“I know we do. It’s just that I’m so different from them. They are beautiful, charming, poised, and everything I’m not. They know how to be flirty and sexy. They enjoy sex.” As soon as I commented about sex, I shut up. I couldn’t believe I let that come out of my mouth.

 

“You don’t enjoy sex?” AJ looked at me perplexed. I forgot he was the sex god of Backstreet.

 

“I did once.” I blushed a deep shade of crimson. “I haven’t had a lot of experience when it comes to sex. I did it with Sebastian to please him. It was never about me.”

 

“What about that one time?” He pulled me to the floor with him. Both of us leaned back against the chair.

 

“It was with you AJ. I know I was drunk, but I was feeling things I never had with Sebastian. It was the first time…” I looked away with embarrassment.

 

“Aspen please don’t shy away from me. I want the truth from you.”

 

“It was the first time I had an orgasm.” My face was flushed.

 

AJ cupped my chin and brought my eyes up to his. “I’m glad that I was the first man to make you cum.” He placed a gentle kiss on my cheek.

 

“But you don’t even remember it?” I couldn’t let myself get pulled into his spell. I wasn’t meant to be in love.

 

“I’m sorry, Aspen. I wish I could remember. I see how much it means to you, even four years later.” He played with my fingers.

 

“It didn’t mean anything. It was one night.” I pushed my feelings aside.

 

“Bullshit!” He exclaimed.

 

“Just cause you’re Alexander Fucking McLean does not make you God’s gift to all women. It was one night. Granted the best one I ever had, but I’ve been over you for years.” There was no way I was going to let him know the truth. Apparently, we had somewhat of an attraction to each other. I wasn’t going to push for a relationship.

 

“Really? Cause I don’t believe that.” AJ backed away from me. “So, I got you pregnant that night?”


“Yes.” I whispered.

 

“Why the fuck didn’t you contact me? It pisses me off that you hid it from me.” His voice grew louder.

 

“How was I supposed to contact you? You’re celebrity. No one would have believed me. I couldn’t just send you a fan letter.” I rolled my eyes. Was AJ really that stupid?

 

“If you had wanted me to know, you would have found a way.” He grumbled as he got up off the floor.

 

“And put that into the media. I’m sure it would have looked great to your precious fans that some woman was claiming her baby was yours. No thank you. I value mine and my daughter’s privacy.”  I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to make the tension go away.

 

“So it was okay for me to miss three years of my daughter’s life. If we didn’t meet yesterday, I still wouldn’t have known.” He yelled at me.

 

“I don’t know what you want me to do. I’m sorry.” I screamed back.

 

“I want to be in Reese’s life.” He demanded while pacing.

 

“I’m not going to keep her from you. She already adores you.” I said sadly. Whenever AJ was around I felt unloved by Reese. She couldn’t help it; she was just a little girl. What if Reese chose him over me? I would end up alone.

 

“Thank you. I want to be a part of her life. Reese needs a dad. I will help financially, too.” He said seriously.

 

“You don’t have to. We can set up visitation when you get back from touring.” I looked out the window. The sun was shining, but in my heart it was raining.

 

“I want more than just the weekends. I’m not going to be that type of dad. I want to be in her life as much as possible. I already love Reese. From the first moment when she ran out of the shop, I loved her.”  He whispered. For the first time in years tears started falling from my eyes. He truly meant it. I felt like shit for keeping him away all these years.

 

 Reese ran into the living room. “Mommy, you’re back. AJ, you stayed.”

 

“How was your nap?” I bent down and picked up Reese.

 

“It was gweat.” She giggled.

 

When I turned around to face AJ, his face was pale. It was like he had seen a ghost. Something was wrong. “Reese, would you like to have a tea party with you dolls and stuffed animals?”

 

“Sure, mommy.” She planted a kiss on my face.

 

“Great. Go get your dolls and animals and bring them in the living room. I’ll set up the table for you.” I let Reese down and she ran to her room. It would take her a while to get what she needed.

 

“AJ, what the hell is wrong? Are you okay?” He was still pasty looking.

 

He didn’t say anything, but lifted up his shirt and turned around. On his back was the identical four leaf clover tattoo I had on the small of my back. It even had the saying Feeling Lucky on it.

 

“Why do you have my tattoo on your back?” I was confused. I started getting Reese’s table ready.

 

“Aspen, it’s the one thing I fucking remember from that incredible night.” He moved in closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. “That tattoo haunted me for months. One day I broke down and drew it. Then I got it tattooed on my back. The guys questioned me repeatedly about it, but I never told them why I got it. I couldn’t stop thinking about you.”

 

I didn’t know what to say. I grabbed AJ’s head and pulled it to mine. The sensation of his lips on mine stirred up feelings I didn’t ever remember having. Something about being wrapped up in him was right. As his tongue entered my mouth, I tried to make my mind shut off. Of course I couldn’t do that. Was I ready to take it to the next level with AJ? Sure there was lustful animal attraction, but I hardly knew him. There was no way I could base a relationship on just sex. I wasn’t that type of woman. Sex was my hang up; there was no way I was going to get over it any time soon.

 

“Ooh, mommy kissin’ AJ.” Reese said and fell to the floor in a fit of giggles. Luckily she fell on a pile of stuffed animals.

 

AJ and I broke apart. He had a big smile on his face.  AJ bent down and started placing little kisses all over Reese’s face. She couldn’t stop laughing. Even I had a smile on my face. AJ already loved Reese with all his heart.

 

I looked at the clock and realized the time. “I hate to break this love fest up, but you need to get to the venue. You don’t want to be late.”

 

“Shit. I forgot about the show.” He covered his mouth when Reese’s eyes started to pop out her head. “Oops, I didn’t mean to say that. Sorry, Reese’s Pieces.”

 

“That’s okay. You pologized.” She smiled at him, her blue eyes sparkling.

 

“Well, sweetheart, I have to go to work. I will come back and play again, if that’s okay with you.” He gave her a hug.

 

“Pwease come back. I love you, AJ.” Reese reached up and placed a kiss on his cheek.

 

I wiped the tears fall from my eyes. I didn’t want AJ to see me breaking down. I was happy that Reese loved her daddy.

 

“I love you, too, Reese.” Then he stood up and walked over to me. His eyes were glassy from unshed tears. “Thank you for giving me the best gift of my entire life.”

 

“You’re welcome. See you tonight.” I watched as AJ left my apartment.

 

He slowly retreated down the stairs and ran into Lilly. “Hey, everything okay?”

 

“Not really, but it’s nothing I care to discuss at the moment.” She put on a fake smile. “Is everything okay with my sister? One of us deserves to be happy.”

 

“It’s still complicated. I’ll let Aspen fill you in. I’m late. See ya later, Lilly.”


With that AJ was off to the venue and Lilly was off to get ready for the concert with me and Jade. She hoped things would turn out for the concert. She wanted to enjoy time with her sisters and make my birthday special.  She prayed Jade would want it to be a special day.

 

 

Chapter 17 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 17

 

Jade

           

                Nick snuggles with me on my bed a few minutes.  I still feel like I’m chasing a dream with him. Why can’t I just stand up and walk away? Oh yeah, cause he stole my heart and broke it into a million pieces years ago.

            He strokes my hair and says, “Jade, I mean it. I do want to be with you. But you have to realize…”

            I pull away and sit up, saying, “I already do, Nick. Seeing you this weekend has been hell for me. I thought it would be fast.  See you at the concert, then at brunch tomorrow, and then you’d be out of my life again. I thought I could handle this.”

            I hear him stand up.  I close my eyes as he walks around the bed.  He kneels in front of me and says, “Jade, look at me.”

            I violently shake my head no, praying he’ll walk away. He grabs my face and in a gentle, but stern voice, he whispers, “Open your eyes, Jade.”

            When I do, once again I’m falling. He whispers, “Don’t. Don’t do that, I’m not worth it. Let’s take our time and see what happens ok?”

            I nod and whisper, “OK.”

            He smiles at me and says, “I don’t want to lose you Jade.”

            I nod again and whisper, “OK.”

            He kisses my forehead and says, “Listen I’m gonna go see if Brian will cover for me at sound check so we can hang out this afternoon.”

            I sniffle and say, “I can’t. I’m supposed to be at Aspen’s at 1:00.”

            He hugs me and says, “Listen…we’ve had a few bumps, but it’s ok. I promise you now, I have not and I don’t plan to sleep with your sister, ok?”

            I nod and say, “I know you didn’t Nick.” I stand and walk to the window.  I say, “Nick, we’re all adults. If...if you want her now, it’s your decision.”

            He steps up behind me and kisses the back of my neck. A shiver runs through my body when he says, “Now that I have you back, I don’t want her.”

            I put my forehead against the glass and close my eyes. That should make me feel wonderful, but all it means is that he did want her. And when I’m out of the picture once again, back in New York with my friends and my baby girl, he can be with her. That thought alone is enough to make me want to jump out the window.

            Instead I say, “I guess I better clean up and get ready to go to Aspen’s.”

            He spins me around and says, “Tonight, after the show? Can we…?”

            Deciding if it’s the last night I’ll have with him, I’m going to make DAMN sure he doesn’t forget me, I say, “What do you have in mind?”

            He smirks and says, “Tonight…I want to play.”

            After kissing me sensually, he turns and walks away, leaving me horny and heartbroken.  Then an evil smile plays across my face. He wants to play, does he? Oh, we will play. Only this time, we’re gonna play by MY rules.

 

            After a steaming hot shower and a somewhat teary phone call to check on my baby girl, I dress very carefully.  Skin tight, black jeans that ride low on my hips.  When I bend over, the string of my black thong peeks out the top of my pants.  I pull a silky, gray halter top from the closet that shimmers, and slip it on.  I briefly wonder if a bra is in order.  I look myself over and decide not.

            I slip on a pair of canvas KEDS for now, but take my strappy, 4 inch heels with me for the concert.  Nick won’t be forgetting ME anytime soon.

           

            When I get to Aspen’s, she’s giddy as she can be and Lilly looks like the poster child for the walking dead.  When we face each other, I’m not really sure what to say. Finally, she says, “Twig, I would never….not knowing how you feel about him.”

            I nod and say, “I know, Lilly Blue. I’m not really mad at you. Or him.  Just the situation. I’m mad at myself.”

            Aspen sits with us after turning on Mickey Mouse for Reese.  She looks at me and says, “Jade, why are you mad at yourself?”

            I sigh, realizing my sisters are indeed the rock in my life and it’s time they knew the truth. Well, most of it.  I look at my hands on the table and whisper, “After Nick chose Paige, I sort of went off the deep end a while.”

            Lilly says, “What do you mean, Jade? You stalked him? What?”

            I sigh and say, “No. I wanted to die.”

            Neither of them speak. I brave a glance at them to find horror on Aspen’s face and sheer rage on Lilly’s. She whispers, “You tried to…because of HIM?”

            I nod and say, “I was…not well. Dale helped me. If it weren’t for him and Geri, God knows where we’d be right now.”

            Aspen shakes her head and says, “Jade, WHY didn’t you come home? You could have stayed with me, got yourself back on track.”

            I sigh and say, “I spent a month in a facility.  I’ve had regular counseling sessions since then. I think writing Crash and Burn was sort of cathartic for me.”

            Lilly says, “Oh Twig, and here I am making things even worse.”

            I shake my head and say, “No Lils, this one is on me. I thought I had come to grips with it and gotten over him. I thought I’d only see him at brunch tomorrow and it would be done and I could move on with…my life.”

            Aspen says, “Brunch?”

            I chuckle and say, “My surprise for you. We were having brunch with them tomorrow. AJ wanted to meet ‘Lacey Shadows’. I couldn’t resist a chance to see Nick again…be close to him.  I guess I just didn’t realize that even with all the therapy, I’m still not over him.”

            Lilly says, “Jade…you need to slow down. He’s…he’s not the guy you think he is.”

            I nod and say, “I know Lilly. I know he’s not the guy most likely to sweep me off my feet and carry me away. He’s still got his mind on you.” I see her blush and I say, “Lilly, don’t. You’re beautiful. I’m not the least bit surprised that he’s attracted to you.” I glance at Aspen and say, “Red, can I talk to Lils alone, please?”

            She looks puzzled and says, “You’re not going to fight, are you?”

            I shake my head and say, “No. There’s something I think she needs to know and I’d really like to keep it just between us, ok?”

            She nods and says, “I’ll go take Reese a snack.”

            After she leaves, I turn to Lilly and say, “Lils, Nick’s had the hots for you for a long, long time.”

            She shakes her head in confusion and says, “What?”

            I sigh and say, “Nick and I…we used to do some pretty wild stuff. Role playing, if you will. We also…watched a lot of porn.” When the blood drains from her face, I whisper, “Lilly Blue, don’t do that.”

            She says, “You know?”

            I nod and say, “For a while. It’s how you paid for our education, isn’t it?”  She lowers her eyes and nods. I say, “Lilly, Nick loved to watch your work. I was…shocked to say the least, but…it was your choice. Just as…those pills were mine.”

            She grabs my hand and whispers, “If you EVER try that again, I’ll kill Nick.”

            Aspen comes back in and says, “Everything ok?”

            I nod and say, “Yeah. Just clearing up a couple of things. Now, let’s talk about AJ.”

            Aspen blushes and says, “Can we not?”

            Lilly says, “Hell no! AJ is Reese’s FATHER.”

            OK, I did miss something when I stormed out earlier.  My mouth drops open and I say, “WHAT?”

            Aspen blushes and says, “Yes, he is.  I got drunk and we had a fling. A one night fling that resulted in Reese.”

            I think about Calleigh. How I should just tell them. But I don’t.  Instead I say, “Why do we have so many secrets from each other? We never used to be this way.”

            Lilly says, “You’re right. We should just get it all out in the open and be done with it.”

            Knowing that Calleigh is going to be the secret they BOTH are gonna hate me for keeping, I say, “How about we enjoy Red’s birthday and brunch with the boys, then tomorrow afternoon we all come clean. About everything.”

            Lilly stares at me intently. She says, “I think you’re right, Jade. We DO have a birthday to celebrate!”

            Aspen pulls us all into a group hug and says, “We’re gonna be ok, right?”

            Lilly laughs and says, “We have to be. We’re all we’ve got.”

            Reese comes running into the room and says, “Mommy, Mommy where’s AJ?”

            I kneel down and say, “Reese, he had to go to work. But I bet he comes back to see you and Mommy soon.”

            She beams and says, “He pwomised. It’s Mommy birfday!”

            I chuckle and say, “So it is…I wonder if we should give Mommy a present?”

            She jumps up and down and squeals, “Mommy gets a pwesent!”

           

            I play with Reese while Lilly and Aspen dress.  Aspen comes out wearing black leggings and an oversized white blouse with heels not quite as tall as mine.  Lilly?  Lilly’s wearing a somewhat conservative pair of jeans and red blouse. Even though ten years ago, we’d have all been hot and ready for anything these guys threw at us, now it’s…it’s like a game of cat and mouse. Only I can’t figure out if I’m the cat or the mouse here.

            Before dropping Reese at a friend’s house for a sleep over, we give Aspen her gift.  A charm bracelet with three gemstones on it and a heart engraved with the word ‘Sister’.  There’s a sapphire stone for Lilly, a Ruby for Aspen, and Jade for me. I don’t know who cried more when she put it on, us or her.

            After repairing our makeup from the tears, we head out.  We drop off Reese and get to the venue about 15 minutes before the VIP check in.  I change my shoes and when we get out of the car, Lilly says, “Jade, are you TRYING to get someone’s attention?”

            I laugh and say, “Trying to give his memory a nudge, that’s all.”

            Aspen says, “I think you’ll be doing more than giving him a nudge.”

            Lilly laughs with her, then says, “Jade…I know you love him, but…I just have a bad feeling he’ll never really settle down.”

            I nod and say, “I know, Lilly. I’m not pining away for him anymore.” OK, that’s a big fat lie. If they only knew…

            Just as we’re heading in, my cell phone rings.  When I see its Geri, I hit the panic button.  I answer, saying, “Geri, is everything ok?”

            She says, “I’m calling to find out.  Dale says you’ve had a setback.”

            I sigh, wondering how my best friend’s wife can really stay objective as my therapist, but so far, she’s been able to do it.  I say, “I’m fine Geri. Just had an emotional moment, that’s all.”

            She says, “How emotional? What were you feeling?”

            I catch Aspen and Lilly watching me and I say, “Geri, I’m fine. I promise. I’m at the concert with my sisters so…can I call you tomorrow?”

            She says, “You can try. We won’t be home. We have a surprise for Calleigh.”

            I say, “What kind of surprise?”

            She says, “You’ll see tomorrow. For now, have fun.” After a pause, she says, “Jade, don’t go down that road again. I’ve told you if I think you’re a danger to yourself I’ll have no choice but to have Calleigh removed from your custody. I don’t want to, but…”

            I say, “Geri, it’s not going to get that far.  Ever. I can’t…that’s the one thing I CAN’T lose. I swear I’m not going down that road ever again.”

            She says, “Good. Talk to you tomorrow.”

            After we hang up, Lilly says, “You’re not going down what road?”

            I say, “I think that’s one of our secrets for tomorrow, girls. Let’s make this a night we’ll never forget.”

           

            We purposefully get at the back of the line for meeting the boys. I can’t help but feel my heart swell with pride at hearing the fans talking about the new ‘Lacey Shadows’ book about the Backstreet Boys.  Lilly and Aspen keep poking me, grinning.  I smile back, grateful to know my sisters are ok with my writing career.

            When we finally get into the ‘meet-and-greet’, AJ vaults the barricade and sweeps Aspen into a giant bear hug. I feel Nick’s eyes on me. I look at him and smile. The look in his eyes is one of complete lust.  He beckons me to him. I hold up my finger, asking him to wait, then make my way over to Brian, who’s standing alone in a corner, ignoring the shit out of Lilly.

            I walk up to him and gently slide my hand up his arm, mindful of Nick AND Lilly watching me.  I feel bad that I might be hurting Lilly. I should have warned her what I had planned. Keeping my voice low, I whisper, “You ok, Brian? You’re awfully quiet.”

            He looks at me, more specifically at my cleavage, and says, “I did something stupid.”

            I press up against him and say, “What did you do, Brian?”

            He says, “I was mad…and I let my temper goad me into doing something that really hurt your sister’s feelings. Now I don’t know how to fix it.”

            My plan goes out the window. I step back and say, “WHAT did you do to my sister?”

            His eyes meet mine and he says, “I really don’t want to discuss it with you. I just…I owe her an apology. I just don’t know how to…”

            I watch his face. I know he means it. I say, “Go talk to her Brian.”

            He nods, looking around.  She’s nowhere to be seen. He says, “I’m gonna go find her. Thanks, Jade.”

            After he walks away, Nick comes up to me and grabs my wrist. He whispers, “We need to talk…JADE!”

            I shake my head and say, “No we don’t Nick. Not now.”

            He says, “Oh, but we do. We really, really need to talk.”

            I look up at his eyes and say, “About what?”

            He says, “About how delicious you look. About how I’m going to strip off every stitch of your clothing and take you in every position I can think of.”

            Fighting the arousal building deep inside me, I say, “Who says you’re going to do that?”

            He pulls me behind a huge packing crate and slides his hands over my ass, pulling me hard against his body. With his erection pressed against my stomach, he whispers, “I say. Don’t you remember who’s in charge?” I slide to my knees and unzip his pants. He whispers, “Good girl.”

            I look up and see he’s not watching me close; he’s making sure no one can see us.  I reach into my back pocket and take out my first surprise for him. A penis collar. There’s a leash that goes with it, but I won’t need that. Yet. As I pleasure him, I slowly slide the leather around the base of his cock, locking it in place. He looks down, gripping my shoulders whispering, “What the hell are you doing?”

            I tighten it, not too tight…but enough he’s not going to have his erection too much longer, and say, “I changed the rules. I’m in charge tonight. Be a good boy and I’ll give you an extra special treat later.”

            His eyes smolder and he says, “Jade, I know I said I wouldn’t spank you again, but so help me, if you don’t take that off…”

            I giggle and say, “Maybe I’ll spank you, Nick. For now, you better zip up or I’ll put the leash on my new toy and we’ll go for a walk.”

            I hope he believes the bravado. I can’t believe I’m doing this…but I am. He says, “I’ll get you for this, Jade.”

            After he zips up, I put my arms around his neck and whisper, “It’s just part of the game Nick. If you don’t like it, I’ll take it off.”

            He kisses me deeply and whispers, “OH no, I’ll see it through. Then I get to have my fun. Deal?”

            I nod and say, “Deal.”

            After he walks away, I let out the breath I’m holding. I hope I can make it through tonight. If it is the last night I have with Nick, I want him to know exactly what he’s losing. A woman willing to do whatever it takes to make him happy. Including walking away.

           

           

 

 

           

           

 

Chapter 18 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

Chapter 18

 

LILLY

 

 I can’t believe she did that to me after the talk we’d had earlier.  I guess I deserved it after all I’d done.  Lord knows, I’d torn her world apart and had been doing it for years because I thought what I was doing was best for my baby sisters.  No wonder Nick was all over my shit.  He knew from the minute he laid eyes on me at the airport whom I was.  But I was no better. I was going to use him if the opportunity had presented itself.   And I knew the bastard was snowing my sister because if he really had any feelings for her, he wouldn’t have been trying to get up in my game. I felt his eyes on me more than once but he was getting sneakier about it.  I’d even gone so far as to cover myself up tonight. Well I showed a little cleavage. I had to let them know they didn’t get to me. 

 

 I ran off that elevator so quick that afternoon Brian’s head spun.  I know it didn’t faze Nick.  Nothing ever did.  It’s all about him. Women beg to get into his bed (with good reason) but I gave up the group sex a long time ago.  Once my sisters’ loans were paid off, I took what money I had left and ran.  As far as I could from that life but I couldn’t get very far. I finally thought my past was my past.  I guess when you’re young and willing to experiment, it can bite you in the ass down the road.  I finally met a nice guy and even he knew. I was only fooling myself if I thought anybody would ever fall in love with me. I dated one of the producers for a while but even he was the scum of the Earth.  I let him pass me around to his friends.  If it hadn’t been for Jade and Aspen, I would have got out and moved to Australia.

 

And what on God’s green earth had possessed me to believe a man like Brian could fall in love with someone like me?  I’m no better than Nick thinking he can stick his dick anywhere he wants to without any repercussions.  I used my appeal just like he did.  Only now my little sister was involved and I had to keep pushing the bastard away.  I just wanted to feel like a woman again. That’s the only reason I had a little fun in the backseat with him.    Apparently he was bound and determined to have a piece of the porn star before the weekend was over.

 

 I thought I’d found the deepest, darkest corner of that arena and he found me yet again. The boy must be a fucking bloodhound when it comes to women. “You okay Lilly?”

Wiping the tears from my eyes, I replied sharply,” I don’t know why you give a fuck.”

“Look Lils, I’m not gonna lie and say that I want to sit and chat because let’s face it; I’ve seen you in action. “

 

“So my sister tells me.”

“Well I did get more out of it than she did.   So what do you say Lilly of the night?  You could have a two-fer this weekend and Jade would be none the wiser.”  As he backed me toward the wall.

 

“You’d love that wouldn’t you?”

 

He smirked.” What I’d really like is to make it a family affair and have you and Jade in my bed.”

 

“Somehow I don’t think Jade’s into sharing as much as I was.”

“But you still would right?” His finger slid down the curve of my cheek.  Fuck I just wanted to hurl but I was gonna play his game just to see how far he’d push it.

 

“I’d never do another woman with a man again but give me a couple of guys and perhaps we could do business.”

 

“Then why did you run out of the elevator like a scared little virgin this afternoon?”


“You just caught me off guard is all. “

“But you were all over short stuff in that elevator.”

Pressing up against him, I whispered on his lips, “That’s because I like him better than you.”

“But you do like me,” He replied as his hands went to my waist; holding me firmly against his body.

 

“I could but you don’t make it easy.”

“What do I have to do?”

“Just what you’re doing right now.” I saw the look of horror on his face when he realized he was having to beg a woman for sex.

 

“I don’t beg.” And his grip loosened on me.

 

“Funny. That’s all you’ve been doing since we met.”   I was feeling down but I was getting a big old boost of self-esteem knowing that Nick Carter wanted something he couldn’t have.  Cruel maybe but he was leading my little sister on and the asshole deserved it.

 

“If you say so.”

“You’ve got some fucking ego on you. You know it’s the truth. Just God forbid any woman turn you down!” He got a firm grip on my arm and I attempted to jerk away. “Let go of me!”

“Not until you admit that I never begged you for anything.”

 

“God Nick!  Is your pride so important you have to hurt a woman because she turns you down?”

“I agree. Let her go Nick.”

A voice I didn’t want to hear and was thanking God had shown up when he did.

 

“Well, well. Prince Charming to the rescue.” Nick turned after releasing his grip on me.

 

“Give it up Nick. She’s not interested,” Brian said.

 

“She was yesterday.”

“Leave her alone!”

 

“You think she likes you any better than she does me right now?  She couldn’t wait to get away from you.”

 

“That was my mistake.  One I’m hoping she’ll forgive me for.”

“I’m sure she will because you can do no wrong. She used goods Bri.   She’ll move on once she’s had enough of you. “

 

Brian lunged at Nick and took him down to the ground.  Nick may have size on him but the sheer force Nick hit the ground with even I could feel.   I wasn’t sure if I should be happy or not.  Nick was right about me being used goods. But that’s all he was right about.

 

“Do you really wanna die over the gangbang slut Rok?” Nick had taken control and had Brian on his back.

 

“People change Nick. That’s not who she is anymore.  You’re the only one that hasn’t changed!” Brian managed to resume his position of power.

 

“Please stop you two. I’m not worth it!” I ran off in tears.

 

Just as I was rounding the corner, I nearly tore AJ and Aspen’s hands apart trying to get away.  AJ stopped me. “Where’s the fire Lilly?”

 

“I can’t. Just……. Just…… just make them stop!   I can’t take it anymore!”

 

“Lils, what’s going on?”  Aspen took me aside.

 

“Brian…Nick….they’re going at it like a couple of high school boys fighting over the prom queen.  I’m not worth it!”

 

Aspen took me in her arms as I blubbered uncontrollably.  All I could hear was her asking AJ to see what was going on (even though I’m sure they could hear it). “Lilly, please look at me.”

“What?” I pulled my face away from her shoulder. Oh God! Her beautiful white shirt was a mess thanks to me.  I kept screwing this weekend up.  She looked down at it then looked back to me.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m sure AJ has a t-shirt I can wear. What’s going on?”

“After you left yesterday, when I got back on the elevator with Brian, Nick joined us.  Apparently my past came up. Something I didn’t want Brian to know and something you don’t need to know about until after brunch tomorrow.  I keep ruining this for you Red. You must hate me.”

“Lilly, I don’t hate you.  Okay, at first I did because I didn’t want my past getting dredged up but I’m kind of glad you did now.  So why it is Nick’s all hot on your case?”

“Tomorrow please Aspen. I just wanna leave.  I don’t want to talk to Brian.”

 

“I don’t think you’re gonna have a choice in that.”

 

I turned my head to see him remarkably unbruised.   Well not where it would be visible maybe but I was still mad at him. “I don’t want to talk you.”

“I don’t blame you but I think you need to hear what I have to say.”

 

“I’ll just leave you two alone. I need to find another shirt anyway,” Aspen excused herself and left us alone.

 

“You made it perfectly clear you don’t want any part of me.” Somehow I’d managed to pull myself together despite what I must look like to him right now.

 

“I must really hate you if I was coming to your rescue,” he shot back.

 

“Why did you then?”

“Because I like you.”

“Oh yeah.  That was real obvious.”

 

“Look Lilly, I’m not perfect and I’m not proud of what I did.  I let my pride get in the way.  I know you’re not the same person you were five years ago. I’m not.  I’ve made more mistakes than I’ll ever admit to but Nick’s got it in his head somewhere that just because of what you did, you still do.”

“So you had no idea?”

“I didn’t know until he said the words right then and there.”

“You broke my heart!” He wasn’t going to get away with it that easily. I have one despite what any of them believe.  For the first time ever, I felt it being stomped on and torn into a million little pieces. Even the one who liked boys didn’t pound my heart into the ground like this.  I couldn’t control the stream of tears pouring from my eyes now.   I’d only known him twenty four hours and I let him in.  Just like that. I’d only kept the one thing from him.    The one thing that could take him away from me.

 

“Don’t you think I know that?   I feel like the scum of the Earth because it’s not who I am.   We have something Lilly. I don’t want to call it love at first sight but we have an undeniable connection.”

“It’s just the sex.”

“I thought it was at first but the minute Jade showed me your picture, I knew there was something different. I don’t believe in all that karma and what not but if there was ever a reason to start, it’s now.  I’m so sorry I hurt you and if you let me, I’ll show what a good and decent guy I am.”

 

“So you don’t think any less of me for what I did?”

“I don’t understand it.  Maybe you can help me there. Give me a second chance?”

 

I was reluctant to let him get too close but he was right about one thing, we did have something and whatever it was, I had to knock down that brick wall I’d built around myself and let him in to find it.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 19 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Rachel

 

Chapter 19

 

After AJ finished acting like a referee, we disappeared to his dressing room. I looked at my white shirt that was wet with tears and black mascara. It was ruined but I didn’t care.

 

“AJ, do you have a t-shirt or something I could borrow?” I asked shyly. Why did I get so nervous around him? He was just a man.

 

“Yes, I do.” He went over to his bag and brought me back a black t-shirt with a skull on it. It wasn’t me, but it would do for the night.

 

“Umm…thanks.” I took the shirt and placed it on the couch. I turned around and started unbuttoning my shirt.

 

“Aspen, there’s no need to hide from me. I can see everything in the mirror.” AJ stood behind me, whispering in my ear.

 

He reached his hands around me and finished unbuttoning my shirt. I shivered with apprehension. It had been so long since I had been touched by a man. AJ was the last one. He slid the shirt off my shoulders as his mouth moved to my neck.

 

I backed my body into his. AJ continued assaulting my neck with his tongue. His erection was pressed against my ass. I turned around in his arms and our lips met in a frenzied kiss. Hands were roaming parts unknown.

 

“Oh fuck.” Nick started to laugh as he entered the dressing room.

 

We pulled apart, but AJ’s hands were still on my breasts. Apparently he wasn’t going to remove them. My face was a dark shade of red.

 

“Nick, get the fuck out of here. Can’t you see we’re busy.” AJ huffed. I backed away and grabbed the t-shirt.

 

“I need to get ready for the show. Give me five minutes, and I’ll be out of your way.” He wiggled his eyes at us. I wanted to disappear.

 

“AJ, can I speak to Nick alone?” He nodded his head and left the room.

 

“What do you want Aspen?” Nick stared at my face and not my boobs. I was the only Grey sister he wasn’t attracted to. I don’t know why I found that amusing, but I did.

 

“I don’t appreciate that way you’re treating my sisters. They deserve better than that.”

 

“I don’t think it’s any of your business, Aspen.” He remarked curtly.

 

“Oh that’s where you are wrong Carter. My sisters are my business.” I walked over to him. “After my daughter, their happiness is my priority. You’re a stupid ass.”

 

“That’s nothing I haven’t heard before.” He didn’t even blink an eye.

 

“You are a fool. Jade is the best thing you have going for you in your pathetic life. If you didn’t have feelings for her, you wouldn’t keep going back. I don’t know what your deal with Lils is, but leave her alone. She only has eyes for Brian. I see the way you look at Jade. Get your head out of your ass.”

 

“It’s quite endearing that you stick up for you sisters. You know I could warn you about McLean’s womanizing ways.” Nick was acting all cocky. It had no effect on me.

 

“AJ and I aren’t an item. Just think about what I said. You’d be lucky to have a woman like Jade in your life.”

 

I put AJ’s shirt on and left Nick to get ready. I walked down the hall looking for AJ. I spotted him talking to Howie. Howie dashed in his dressing room leaving us standing in the hallway.

 

“Everything okay?”

 

“Yep.” I smiled up at him.

 

“So where were we?” AJ smiled as he pulled me into a broom closet. It was tiny, so we were standing really close to one another.

 

“I think you were kissing and touching me.” I giggled. I was starting to relax. I decided to enjoy tonight.

 

He grabbed the bottom of my shirt and peeled it off me. “I love you in that bra. You’re so beautiful.” He placed kisses on my cleavage, above my white satin bra.

 

“Mmm…thanks.” I purred against his ear. My hands move to AJ’s growing manhood. I slowly stroked it through his pants.

 

“Aspen, I want you.”  He looked up at me.

 

“There’s not enough time.” I sigh frustrated. Was I ready to go there with him?

 

“Five minutes until places.” A stagehand yelled.

 

“Fuck! I’m not even dressed.” AJ pulled me into his body. Our lips are crushed together. We kissed like we’re never going to see each other again. Our tongues swirled together. My hands are on his ass and his hand is where I can’t mention. Both of us are lost in the moment. Time seemed to stand still.

 

“Where the fuck is McLean?” Brian commented dryly.

 

“He was with Aspen the last time I saw him.”  Nick replied.

 

Our mouths broke apart, but our hands remained on each other. “I think you better get your ass out there. You can’t be late for your adoring fans. Plus, my sisters are probably wondering where I went.”

 

“Forget the fans. I’d rather spend my time with you in this closet.”

 

“Go before they kick your ass.” I opened the door and pushed him out.

 

“Why aren’t you ready?” Howie replies annoyed. I can’t help but laugh.

 

When the coast is clear, I make my way out to the crowd. My sisters are sitting there waiting for me. They seem happy, so I know Lilly didn’t tell Jade about what happened backstage. Maybe she was able to work things out with Brian. I hoped so; they made a darling pair.

 

“Hey girlies! How was the opening act?” I took my seat next to Jade.

 

“Where were you missy?”  Lilly asked curiously.

 

I just smiled. Both of my sisters smiled back. Then we all started laughing. I missed times like this with my sisters. I wished they lived closer.

 

“I was in the bathroom. The line was long.” I lied.

 

“Stop lying, Red. This wasn’t what you were wearing earlier.” Jade commented dryly.

 

“AJ spilled his water on me earlier. There was no time for my shirt to dry, so he gave me one of his.” I whispered. There was no way I wanted the women around us to hear. Lilly gave me a look of thanks, for not telling Jade how my shirt really got wet.

 

Tonight was about having fun with my sisters. I wasn’t going to ruin it with Nick’s antics.  I told Nick how I felt about his attitude toward my sisters. I couldn’t believe he was being such a douche. He was going to lose a good thing if he continued with this behavior.  Jade deserved someone who treated her like the goddess she was. Nick needed to step it up or risk losing the best thing in his life.

 

I wanted Lilly to find love and happiness, also. She always seemed to get handed a raw deal when it came to men. Maybe things would work out between her and Brian.

 

“I’m sure he did that on purpose.” Lilly chuckled.

 

“Did you strip for him?” Jade questioned.

 

My face turns a deep shade of crimson. “I really don’t feel like discussing it.”

 

“Something happened. I want to know.” Jade sings. Her eyes were full of mischief. I just know she’s going to taunt and tease Nick tonight. This is going to be a night none of us forget.

 

“You sound like Reese.” I pushed her into Lilly.

 

“I want to know, too.” Lilly said with a smile.

 

My sisters are too much. They needed to know every move I make with a guy. Things have never changed. God, I remember my first date in high school. The two of them snuck in the movie theater and sat a few rows behind me and my date. All was good until we started making out, and Jade hollered ‘way to go’.  Let me say, I never had too many dates after that.

 

“Fine.” I huffed. “He knows the color of my bra, but so does Nick.” Both of my sisters looked at me in shock. Payback is a bitch. I started laughing uncontrollably.

 

“Red, I never thought you’d be the one parading her goodies backstage for all the Backstreet Boys to see.” Lilly exclaimed rather loudly. A few of the girls around us gave me a dirty look. Nothing like having the fans hate you.

 

“Shut up! I’m going to get burned at the stake by a bunch of jealous fans.” I hissed at my eldest sister. “Not all of them saw.”

 

“We’ll stick Lilly Blue in front of you. She’ll get them to back down.” Jade commented.

 

“Go to hell Willow.” Lilly smirked at her sister, knowing she hated her first name. “What the hell is taking so long?”

 

“I don’t know, but I’m guessing AJ had his pants down.” Jade couldn’t stop laughing at her own comment. I looked away with embarrassment. “Oh, Red. You’re so guilty.”

 

“For you information AJ’s pants were not down. He was fully clothed.”  I glared at her. “He just wasn’t dressed for the show.”

 

The lights started to dim in the arena. I was thankful for the show to begin. At least I would have two hours of peace from my sisters. Jade would be fucking with Nick’s mind.  Lilly, I was sure would do something to get Brian to notice her. That meant I could just sit and enjoy the show. There was no way I was going to embarrass myself in front of AJ. I pulled my camera out of my purse. I was going to get some good shots of AJ to put in Reese’ room.

 

The arena went dark and the music started to play. Everything in my crazy life was forgotten when the lights went on and the boys appeared.

 

 

Chapter 20 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies       

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 20

 

Jade

 

            Even though I knew I had, Nick wasn’t thrilled with the penis leash; he did lavish attention my way through most of the show.  That is, until the dipshit behind us decided to fling her arms up in the air and spill her beer all over Lilly. Her blouse clung to her like a second skin and Nick couldn’t take his eyes off her chest. In all fairness, Brian couldn’t either…but Brian wasn’t the man I love.

            Lilly is PISSED that she smells like beer. She’s also pissed about Nick’s attention. She turns to me and I barely hear her yell, “Jade, I’m sorry.”

            I yell back, “Don’t be. It’s not your fault.”

            Thankfully there were only two songs left and Nick was so into the dance routines, he didn’t have a chance to pay attention to us.  When the lights come up, we all sit, letting the crowds thin out before we make our way backstage.

            While we’re waiting on the guys, Lilly sits close to me and says, “Jade, I mean it. I’m so sorry.”

            I say, “Lilly, don’t. I’ve spent years loving a man who possibly can’t love me back. I have to accept that.”

            She says, “I think he does care, Jade. I just don’t think he realizes it.”

            I nod and say, “Maybe. I don’t know.”

            AJ comes in first and makes a b-line for Aspen.  They lock lips, not caring who is looking. Lilly and I share an amused laugh at their expense. Howie and Colleen come in next, both wishing Aspen a happy birthday.

I move away from everyone when I get a text.  My heart melts.  Dale had sent me a picture of Calleigh sleeping in a brand new big-girl bed with mermaids all over it.  She’s still sucking her thumb, but not like she used to. Her tiny little arm is wrapped around her favorite tattered yellow blankie. Seeing her sleeping, my sense of purpose is renewed. As much as I want to have Nick in my life…I have the best part of him and me together. Our baby girl.

I look up to see he’s come into the room. And he’s ogling Lilly like a thirsty man coveting water. I feel my heart plummet and bile rise in my throat. How he can possibly break a shattered heart, I’ll never know, but I can’t do it anymore. I can’t sit by and watch this unfold before my eyes. I can’t watch him choose another woman over me. 

Hell he chose Paige over his own daughter.  He hasn’t even asked me about her and I damn sure know he knows.  When I called to tell him, the bitch answered the phone.  I explained I needed to talk to Nick and she said I could tell her, he was indisposed. So I told her. What did I know, she seemed like a great girl from what I saw in the press.  She was shocked and told me she’d tell Nick.  She put me on hold, but when she came back, I distinctly heard him say, “I just don’t give a fuck.”  That was all I needed to know.

Now he’s doing it again…only this time, he’s choosing Lilly.  I’ll never come first in his eyes. Why am I even trying?  Before anyone knows what’s going on, I bolt from the room. I hear Aspen yell, “JADE!” but I just keep going.  It’s just not fair.  Why can’t anyone love me?

 

Once I’m at the hotel, I realize I can’t stay here. Everyone knows my room number.  I change my clothes, sliding on sweats and a t-shirt.  I call Pam and beg her to let me stay at her place tonight.  She readily agrees because she’s determined to make me talk. After I call a taxi, I make a quick call to Dale, only to get shunted to his voice mail.  I say, “Just wanted to thank you for the text. Didn’t get it till after the show. Hug her for me; I’ll talk to you tomorrow.  Dale…Dale, I’m so stupid. Talk to you soon.”

After I’m in the cab, speeding through the night to Pam’s, I text Aspen and Lilly. “Sorry girls. I can’t do it. Lilly, I love you and always will. Good luck with Brian. Aspen, I’m happy you found AJ.  I’m ok, I promise. Gonna stay with a friend.  See you for brunch, I promise. Love you both.” I switch off my phone so the barrage of calls and texts will stop. 

 

I wake up at 8:30 the next morning. After breakfast with Pam, I head back to the hotel. I think carefully about what to wear for my last meeting with Nick.  Always before, I went for sexy, eye grabbing and alluring. Not today. Today, he’s going to see me for what I really am. I’m a real woman, with a real, soft side.  And quite possibly and un-fixable broken heart.

I stare at myself in the mirror, hardly believing it’s really me.  The soft white dress I chose makes me look almost pure and innocent.  I’m not even showing cleavage and it hangs well below my knees. The gold chain link belt around my waist is the only adornment I wear. That and earrings. No necklace, no rings, no bracelet. I let my hair fall in soft waves around my face and take extra special care with my makeup.  I tell myself it’s not for Nick, but it is.  I want him to see me as a woman…not just a quick fuck.

When I get to Aspen’s, the door is open and I let myself in.  Reese sees me first with her mouth full of Rice Krispies, she says, “Auntie Jade so pwetty.”

Lilly and Aspen look up, both their faces bathed in relief. Then both their mouths drop open as if they are seeing me for the first time.  Lilly finds her voice first and says, “Jade…God, you look STUNNING!”

I blush and smile, pleased with her compliment.  Aspen says, “Is that really you, Twig?  Oh my God you’re beautiful.”

I hug them both before sitting down and say, “Thanks.” Giving Aspen my full attention, I say, “I’m sorry I ran out on your birthday.”

She lowers her eyes and says, “It’s ok, Jade.”  She clears her throat and says, “Jade, last night….well, I did something kind of stupid.”

Lilly said, “If you’re talking about stopping me from kicking him in the balls, then yeah you did. Everything else was justified.”

I roll my eyes and say, “What happened?”

Aspen says, “Well…you know me. I sort of went off on Nick. With both barrels.”

I say, “What did you say, Red?”

She stares down at the table cloth and I can see she’s trying to find the words…finally Lilly says, “She told Nick if you tried to hurt yourself again she’d let the whole world know what a slimy, inconsiderate, rotten piece of shit he really is and tell them how he used you.”

I close my eyes.  Aspen says, “I’m sorry Jade. I was so worried and so mad at him.  My mouth moved faster than my brain. Please don’t hate me.”

I open them and say, “I don’t Aspen. It’s ok, really. I’m…I’m beyond that point of my life. I didn’t even think about it last night. I had much more important things on my mind.”

Lilly says, “What’s going on Jade? I figured you’d be a basket case this morning. Why aren’t you totally freaking out?”

OK, how stupid is it that three adults forgot the 3-year old munching on her cereal?  It’s at this moment Reese pipes in and says, “Mommy, I bored.”

I look at Reese and smile.  While Aspen clears her place, I say, “Reese, come sit with me.  I have a secret to tell you, Mommy and Auntie Lilly.”

After she climbs up on my lap, I take my cell phone from my purse.  I get really serious with Reese and say, “Now, if I tell you this secret, you have to promise not to tell anyone. Even AJ, ok?”

She nods solemnly, her little face alight with curiosity.  I’m not really worried about her telling AJ.  I doubt she’ll remember too much what I’m getting ready to say.

Aspen says, “I don’t know if I can handle too many more secrets.”

Lilly says, “What’s going on, Jade?”

I pull up the last picture on my phone and show it to Reese.  She says, “Who’s that?”

Taking a deep breath I say, “That’s your cousin, Calleigh.”

I look up to see Lilly and Aspen both turn white as a sheet.  Lilly recovers first and says, “Baby? You have a baby? With who?”

I hand her the phone.  She stares at my little angel, then looks at me and says, “You’re not serious!”

Aspen gets the phone.  Knowing her reaction will be much more vocal, I say, “Reese, I think you better go to your room. We’re gonna have a grown up talk.”

She hugs me and says, “OK. Will you pway wif me?”

I say, “Sure thing. We’ll have a tea party in a while. Why don’t you go get out the cups?”

After she leaves, I turn to Lilly and Aspen. Both are crying their eyes out, staring at my phone. I whisper, “I’m so sorry. When…I was 3 months pregnant when I took the pills.  Dale and Geri had me committed and when I got out, I moved in with them. I still live with them. They have a little boy that’s 4 months old. I just bought a huge new house for us.  Geri is my therapist and even though it’s a conflict of interest to be living there…they saved my life. I wanted to tell you both. I didn’t know how. I didn’t know what to say to make it ok because I knew you’d be mad as hell that I even contemplated suicide, let alone that I tried.”

Lilly sniffles and says, “We’re not mad, Jade. At least I’m not.  Not at you. I’ve been so self-absorbed keeping my own secrets that I never stopped to even consider you could be going through something so serious. Even when we went for months without talking…I should have known something was wrong.  I just chose to be happy that I didn’t have to explain my life to you two.”

Aspen looks at me and says, “Jade, she’s beautiful.” I just smile and take my phone back, going through other pictures for them. In one, we’re outside at a petting zoo and our faces are close together. Aspen says, “She’s Nick’s daughter, isn’t she?” I nod and she says, “You didn’t tell him?”

I say, “I did call. A few weeks before she was born. Paige answered the phone. She didn’t let me talk to Nick, but at the time, she was all goody-goody in the press. So I told her. She told Nick. His exact words were ‘I don’t give a fuck’ so I never called back.”

Lilly says, “What did he say when he saw you?”

I say, “Nothing. He didn’t mention her and neither did I. Instead I chose to blurt out I was in love with him. And he still doesn’t give a shit.”

Lilly goes through all the pictures on my phone as she says, “In all fairness, Jade, I think he does care.  He was beside himself last night after…after he found out. I don’t think…I think he’s aware now of how his actions affect others.”

I say, “What else happened?”

Aspen says, “He wanted to come find you. We all did. But Brian stopped us. He told us we had to trust you because you did text us you were ok. He told Nick it was time he grew up.”

Lilly says, “Be honest, Red. He told Nick to stop being a fucking douche and open his goddamn eyes to the best thing that’s ever happened to him. We all let him have it.”

I sigh and say, “I wish…I wish I had said no to this weekend. Red, I’m sorry, but I’ve just caused nothing but problems.”

She scoots over next to me and hugs me tightly. She says, “No, this is where you belong. Home with me. I want you to bring Calleigh home, Jade. I know you love Dale and Geri, but you should be here. Please?  Come home.”

I hug her tightly, refusing to cry. When we pull apart, I say, “Only if you let me buy you a house. This is no place for you and Reese to live.”

She stammers, “You…I…Jade, you can’t!”

I laugh and say, “I can and I will. I have the money Red. The only person I spend it on at the moment is Calleigh.”  I look at Lilly and say, “You coming home too?”

She says, “I don’t…I don’t know.  I guess it depends on…Brian.”

I look back and forth between them before I say, “OK…spill it.  I want to hear about last night. What happened with Brian?” Turning to Aspen, I say, “And AJ?”

They both sort of blush and Aspen says, “Brunch is at 11:30, right?” I nod and she says, “Come on, then. Lilly and I have to get dressed; we’ll talk in my room.”

 

 

           

                       

 

Chapter 21 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

 

Chapter 21

 

 

LILLY

 

 

If you’d have asked me fifteen years ago if I wanted to meet Nick Carter I would have said tell me when and where. Now I want to throw the guy off the top of the Empire State Building for what he’s doing to Jade.  And me.  It’s bad enough that I feel worthless but to have him keep reminding me of that past I came from makes me feel like the lowest form of life on Earth.  I love my sisters and would kill for them if I had to but I was coming to the conclusion he wasn’t worth it no matter how much hell he insisted on putting me through this weekend.  Jade had gone through hell and back because of a man.  I’d been there because of men and now one was doing his damnedest to tear this family apart.  I wasn’t going to let him. I’d put myself on the line if I thought it would save either Red or Twig’s reputations.   Mine was already long gone.  All because of a guy I was dating my freshman year in college. I thought I’d met a great guy and had confided in him about what my Father had done to spoil the opportunities my sisters had to get into some of the best colleges in the country.   He was the first guy I was ever intimate with and due to my natural curves and long legs, he suggested I do some soft core pornography.  I figured I’d do the one, make enough money to pay off my first year of school then get a normal job to get them through.

 

As you can tell things didn’t work out that way. I started getting into the heavier stuff. I did groups of men, got into some bondage and even did some of the sickening fetishes out there. It makes me ill to think about it now but then my only focus was to get Jade and Aspen college degrees.   Jade managed to get a partial scholarship so it wasn’t so bad there but Aspen, I had to get through the full ride.  At first, I thought I was doing it just for the money but I started liking certain aspects and was able to pick and choose what I wanted to do (which got me out of those sicko fetishes) but I was still being used.  It’s a man’s world and no matter how hard we try to assert our independence, they still own it.  I didn’t know how I was going to tell Aspen.  Jade and I were more open with our sexuality where with Aspen, we knew she’d been there but she never went into details like we did. I guess there are some things you’re just better off not sharing with your sisters. 

 

Then there were these two precious little angels for nieces I have.  It’s bad enough that their mothers have to deal with it but what about their little friends and any of the fathers of their friends that I could come into contact over the years if I were to move in with Twig and Red. I knew it was still a few years off but it was something I had to consider.  I sacrificed my dignity so my little sisters could have a better life.  In a way I resented them but at the same time I was proud of their accomplishments. They’d made their dreams come true.   I used to be one of those old fashioned girls. I really didn’t want to go to college. I wanted to find a man, settle down and have a gaggle of children running around in the backyard with the family dog.  Boy did the guy that could make all that come true come along twenty years too late.  At least I thought he had.   I’d had things done to my body to where I wasn’t sure I could have children even he wanted me to give them to him. Seemed like he did. I just couldn’t understand why.  I’d been degraded by some of the top paid in their field and along come Nick proving he can do it even better than they could. I felt my phone vibrate as Twig and I just sat there in Aspen’s room in silence.  I looked down at the number.  I should just ignore it but I picked up.  He wasn’t in a place where I could do bodily damage to him. “What do you want Nick?”

“I think you know the answer to that Lilly of the Night but for now I’ll just settle for a little phone sex.”

He wasn’t going to get to me this time but I was going to let him have it.” I know you don’t give a fuck about my sister but I do. God only knows why but she’s in love with you and has the most beautiful little girl in the world because of you but I’ll be damned I let her throw her life away on a prick that’s only out to stick it wherever he can.” Man did that feel good! But would it make any difference to him?   I can’t believe Jade hadn’t already ripped my eyes out for that one. He wasn’t answering. “Nick?”

“Still here.”

“So are we through playing this game and are you through breaking my sister’s heart because I swear what I was thinking of doing to you last night is nothing compared to what I will do if you don’t get your head out of your ass and make a decision instead of leading her on.”

 

“I have a daughter?”

Wow. He heard me. “Looks just like you.  Might want to chew on that before brunch and don’t you dare call Jade before then or I will carry through with my threat. Capiche?”

 

“Got it.” He hung up.

 

I looked at Jade. She looked at me and hugged me as tight as she could. “Thank you Lils. Even if never acknowledges her, thank you!”

 

“He needed to hear it. I’m sick of him making me feel like a two bit hooker. I’m better than that. According to Brian I am.”

 

Jade pulled away from me. “You are Lilly.  You deserve to have your dreams come true just like everybody else in the world.  So what happened last night?”

 

“Not a thing. We talked.  A lot.”

“You’re wearing his shirt Lils.”

“He got me one of his because of the beer.  Although he did say he wanted to lick it off me.”

 

“Did you let him?”

“Twig!”

“What? It’s an honest question.”

 

“What do you think?”

“I think you let him have a taste.”

 

“I did but that’s all I let him have last night.” Jade and I fell back onto the bed in a fit of giggles like a couple of teenage girls talking about their first date.

 

Aspen walked into the room and said, “Reese is taken care of. What did I miss?”

 

Jade and I popped up. “We were talking about Brian licking the beer off Lilly’s nipples,” Jade answered with a smirk.

 

Aspen blushed at that.

 

“He didn’t though.  I want to know what happened that’s made you blush like a schoolgirl every time we ask what happened last night.”

 

 

 

 

Chapter 22 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies       

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 22

 

Aspen

 

I managed to avoid my sisters’ interrogation until we started shopping. So much happened last night that I was still coming to terms with everything.

 

We were sitting in the dressing room, while Lilly and I were trying on outfits. Jade wanted us to look hot for our men. I definitely think they were going to be surprised.

 

“So spill it, Red. You have been in la la land since I arrived this morning. What gives?” Jade sipped her mimosa.

 

I guess it was now or never. I had to tell them about last night. I tried on the last dress and twirled around.

 

“That’s the dress. AJ’s going to go bonkers for it.” Lilly smiled at me. I could feel myself start to blush. “It’s okay for you to make a man go crazy. Come one, Red. We’re not leaving until you tell us about last night.”

 

I took a seat in the chair near Jade. Lilly continues to try on outfits. She’s such a fashionista. “Well, after the show AJ and I went out for dinner at this diner near his house. The food was delicious.”

 

“Who cares about the food? I just want to know if AJ was delicious.” Jade giggled.

 

I rolled my eyes and continued. “Afterwards we went to his house.”

 

“Did you see his bedroom?” Lilly asked with a smirk. I blushed the color of a tomato. Why did they care about my sex life so much?

 

I rolled my eyes at both of my sisters and visualized last night in my mind as I shared with them. They of course were getting the condensed version.

 

When we got to AJ’s house, I slipped off my shoes and found a seat on his plush leather couch. I was exhausted, but happy. He sat next to me and started rubbing my feet. I thought I died and gone to heaven. AJ took his time massaging every part of my foot.

 

“Mmmmm…AJ that feels good.” I purred. I was like a cat in heat just from his simple, sensual touch.

 

“I’m glad.” AJ smiled at me. “I’m glad that I have you in my life again.”

 

AJ might have had the persona of a bad boy on stage. In real life he was nothing but a sweet, romantic man. He had my heart in a puddle on the floor. I think I was starting to fall for him.

 

“Did I really leave that big of an impact on you? We both were so drunk that night.” I said seriously. I don’t know if I believed it. I wanted to think it was true, but I had never just let myself fall.

 

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you. At one point I thought I dreamed you up.” AJ removes my feet from his lap and grabs my hand. He pulls me outside to his yard.

 

“Wow, this is beautiful!” I am amazed by the landscaping in his yard. I know I should have been thinking about AJ, but I was nervous.

 

“Thanks, but you’re the only beautiful thing I see right now.” His hands moved to my hips as he pulled me closer. He placed a gentle kiss on my lips, but soon it turned to one of passion. My hands started massaging his ass, as he moved his hands under my shirt. We made out in AJ’s yard for at least forty-five minutes. I was content with how things were progressing.

 

“Aspen, let me make love to you.” He whispered in my ear.

 

“So did you?” Jade was on the edge of her seat.

 

Did I tell my sisters the truth? Would they think less of me? I was such a prude compared to them. They had no issues talking or having sex. On the other hand, I was a novice.

 

“Yes, we had sex.” I whispered quietly. “And, I’m not going into detail.”

 

After AJ and I made love three times, I laid in his arms talking. I told him stories about Reese and my job. AJ told me stories about being on the road. To me everything was perfect. I was home when I was with AJ.

 

“I forgot to give you, your birthday present.” AJ got out of bed and grabbed a small bag from the closet. “Open up.”

 

He had the biggest grin on his face. I couldn’t help but smile back. I was so relaxed when I was with AJ. He was laidback and I was uptight, but it worked.

 

I took the tissue paper out of the bag. Inside was a Canon Rebel DSLR camera. I was shocked that he would buy me something so expensive. He barely knew me.

 

“AJ, wow! It’s a beautiful camera. You didn’t have to spend that much money on me.” I wiped my eyes feeling the tears that were building up.

 

“I wanted to. Reese mentioned that you love taking pictures of her.” He smiled and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. “All I ask it that I get copies of every picture you take of Reese.”

 

“Of course.” I set the camera into the bag. As I wrap my arms around AJ’s neck the sheet fell off my body. AJ pushed me onto the bed as our tongues swirl together. I forget about everything and just enjoyed myself.

 

 “I’m jealous of you.” Lilly walked out wearing an off the shoulder tropical print romper. You could see her long legs in the short shorts. She was gorgeous.

 

“That outfit is perfect. You’re going to give Brian a major hard on.” Jade laughed.

 

“I hope he’s wearing baggy pants.” I commented with a smirk.

 

Jade started chocking on her drink. Lilly and I rushed over to her.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked as Lilly patted her back.

 

“Yeah. You floored me with your comment. Sweet, naïve Aspen making dirty comments.”

 

“Shut up.” I stuck my tongue out at my sisters.

 

“So finish telling us about your hot night with AJ fucking McLean.”

 

I stood up and smoothed the salmon colored scoop neck A-line tank dress I was wearing.  How was I going to explain this to my sisters?

 

AJ and I slept a few hours, but woke up to watch the sunrise. I pinched myself making sure this was real and not a dream. We sat on the deck drinking coffee and watching the sun do it’s magic.

 

“You’re glowing.” AJ played with my hair.

 

“That’s all because of you.” I leaned my head into the crook of his neck. The hair on his chin tickling my skin.

 

“Aspen, tonight has been everything and more.” AJ said as he sat me up. I saw him take something out of his pocket. I was extremely nervous all of a sudden.

 

“This has been the best night of my life.” I whispered.

 

“Aspen, will you marry me?” AJ said as he held a beautiful ring with his fingers.

 

“AJ McLean proposed to you?” Lilly shrieked and grabbed my hand. “Where’s the fucking ring?”

 

“You did say yes, didn’t you?” Jade questioned.

 

“I have the ring in my purse.” I looked at Lilly. Then I answered Jade. “I didn’t say yes or no.”

 

“Would you care to explain because I’m not understanding you?”

 

I grabbed my glass of champagne and took a sip. I needed some liquid courage. I wasn’t sure my sisters would understand.  Hell, I wasn’t sure I understood.

 

“First off, I don’t know AJ all that well. Two nights of wonderful sex does not make a relationship. Second, what if he only wants to marry me because of Reese?” I stand up and start to pace.

 

“Did you tell him that?” Lilly tried to get me to stop pacing.

 

“Yes, we had a long talk about it.” I leaned against the wall, looking at my newly manicured nails. Jade had gone all out with manicures and pedicures.

 

“Well?” Jade asked, sitting on the edge of her seat.

 

“He told me that I could wear it as a promise ring until I was comfortable enough to want to marry him.” I smiled at my sisters.

 

“So where is the ring?” Lilly grabbed my purse and started rummaging through it until she found the jewelry box.

 

“What are you doing?” I was flabbergasted. I couldn’t believe Lilly would just go into my purse like that.

 

“Finding that ring and putting it on your finger.” Lilly opened the box. “Oh my! That is absolutely the most beautiful ring I’ve ever seen. It’s so you. Come look, Jade.”

 

“Holy fuck! Aspen, please say yes, even if it’s just as a promise.”

 

“I totally agree with Twig and you know that never happens.” We all chuckle. “Don’t make mistakes like the two of us. AJ seems like a great guy. Please give him a chance and be happy.”

 

“I know.” I take the box and slide the bamboo style pink sapphire with two black diamonds shoulders on my right ring finger. It was the perfect ring for me. “Lilly, you are going to find happiness and so is Jade. You just got to give it a chance. If I can do that, so can you.”

 

“I’m so glad AJ called me about changing the time for brunch. I enjoyed spending time with my sissies.” We all get together for a group hug.

 

“Yes, we needed this girl time. Those guys are going to drool when they see us.” Jade swung her hips sexily. We started laughing.

 

My phone beeped. I checked my phone. “Okay, girls, Reese it waiting for us at the car. We better get going.”

 

I met Jackie at my car. Reese ran to me as soon as she saw me. I picked her up and gave her a kiss. That’s when I noticed her arms.

 

“Reese what did you do?” I asked calmly.

 

“Aspen, I’m so sorry. Reese found some markers and the girls deciding to draw on themselves.”  Jackie apologized.

 

“It’s okay.” I sighed. “Don’t worry about it.”

 

“It’s going to take a while to come off since they decided to use Sharpies.”

 

I thanked Jackie and she left. I looked at my daughter. Her arms were covered with flowers and squiggles. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I placed her in her car seat.

 

“Reese, why did you color on your arms?” I asked her as I got in the driver’s seat.

 

“I want to wook wike AJ.” She smiled at me. Oy vey, Reese was going to be the death of me and she was only three. “Auntie Wiwy, you wike my pictures?”

 

“They’re beautiful.” She said and started a conversation with Reese.

 

“She’s so much like her daddy.” Jade whispered from the passenger seat.

 

“More than you’ll ever know.” I said as I pulled out of the parking lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 23 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 23

 

Jade

 

            OK, I was showing a LOT of bravado while we were shopping, talking about snaring ‘our men’. What a joke.  I now sit in Aspen’s car listening as Reese expounds on why she wants to look like AJ and my nerves are shot. Nick isn’t my man. Never really was.  I wish I could get past the loving him part and just consider him a sperm donor…but I can’t. Lost my heart to him a LONG time ago and I don’t see it coming back now.

By the time we get to the restaurant, my nerves are shot.  Pam is there waiting for me, handing me a bag. “Here, hot off the presses for you to give to your friends and family.” Lowering her voice, she says, “You ok?”

            I nod and say, “I am. Don’t worry.”

            She says, “They guys are running about fifteen minutes late, so go on in and have a cocktail. Or two. You might need it when your surprise arrives.”

            I say, “Surprise? What surprise? Pam?”

            She says, “I’m sworn to secrecy. Gotta jet. Have fun!”

            Fun? How the hell do I have fun? I’m going to be lucky if I put anything BUT alcohol into my stomach for lunch. When the guys come waltzing in, I watch my sisters and smile.

            I can’t help but notice how AJ’s eyes are glued on Aspen. When he hugs her, my heart swells with love for my sister. Maybe I won’t have to buy her a house…I’ll buy me a house and she can live with me till the wedding.

            Lilly?  Brian’s standing in front of her, holding her hand gently. She’s blushing like a school girl. LILLY? My heart aches hoping she’s finally found someone to settle down with.

I’m sipping on a Mojito and listening to Reese tell me all about her ‘tattoos’ when Nick arrives.  I feel his gaze on me, but I ignore, choosing instead to watch as AJ gets an earful from Reese about her tattoos.

            We’re ushered in to lunch where they seat me close to Nick. I look up to find him staring at me. When our eyes meet it’s like an electric current passes between us.  He gives me a timid smile.  I try to smile back but I know it doesn’t reach my eyes. His brow furrows and he starts to say something, only to be interrupted by Brian.  “Jade, the book looks really good. I like the picture you chose.”

            After another sip of my drink, I say, “I didn’t choose it.  Pam did.”

            Nick grabs my attention and says, “Jade, we really have to talk.”

            I say, “About what?”

            Lowering his voice he says, “You’re kidding right? I have a child and you didn’t think I should know?”

            I gasp. “You did know!  I called you and told you!”

            He shakes his head. “I never got a call from you. Not after the last time we were together. Don’t lie to me!”

            I hiss vehemently, “I am NOT lying. Paige answered your phone. I told her I needed to talk to you and she said you couldn’t come to the phone. I told her about the baby, that I wanted you to know. I distinctly remember you saying ‘I don’t give a fuck’ so I assumed you didn’t WANT to know about the baby and I tried to let it go.”

            The blood drains from his face. “Paige? You told Paige?” I nod and he whispers, “She never told me, Jade.  I didn’t know.”

            Tears clog my throat. “Nick,” I whisper, my heart pounding. “Nick, I thought you knew…I thought she told you.”

            He closes his eyes. I reach out and touch his arm, not sure I can handle the contact, but he needs to know I’m here for him. When he opens his eyes, unshed tears are swimming in them. “Jade, I’m so sorry. I’m sorry about the way I treated you. I’m sorry about the things I didn’t see. I’m sorry you were alone.”

            I force a smile, whispering, “Don’t be sorry Nick. I can’t make you love me any more than I can make it rain. If it’s not there, it’s not there.”

            He reaches over, stroking my face, flinching when I back away. “Don’t do that Jade. I don’t deserve what you’re offering me. Until last night, I never knew…”

            I sigh and say, “Don’t Nick. This is a discussion we need to have, but not here. Maybe after lunch we can just…talk about it all.”

            He nods at me, opening his mouth to say more, but Howie garners my attention again. “I can’t wait to read the book, Jade.”

Genuinely pleased, I smile. “Thanks for being part of it. It means a lot to me that you all agreed.”

            AJ says, “Are you kidding?  I love it!  I wish I had been part of Crash and Burn.”

            Nick opens his mouth and says, “You were, AJ.  You were Andy, the good friend who kept telling Cody to get his head out of his ass about his gold digging girlfriend.”

            My eyes collide with his. He figured it out.  Crash and Burn was my story. The story of my life with Nick.  I knew from interviews after his very public break up with Paige that the guys had all warned him she was using him, but he didn’t listen to him. I lower my eyes, not sure how to respond.

            Howie tries changing the subject, but AJ’s like a dog with a bone. “What do you mean, Nick? How do you know…”

            Then it dawns on him what Nick is saying.  An awkward silence follows, only broken by the sounds from the restaurant outside our private dining room.  Finally, Lilly says, “Maybe we should order?”

            Nick reaches over and takes my hand. The room lapses into silence as I look up and meet his eyes. He whispers, “I’m so sorry Jade. I didn’t know.”

            I pull my hand from his and stand. I say, “Don’t. Please, don’t do this.” I look around the table and say, “I’m sorry I ruined everyone’s weekend.”

            I turn to leave but when I get to the door, I stop dead in my tracks.  Running at me under a full head of steam is Calleigh, followed closely by Dale.  Forgetting where I am and who I’m with, I step forward, scooping her up into my arms. She squeals, “MOMMY!” That sound alone makes my heart soar with love. 

            I lean back and say, “Calleigh…how did you get here?”  I look up at Dale and say, “Hey…why…when?”

            He says, “We were worried after your call. Geri’s at the hotel with DJ. He was fussy after the flight.”  Looking over my shoulder, he says, “Umm, Jade, am I about to get my ass kicked?”

            I turn to find Nick had followed me and is watching us.  My heart stops beating as his eyes land on Calleigh. She’s playing with the collar of my dress.  Without looking away from Nick, I say, “Dale…maybe you could go to the hotel?” Dragging my gaze away from Nick, I look at him and say, “Tell Geri I’m ok. I’ll be there later.”

            He kisses my cheek and says, “Just remember we’re here for you.”

            I smile at him and say, “You always are.  Thanks Dale.”

            After he leaves, Nick walks over to me.  Calleigh stares at him as he stares at her. “DADDY!” She leans toward him and he looks like he’s going to faint. His gaze meets mine and I say, “She’s seen your picture. She knows who you are but not sure she understands what it means.”

            He gingerly takes her, oblivious to the stares we’re getting. He catches a passing waiter and says, “Is there somewhere private we can talk for a minute?”

            He nods and leads us to an empty banquet room. After the door shuts, Nick says, “Jade, I don’t know where to begin.”

            I say, “Don’t. I don’t know if I can do this now, Nick.”

            He says, “We have to Jade. You had my baby.”

            I close my eyes. “Nick, I really thought she told you.”        

“She didn’t Jade, I swear. Do you think so little of me you’d think I’d ignore my own child?” He snorts and says, “Of course you do. I mean, after all, you did write Crash and Burn about me, didn’t you?  Cody was me. The guy who used the leading lady for sex and left her hanging so she swallowed a bunch of pills?”

            I swallow hard.  “Nick, it wasn’t like that.”

            His anger dissipates as Calleigh turns and leans toward me.  She scoots onto my lap and lays her head on my shoulder. He takes a deep breath saying, “I know it wasn’t. I’m sorry Jade…I’m just in shock.”

            I reach over and slide my fingers across his hand.  When he squeezes them, I feel assured. “I’m sorry Nick. I’m SO sorry.”

            He lifts my hand and places a gentle kiss on the back of it.  “I’m glad you found someone Jade. Does he make you happy?”

            Confusion lights my face? “Found someone? What are you talking about Nick, I’m not with anyone.”

            He says, “The guy who brought her…”

            “A really good friend. His wife is my therapist.”

            I see his body relax and relief wash over his face. “Oh thank God, I thought I lost my chance.”

            I shake my head, confused. “Chance? What chance?”

            He scoots his chair closer to me and whispers, “My chance with you. Jade, I put you through hell and I have no right to ask you this, but please, give me one last chance. Please!”

            I mull it over in my head as Calleigh leans toward him again.  He gingerly reaches out and pulls her away from me. She puts her hands on his shoulders and stares at him forever before she slides her arms around his neck and lays her head on his shoulder. He hugs her tightly, staring at me. I can’t help but cry. He whispers, “Jade…she’s…beautiful.”

I smile brightly. “Calleigh Amber.”

Calleigh leans back and he looks at her. He whispers, “Hi Calleigh Amber.”

She giggles and plants a big, wet kiss on his lips. I want to laugh at the expression on his face. He looks back to me and says, “Jade, don’t leave me again, ok? We have to talk. About everything.”

I stand and say, “I know. Come on, Aunt Lilly and Aunt Aspen need to meet Calleigh too.”

He looks shocked as he stands beside me. “They didn’t know either?”

I sigh and say, “No. I made so many mistakes Nick. I should have told them. Should have made Paige let me talk to you. I shouldn’t have given up.”

With Calleigh still perched on his arm, he pulls me against his side and says, “Don’t. Let’s start over, ok?”

Feeling dazed and confused, I whisper, “Can we?”

Looking into my eyes, he says, “You tell me.  Are you willing to give me one last chance?”

            The door opens.  Lilly and Aspen come in, Lilly saying, “Jade, are you…” She sees Calleigh in Nick’s arms and tears fill her eyes. 

            I point to them and say, “Calleigh, look.”

            She looks at Lilly and Aspen, trying to decipher who they are. Finally, she reaches for me. When I take her she hides her face in my neck, and says, “Mommy.”

            I laugh and say, “Look, it’s Aunt Lilly and Aunt Aspen.” 

            She peeks again and smiles, but doesn’t move from my neck.  Lilly says, “Oh Twig, she’s so CUTE!”

            Calleigh lifts her head and hugs me tight.  I say, “Calleigh, want to go see Aunt Lilly?”

            She says, “Want Daddy.”

            I chuckle and turn, letting her slide into Nick’s waiting arms. Aspen says, “She knows?”

            I say, “His picture is in her room. She knows he’s ‘Daddy’ but doesn’t know what it means.”

            Lilly says, “You ok?”  I just nod.  “Bring Calleigh in. Everyone’s tripping trying to figure out what’s going on.”

            I hug them both and say, “Give us a minute, ok? This is…not easy. He didn’t know.”

            Lilly pales. “What?”

            I shake my head. “She didn’t tell him. He found out when you told him on the phone. He’s a bit…we’re both shell shocked.”

            Aspen says, “That little bitch.” She looks past me to Nick. “Are you ok, Nick?”

            He smiles at her, hugging Calleigh closer. “I don’t know yet. I’ve been a fool for so long.”

            Lilly says, “Yes, you have.” Blushing, she continues, “Sorry about the phone call. I just don’t want Jade to be hurt again.”

            He nods, his gaze finding mine once again. “I think I’ve hurt her enough Lilly. I think it’s time I reminded myself exactly WHY I kept coming back to her.”

            I can’t stop myself. “Why did you, Nick?”

            He says, “You let me be me. You didn’t ask anything of me, even though I’d have given you everything. You meant…you MEAN the world to me Jade. I don’t know why I keep fucking up like I do.”

            I know Lilly and Aspen leave, but I can’t look away from him. I step closer and say, “Nick, I’m afraid.  Every time I give in and open my heart, you run.”

            He steps closer to me and says, “I don’t want to run Jade. I don’t know if what I feel is love…I’ve never been in love. I want to learn about love. From you. Will you just give me a chance?”

            Calleigh lays her head on his chest and smiles at me.  My heart melts. I put my hand on her back and look up at Nick.  “Yes.”

            He leans down and gently kisses my lips. When we part, he whispers, “Don’t let me fuck this up, Jade. Please. Teach me what love is.”

            I smirk and say, “First lesson, we don’t use the f-word in front of Calleigh. She likes to repeat.”

            He grimaces and says, “Sorry.”  He pushes Calleigh away from his body so she’ll look at him. He says, “Want to meet Daddy’s friends?”

            She giggles and falls over on his shoulder. He hugs her with one arm, pulling me against his side with the other. He kisses the top of my head as I lay against his chest, praying, “Please God, let him fall in love with me.”

           

           

Chapter 24 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

Chapter 24

 

LILLY

Aspen and I returned to the table.  Brian held the chair out for me.   He treated me like a lady. It was something I wasn’t accustomed to and thought I didn’t deserve.  Aspen looked so happy.  They may not be a family in the traditional sense but they already looked the part.  Reese had already wrapped AJ around her little finger and if he knew it, he didn’t care.   Then there was Jade with Nick.  I never thought he’d be the man that would almost come between us.   I never asked for it.  I never wanted it. I was enjoying my weekend and he almost broke my sister’s heart because he was chasing after a fantasy.   I don’t understand it myself but I had  to wonder if Brian was pulling out all the stops because he knew what he was getting and would continue getting if he gave me all  that every woman deserved.    I never thought I was trash.  I only believed I was worthless because men made me believe I was.

 

 

“Penny for your thoughts,” Brian leaned in and whispered.

 

“I think you’re gonna need a little more than that.”

“Name your price pretty lady. “

 

I was feeling pretty good up until that point. ONE little word could make me feel so small.  I was about to get up and make a beeline for the ladies room when Jade and Nick reappeared at the table.  My God! Calleigh was a mini version of Nick. I hadn’t really got a good look before but those big blue eyes and curly blond hair.  She was resting comfortably upon Nick’s chest; thumb securely in her mouth.  She certainly did know how to charm the masses already. She surveyed the table then buried her head in his chest before reaching for Jade.  I hadn’t even got to hold her and I was already melting.  I had another niece. Another adorable little girl. I was beginning to believe I’d never have that.  I’d almost forgotten what Brian had said to me. Almost.   His hand slid over mine and I pulled mine away.

 

“Would you mind trading seats with me Red?” I looked over to her.

 

She looked at me like I was insane. Maybe I was being foolish but it made me feel like I was for hire all over again.  Nick had made me feel that way all weekend.  It’s a wonder I didn’t go running yesterday. “No.” She answered me.

 

“Fine!  If you’ll excuse me!” I barked; proceeding to make a spectacle of myself as Brian grabbed my arm.

 

“Unhand me.”

“Not until you tell me what I did.”

“Who said you did anything?”

“Lilly talk to me,” he replied calmly.

 

“No.” He was strong but I managed to rip away from his grip. I ran into the ladies room and burst into tears.  He was the last one in the world I thought could make me feel lower than low.

 

“Lilly?” I heard his voice. What the fuck was he doing in the ladies room?  I couldn’t even get away from him for two seconds.  When I didn’t answer, he said,” I know you’re in here and I’m not leaving until you talk to me.”

I heard the door lock click.  I didn’t even notice the thing locked.   I swiped the tears from my eyes.  I swung the door open and glared at him.  “Why are you in here?”

 

“Because you scared the hell out of everybody out there and I told them I’d take care of it.”

 

“I get it. I’m not allowed to have feelings. I’m just good for a cheap thrill!”

 

“Lilly that’s not true and you know it.”

 

“Yes it is. All I’ve ever been is for sale.”

“Have you ever tried letting a man in?”

 

Lilly’s jawed dropped.  How could he even suggest that I never attempted to let anyone in?

 

“Well?” He got closer and I backed up.

 

“Brian please don’t make me answer that.”

 

“Is it so terrible you can’t tell me?”

“Not in a public bathroom.”

 

“Okay. Then why don’t we start with why you ran out on us?”  He moved closer.

 

I was clearly running out of space. “Because you made me feel cheap okay?!”

 

He gently took my hand. “Lilly I am sorry.”  He knew immediately what it was. “I don’t know why you think you’re anything but incredible.”

 

I broke down yet again. “Why won’t you let me stay mad at you?”

He let go of my hand and wiped away the tears. “Because despite the chemistry we know is already there, I want to work on getting to know the best part of you.”

 

“What’s that?”

“Your heart.”

 

Asshole!  No matter how I tried to fight him, he was determined to break down my walls. I couldn’t deny that he was doing everything a man should be doing to win the most prized possession I had.  The one I kept guarded like Fort Knox.

 

“So are you gonna come back with me cuz I’m pretty sure that there are a few women out that are gonna be mad if we don’t unlock the door pretty soon. And I’m not unlocking it until you tell me yes.”

I giggled. “How ‘bout I freshen up my face after I make sure the coast is clear for you?”

“You got it.”

 

“Hang on.”  I went to peek out the door and he was good to go thank goodness. “Coast is clear.”

“You’re not gonna back out on me are you?”

“I promise I won’t.” I kissed him softly and peeked out the door one more time. “Go.”  As soon as he was out the door I splashed my face with some cool water.  I looked at myself.   The makeup was gone and for the first time in my life, I didn’t care.  They could see the real me. The one I needed to stop hiding.  I made my way back to the table and Calleigh was charming the socks off him.  My heart melted.  He was just trying to make me fall in love with him.  It was working.  I took my seat next to him and looked at the little girl that was taking no prisoners.  Oh God Jade was going to have a handful when she grew up. I didn’t want to assume Nick would be there because I honestly didn’t know where thing were going with them.  

 

“Can you say hi to your Aunt Lilly?  Tell her how pretty she is?”

 

“Pwetty,” came her tiny voice; giggling and burying her little face in Brian’s chest.

 

“How’d he do that?”  Nick’s voice rose in shock.

 

“Women just know a good man when they meet one,” I returned with a smile.  He was a good man and for whatever reasons, I needed to start believing it was true.

Chapter 25 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Rachel

 

Chapter 25

 

ASPEN

When Lilly reappeared, she seemed more relaxed. Her smile lit up the room, especially when she looked at Brian. They were trying to make Calleigh laugh. Brian and Lilly would make beautiful babies. I really hoped that would be their future. Lilly would make the best mom. She took care of me and Jade all those years. Lilly did a fantastic job with us. It wasn't her job to be a parent to her younger siblings, but I'm forever thankful that she did.
 
Nick and Jade looked happy, but unsure of each other. I'm sure Calleigh had something to do with that. I wanted them to work things out. I think they needed each other more than they realized.
 
Reese was taking a few minutes to catch her breath. She had been talking nonstop since we'd arrived. She had an in-depth conversation on tattoos with AJ. She was so much like him it scared me.
 
She sipped her chocolate milk and watched Calleigh. The little girl fascinated her. I hoped that Calleigh and Reese would be close.
 
AJ took my right hand in his. I looked over and pressed a kiss on his cheek. He slid the ring off my finger. I gave him a questioning glance. AJ replaced it on my left ring finger.
 
I shook my head at him. "Not yet." I whispered quietly, so no one heard.
 
"Why not?" His eyes were unreadable as he stared at me.
 
"This isn't the time or place." I removed the ring and moved it back to my right hand. I knew he wasn't happy, but he'd have to deal. I wasn’t ready to get married.

“We can have a long engagement.” AJ whispered in my ear. Luckily everyone was deep in conversation and ignoring us.

 

“Not now, AJ, please. Let’s just enjoy the afternoon. My sisters genuinely seem happy for once. I want to savor this moment. Please, can we drop it?” I hissed in his ear.

 

I attempted to immerse myself in the conversation around me. AJ was pouting as the food arrived. I chose to ignore his childish behavior. Lilly and Jade looked over at me; I took AJ’s hand in mine and pretended like everything was perfect.

 

I got Reese’s food cut up, so she could eat. She picked up a piece of her chicken. “Here Calweigh.” She handed it to her cousin. “It’s yummy.”

 

Calleigh took the chicken and started munching. Jade and I looked at each other and smiled. I knew they were going to be the best of friends.

 

As we ate, AJ took my hand and shimmied the ring off my finger. I continued my conversation with Howie and his wife. Gently, he took my left hand and placed the ring on my ring finger. I removed my hand from his. Slowly I took the ring off my finger and placed it in AJ’s hand.

 

“Excuse me; I need to use the ladies room.” I got up and started to walk toward the restroom, but Jade grabbed my arm.

 

“Is everything okay?”  She knew something was up. I put a smile on my face and nodded. “Don’t do anything stupid.”

 

I ignored her comment and walked away. No one else had even paid attention.

 

“Can you watch Reese?” AJ asked Lilly and Brian. “I need a smoke.” He didn’t even give them a chance to answer before he left the table.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like shit. Sure I was in a beautiful dress all done up, but the brightness in my eyes was missing.

 

“Why the fuck did you give me back the ring?” AJ announced as he stepped into the bathroom startling me. He locked the door and leaned against it.

 

“You’re pressuring me.” I blurted out. Usually I remained calm and collected, taking time to think about what I wanted to say. AJ had me pissed and it was hard to bite my tongue.

 

“What’s the difference between a promise and a long engagement? I really don’t see the difference.”

 

“Of course you don’t get it. You’re a man.” I turned the water on to wash my hands. Anything to distract me from him and his dark stare.

 

“Aspen, please talk to me. I can’t stand that you hold everything inside. I expect you to be honest with me about your feelings.” He moved behind me.

 

“Only if they are what you want to hear.” I commented dryly, pushing him away.

 

“You know that’s not true.”

 

“Fine, you want the truth. Here goes. I don’t know if I’m marriage material. I’m not the type of woman to dote on a man or fulfill his needs. Being dependent on a man is not the girl I grew up to be. Jade and Lilly for as wild and crazy as they are will dote on the man who steals their heart. That’s not me. Hell, I never even got attached to a dog.” I looked at my polished toes.  There was no way I could even look at AJ and tell the truth.

 

“I don’t believe that. I see the way you are with Reese. You love her so much.” He put a finger under my chin forcing me to look at him.

 

“There are days I question that, too. I don’t spend enough time with her. The shop has me so busy. I feel guilty that I’m not the mom I should be.”

 

“You’re a wonderful mom. Reese loves you. The time you spend with her is quality time. Don’t ever question your abilities as a mom.” AJ placed a quick kiss on my lips.

 

“It doesn’t matter anyway. She only has eyes for you. Wait until she finds out you’re her dad. I’ll be forgotten.” I whispered. I willed myself not to cry. It wasn’t worth it.

 

“Now I get it. You think I asked you to marry me because of Reese.” AJ pulled me into his body. “That is the farthest thing from the truth. Aspen, I care about you as more than just the mother of my child. From our first encounter four years ago, I fell for you.  There was never a day that I didn’t wish to have you back in my life. Now that I have you, I don’t want to let you go. Reese is an added bonus to our life. We created something special.”

 

I looked at him, not sure if he was feeding me a line or not. He seemed sincere, but I was skeptical.

 

“You still don’t believe me.” I shook my head. “Fine, I’ll just have to show you.”

 

His lips moved to my collar bone. AJ placed soft kisses all over. I tried to remain in control, but with his mouth all over me it was hard. The next thing I knew my dress was being lifted up and AJ was kneeling on the floor. He didn’t waste any time taking my thong off. “I’ll be keeping that.” He smirked as he placed it in his pocket.

 

What a dirty man! I was so turned on as his finger started playing with my clit. It was wrong to be doing this in a public restroom, but I didn’t stop him. I was enjoying it too much.

 

My body was on fire, and AJ was making me wet. “Oh! Yes! Yes! AJ!” I screamed.

 

He removed his finger and started using his tongue instead. He lapped at my wetness causing me to squirm. This was so hot and all I wanted to do was cum. Before I had time to think, AJ’s tongue was inside me. I was going to hell for this. His tongue moved in and out of me as my walls started to contract. My body writhed in pleasure from orgasm after orgasm as AJ continued to assault my pussy.

 

“That was amazing.” I said as I caught my breath. “We better get back before they wonder where we disappeared to.”

AJ remained on his knees. “Aspen Ruby Grey, will you do me the honor and marry me?”

 

 I couldn’t believe he was asking me to marry him for the second time in the bathroom of a restaurant. My heart said yes, but my mind was still hesitant. What would Jade or Lilly do? They would say yes in a heartbeat. Maybe I needed to be more like my sisters, instead of being so closed off.

 

“I will marry you on two conditions.” I grabbed his hand so he could stand up.

 

“What are they?” He drew me in closer to him.

 

“One, I want a long engagement. We need time to get to know one another. That means we spend time dating and that I don’t move in with you until I feel ready.”

 

“I can deal with that.” He pressed a kiss on my mouth.

 

“Second I want my thong back.” He looked at me with a devilish grin. I knew he wasn’t going to give it back. “I can’t go out there without any underwear on.”

 

“You can and you will. I’m not giving them back. I plan on taking them on tour with me.” AJ wiggled his eyes at me.

 

“You are a dirty, dirty man.” I sucked on his lip before I stuck my tongue in his mouth.

 

When we pulled apart, I notice AJ had slipped the ring on my finger. “So I take this as a yes.”

 

“I guess I don’t have much choice. You keep putting it back on my left ring finger.” I straightened myself out. There was no way I was going back to our table looking like I got fucked.

 

We walked back to the table hand in hand. Both of my sisters gave me a look. They knew something happened in the bathroom. I just smiled and took my seat.

 

“Mommy, I missed you so much. I shared my wunch wif Calweigh. She my best fwiend.”

 

I pulled Reese in for a hug. I loved her so much. “I’m glad you and Calleigh are best friends.”

 

Maybe things were starting to fall into place. I wanted to be happy in all aspects of my life. That included falling in love with the man of my dreams, who I believed was sitting next to me.

 

 

Chapter 26 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 26

 

Jade

 

            By the end of lunch, Calleigh has managed to make her way around the table and by the time she got back to my lap, she was worn out. She curls up against me and snuggles. I kiss her head gently and rock her, feeling her body relax against me.

            I catch Aspen watching me and AJ watching her.  “Twig, I think Reese is going to want Calleigh to hang out with her today.”

            I glance at Nick and find him watching me intently. I say, “Why don’t you all come to the hotel later?  I need…to talk to Geri.”

            Brian’s looks puzzled. “Geri?”

            I nod.  “She’s my therapist. She and Dale were…worried. They brought Calleigh out to check on me.”

            Nick squeezes my hand and says, “Worried? Why were they worried?” When I just stare at him, it dawns on him.  He lowers his voice and whispers, “You didn’t…?”

            I shake my head and say, “NO, I didn’t. Didn’t even think about it.”

            Sensing things are getting deep, AJ says, “Well, Nick, looks like we have the makings of the Backstreet Babes started.”

            My giggles almost wake up Calleigh. She falls back on my arm, her thumb finding its way between her lips.  Looking up at AJ, I whisper, “AJ that just doesn’t sound like an appropriate name for a girl group. Especially with MY daughter involved. You better think of a new name.”

            Nick groans and says, “Think of a new career AJ. I don’t want my little girl being ogled by every horny man with a pulse.”

            Reese chooses this point to look up and say, “Mommy, what’s a horny man?”

            Everyone laughs.  Nick blushes and Aspen says, “Nick, first rule of being a parent…WATCH YOUR MOUTH!” She turns to Reese and says, “Uncle Nick is being silly, Reese.”

            She looks at AJ and says, “Do you have a horn?”

            While he sputters, blushing worse than a nun in a brothel, Nick looks at Aspen and says, “I’m sorry.”

            I can see she’s fighting the urge to laugh. Finally she says, “She’ll forget it soon, don’t worry. But seriously, watch what you say, ok?”

            Feeling more than contrite, he nods and says, “Don’t worry. I’ll behave.”

            Knowing I may regret it, I lean closer to him and whisper, “You don’t have to behave ALL the time.”

            When his eyes meet mine, I’m sure everyone else in the room saw the sparks flying. He smirks at me. I think he’s going to come back with something naughty, but instead he says, “Want me to hold her? Your arms must be tired.”

            I say, “I should get her back to the hotel for a proper nap, but Dale didn’t leave a baby seat.”

            Aspen says, “If AJ wants to hang with Reese a few, I’ll run you over then come back for them.”

            AJ nods and says, “Sounds good to me.” Looking at his little girl, he says, “How about a hot fudge sundae?”

            She says, “YEAH!”

 

            After dropping us off, Aspen hugs me tightly. “Call when she wakes up and we’ll come over. Twig, she’s SO adorable.”

            I kiss her cheek and whisper, “Thanks Red. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.”

            She pushes me gently and says, “Water under the bridge. Call me.”

            Nick carries her to my room and lays her in the center of the bed.  I pile pillows up around her so she can’t roll off before turning to Nick. “Are you sure you don’t mind watching her for a few minutes?”

            He tweaks my nose as he says, “She’s my daughter, Jade. I just want to stare at her.”

            I blush and say, “I really am sorry, Nick.”

He shakes his head.  “Not your fault. Go talk to your friends. I’m not going anywhere.”

            On impulse, I reach up and hug him. After a brief pause he lets his arms slide around my waist as he buries his face in my neck. I sigh and enjoy the feel of being in his arms before I gently push away from him.  He stares down at me, his hands on my waist, and whispers, “I’ll be here when you get back.”

            I smile and step away, bending over the bed to give Calleigh a kiss before slipping out the door quietly.

           

            After talking with Geri, I feel a little calmer; more at peace with my decision to move to California and be close to my sisters. As much as I’m gonna miss her and Dale and DJ, I need to be close to my family.  Calleigh needs it.

            As for Nick, Geri says I have to either cut him loose or go all in. It’s shocking that she has that attitude, but she made sense when she said, “Jade, you’re an all-in sort of girl. Give it a chance.  Go all-in. If it doesn’t happen, you know you tried. Only then can you pick up and move on.”

            As I get closer to my room, I hear Calleigh squeal with laughter.  Leave it to my girl to only sleep forty-five minutes. Oh, she’s gonna be cranky tonight.  When I let myself into the room, she sees me and smiles. “Mama! Mama!”

            Nick is lying on his back on the floor and she’s sitting on his stomach.  He looks over to me and smiles, saying, “She’s got more energy than me.”

            I laugh, tossing my purse on the bed and folding my legs under me to sit beside them. Calleigh crawls over to me and hugs me tight. I kiss her neck and whisper, “Hey Peanut, you having fun with Daddy?”

            She reaches out for him. He sits up beside us, allowing her to grab his hand as he slides up against me. “How did it go?”

            I watch Calleigh playing with his fingers. “Good. Geri thinks my plans for the future are good as long as I can remain focused on what’s important.”

            Calleigh gets bored and heads for her big suitcase, pulling out the toys Geri packed. Nick takes my hand and says, “What plans?”

            I turn to face him.  “I’m going to try with you.”

            Shock lights his face.  “You are?”

            I nod. “This is how she explained it to me. I’m an ‘all-in’ kind of girl, and if I give it everything I have and it doesn’t work…well, I can move on from there and focus on what’s important.”

            He looks past me to Calleigh trying to stack blocks and getting frustrated. Focusing on me he says, “She is important.  But so are you Jade. I just don’t know if I’m good enough for you.”

            I cover his lips with a finger and whisper, “Shh. Nick, I fell in love with you so long ago. Remember when I met up with you in Tahoe?”

            He nods. “Three nights of sheer bliss. We never left the hotel room.”

            I smile and say, “I stayed naked the whole weekend. Nick…we can work. We just have to try. Please say you’re willing to try too.”

            He leans closer. I feel his breath on my face. “Jade, I promise. I’ll give it everything I have.”

            He kisses me gently and my heart flutters. When we pull apart, I whisper, “No matter what happens, Calleigh comes first. OK?”

            He nods and says, “OK.”

           

            A little over an hour later, Aspen and AJ show up with Reese to play. As I sit snuggling with Nick on the bed while AJ and Aspen sit with the girls in the floor so they can get to know Calleigh, Nick’s phone rings. The grimace on his face tells me it’s not good.

            He answers with a  gruff, “WHAT?” I watch his face, seeing his forehead furrow with frustration. “No, I forgot but it’s not a good time now.” I’m confused, but wait patiently to see what’s going on.  “Why? What’s so God awful important it has to be today?”  Again, another silence, followed by “I’m at the Redbury with...Never mind, just…I’ll meet you downstairs in twenty.”

            After he hangs up, I say, “What? What is it?”

            He grimaces and says, “Paige. Wants to talk.” I lower my gaze, not sure what kind of response he expects. He tilts my face back up with his finger and says, “Don’t do that. I don’t WANT to talk to her.”

            I nod and say, “It’s ok Nick. I understand.”

            He leans closer and whispers, “I mean it, Jade. I don’t want to talk with her. I want to spend the day with you and Calleigh.  I NEED to spend a lot of time with you.”

            I have to smile.  I lean closer to him, putting my lips close to his ear to whisper, “I need you too.”

I kiss his neck, just below his ear, eliciting an almost inaudible groan from him. Whispering into my hair, he says, “Maybe Aspen can babysit?”

I giggle and say, “I can ask.”  He hugs me tight.  When we separate, I catch his gaze and say, “Can I…go with you to meet Paige?”

He looks at me warily and says, “Why?”

I lower my gaze and say, “I don’t have to. Never mind.”

Raising his voice, he says, “Aspen, can you keep an eye on Calleigh? Jade and I have something to take care of.”

AJ snorts and says, “Not a good cover Nick. If you’re getting a room then say it.”

Nick laughs and says, “Not that.” Turning his gaze to me. “Not right NOW anyway. We’re going to meet Paige.”

AJ’s mouth drops open faster than Aspen’s.  “Why the f…” Glancing at the girls, he cleans it up.  “Why are you going to meet HER?”

Nick says, “I don’t know what she wants. But I aim to find out why she kept my daughter from me.”

Nick takes my hand and pulls me out behind him. As we’re heading for the elevator, he doesn’t let go. “Nick, I don’t have to…I mean it, I can wait with them.”

He pulls me against his body as we wait for the elevator. “No. Jade, you have to know I’m serious about us.  Not just because of Calleigh. I hurt you bad enough you wanted to die. I didn’t know I did that and I’m sorry. I’m more than sorry. I’ve never…Jade, I don’t know what it’s like to be in love. I know what I feel for you I’ve never felt for anyone else, but we always covered it up with sex and our games.  I thought that’s all it was for us.”

As the door opens, I say, “How do you know that’s not all it is now?”

We step in as he says, “Because, when I first laid eyes on you at the photo shoot, I got the same kick in the gut I always got before when I saw you. The same overwhelming urge to bend you over a table and take you. Then…when I realized how you felt…when you told me you loved me, I realized that kick in the gut wasn’t just about having sex with you. Jade, I want to BE with you. Talking, laughing, crying, I can’t stand the thought of losing you. The last two nights have been hell. Especially knowing I caused you so much pain. I don’t know how I can ask for forgiveness…or even another chance, but I’m asking.  I was going to ask even before I knew about Calleigh.”

The elevator opens but I don’t move. We stare at each other. Finally, I whisper, “I’m all in, Nick. I’m willing to try if you are.”

He drops his lips to mine, kissing me deeply.  Another guest clearing his throat interrupts us.  I blush as we step past him to get off the elevator. He just smiles at me and steps on.  Nick takes my hand and whispers, “I am spellbound Jade. You’ve got me hooked.”

I grin like a silly school girl.  Wait till he reads the book. My leading lady DOES have him wrapped around her finger.  My smile fades. That’s not what I want with Nick. I want a relationship built on honesty and trust and love. And all three are going to take a lot of work. On both our parts.

We go to the corner of the lobby and sit, waiting for Paige to arrive. When she walks in the door, I glance at Nick. He stares at her. I can see anger in his eyes. Anger I’m feeling too. She kept his daughter from him. She kept him from my Calleigh. 

As Paige walks up, he stands. She puts her hands on his shoulders and gushes, “NICK! You look great.”

Before her lips can connect with his, he pushes her back and says, “What do you want, Paige?”

She glances at me. “Can we talk privately?”

He says, “No, we can’t. What do you want?”

Belligerently, she says, “Nick, this is between US. PLEASE.”

I stand and say, “Why don’t I give you a minute?”

Nick brushes my cheek with his fingers. “Don’t go. Whatever she has to say she can say in front of you.” Turning to Paige he says, “This is my girlfriend, Jade.  The mother of my child.” Paige turns white as a ghost.  Nick smirks. “Oh, so you do remember her calling.  Good. Care to explain why you felt I didn’t need to know about my DAUGHTER?”

Paige blushes, even though she’s pale. “I…Nick, we were…I was…the last thing you needed was a brat taking over your life.”

If Nick hadn’t grabbed me, I would have lunged at her throat. I hiss, “Don’t you EVER speak about my daughter like that! How DARE you!”

Nick pushes me behind his body and says, “Paige, we’re over. We’ve BEEN over for a long time. What do you want?”

She backs up a step, saying, “I wanted…Nick we were good. You know we were. We can be again.”

He snorts. “You’re fucking kidding me, right? You think I’m going to choose you over Jade? You think I could EVER love you the way I love her? My God, look at her Paige. She’s everything you’re not. She’s warm, vibrant and most of all, she loves me for who I am. I don’t deserve her love. I damn sure am not good enough for her, but I’m going to spend the rest of my life trying to make up for all the ways I’ve hurt her.”

I stare at him. I can’t take my eyes off him. He turns, meeting my gaze and my heart skips a beat. “I mean it Jade. I want to be with you. You and our little girl.”

I smile, forgetting Paige is even there. Tears cling to my lashes. He brushes them away with his thumb. “I want to be with you too Nick. We both do.”

He leans down, kissing me gently. When our lips part, he presses his forehead to mine and whispers, “I need you, Jade.”

I rub my nose against his and whisper back, “I need you too, Nick.”

 

When we part, Paige is gone. He looks down at me and winks. “Guess she figured out who I belong to.”

I can’t stop the smile from spreading across my face. “You belong to me now?”

He grins and says, “Yes, Mistress. What is your bidding?”

Being on the other end of this game is new for me. But the look in his eyes tells me that no matter what I say, he’ll do it.  I slide my hand up his arm and whisper, “Let’s see if AJ and Aspen can babysit a little longer.”

He smirks holding out his arm. “Already taken care of Mistress. And I have a room waiting. Shall we?”

I slip my hand through his arm and let him guide me to the elevator. “You thought of everything, didn’t you?”

When the elevator door closes behind us and we’re all alone, he backs me against the wall and says, “I’m going to please you, Jade. In any way I can, I am going to make you feel as special as you really are.” He kisses me deeply, my hands trapped between our bodies. Our lips part and he whispers, “I think I love you Jade. Don’t let me fuck this up.”

 

 

Chapter 27 by colorguard_diva

Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

Chapter 27

 

LILLY

 

Aspen and AJ took Reese and headed to the hotel so Reese could play with her cousin; leaving Brian and myself alone. Imagine my surprise when Red called. We were good and lip locked. Damn her! “What’s up little sis?”

 

“Nick and Jade wanted a little alone time so we’re gonna stay here and take care of the girls while they have grown up time.”

 

I giggled as Brian’s lips brushed against my shoulder.  I didn’t even know I was ticklish there. “Brian!” I squealed as I attempted to fend off his advance. He grabbed my hand and started working his way up my arm.

 

“It sounds like things are going well there,” Aspen noted.

 

“I’m trying to behave but he won’t let me.”

 

“You are too cute Lils.”

“Um Red…..I’m gonna have to go. Will you be back for dinner?”

“Go ahead and we’ll grab something here.  Stay away from my bed Lils.”

“You got it sis. Bye!” I hit the end button.  I turned to face Brian. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“I think I’m about to kiss the most beautiful woman in the world.”

 

“You think so?” His lips were pretty close and he was pushing the hair away from my face.

 

“Let’s go to Vegas,” he said before his lips landed on mine.

 

I pulled back.” And do what?”

“What do people usually do there?”

“People do a lot of things in Vegas Brian.”

“I know that but I was thinking we could be in those few that hear wedding bells instead of the clinking of change.”

 

“You’re serious.”

“Lilly, I take so few risks in my life. The minute I looked into your eyes I knew we had something different than the rest of them.  I’ve never believed in love at first sight but you are the reason I want to believe it exists.”

 

Nobody had ever said such sweet words to me and for the first time in a long time, I was willing to risk my heart and take that leap with him. I was worried about the ‘good’ boy marrying a porn star.  Well former but people would talk and didn’t want him to have to deal with that.  “I want to say yes but what are they going to say about you marrying someone like me?”

“Lilly, you don’t do that anymore last time I checked and it doesn’t matter to me what they think. They’ve had their opinions for years about girlfriends and whatnot; it’s not going to change now. I’m the only one that matters.”

“Okay so how are we going to Vegas tonight?”

“Rent a car?”

 

“My sisters are going to be pissed off if I do this without them.”

“Have you ever agreed with all their choices in life?”

“No.”

“We’ll text them as soon as it’s all official and when the tour is over, we can have a small party or reception”

“What about the guys?”

“I’ll just let them know I’m heading to Vegas early.  They don’t need to know you’re coming with me.”

“Okay. The only thing I ask is that you let me get a dress for the ceremony.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way darlin’.”

“Then let’s get this show on the road.  Let me get my stuff packed up.”

“I’ll start looking into the car.”

 

“This is crazy.”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back. “I don’t want you to do this if you’re not ready to but I can tell you this, I know I’m not going to feel any differently fifty years from now and I’ll wait that long for you if I have to.”

I loved how he made me laugh. I just love the way he made me feel.  Oh hell, whether I wanted to admit it or not, I was head over heels for him and not just because of some school girl crush that had built over the years.  I kissed him gently. “I wouldn’t make you wait that long. Twenty five maybe but not fifty,” I teased.

 

“I’d wait forever for you baby. Now go get your stuff. “

 

 

 

Twenty four hours later, we were in Vegas and I was officially Mrs. Brian Littrell.  If you think for one minute that I’m a non-traditional kind of gal, you’re dead wrong.  Just because of my earlier choices in life, doesn’t mean I didn’t want the same things every other girl in the world dreams of.  Okay, so the getting married part a little out there but for all the impulsive choices I’d made, this was the first one that made sense. He was good for me, good to me and that’s all that mattered.   Brian swept me up into his arms after he opened the door and carried me over the threshold. Strong for his size but that’s what I loved about him.  I know I should have told him we should wait but the way he looked into my eyes and told me that he’d wait forever, I knew he was sincere.

 

“What’s going on in that pretty little head of yours Mrs. Littrell?” Closing the door behind us with me still in his arms.

 

“I like the way that sounds Mr. Littrell.”

“So are you going to tell me or do I have to torture it out of you?”

“It depends on the kind of torture.”

 

He dropped me onto the bed and was about to join me when my cell phone rang. “Tell me you don’t’ have to get that.”

“They have no idea where I went remember?  I’ll be lucky to be alive.”

 

He reluctantly handed me the phone.  I looked at him apologetically. This was our ‘honeymoon’.  I could understand why he was a little torqued off.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Where the hell are you?” Jade demanded.

 

“Las Vegas. With Brian.”

 

“And you couldn’t bother to let anyone know where you were running off to?  We were worried sick about you.”

 

“What’s going on Lils?   You haven’t answered your phone in almost twenty four hours,” Aspen joined in on the scolding.

 

Great! She had the speaker phone on. “I didn’t tell you where I was going because I didn’t want you to stop me.”

 

“Stop you from what?” Aspen said.

 

“Stop me from marrying Brian.”

 

It went silent on the other end with the exception of the raspy voice shouting,” Are out of your fucking minds?!”

 

I turned to Brian and told him that AJ wasn’t pleased with our choice before turning the speaker on.

 

“No. We’re in love.” I answered him confidently.

 

“Nobody can fall in love in two goddam days! You have to get it annulled.”

“The hell we will!” Brian shot back at him.

I’d never heard Brian curse other than in the throes of passion but I so wanted to hit the end button and ravage my husband. “It’s too late for that anyway,” I lied; sending Brian a sly grin.

 

“Well Lilly Blue, are you happy with yourself?” Jade’s voice came back on the line.

 

“More than I’ve ever been in my life.  I know you wanted to be there but I’ll be there for you guys.  Just say you’re happy for me. I know what’s going to happen. I don’t care. He loves me and I love him. They can say what they want about us but as long as we’re happy, we don’t give a hoot about what the public says.”

 

“All I wanted was a simple yes or no.”

 

“As long as you’re happy that’s all that matters to us.   AJ’s just jealous cuz you beat him to the altar and Nick’s still in shock.   Enjoy your honeymoon Lils. You deserve  it,” Aspen added.

 

“Love you Red. Love you Twig.  Take care of my nieces and I promise I’ll spoil them as soon as I’m done being a newlywed.  Bye.” I hit the end button and met Brian’s gaze.

 

“You know what I love about you Lilly?” He said as he brushed away the hair surrounding my face.

 

“What?”

“Absolutely everything.”

 

Chapter 28 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies       

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 28

Aspen

Whoever said time flies when you’re having fun didn’t lie. Life was wonderful, and I had nothing to complain about. Reese and I were living with AJ now that the tour was over.  She was happy as a clam living with her daddy. They had bonded and were inseparable.

Jade and I continued to grow close, considering we spent a lot of time together while our men finished the tour. I talked to Lilly but she was busy with Brian. They were happy and in love.

Lilly never did tell me she was in the porn industry. I overheard Nick and AJ talking about it. I guess no matter what the Grey sisters would always have our fair share of secrets. I wasn’t mad that Lilly didn’t tell me, but sometimes I wished people weren’t afraid to tell me things. Sure, I may not have been as open about sex, but I watched a few porn videos in my life.

“Mommy, do you like my dress?” Reese twirled around letting her purple dress fly up.

“You look beautiful and so grown up.” I smiled at her. “But you need to make sure you don’t show your undies at the party.”

“I know. I’m four years old.” She sighed and ran out of the room.

After finishing my make up, I got up from the vanity and went to put on my dress. It was a stunning royal blue sequin lace dress.

“You need help zipping that?” AJ whispered in my ear. His hot breath sent shivers down my spine. “You look beautiful, Aspen.”

His fingers slid up my back as he pulled the zipper up. Once he was done, I turned around to face him. AJ looked sexy in his dark black dress shirt, blue tie, and glasses. I was a lucky woman.

“Thanks. You look good enough to ravish.” I licked my lips shyly, which caused him to pull me close and kiss me.

“We better head over to the party. Do you think everyone is going to be surprised?”

“I doubt it. I think they’ve been taking bets on us.” AJ laughed.

 

 

When we got to the club, the party was in full swing. Leave it to AJ to make us fashionably late. Reese found Calleigh and they ran over to Grandma Denise.

“You’re looking fabulous tonight.” Nick pressed a kiss to my cheek.

“Thanks Nick.” I smiled. “I love your dress, Jade.” She was wearing a gorgeous champagne colored strapless fitted a line dress. How she kept it clean with a toddler was beyond me.

Jade smiled at me. “Thanks, Red. You are stunning. Tonight’s about you. No one’s looking at me, except Nick.”

We both laughed. The guys excused themselves to get us drinks. Lilly sauntered over wearing a beautiful dark green dress. She had a glass of wine in her hand. “Hey sissies. This is a great party, Red. So, do you have a big announcement or something? This is a swanky party for no reason.” Lilly laughed.

I ignored her comment. “So, how’s married life?” I asked hoping she would take the hint.

“It’s awesome. Everything is great. Brian treats me like a queen.” Lilly gushed as Nick and AJ walk over with our drinks.

“That’s great Lils, you deserve to be happy.” I sipped my sparkling grape juice.

Lilly was staring at Nick who was currently picking up Calleigh and Reese. I had thought her attraction to him would be gone since was happily married. I hoped that Jade didn’t see her looking at Nick. A fight in the middle of my engagement party would not please me.

AJ and quickly excused ourselves to talk to our other guests. I had met so many people in the last hour that I would never remember their names. My feet were starting to hurt from the high heels I was wearing, so I found a table and sat down.

“Where my mommy and daddy?” Calleigh asked as she climbed on my lap. I could tell she was getting tired. She placed her thumb in her mouth.

“I’m not sure, sweetie. They can’t be too far.” I kissed the top of her head, as I looked for my own daughter. Reese was perched in AJ’s arms talking a mile a minute to Howie. “You can stay with Aunt Aspen until we find them. You having fun, Calleigh.”

“Yeah, but I sweepy.” She yawned. I rocked my niece until she fell asleep.

Where could Nick and Jade be? Knowing them they found a secluded place to have some fun. They had an adventurous sex life. Not that I would complain about mine. It was great but not as wild and crazy as most people would assume a sex life with AJ would be. That wasn’t his fault. I was pretty traditional when it came to making love. AJ accepted it, and we had no problems in the bedroom.

“Where’s Nick and Jade?” Lilly sat down. “I bet they are off fucking. I swear that’s all they do.” She exclaimed loudly and started to laugh.

“Umm…I don’t think that’s a conversation I want to have.” I tried to change the subject.

“Oh, come on Aspen. You’re not a prude anymore. You’re having sex with AJ fucking McLean. He’s the freakiest member of the hottest boy band in the world.”  Lilly didn’t even lower her voice.

“I’m not talking about my sex life. End of discussion.” I rubbed Calleigh’s back to help myself remain calm. 

We sat there in silence. Lilly was sipping a glass of champagne. I continued to look for Nick and Jade.

“Brian is everything okay with Lilly? She seems so different tonight.” Colleen, Howie’s wife questioned. “She’s drank a lot tonight. I’m concerned about her.”

“I know, but it’s a party. She’s just…umm enjoying herself.” Brian said uncomfortably.

“Just keep an eye on her. You don’t want anything bad happening.”  She said and walked away.

Lilly’s face was full of anger. Both of us had overheard their conversation. “Lils…”

“Save it, Aspen. Nothing you can say will make me feel better. No matter what I do I’ll always be a screw up. I thought marriage would change that.” She pushed back her chair and stood up. “I need some fresh air.”

What could I do? Lilly was drunk and pissed. There was no way she was going to listen to reason. Things would be better in the morning when she sobered up. Colleen wasn’t trying to be mean, she was worried about her. I won’t lie, Lilly had me more than a little worried.

“So, are you ready to make our big announcement?” AJ took a seat next to me. Reese scooted over to give me and Calleigh a kiss.

“Of course.” I giggled nervously. I had been wearing my engagement ring on my right hand when we were in public. It was nice having some time to enjoy being engaged without everyone knowing. “I’ll be even happier when I become your wife.”

“I can’t wait to be your husband. After we get married we’ll have a house full of babies.”

“Are you sure? I mean after all the chaos Reese has caused these last few months, you want more?”

“Reese is a sweetheart.” AJ squeezed her to his chest.

“I an angel, mommy. Daddy thinks I do no wrong.” She smiled her most angelic smile at me.

“You’re an angel, Reese. You just like to get into things you shouldn’t.” I chuckled as I ruffled her curls.

“I been good. I painted daddy a picture on the wall in his studio.”

“You did what, Reese’s Pieces?” AJ coughed out.

“I painted a picture on the wall with those markers I use to draw my tattoos.” She explained.

“We’ll talk about it tomorrow.” I saw Jade and Nick walking over. They clearly had some adult fun. “Hey, Nick, you have a touch of lipstick on your face.”

Jade just smiled a bigger smile than she was already wearing. She loved being naughty with Nick. They were really cute together.

“Hey, just wanted to let you know that Denise offered to take Calleigh for the night. She’s going to take Reese home after the announcement so she can go to b-e-d.”

“Mom, that spells bed. I don’t wanna go to bed. I wanna party.” Reese screamed in AJ’s ear. We all started laughing.

“She’s her daddy.” Nick tickled his niece.

Nick took his daughter into his arms. We all headed toward the stage. AJ and I stood there until everyone walked over.

“First of all we want to thank all of you for coming tonight. It’s been a lot of fun, and the party isn’t over yet. Aspen and I have an important announcement.”

Reese was twirling around on stage. I ran over and picked her up before she hurt herself. That girl was a bundle of energy.

“Sorry.” I smiled sheepishly.

“Hi everyone!” Reese squeaked into the microphone. She loved being the center of attention. Everyone laughed and smiled.

“Back to our announcement.” AJ got their attention.  “Aspen and I are officially engaged. She has done me the honor and decided to marry my crazy ass.”

“Daddy, you’re ass isn’t crazy.” Reese remarked. The crowd started laughing.

“Reese Elizabeth, we don’t say those words.”  I scolded.

“But daddy said it.” She squirmed into her daddy’s arms.

“Well, now that the cats out of the bag, we wanted to celebrate with all of our friends and family. We hope to see all of you at the wedding.” AJ wrapped his arm around me. “Now let the partying continue.”

 We walked off the stage as a happy family. Our friends and family were congratulating us. I was the happiest woman in the room. After talking to what seemed like a million people, we walked over to Denise.

“You are a beautiful family. Let me take her off your hands so you can enjoy some time to yourselves.”

Reese was asleep as we gave her to her grandmother. Denise had so much love for me and Reese.  She had taken to us right away. It was nice having her in my life.

“I’ll carry Calleigh out to your car for you.” Nick held his sleeping daughter.

“It’s no problem. Tony and I have it covered.”

“Well, Pixie’s bag is in the car, so I need to get it for you.”

AJ and I gave Reese one last kiss before she was on her way to grandma’s for the night.

The party was in full swing as AJ pulled me onto the dance floor. A slow song was playing. He enclosed me in his arms. We swayed slowly in time to the music.

“Have I told you how much I love you?” He whispered in my ear.

“Not in the last hour.” I leaned my head against his.

“I love you Aspen Ruby Grey McLean. You’ve made me the happiest man alive. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“I love you Alexander James McLean. I never thought I would fall in love. I didn’t believe it would happen to me. I’m so independent that I wouldn’t let myself depend on anyone including a man. You made me change my mind. You let me be me and never force me to do something I don’t want to. I love the way that you love me.” It was the first time I had told him this.

“I love that way you accept me and love me unconditionally. Sure we are night and day when it comes to our personalities, but it works. I love you, Aspen.”

AJ didn’t give me a chance to speak. He placed his lips on mine for a long, slow, beautiful kiss.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 29 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 29

 

Jade

 

            As Nick holds me in his arms, I watch AJ and Aspen kissing. I’m so thrilled for her, I can’t put it into words. Seems like the Grey family is finally on track and growing.  Lilly’s married and she and Brian seem to be perfect for each other. Aspen is marrying the man of her dreams. And me? I’ve got Nick and Calleigh…his little pixie. What more could I want?

            He distracts me from my thoughts by kissing my neck, just below my ear. “What are you thinking, Beautiful?”

            I giggle into the collar of his shirt. “Wondering if it would be rude to sneak away again. The first time was a lot of fun.”

            He bites my earlobe, causing me to shiver. “Fun? Baby, it was WAY more than fun. And I have your panties in my pocket to prove it.”

            I should blush…but God knows how much I love this man. We can talk about anything, and I do mean anything. Ever been with a man who actually talked to you about your period and asked what he could do to help when you’re bitchy, crabby and cramping? Nick does. He takes my mood swings in stride and when the PMS goes away…he’s right there loving me with everything he has.

            I pull back and look into his eyes. “Nick, I never thought…I always felt like I could never be happy.”

            He strokes my face. “Please Baby…forget the past. I have. All that matters is I have you and Calleigh. You’re all I need. For the first time in my life, I belong to someone…I have something great. I love you Baby.”

            With tears shining in my eyes I whisper, “I love you too.”

            He kisses my nose and says, “Champagne, my darling?”

            I smile and nod. After he walks away, I turn and watch Aspen and AJ. That must be what Nick and I look like. So much in love. So in tune with each other. Aspen catches me watches and waves at me. I wave back, turning to find Nick.

            I see Lilly holding his hand and pulling him through the side door of the club that leads to the hallway where the bathrooms are. Don’t ask how I know this (but it’s where Nick stole my panties). As secure as I am that Nick loves me, I’m also just as insecure that I’ll never be enough to satisfy him. Especially knowing what Lilly’s body used to do to him when we watched her movies.

            I slowly make my way to the door, deathly afraid of what I’ll find, but bound and determined that Nick is mine and no one will ever steal him from me. I ease down the hallway, listening at various doors for their voices. Outside the men’s room I hear Lilly’s throaty laughter and my heart clenches. I press my ear to the door in time to hear her say, “I know you want me Nick. You were watching me.”

            My stomach knots up. I hear Nick say, “Lilly, you’re drunk. Why don’t you go find your husband?”

            She whines, “I already fucked him. I wanna fuck you. Come on, Big Boy, let me see what you got hiding in those pants.”

            I put my hand on the door handle and push down, slowly swinging the door open. I see their reflection in the mirror. She’s on the sink with her legs wrapped around his waist. Nick is trying to pull away, but she’s holding his body with her impossibly long legs and has one arm around his neck. The other is tugging at her dress, trying to free her breasts for his perusal.

            He pushes away harder. “Dammit, Lilly, I don’t want you. I don’t want this. I love your sister. I thought you did too. I thought you loved Brian.”

            She pouts. “I do love her. And I love him with all my heart. This isn’t about love Nick. It’s about you and me scratching an itch that’s been there for years.”

            I start to push my way in, but I stop short when he says, “I did want you, Lilly. For the longest time. But that changed. Everything changed when I realized just what I have with Jade. And how fucking stupid I was before. I’m not going to do this. I won’t allow you to hurt her this way.”

            I push the door open, garnering their attention. “What the hell do you think you’re doing Lilly?”

            She drops her legs. “Umm, nothing, Nick was…well, he wanted…FUCK Jade, you know what guys want!”

            Nick stammers, “I didn’t…Jade, I swear to God this wasn’t my idea! She…”

            I hold up my hand. “I heard Nick. I heard what you said.” I turn my attention to Lilly, not realizing the hallway behind me has filled with my family and friends. They all have a front row view of how my own sister tried to sleep with my man. And right at the front of the group…Brian.

            Lilly looks at me. “Come on, Twig, this is me. You’re gonna believe him over your own sister?”

            I shake my head sadly. “I don’t have to Lilly. I heard you. I heard what you said. I heard and saw everything.” Dropping my voice to an agonized whisper, I ask, “How could you do this to me?”

            From behind me, Brian chirps, “Or me?”

            She blanches as Nick pulls away and walks over to me. “Brian, wait…I didn’t…this isn’t…BRIAN!”

            He turns and walks away and she runs after him, not even bothering to apologize. I raise my gaze to Nick’s. In a pained whisper, he says, “Jade, I swear…”

            I cover his lips with my fingertips, fighting back a sob. “I know, Nick. I did hear everything.”

            He gathers me into his arms and buries his face in my neck as the crowd returns to the bar. “Jade, Baby, she’s drunk out of her mind. Odds are she won’t remember it.” He takes a deep breath. “She needs help, Jade. Serious help.”

            I tremble in his arms. “Nick…I just…I’m sorry.”

            I start to pull away but he tightens his grip on me. “No. You’re not going to run from me. Not now, not ever. Jade, I love you more than anything in this world. You have to know that.”

            I nod into his chest. “I do Nick. But seeing her…hearing what she said. Nick you can’t deny that at one time you wanted…”

            He says, “Jade…Baby, when we watched her movies, I was flying higher than a kite on coke and she was a porn star. Every man I knew wanted to fuck her and it was just for her body. I know she’s more than that now. She’s your sister and even though she has a self-esteem problem, and apparently a drinking problem, I love her as a sister. But you…Jade, YOU are my woman. My lover, my friend…my EVERYTHING.”

            His words shoot straight into my soul. “Oh Nick, I love you so.”

            He kisses me gently. Then he slides down on one knee and takes my hand. “Willow Jade Grey, will you marry me?”

            To say I’m stunned is an understatement. Nick just proposed to me in a bathroom at a club where one sister announced her engagement and the other made a pass at him. I just can’t believe he did it. I start giggling. At his semi-hurt expression, I glance around.

            His gaze follows mine as his laughter joins in. I drop to my knees and wrap my arms around him. “You crazy, romantic fool. I love you, you know?”

            He kisses me hungrily before saying, “Is that a yes?”

            I tip my head back and laugh loudly. “I can’t wait to tell Calleigh her daddy proposed 3 feet from a urinal.”

            He bites my neck and growls, “Is that a YES?”

            I bring my gaze back to his. “Yes, yes, a million times YES!”

            With a grace that amazes me, he sweeps me into his arms and stalks to a stall.  After closing the door and locking it, he whispers, “You have to be quiet for this one.”

            “This one what?” I ask, knowing the answer.

            He smirks. “I’m gonna fuck my fiancé.  Now!”

            He I slip to the floor as he opens his pants. He draws me back up into his arms after exposing his ever growing erection. Wrapping my legs around him, he probes me till he slips inside. My dress rides up as his hands grip my butt, his fingers biting into my flesh.

            I whimper as he drives in deeper. “Shh. I told you, quiet. I’ll spank you if you’re not.”

            I bite my lip. He’s so fucking hot when he takes control like this. It’s agony for me to be quiet…and I don’t quite make it. When the orgasm overtakes me, I nearly scream. He jerks my face to his and swallows the sound as he lets go and climaxes inside me.

            After we catch our breath, he whispers, “I owe you a spanking, you naughty girl. But for now…”

            With my body wrapped around his, he manages to hold me with one arm and slide his hand into his shirt pocket, pulling out a ring. “I love you Jade.” I hold out my shaking hand and he slides the ring on it.  Our eyes lock and he whispers, “Till death do us part.”

            I feel the tears seep from my eyes and whisper, “I do.”

Chapter 30 by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies

Copyright 2012

By Terri

 

Chapter 30

 

Lilly

 

“BRIAN!” I called over and over and over. I was beginning to sound like a broken record. I was following him out the door and straight to our car. He’s a fast little fucker but considering the handicap of heels I had, I wasn’t doing too bad in keeping up with him. “Goddammit Brian! Would you just fucking stop and talk to me?!”

 

He turned around and my heart sank.   Talk about sobering!

 

“What the hell do you want me to say Lilly?!  You were trying to fuck my best friend in there. Do I mean that little to you?!” He was keeping his distance on the opposite side of the car.

 

I was still drunk but I answered him sincerely. I knew one thing in this world was true, I loved him with all my heart and he loved me despite my very sordid past.  I know I’m not that woman anymore but when we went out in public I could feel the eyes always on me like ‘there she is, Lilly of the night’.  Maybe it was my own paranoia. “No.  I love you.  You know that.”

 

“Do I?  It sure doesn’t feel like it these days.  I married you for better or worse but I can’t keep my promise if you continue on this path of self-destruction.”

 

“So I have a few drinks.”

“You have more than a few drinks everyday baby.  You need help. The kind of help I can’t give you.”

 

I started walking away from him. I didn’t need to hear it. I was hearing it at every angle. I didn’t need my husband bringing up the rear on the subject. Things weren’t as perfect as everybody believed they were.  For being a porn star, I was a pretty decent actress.  For some of the men I had to let touch me for my sisters’ educations I had to be.  It probably didn’t help that I kept pushing him away every time he wanted to get close.  I’m not talking sexually necessarily. That actually seemed to be the only way we got along these days.  Everybody else believed I’d changed, why couldn’t I?

 

“You walk away from me this time Lilly and you may as well keep on walking.” His voice came from behind me. I stopped dead in my tracks.  That never hurt so much as it did this time.  Why?  Was it possible I actually had given my heart to this man?  I felt like a small part of me was dying with those words. The part that was him.

 

I turned and stormed back toward him. “Why do you love me?  Why do you put up with me?  Why?! Why?!  Why?!” I cried at the top of my lungs as I came at him.  He grabbed my wrists and looked me in the eye. “Why?”  I sobbed.

 

“Because you laugh at the jokes nobody else gets, you know how to make my favorite foods, you get that I’m not always the good boy everybody else sees and most of all because you have this soft side that  you never let the rest of the world see. “

 

“Why don’t you hate me right now?”

He loosened his grip on my wrists and gently took my hands. He should have been really pissed off but he wasn’t. “Because I love you and I want you to get some help.   I know you think you don’t have a problem but everybody loves you and they’re just concerned.  Don’t you know how much you would be missed?  How many people would miss you? I want you to get better and I’ll do whatever it takes to get you there sweetness.”

“You won’t just take me and leave me there will you?”

“Oh Lilly.  How could you ever think that I would do that to you baby?”

 

“I don’t know. I’ve just been left so many times that-“

 

He didn’t let me finish the sentence. “I’m not everybody else. I’m your bear.  I always will be but you have to do it on your own for a little bit.  Will you do that for me?”

 

I nodded.  “Jade’s never gonna speak to me again Brian.”

“I’m speaking to you.  You just have to give her a little time.”

 

“I love you.”

“I love you too Lilly Blue,” he replied and pulled me into his arms. He broke down with me that night.

 

 

 

The next morning Brian called Jade and Aspen.  I know how stubborn Jade is but I have a feeling Nick had something to do with her being there.  I don’t even remember half of what happened but I do remember breaking my sister’s heart. Now I understood why.  I was a fucked up mess at my youngest sister’s engagement party and I’m surprised she didn’t kick my ass out the door for what I bellowed in front of Calleigh. I was horrible.  Nick, AJ and Brian took the girls out to the backyard to play while I sat inside alone with my sisters. The two women I’d betrayed the most in my life. They sat across from me on the couch expectantly; arms folded across their chests. “First of all, I’d like to apologize for my behavior last night.  Aspen, I am so sorry for being such a bitch and Jade, God Jade, I hate myself for doing what I did to you. It’s like the alcohol took over and returned me to the Lilly of the night.  I understand if you never want to speak to me again but I also wanted you to know that I’m going to get some help. Real help. I’m going to go into rehab. I didn’t believe I had a problem until Brian was willing to let me walk away from him.”

 

“He would never do that to you Lils,” Aspen replied.

 

“I would have. Of course I don’t have a dick so I don’t matter,” Jade spat.

“Twig!”

“Well it’s true!  She whored herself out to get us through school, why wouldn’t she do it for the thrill anymore?”

“I expected you to be angry Twig but that was just flat out evil.  Once Brian walked into my life, every other man in the world has been non-existent. I had a lot of alcohol in me and I did A LOT of stupid things last night but you have no right to be sitting up there on your high horse when you couldn’t even tell us about Nick all those years!  Do you honestly think I would mess up the best thing that ever happened to me intentionally?!” I shot back at her.


“If you were paid enough you would.” she replied coldly.

 

“Get out!”

 

“You’re the one that invited us here.”

“Did I ask Red to leave?”

“Why Nick Lilly?!”

 

“Because he was there.  If there would have been another man standing there, it would have been somebody else. I didn’t know what I was doing.  My husband ran it down for me this morning. Why do think I’m having such a hard time looking Nick in the eye?  I love you Jade.   Please don’t hate me.”

“I don’t hate you Lils but for as long as we’ve been alive, guys have always swarmed to you. I wanted to be you for that reason alone but lately all I could think is what happened to my gorgeous, vibrant sister and why isn’t she getting any help? I love you.  You’re just gonna have to give me some time.”

“I can do that.  Red?”

 

“Just get some help Lils. That’s all I want for you right now. “

 

I got up from the chair I was sitting in and walked toward them. “Can I sit?”

 

“I don’t know. Can you?” Aspen teased.

 

“If you move over a little I can smartass.”

She moved over and allowed me to sit between them. I looked to each of them then said, “ There aren’t a lot of things I’m sure of in this world but the two things I know are that I have a man that will always stand by me and a bond that the strength of ten thousand men to break between me and my sisters. “

Jade let her wall of anger down and Aspen was the first to wrap her arm around my shoulder.  Jade followed suit and from that day I became a new person. I was no longer that Lilly Of The Night. I was just plain old Lilly Sapphire.

 

 




Epilogue by colorguard_diva

The Truth Between The Lies       

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Epilogue

Aspen

I couldn’t believe I was getting married tomorrow. I was excited and nervous at the same time, but I tried not to let it show. Jade was on cloud nine, as she and Nick were also getting married.  We decided on a double wedding since we had grown so close.

Tonight the guys decided to babysit for us, so the Grey sisters could have an evening together. It had been almost a year since we saw each other. We still had a few things we needed to talk about after all this time.

“Lilly, I have to say little Adam John is adorable. He’s looks so much like his daddy.” I was happy for Lilly. She and Brian were the parents of a three month old.

“Thanks!” She beamed. Lilly always wanted to be a mother, and now she was living her dream.

“He’s the first male in the Grey family. That makes him pretty special.” Jade commented.

Jade was somewhat hesitant when it came to Lilly. She never did regain full trust of Lilly after what happened at the engagement party. It wasn’t as bad when Nick was out of the picture.

After rehab, Lilly and Brian had moved to Kentucky. Brian mentioned that he wanted to be closer to his family. I think he wanted Lilly to be as far away from Nick as possible. Why tempt fate?

I finished placing the cupcakes on the coffee table and sat down. Each of my sisters grabbed their favorite cupcake and began eating. I picked up a red velvet one and slowly started nibbling.

“Is everything okay, Red?” Jade put her cupcake down.

“Yeah. Sort of. I guess.” I really wasn’t sure how I was feeling at the moment. Maybe a little overwhelmed.

“You want to talk about it?” Lilly moved closer to me.

“I’m selling the cupcake shop, AJ and I are trying to have a baby, Reese starts preschool.” I said in one breath.

“Why are you selling the cupcake shop?”

“When did you start trying to have a baby?”

My sisters were throwing out questions left and right.  I guess I had to answer them. I turned toward Lilly first. “I want to be a stay at home mom. I love the shop, but I only opened it to provide for me and Reese.” Then, I looked at Jade. “Umm…about two months, but we’ve had no luck. I think it’s because I’m stressed. Reese is getting so big. She asks every day when she’s getting a brother or sister. AJ is ready to buy her a cat, so she stops asking.”

“It will happen. Just think how relaxed the two of you will be on your honeymoon. You’re going to be able to have sex all day long for two weeks.” Lilly teased.

“So, how much sex are you having with an infant in the house?” Jade questioned with a smile.

“You’d be surprised. Brian is great at finding all these little moments in the day to fuck.” She started to laugh. “We even did it once when his parents were visiting.”

“Mr. Goody Two Shoes?” Jade shook her head. She didn’t dare make a comment about her sex life with Nick. It made things easier between her and Lilly if she kept quiet about Nick.

“He’s really a bad boy. I’m sure your sex life is wonderful.”

“I have no complaints. So, where did Nick decide to take me on our honeymoon?” Jade changed the subject quickly.

“I’ll tell you, if you tell me. I was kind of worried when AJ came down with the smallest suitcase this afternoon.” I relaxed on the couch. I was enjoying the time with my sisters. I didn’t know if we would ever have this chance again.

I wanted things to work out with my sisters. We had been close as kids and teenagers. Things were difficult now. We all had our own lives to live. I guess marrying Backstreet Boys would help us remain close. I was going to stay optimistic.

“Why the hell would you let AJ pack for you?” Lilly fell to the floor laughing. AJ and I were polar opposites on pretty much everything. Somehow we managed to make things work.

“Because he planned the honeymoon and won’t tell me a damn thing.” I threw a pillow at her.

“Well, he’s taking you to Fregate Island.”

“Where the fuck is that?” Why would AJ take me to some place I never heard of?

“It’s a private island in the republic of Seychelles. It’s an island area around Africa.”  Jade explained, sounding like a travel agent.

I don’t know whether to be shocked or pissed. I grabbed another cupcake and started stuffing it in my mouth.  Both of my sisters stared at me. I pretended to ignore them. This was not something I wanted to talk about.

“So Twig. You are going to love what Nick has planned for you.” I gave her a huge smile, as I tried to forget about being pissed at my hubby to be. “You are spending two weeks in a private cabin in the Pocono Mountains. I think it’s going to be romantic.”

Jade had tears in her eyes as she gave me the biggest smile. “Damn, I love him so much. I can’t believe he remembered.”

“Tell us.” Lilly demanded. It was nice to see her and Jade getting along.

“Well, that one summer after college, I worked at that summer camp in Pennsylvania. Nick visited me on one of my long weekends off.  He rented a cabin and we spent the whole time making love.” She sighed dreamily.

“That's so romantic. Kind of makes me wish I was marrying Nick instead of the bastard I’m getting hitched to.”

“Hands off my man.” Jade retorted. “Why is AJ such a bastard?”

“He loves you so much, Red.” Lilly moved on the couch next to me.

“I know he does. Why does he feel the need to impress me with such over-the-top shit?” I knew I was angry because all I wanted to do was cuss.

“He just wants to give you everything you’ve never had.” Lilly explained. I wasn’t buying it.

Jade scooted over to sit next to me on the couch. “I just think that is AJ’s way. He wants to make you happy and goes about it in a big way. You better get used to it. I don’t think he’s going to change.”

“Then maybe he doesn’t know me like I thought he did.” I pouted. “I would have been happy going to the local Holiday Inn with him.”

Jade patted my leg. “Give it a chance. I’m sure you will love it. He just wants to make you happy. I think you’ll end up loving it.

“I guess.” I turned the conversation to Lilly. “So you never told us about your honeymoon.”

“It was lovely, especially the nudist beach in Crete.” She giggled.

“You got Saint Brian Thomas Littrell on a nudist beach! Did he take all his clothes off and run around in the buff?” Jade started howling with laughter. I pictured Brian running down the beach naked and started giggling.

“Hell yes. We ended up staying there for three days instead of heading to Greece.” Lilly blushed. I think that was the first time I ever saw her blush.

“I don’t believe you. I want to see pictures.” I took a drink of my water.

“You will never see my hubby naked.”

All three of us cracked up. It was nice hanging out with my sisters. This is what I had wanted the last few years. Would it last, I wasn’t sure. Lilly was so far away from us. I knew it was probably for the best as least for now.

My sisters were the only family I had. I stopped talking to my mom and dad when I left for college. I didn’t even know if they were still alive. Jade hadn’t talked to them in years. I wasn’t sure about Lilly since she never mentioned our parents. Would they have been proud of us?  There was no sense in dwelling on it because I’d never know.

Lilly and Jade were two of the most important people in my life. Without them I wouldn’t be who I was today. Lilly Blue was the mother I never had. She made sure I was clean, fed, and knew right from wrong. It was a lot for her to take on at such a young age. Jade was my best friend. We shared our dolls and secrets since we were little. Deep down I knew I could count on both of them for whatever happened in my life.

Sure, we had our share of fights and disagreements. What sisters didn’t? When it came down to everything; it didn’t matter that we had kept secrets from each other all these years. Sometimes secrets were needed to make sure we were taken care of. I don’t think we kept them to hurt one another. Down the road, I believe we will still hide things from one another, but we all have a wonderful man to share our secrets with. As long as my sisters were happy, I would be happy, too.

“So does anyone have any secrets they want to share?” Jade asked as she took a sip of her wine.

“I’m good.” I smiled.

“I think I’m all out of secrets.” Lilly shrugged with a smile.

“You two are no fun.” She stuck her tongue out at us.

We spent the rest of the night talking and eating. I will remember this night with my sisters for the rest of my life. For once we were all truly happy.

 

 

 

 

 

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10958