Two Is Better Than One: Sequel to Kay Are You Down by CarterFan28
Summary:

After all this time Kalie and Nick are finally together but Nick has to go on the This Is Us 2010 tour. Nick promised to be faithful but Kalie is leery about being left home alone. She feels threatened by the beautiful backup dancer Nick will be performing on stage with and worries Nick might cheat like her pervious boyfriends. He said he would be different but will he? Will he stay true to Kalie? Or will the temptations of being a star on the road consume Kalie’s best friend? Have Nick’s feelings for Kalie changed? Find out in the sequel to Kay Are You Down, Two Is Better Than One!      


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: Yes Word count: 54201 Read: 32750 Published: 04/05/13 Updated: 05/31/13
Chapter 14 part 1 by CarterFan28

Chapter 14 We're Still Celebrating Aren't We?

 

***Kalie's Point Of View***

 

The next morning I delicately moved Nick's arm and got out of bed without waking him up. I got ready for work then wrote Nick a little not telling him I might be out of work early. As I sat down to a quick breakfast by myself I thought about going on tour with Nick this time. I really did want to be with him on tour but yet I loved my job at the dance studio. Plus  didn't want to let my students down or lose my job forever

My classes for the day went quickly and smoothly. After Mark and I were finished with our work I sat down and talked with him about the choice I had to make as we waited for our boss Diangela to finish her last class.

"What do you think I should do Mark?"

"Follow your heart Kayl."

"But my heart says go with Nick but's also telling me to stay here where I have a stable job with good money."

"Well going on tour would give you good money too plus you'll be with Nick and you won't have another little tiff again. If you stay here knowing you you'll get lonely again but then again you'll have your friends and family and your job."

"This is so difficult! What do you think Diangela would say?"

"It depends on what we're talking about," Diangela walked into the staff lounge.

"Kalie has a big decision to make Miss Boss," Mark spoke up.

"Spill Kay," Diangela took her seat across from me and I looked at her.

"You remember what happened a few weeks ago while Nick was on tour right?"

"Clearly! You were an emotional wreck! You were walking around like you were some zombie and you danced like one too. Don't tell me he's going back on tour soon," Diangela raised her eyebrows at me.

"He is. And remember I told you that I found out Marcy was his dance partner?"

"Yes and you said that she was trying to make Nick cheat and that's why you were so emotional."

"Well Marcy was fired and they are looking for her replacement. Nick..."

"Nick offered you the job because you're a professional and his girlfriend," Diangela finsihed what I was going to say.

"Yes and I'm torn..."

"Between going with him and staying here where you've got a job that you love and pays you well."

"Damn Dia! Can you please stop reading my mind," I chuckled out astonished.

"Let me ask you something sweetie, do you really want to stay home by yourseld like the last time and miss him as much as you did before?"

"No that was torture."

"And I know that you don't want to have another fight with him and you don't want another dancer dancing with your man and not knowning what goes on after or before the show. But let me ask you something else, do you think you would be tired of the same dance routines night after night?"

"I know I would get tired of it. That's why I like working here and coming up with new dance routines constantly."

"And I can tell that you're afraid of coming home jobless when the tour is over."

"You know me too well Dia."

"I would hope I know you by now. You've been my student ever since you were ten when I took over from my mother in law."

"Plus you're like another mother to me."

"I get that a lot from my dancers."

"It's true Mama Dia," Mark said.

"Oh stop flattering me Markie."

"So what do you think I should do Dia?" I asked.

Diangela looked into my eyes and replied, "I think you should go be with Nick on tour so you can keep on eye on him even though I highly doubt he'll ever cheat on you."

"But I don't want to get the spot as his back up dancer just because I'm his girlfriend. And I'm really going to miss it here."

"I'll tell you what, I'll be your replacement while you are gone that way I won't hire anyone new and you'll still have a job to come back to."

"Really? You would do that for me?"

"Of course I would honey! You're my favorite student and you and Mark are the best teachers I have. I wouldn't think about replacing you in a million years! Correction there is no replacement for you Kalie."

"I'm touched and flattered Dia. I really am. But I would feel bad taking the job over other worthy dancers trying to catch a break."

"When are the try outs?"

"Today at 5:30."

"Do you have any resumes to fill out or any dance routines you need to learn?"

"I have both." I took out the papers from my bag and Diangela grabbed the resume and Mark grabbed the routine.

"And I have an idea," Mark spoke up.

"Spill," Diangela and I said at the same time.

"Since you want to get this job fair and square we can disguise you, nothing too drastic but something to fool Nick and the rest of BSB and the people who know you. And we can fudge your resume too. We can even give you a fake name."

"You think this will work?"

"Oh have faith Kalie, have faith!" Diangela exclaimed as she shook my shoulders. She stopped and stared at me for a little while.

"What is that look on your face?"

"I think Mark's idea will work. And I think his fiance can help up disguise you. I'll be right back." Diangela dashed out of the room.

Mark and I looked at each other and my parenter said, "Uh oh, here we go. She'ss bringing Lacey into our evil plan."

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11088