Short Story Collection by Anita
Summary: This is just a collection of short stories I have written. They each stand alone unless stated other wise.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 6903 Read: 4496 Published: 12/04/07 Updated: 12/04/07
Story Notes:
Most of the ones I am posting here were written years ago from probably 2000-2003

1. One In The Same by Anita

2. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Anita

3. Calendar Girl by Anita

4. Just For You by Anita

5. A Girl's First Kiss by Anita

6. Testify The Love by Anita

7. Sweet Sorrow by Anita

One In The Same by Anita
One In The Same by Anita

He watched as her small bare feet stepped onto the blue springy floor. He watched her tiny hands curve gracefully.

After a moment, the soft, classical notes to her music began.

She danced a graceful dance, her expression flowing.

She flipped and tumbled her way into the hearts of her fans. He watched her small, lean body twist and turn.

From behind the notes of the music, above the whispers of the crowd he heard the instructions from her coach.

Howie was amazed at what she could do. He never was really a big gymnastics fan, but today, during a day off he had been bored so he put on the tv and there she was. Shannon Miller.

It hadn’t taken long but soon he was swept into her routines. So far she was in the lead.

He felt a tug in his heart. It wasn't that he felt as if he had fallen in love with her like many of her fans, no the tug was that of understanding.

He watched her finish her routine, watched as she smiled and waved to the crowd, then walk breathless to her coach for a hug.

Howie listened to the screams of her fans. He saw the cameras flashing as boys and girls snapped pictures of their favorite gymnast.

He kept his eyes glued to the tv and watched her face expression.

"And Shannon gets a 9.912 for a beautiful floor routine! Putting her in first for the gold." The announcer said.

Howie watched as Shannon looked on as Dominique Daws took the floor. He watched Dominique and her powerful tumbling. Then he watched as Dominique received a 9.925 for her routine leaving Shannon with a silver medal.

He could see the disappointment in Shannon’s face as she gave a small smile to Dominique and said good job while clapping.

"I understand the disappointment Shannon." He said quietly to the tv.

"People here watching Shannon wonder, is she getting too old for gymnastics? She is almost at the senior citizen age of 19 and has gone on a winning streak of silver medals instead of gold." The tv reporters said.

Howie understood in some ways what Shannon was going through. She was a sports celeb. Living in the limelight, giving autographs and pictures for fans. He knew what it was like not to have a normal childhood like most people.

He also knew how frustrating things could get when people doubted you for your ability as many had done to the Backstreet Boys, and what they were doing to Shannon.

"I love the competition and doing gymnastics. It's what I am and what I love to do." Shannon said on tv to the announcers as she smiled wearing her medals.

Howie felt the same. He loved singing even if he wasn't the most popular. Even when things got tough and people doubted the guys’ ability, they stuck through because it was what they loved.

Shannon continued gymnastics because it was what she loved.

The competition ended and a football game started. Howie sighed and flipped off the tv. He knows times would be rough and times would be great, because that’s how it always was.

In many ways he and Shannon, were one in the same.

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Anita
Breaking Up Is Hard to Do by Anita

Aimee McCool sat waiting for her boyfriend Howie to come see her. She had not liked the way he sounded over the phone when he called her.

He seemed very nervous and unsure of himself. She thought back to the phone call.

"Um, Aimee? Hey it's Howie. Listen can I come over? I think we really need to talk."

"Is there something wrong Howie?"

"Listen I need to talk to you about this in person ok?"

"Um, sure, ok..."


Then he had hung up.

She sighed hugging her knees to her chest and rocked herself.

She was afraid of what he had to say to her. They had been together for 2 long years and they had been the best years of her life. She thought back to the day when they first met.

"Honey, you have to go up to that young man Howie. I know it hurts that he beat you in this talent show, but you have to learn how to be a bigger person, no matter how much it hurts," Her mother told her pushing the younger Aimee towards the smiling boy.

"Um, hi. Congratulations." She said softly looking at the floor.

"Thank you. I know this probably doesn't mean anything, but for what it's worth, I think you deserved to win." Howie told her smiling shyly.

Aimee's cheeks heated up as she blushed deeply.

"Thanks..."


No, it hadn't been love at first sight. But as they kept running into each other at talent competitions, both winning their fair share.

Finally after a year of running into each other, he asked her out and she had agreed.

Now here they were, after two years of dating, they needed a serious talk.

There was a knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in." She called soflty.

Her door opened and there he was. Her boyfriend. Howie D. Her Sweet D.

"Um, hey." He said not meeting her eye.

"Hi. Would you like to sit?" She asked hoping her voice didn't sound as pathetic as she felt.

He nodded and sat on the chair by her desk. He clasped his hands in his lap, then finally looked at her.

"Aimee, I'm gonna cut to the chase. Nick and A.J and I decided to form a group. We found two more members, Kevin Richardson and his cousin Brian Littrell. Our group is called the Backstreet Boys and we have a record deal." He blurted.

She blinked. She could not believe what he just said.

"Howie thats great!" She smiled but then noticed that he wasn't sharing her happiness.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked.

"Well sort of..." He looked away.

"Well what is it?"

"The thing is, I think it would be better if we broke up." He said soflty.

She felt her whole world crash around her. Her heart crumbled into a billion pieces. She fought back the tears that she knew were trying desperately to fall.

"Why?" She finally asked soflty.

"I'm not gonna be home that much, we will never see each other, and you know as well as I do that long distance relationships do not work out. You should be able to date other people, and I think I should also." He answered.

She stared at him.

"I can't believe you. After two years, you decide that you want to date other people! You are an ass Howard! A complete jackass and I hate you!" She shouted feeling anger take over her heart break.

"Baby please." He reached for her hand.

"DON'T CALL ME BABY AND DO NOT TOUCH ME!" Screamed at him standing up.

He got up tears pricking his eyes.

She grabbed her hard back book of the nighstand and threw it at him. He ducked.

"I'm sorry." He chocked out before he left.

She screamed frustrated and collapsed on her bed sobbing.

Howie got into his car. He just never realized just breaking up is hard to do. It was the first time he had ever broken up with someone. And this made him feel like shit.

Aimee was spent crying. She lay with red rimmed eyes. She really hated him for what he did. He was her first love. She sighed and turned on the radio. Her oldies favorite song played. She stiffened. Check that, ex favorite song.

to do do
down dooby doo down down, comma comma
down dooby doo down down, comma comma
down dooby doo down down
breaking up is hard to do

Don't take your love away from me
Don't you leave my heart in misery
'If you go then I'll be blue
'Cause breaking up is hard to do

Re-mem-ber when you held me tight
And you kissed me all through the night
Think of all that we've been through
And breaking up is hard to do

They say that breaking up is hard to do
Now I know I know that it's true
Don't say that this is the end
Instead of breaking up I wish that we were making up again

I beg of you
Don't say goodbye
Can't we give our love another try?
Come on baby, let's start anew
'Cause breaking up is hard to do

They say that breaking up is hard to do
Now I know I know that it's true
Don't say that this is the end
Instead of breaking up I wish that we were making up again

I beg of you
Don't say goodbye
Can't we give our love another try?
Come on baby, let's start anew
Since breaking up is hard to do

down dooby doo down down, comma comma
down dooby doo down down, comma comma
down dooby doo down down
(breaking up is hard to do)


She sat up determined. She was going to get over Howie no matter what.

Starting now.

*Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up is Hard to Do
Calendar Girl by Anita
Calendar Girl by Anita (Sequel to 'Breaking Up Is Hard to Do')

Aimee McCool laid on her bed reading from her Spanish III Honors book. Suddenly the phone on her table rang.

"Hola?" She asked answering it still reading her book.

"Muchacha, como esta?" A familiar voice answered.

"Excuse me?" She wasn't quite sure who it was.

"Hey Aimee, how are you?" The voice said softly.

"Who is this?"

"Howie."

Aimee dropped the phone in shock. She quickly put herself together again and grabbed it once more.

"Howie...what do you want?"

"Um, just to talk..."

"About what?"

"Well, I was thinking, maybe I was wrong about us breaking up."

"Excuse me? You have to be kidding me!" She laughed at him.

"Forget it Howie, I am not taking you back."

"But Aimee.."

He was cut off when she slammed the phone down. He rolled over and turned on the radio.

I love, I love, I love my calendar girl
Yeah, sweet calendar girl,
I love, I love, I love my calendar girl
Each and every day of the year


He sighed. Once upon a time, he thought the song was exactly the way he would have discribed their relationship and how he felt about her.

At one point he had loved her more than anything.

January
You start the year all fine
February
You're my little Valentine
March
I wanna march you down the aisle
April
You're the Easter bunny when you smile

Yeah, yeah, my heart's in a whirl
I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl
Every day, Every day of the year.
(every day of the year)


He became thoughtful, January was the month that they had started dating, February he had given her the promise ring in diamonds in a heart shape, March they had their first big make out session, April went to their first dance.

May
Maybe if I ask your dad and mom
June
They'll let me take you to the junior prom
July
Like a firecracker, I'm aglow
August
When you're on the beach you steal the show


Prom was typical. They had made love for the first time.

Howie sighed. He was really beginning to hate this song. Too many damned memories.

He knew that they could have made more together, but no he was a dumb jackass and he broke up with her.

He punched the wall, something very strange coming from him, the calm peace maker.

Yeah, yeah my heart's in a whirl
I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl
Every day, Every day, of the year
(every day of the year)

Yeah, yeah my heart's in a whirl
I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl
Every day, Every day, of the year (every day of the year)


Aimee laughed with her new friend Will. He was the blond quarterback of her high school football team.

Will smiled down at her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

Aimee smiled back at him enjoying the feel of his arm around her. Her heart beat faster to the feeling of being so close to him.

She sipped on her milkshake as they walked together through the mall.

Suddenly a bunch of younger girls ran past her screaming. She looked at Will confused.

"What is going on?"

He shrugged.

"Oh, some boy band, the Backstreet Boys, or somthing is here signing." He answered not really caring.

She felt her heart drop to the floor.

Slowly she and Will passed the table.

September
I light the candles at your sweet sixteen
October
Romeo and Juliet on Halloween
November
I'll give thanks that you belong to me
December
You're the present 'neath my Christmas tree


Howie sat at the table in a bad mood. He hated being in his hometown knowing that he would not be able to go see his girl.

He looked up to get ready to sign the next autograph. His eyes widdened. There she was, his beloved Aimee.

His heart broke when he realized that she was not alone. He saw Will, a popular jock, with his arm around her.

Howie could not tear his eyes away from Aimee. Suddenly, their eyes met.

The crushing all of his hopes, she turned and walked away from him.

Yeah, yeah my heart's in a whirl
I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl
Every day, Every day, of the year
(every day of the year)

I love, I love, I love my calendar girl
Yeah sweet calendar girl


Aimee left with Will, he was not interested in some stupid boy band, she was not interested in the boy band that had stole her first love.

She slipped into Will's car and decided it was time to let go of her feelings. Time to push Howie back into just some nice memories.

She knew she couldn't hate him, they had too many beautiful memories.

She smiled slightly, maybe someday, she and Howie could actually be friends.

*Neil Sadaka - Calendar Girl
Just For You by Anita
Just For You by Anita (last story in the Howie/Aimee trilogy)

Howie nervously closed the seal on the envelope. Enclosed were two tickets and backstage passes to the concert for the following night. He wasn't even sure if she would show up, but still, he had to try.

He sent down one of his security guards with the instructions of how to get the envelope to its rightful owner.

He sat back. Part one of his plan was in motion. Now for the next step. He picked up his cell phone to make a very important call.

~!@#$%^&*

Aimee McCool was reading when the doorbell rang. She got up and answered the door.

"Aimee McCool?"

"That's me." She said not recognizing the person.

"Special delevery." He said handing her a envelope then turned and left.

Aimee shut the door wondering what on earth it could be.

She opened it and a not fell out. She read it.

Aimee, I am so sorry for the way things have ended. I cannot believe what a fool I was and I hope you can forgive me. Here and two tickets and backstage passes for tomorrow's concert. I hope to see you there, Howie

Aimee called her best friend Carly and told her the story.

"Girl you so have to go!"

"Why should I? He is the one who broke up with me!"

"Yeah, and obviously he is sorry!"

Aimee sighed and became thoughtful.

"Fine but you have to go with me."

Carly agreed and Aimee hung up.

************

The next day, Aimee picked up Carly.

"Girl you look hot!" Carly said with a smirk as she got into the car.

Aimee looked down at her outfit. She wore flared black jeans and a green sweater.

"You don't look bad yourself." She smiled at Carly

Carly wore white low rise jeans and a white jean halter that showed off her tummy and tan.

They drove the the concert ready for some fun but Aimee was beyond nervous.

**********************

Howie paced his dressing room nevously. He already had told the guys that there might be a slight change to the shows schedule and they had been understanding.

The door to his dressing room opened.

"Thank you so much for coming on such short notice." Howie told the person as he shook his hand.

"No worries, I was honored to be included in this."

Howie smiled.

"I just hope she comes and that this works."

He took a deep breath as the show began.

**************

Aimee happily danced with Carly to the music. They were bothing having a wonderful time.

Howie spotted Aimee and waved to her. She offered a shy wave back.

After the song finished, Howie went backstage.

"Ok guys, she is here, we are gonna go with the plan."

He walked out on stage.

"This next song is a slight change in the program, this is for a very special person here tonight."

Aimee was scared out of her mind. She held her breath. Her jaw dropped when Lionel Richie walked on stage with Howie.

"Aimee McCool, this is for you."

Music began.

Golden days, life was play
Pain was all a world away
We went to school we learned the rules
We trusted all they had to say
Then life took a turn
We had to learn
And we can't go back again

Howie picked up a microphone and with a voice filled with emotion, began to sing with Lionel.

And my heart is breakin Just for you, just for you
And my arms are open just for you, just for you
Just for you

God was god, dreams were dreams
Life was all cake and ice cream
Truths were true and lies were lies
We thought love would never die
But the world moved on
My illusion's gone
And I don't know who to blame

And my heart is breaking Just for you, just for you
And my arms are open just for you, just for you
And these tears I'm crying are just for you, just for you
Just for you

I'm looking for protection
Give me shelter from the storm
I just hope this light inside me keeps me strong
ohhhh ohhhh

And my heart is breaking Just for you, just for you
And my arms are openjust for you, just for you
And these tears I'm crying are for you, just for you
Just for you
Just for you

As the song came to an end, Howie nearly chocked on the emotion he was putting into it. He just hoped that this was working and he and Aimee would be ok again.

He met her eyes gaze, and held it.

Ohhh my heart is breaking (my heart is breaking)
And my arms are open (And my arms are open)
Ohhh these tears I'm crying (these tears im crying)
Their just for you (Are just for you)
Ohhhh yeah

Their voices blended beautifully with the last notes. When the last notes of the music faded, Lionel and Howie left the stage.

Aimee sat dazed for the rest of the concert. She had so many emotions going through her at that moment she had no idea what to do.

When the concert was finished, Carly dragged Aimee backstage.

"Hey." Howie said softly.

"Hi." She greeted shyly.

They both stood silent for a moment.

"So, do you forgive me?" Howie asked finally looking up.

She hesitated.

"Yeah, I do. Thank you so much for the song, it was beautiful."

Howie smiled.

Lionel walked over to them.

"So this must be the famous Aimee." He smiled and shook her hand.

"Yes, thank you so much for letting Howie sing your song with you, it was beautiful."

"It was no problem at all, I am honored that he wanted my song."

When Lionel walked away, Howie led Aimee to meet the rest of the band. She smiled and greeted them. Then she introduced Carly to the guys. She noticed Kevin and Carly eyeing each other. She smiled and poked Howie.

"Hhmmm, interesting."

They laughed.

"You wanna give it another try?"

"You mean it?!"

"Sure, I mean if you want to..."

Howie smiled widely and hugged her tight.

"I love you Aimee McCool."

"I love you too Howie."

Their love was reborn.

*Lionel Richie - Just For You
A Girl's First Kiss by Anita
Author's Notes:
lol im such a dork! *blushes* and by the way I had my first kiss WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before 17
 

A Girl's First Kiss by Anita

It was a compete dream come true. After waiting all 17 years of my life I had finally gotten my first kiss. And this was no ordinary first kiss. No my first kiss was from Kevin Richardson of the Backstreet Boys.

It all began on the day that they came to a mall near my house to sign autographs. I was very excited and grabbed my 8x10 pictures of them that I had gotten at their last concert. Bright and early I drove to the mall so I would be sure that I would get them to sign the pictures. Amazing as it was, I was pretty close to the front of the line.

I hugged my pictures close to my chest. After about 10 minutes I got to the front of the table. The first boy I got to was Howie. I handed him my picture of him with a shy smile. He smiled back, signed the photo and agreed to take a picture with me.

I moved on and the next person was Brian.

"What's your name sweetie?" Brian asked me.

"Anita." I said in my soft voice.

He flashed me his angelic smile as he signed my picture then we posed for a picture together.

I thanked him then moved onto AJ who was next in line.

"Why hello there." He said taking his sunglasses off and looking me over.

I squirmed slightly. I wasn't used to guys looking at me like that.

"Hi." I answered him unsure of what else to say.

He took my photo and signed it then as we posed for a picture he kissed my cheek and winked at me.

I blushed slightly and moved on. The next person was the one and only Nick Carter. He was tied for favorite with Kevin. When he looked at me with those piercing blue eyes I swear I almost fainted. Asking my name he signed the photo then stood so we could take one together.

I was shaking slightly I was so excited. He stood behind me wrapping both arms around my waist then put his chin on top of my head. He bent and kissed my cheek after my friend took the picture. Lucky for me, Rachel was able to snap a picture of Nick kissing my cheek.

I moved on to the last boy, my other favorite, Kevin. He signed my photo and stood. Wrapping his arms around me Rachel took the picture.

That’s when it all happened. Once the picture was taken, I turned my head up to ask Kevin a question. Little did I know he was bending down to kiss my cheek. Both of us had moved so quickly our lips met in a sweet, gentle kiss. My eyes closed the second our lips met. I had expected him to quickly move away but instead he increased the kiss slightly making it all the ever more better.

We both pulled back and just looked at each other. Then he smiled and added something to what he signed. Then he sat again to continue signing photos. I meanwhile was floating on air.

Rachel and I rushed to the store to get the film developed then rushed home to compare autographs.

On mine Howie wrote, Thank you sweetie for your support. Love Sweet D.

Hers read, For a cute fan, Love Howie

From Brian, To Anita, a very shy girl who is also a beauty, Love B-rok

Hers, To Rachel, with the smile to light up a room, Love B-rok

From AJ, Hey there sexy don't be so shy! Bone

Hers, WOW! What boobs girl. You gotta shake what your momma gave ya! Bone

From Nick, Anita, you are a very beautiful girl with hypnotizing eyes. By the way aren't you gonna grow anymore you are so short! JK sweetie. Love Nick

Hers, Damn girl! ok sorry I won't say anything but nice :D You're a beautiful girl. Share some of your tallness with your friend. Love Nick

From Kevin, Anita, your smile is so sweet and your eyes are so full of life. You are a beautiful girl who’s gonna go far. Love Kevin ps. you are also a good kisser.

Hers, Rachel, You are a sweet girl. You are beautiful and a special person. Love Kevin.

We looked at each other and began to laugh.

"Dude! They noticed your big boobs though it was hard not to." I teased her.

"Well at least Nick didn't say I was short!" She shot back

I glared at her but smiled.

For a while longer we both talked about what had happened then went to pick up our pictures. She loved how her pictures came out. I smiled and began to look at mine. I blushed again seeing Nick kissing my cheek but what surprised me most was that she had gotten my kiss with Kevin on film.

"DUDE!" I yelled I was so excited.

"Surprise." She said with a smile.

I smiled back at her then looked at the picture again. I went and got it blown up to an 8x10 and had it framed. Then I hung it right by my bed. I would have my first kiss forever on film.

I looked first at the picture, and then at the large poster I had of Kevin and smiled at him. I put on my imported cd that had his song on it and listened to his beautiful voice. I also had my picture of Nick kissing my cheek blown up to an 8x10 and framed it then all the regular photos on my dresser. The pictures they signed were framed and put up too.

Kevin made my heart flutter, he was my first kiss something I would never forget.

Testify The Love by Anita
Author's Notes:
shoot me for how cheesy this one was!
Testify the Love by Anita

All the colors of the rainbow,
all the voices of the wind.
Every dream that reaches out,
that reaches out to find where love began.


Kevin stood back watching quietly as they slowly lowered his beloveds coffin down into the rich soil. He couldn't believe that it was all over for them. For him it all seemed like yesterday that he had met Kassey. That they had just fallen deeply and madly ever so in love.

Kassey had stolen his heart the day he laid his emerald green eyes on her, Kassey with that girly figure and killer attitude. He knew he loved her in an instant. He knew because of her, because of his love for her, he would never love again.

Every word of every story,
every star in every sky,
every corner of creation, lives to testify.

Kassey laughed as Kevin chased her down the beach. She smiled when his strong arms wrapped tightly around her. She couldn't believe that she had fallen in love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin looked at Nick nervously; he couldn't believe it he was getting married. Something he had wanted desperately all his life.

~! @#$%^&*

Kevin straightened up as the white coffin lowered down into the soil. He thought back on all of the good times they had had. He knew that no matter what happened to him, he would always love her.

For as long as I shall live, I will testify the love,
be a witness in the silence say words are not enough.
With every breath I take,
we'll give thanks to God above
for as long as I shall live, I will testify the love.

He listened to the words playing. It had been one of their favorites. And many of the words expressed how he felt. He knew he would testify their love. And more than anything did he give thanks for him bringing Sai into his life.

From the mountains to the valley,
from the rivers to the sea,
every hand that reaches out,
every hand that reaches out to offer peace.
Every simple act of mercy,
every step to kingdom come,
all the hope in every heart,
will speak what love has done,

Kassey stood with Angela in her wedding dress. She was so nervous that she was marrying Kevin but also, she was so happy. Kevin was everything she ever wanted in a man and so much more. She knew she would never regret the choice she had made.

~! @#$%^&* 

Kassey couldn't believe it. She and Kevin had been married for three beautiful years and now they had a baby to show for it. She looked down at the bundle that she held in her arms, and then smiled up at her husband.

'I love you Kevin.'

For as long as I shall live,
I will testify the love
be a witness in the silence says words are not enough.
With every breath I take,
we'll give thanks to God above.

Kevin sighed as the coffin finished its journey into the ground. So much had happened to them and after six years, and two children it was all over. He gently held Jerrid in his arms and held his daughter Rehgan by the hand.

The children cried silently. The had no understanding of why their mother was never coming home to feed them or tuck them into their beds at night.

They had no understanding of why death had chosen to take their mother away.

~!@#$%^&* 

Kassey floated above her beloved husband and children and watched sadly but she smiled at them. She closed her eyes and faced up towards heaven. She would rest there and watch over them protecting them forever.

Slowly she floated up towards the clouds.
For as long as I shall live, I will testify, I will testify the love...
For as long as I shall, live I will testify the love.
Be a witness in the silence says words are not enough.
With every breath I take, I take; we'll give to thanks to God.
Testify the love.

Sweet Sorrow by Anita
Had it been two years ago that we met when it just seemed as if it were only yesterday? I could not believe my luck to have found someone as great as her. She is amazing and something I am truly thankful for.

Ashley came into my life two years ago. I closed my eyes remembering the day. It was late in June, a beautiful sunny day on the beach. We had a day off so that’s where I headed.

I sat on the warm sand, burying my toes and looking around. I noticed a beautiful blond with curly hair sitting on a towel in a deep blue one piece. While most other girls were sporting skimpy two pieces and flirting with guys, this one sat quietly writing in her journal. I got up and walked to her.

"Hey there sweetness." I greeted her trying my hardest to come off as someone dashing. She looked up at me and scowled.

"Oh please, why don't you go away and waste your time on some peroxide blond bimbo." She said annoyed.

I grinned widely.

"Well actually I would like to get to know you, the others are not my type. May I sit down?"

She bit her pretty lips and hesitated.

"Well sure, I guess."

I smiled and sat next to her. We began to talk about everything.


Kevin smiled remembering their first day. He looked at Ashley and knew behind those closed eyelids were amazing soulful eyes. He kneeled in front of her thinking. He thought back to the day that started the events that led up to this.

"Kevin, I went to the doctor today." Ashley said tears in her eyes.

His stomach churned.

"What did they say?" Hoping greatly that he sounded calm and not terrified.

She sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"Kevin, I have a brain tumor." She answered him softly.

He felt his heart drop. No this could not be true this couldn't be happening to someone like her she did not deserve this. He struggled not to cry.


Tears pricked Kevin’s eyes with that memory. He still did not know why she had to suffer. He wished for her pain and sickness.

He glanced back down at her. Her smooth skin was creamy like milk. Sighing, he wished he could see her bright again. The smile that lit his heart on fire.

Ashley sat up in bed heaving. Kevin at her side trying his hardest to help her. He was so scared but knew he had to stay calm to help her. During unexpected times, she would get sick. It scared him to death but he had to help her in ever-possible way.

Soon it all passed. Ashley turned and looked at him a small smile.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." She said softly.

He smiled at her and hugged her.

"You are no bothering at all my love."

"Kevin, I don't understand, why are you sticking to my side? I mean all this hell with the brain tumor, my being sick all the time, why haven't you left?"

"Baby! I love you! I don't care that you are sick because you mean everything to me. You are my life. I will never leave you, understand that?"

She nodded.


Kevin held tightly to her cold hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed softly. He reached down and brushed her silky hair off her face. Time here was running short. Yet he did not have the heart to leave. No not yet, he could not be torn away no matter how much it hurt.

Kevin’s heart fluttered in panic. He had come home from the studio and found her out cold. Her tumor made her pass out. He had called for help and now stood by her side in the hospital.

Things were not looking god for her. They had done everything they could to help her. Radiation had not helped and they could not operate for it had grown too deep and it could kill her if they tried.

Kevin hated the doctors, hated them for not being able to save the one he loved more than anything.

He closed his eyes to rest.


Kevin finally stood. He bent and brushed a gentle kiss on her forehead. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze before he let go. He quickly walked out of the room in fear of a total break down like the many he had. He walked outside and looked up at the sky the sun shining on his face.

As he had just fallen into a light sleep he was suddenly jerked away. He looked at Ashley her eyes were open.

"Baby, you are awake!" His heart beat crazily.

Slowly she opened her mouth.

"Kevin...I I’m....so s sorry...I..love...you." Her eyes closed and her breathing stopped.

Kevin eyes widened and he opened his mouth and began to scream in terror.


Slowly Kevin walked away from the funeral home. He had to get ready for her burial. He could not believe his life had been taken so cruelly away. He wished he could too die, but he knew he couldn't, for her, for her memory, he must go on living.
Had it been two years ago that we met when it just seemed as if it were only yesterday? I could not believe my luck to have found someone as great as her. She is amazing and something I am truly thankful for.

Ashley came into my life two years ago. I closed my eyes remembering the day. It was late in June, a beautiful sunny day on the beach. We had a day off so that’s where I headed.

I sat on the warm sand, burying my toes and looking around. I noticed a beautiful blond with curly hair sitting on a towel in a deep blue one piece. While most other girls were sporting skimpy two pieces and flirting with guys, this one sat quietly writing in her journal. I got up and walked to her.

"Hey there sweetness." I greeted her trying my hardest to come off as someone dashing. She looked up at me and scowled.

"Oh please, why don't you go away and waste your time on some peroxide blond bimbo." She said annoyed.

I grinned widely.

"Well actually I would like to get to know you, the others are not my type. May I sit down?"

She bit her pretty lips and hesitated.

"Well sure, I guess."

I smiled and sat next to her. We began to talk about everything.


Kevin smiled remembering their first day. He looked at Ashley and knew behind those closed eyelids were amazing soulful eyes. He kneeled in front of her thinking. He thought back to the day that started the events that led up to this.

"Kevin, I went to the doctor today." Ashley said tears in her eyes.

His stomach churned.

"What did they say?" Hoping greatly that he sounded calm and not terrified.

She sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"Kevin, I have a brain tumor." She answered him softly.

He felt his heart drop. No this could not be true this couldn't be happening to someone like her she did not deserve this. He struggled not to cry.


Tears pricked Kevin’s eyes with that memory. He still did not know why she had to suffer. He wished for her pain and sickness.

He glanced back down at her. Her smooth skin was creamy like milk. Sighing, he wished he could see her bright again. The smile that lit his heart on fire.

Ashley sat up in bed heaving. Kevin at her side trying his hardest to help her. He was so scared but knew he had to stay calm to help her. During unexpected times, she would get sick. It scared him to death but he had to help her in ever-possible way.

Soon it all passed. Ashley turned and looked at him a small smile.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." She said softly.

He smiled at her and hugged her.

"You are no bothering at all my love."

"Kevin, I don't understand, why are you sticking to my side? I mean all this hell with the brain tumor, my being sick all the time, why haven't you left?"

"Baby! I love you! I don't care that you are sick because you mean everything to me. You are my life. I will never leave you, understand that?"

She nodded.


Kevin held tightly to her cold hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed softly. He reached down and brushed her silky hair off her face. Time here was running short. Yet he did not have the heart to leave. No not yet, he could not be torn away no matter how much it hurt.

Kevin’s heart fluttered in panic. He had come home from the studio and found her out cold. Her tumor made her pass out. He had called for help and now stood by her side in the hospital.

Things were not looking god for her. They had done everything they could to help her. Radiation had not helped and they could not operate for it had grown too deep and it could kill her if they tried.

Kevin hated the doctors, hated them for not being able to save the one he loved more than anything.

He closed his eyes to rest.


Kevin finally stood. He bent and brushed a gentle kiss on her forehead. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze before he let go. He quickly walked out of the room in fear of a total break down like the many he had. He walked outside and looked up at the sky the sun shining on his face.

As he had just fallen into a light sleep he was suddenly jerked away. He looked at Ashley her eyes were open.

"Baby, you are awake!" His heart beat crazily.

Slowly she opened her mouth.

"Kevin...I I’m....so s sorry...I..love...you." Her eyes closed and her breathing stopped.

Kevin eyes widened and he opened his mouth and began to scream in terror.


Slowly Kevin walked away from the funeral home. He had to get ready for her burial. He could not believe his life had been taken so cruelly away. He wished he could too die, but he knew he couldn't, for her, for her memory, he must go on living.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8722