- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

sorry this has taken forever!

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

“Madeline, come on. Wake up!” I heard my Dad say the next morning. I groaned and rolled over to go back to sleep.

“We have to meet them in ten minutes.” Dad replied in response to my groan

“Well I need sleep.”
“Do you want to get ready or will I have to drag you in your pyjamas?” Dad said.

“Fine… I’m getting up.” I replied. “Now go away.”
“No, not until you litterlly remove yourself from the bed because I know you’ll go back to sleep.”

I sat up and got out of bed.

“There, happy Dad?”
“Happy. It’s lovely to know you get more pleasant in the morning with age Madeline… NOT!” Dad teased.

“Hey, I’m a Wahlberg.”

“Baby, you need to wear jeans and a nice shirt okay? Make a good impression.”
“I will, I will. But I’m beautiful anyway!” I coaxed.

“Get ready Madeline. I’ll be downstairs, we’re leaving in ten.”

“Grr.”

 

When Dad left the room, I looked in my wardrobe for something to wear. I eventually found my skinny Sass and Bide Jeans and a grey and white stripped business shirt and my black Peeptoe heels and changed. Thankfully I had showered the night before so that was one less problem I had to deal with. I checked my hair in the mirror to make sure it looked half decent. I had only recently cut it into a little brown pixie cut, which took a bit of getting used to. I put foundation on then went back to my room and put my wallet, phone and house key into my bag and went downstairs to meet Dad.

 

“Come on Maddz, let’s go.”

 

We pulled up at a dance studio in downtown Boston and went inside. Jordan, Jonathan, Danny and Joey were all sitting around talking to the BackStreet Boys.

 

“Boys! What’s up?” Dad said as we walked in

“Hey Donnie, who’s this pretty lady?” Brian Littrell flirted.

“Brian, you are a married man. This is my daughter Madeline. Maddy this is Nick, Brian, Howie and Alex.”

“Nice to meet you guys,” I smiled.

 

We sat around talking about music and what sort of things I write about.

“Sing for us quickly Maddy.” Howie asked.

“Really? You don’t want to wait until tomorrow?”
“No, I want to hear you now. Come on!” Howie encouraged.

I stood up and I thought in my head about which song I should sing for them. I saw a piano sitting in the corner of the room and sat down and began to play and sing.

 

Six thousand miles at once can’t focus on one
Seven days a week but my life has just begun
So caught in emotion and I’m overcome
As I’m falling down I come undone

Sometimes I feel llke I’m alone
Sometimes I feel like I’m not that strong
Sometimes I feel so frail so small
Some times I feel vulnerable
Sometimes I feel, a little fragile

 

 

In six thousand years what will all this mean
A worse from a height or a melody
So caught in emotion and I’m over come
AS I’m falling down I come undone


Sometimes I feel llke I’m alone
Sometimes I feel like I’m not that strong
Sometimes I feel nothing at all
Some times I feel vulnerable
Sometimes I feel, a little fragile

 

If people could see right through my eyes
Like an open door that I can’t disguise
I won’t be afraid for the tears I cry
I’ll not run I’ll not hide
This is how I feel inside
A little fragile

A little fragile


Sometimes I feel llke I’m alone
Sometimes I feel like I’m not that strong
Sometimes I feel so frail so small
Some times I feel vulnerable
Sometimes I feel, a little fragile

 

I looked over at all the boys, they were sitting on the ground awestruck.

“Okay do we really need the audition?” Brian asked.
“Nope. Maddy you’re hired!” AJ replied.
“Yep, Maddy you were incredible. We have never heard anything like that before. Donnie where have you been hiding her?”
“Boston University man! She just finished a two year Drama degree.”
“Why Drama? You’re an amazing singer?” Nick asked me.
“Drama has always been one of my passions, being Mark Wahlberg’s niece and Donnie Wahlberg’s daughter and all. But Music has always been number one. Plus I didn’t get into a music course where I wanted to so I went with Drama.”
“Fair enough. Well you now have a job for the next six months!” Howie smiled.
“What about Jordin?”
“We’ll tell her what happened and maybe just get her in for one show if you need a break cause you probably will.” Joe told me.

“Awesome. Thank you so much!!! I owe you all big time.”
“It’s no problem at all. Welcome to the NKOTBSB tour.” Nick smiled and hugged me.

“Thanks.”

 

I hung out with the guys for the day, watching them rehearse their dance moves that were so fluid and well put together. Getting to know the BackStreet Boys was really good. I got along best with Brian Littrell and Nick Carter. Brian was such a sweetheart and he offered to write songs with me and he said he would help me rehearse. Nick was just fun, he spent half the time screwing around with Jonathan and Dad and teasing Jordan. During their breaks, Nick and I would sit down and talk about each other and our musical tastes. As rehearsals carried on into the night, I began coming up with songs I would open up with.

 

After rehearsals finished at about ten that night, we all went to the nearest McDonalds and sat around talking for an hour or so.

 

“Listen Maddie, I’ll drop you home, we’re going to go back to Nick’s hotel room and play some Nintendo.”
“Don’t you want me there?” I asked.
“We just didn’t think you’d want to hang out with nine old guys. You can come if you want.” Dad replied.
“Yes please!”

“Alright, let’s go then!” Jonathan said.

Chapter End Notes:

song lyrics: Fragile, Delta Goodrem
please review :) xx