- Text Size +
She knew what she was getting into when she signed up to be his girlfriend. The history was right there on the walls. Well, spread all over the internet. But like every girl before her, she thought she could change him. He would take one look at her and fall in love, be her one and only. Fairy tale stuff, that was what she was looking for and believed she had found it in Nick Carter. He was the sweetest guy she had ever met. Sure, he had his moments where he acted immature and childish but most men are like that. It was something she could live with and even tolerate, especially where Nick was concerned. He was good looking, sang like no other and his skills in the bedroom couldn't be beat.

It had been six wonderful months together. Engagement rings were dancing in her eyes. All the memories she had shared with him were playing through her mind as sat behind the wheel of her father's F150. Tears were pouring down her cheeks one by one as she stared out the windshield at the man that ruined it all. She couldn't believe he would do something like this to her. She had changed him, she had made him a better man. Didn't her hard work count for something?

She reved the engine of the truck and screamed in frustration. He was there in front of her, eyes wide with terror. It was obvious that he was trying to say something - probably pleading for his life. The duct tape across his mouth prevented him from making a peep. His hands were tied together behind his back and the rope around his stomach kept him tightly against a small tree. It was a struggle to get him there but she had managed.

This was it. She wasn't going to be humiliated any more. She wasn't going to have people talking about how he was with another girl last Saturday and she wasn't going to have any other girl look at her in pity as if she should have known it would come to this. This guy was never going to change - not for you and not for the next girl he sleeps with. The truck's engine was humming nicely and before she thought twice, she let off the brake and hit the gas. The machine lurched forward and quickly got up to full speed. The girl behind the wheel heard the loud thunk and felt the vehicle move slightly as it ran over whatever was in the way. The small tree snapped in two and a red spray of blood went out across the ground. She continued on her way, heading back down the old logging road to make her way into town - never looking back.