- Text Size +
"You know something doesn't feel right," Nick said, glancing over at Brian. A worried look on the younger man's face.

Brian shrugged the comment off and continued on with getting ready for the show. He reminded his friend that he always got this way towards the end of the tour. Nick let out a sigh as he watched Brian walk off and turned his head to see who else was around.

"Yo Kev, man I don't think these are working correctly."

Again, he was brushed off and told to get ready they were starting within a few minutes. Nick was frustrated with the fact yet again nobody was listening to him nor taking his comments seriously. But facts were facts, the screaming within the arena were confirmation. It was time to start the show. He would just have to suck it up.

The blonde closed his eyes as he was lifted up out of their hiding spot and started to move slowly through the arena. He began to do his well rehearsed moves, playing Nick Backstreet to perfection. Inside he was a mess. His heart was bounding out of control, sweat already starting to form on his forehead. Something wasn't right. His feet could move more freely and above all the noise, he could swear that there was a high pitched sweaking noise.

Time felt like it was slow moving as he made his way over the crowd towards his position. He looked down and that was a big mistake. It was obvious they were high up over the crowd but seeing the sea of people below made Nick's head start to swim. He swallowed hard and looked forward, some where off into the dark corner of the arena. Lights were flashing all around him, glow sticks swirling and the constant screaming of excited fans. He started to pray that he could get back on the ground quickly.

It was the home stretch. He was making his way towards the meeting point. His heart was pounding in his chest as he focused forward. The blonde didn't notice that his feet were moving more feely now nor did he realize that there was a cable hanging down past his safety device. He did, however, notice that he was starting to go slower and slower. Panic was about to set in when he looked down. His eyes went wide when he saw the cable and all at once he was dumped forward off of his flying skateboard. His feet were no longer attached and his safety harness was split in two. Nick Carter was falling towards the crowd. Screams of terror were mixing with the screams of excitement as those in the area noticed the youngest Backstreet Boy.

The morning paper had the headline regarding his gruesome passing but management was working had to keep all pictures of Nick dead out of the press. It was the internet where they had no control. Fans had posted the picture and it was spreading like wildfire. Images of Nick Carter impaled on the very pole he was supposed to use later on filtered through inboxes, horrifying people and leaving fans in tears.

His pray was answered, but not in the way he had hoped. There was no mention to arrive safely.