- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter! Been super busy!
Chapter 17


"What did you want to talk to me about?" Nick asked, sitting down next to the hospital bed and taking her hand in his.

"Nick...I have made you happy, right? I have given you what you wanted?" Amanda asked. Nick looked at her, his eyes narrowed.

"Of course you make me happy, baby. Just being with you is enough for me."

"Well.....I did some thinking. We have two beautiful children.....you and I agreed we would stop if we had a boy, right?" she said. Nick stared, blinking. Yes, he had promised Amanda that if they had a boy they would have no more children. However, deep down he wondered if Amanda was going to do what he thought she was.

"Baby, you have given me everything and more. Just tell me what it is."

"I want to have an operation and get my tubes tied. We won't have to worry about protection and I won't need birth control." Amanda replied. Nick's eyes traveled to the floor.....he knew she had decided to do this, he was going to respect her choice, but in a way he was disappointed. They did agree to just a boy and a girl, they didn't want a big family....or did he?

"When are you getting this done?" Nick asked quietly, his eyes not meeting hers as his thumb stroked her hand.

"I talked to the doctors and they agreed to do it while I am here. To be honest....I kind of planned this a while ago." Amanda said. She could see his expression, she knew what he was thinking. Nick was a little hurt that she hadn't talked to him and had just assumed that he would go along with it as per their agreement.

"Well, baby....if that is what you want, I respect your choice. Especially since you went through the trouble and all." Nick said. He kissed Amanda and walked out of the hospital room, walking to the nursery. He remembered doing this after Celine was born....after he had told Amanda to put Lance as the father of his daughter. He looked down at the babies behind the glass, Bryan was near the front, wrapped in a blue blanket and fast asleep. Nick smiled and put his hand up against the glass before curling his fingers and resting them there gently.

"Nick, you okay?" Brian asked from behind him. Nick turned around and coughed awkwardly, wiping a small tear out of his eye.

"It's been a long day. Guess I'm tired." he replied as AJ walked over holding Celine and Aaron trailing behind them. Brian was about to speak but AJ laughed.

"He looks like daddy." he commented, pointing at the baby.

"Not that much." Nick said as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and blushed slightly.

"Is that my nephew?" Aaron asked. Nick ruffled his brothers hair and chuckled.

"Yes it is, kiddo. What do ya think?"

"Do I gotta change his diapers too?" Aaron asked as everyone laughed, walking out of the hospital to let Amanda rest for the night.



Amanda was in the hospital for a few days after her surgery, and she was given bed rest by the doctor while she healed. Nick was suddenly overwhelmed with work, between working on promoting the album when he could, helping his brother adjust to private school.....and a newborn at home, Nick had his plate full.

"Dude, you look exhausted." AJ commented as they ate breakfast. Nick had dark circles under his eyes, his hair in disarray as he nearly fell asleep in his cereal.

"What?" Nick mumbled, running his hand through his hair and yawning.

"You okay? I mean....I can take the day off and help you with Bryan if you need it. You need sleep." AJ said. Nick's eyes closed again...he was so sleepy but there was too much to do, laundry to be washed, yard work...paperwork for the nightclub....

"Nick!"

"Huh? Oh....man...I gotta go. I have to go down to the club and take care of some stuff for Amanda whike she's resting." Nick yawned.

"Do you want me to stay home this afternoon?" AJ asked again as he watched Nick put on his jacket and shoes.

"No, I will be home around noon." Nick said before running out the door without touching his breakfast. AJ walked upstairs to find Amanda awake.

"Hey, Jay." she smiled, sitting up in the bed.

"I'm only gonna be home until noon. Nick had to step out for a bit." AJ said, giving her breakfast on a tray.

"He's been busy a lot lately, I've noticed. I told him he's doing too much." Amanda muttered as she nibbled at her toast.

"You know how Nick is. He likes to be Super Dad." AJ replied.

"Well, he better be careful...I don't want him to get burnt out. Maybe we should hire a nanny?"

"Don't be silly. Nick can handle it. I'm here to help." AJ protested, giving her a fake smile. Amanda knew AJ loved the kids like his own, but she knew the family needed a real nanny, especially since AJ owned the tattoo shop and was busier. He was dating Nick's drummer, Skye and Amanda knew he would probably be the next one to settle down.

"I'm gonna talk to him. He's doing too much," she said before AJ left the room. That afternoon Nick shuffled in, bags under his eyes.

"Hi, baby....how you feeling?" he asked, stifling a yawn and sitting on the bed.

"I'm good, how about you?" he replied.

"You look tired."

"Today's been a busy day." Nick explained.

"Baby, I was thinking....maybe we should get a nanny? You're doing way too much and its not good for your health..." Amanda said, but when Nick didn't answer she heard his light snoring and smiled. Tomorrow was always another day.