- Text Size +

Chapter 12 I Knew It!

Dinner with the “Backstreet Girls”, as they called themselves, was a lot of fun. Dinner was filled with laughter and delicious food. Well it was for everyone except Ryan. He sat at the table and never uttered a word. He was also muttering something under his breath about his food being too expensive and tasteless. I don’t know what his problem was because the food was awesome and he was usually not this quiet.

At one point during dinner Ryan’s cell phone rang. He shot up from the table without excusing himself and headed toward the hotel lobby. My best friends and new friends looked at me with questioning faces. I just shrugged it off and continued the conversation we were having.  

***Ryan’s Point Of View***

“Hey Ryan baby!”

“Hey Jackie,” I said to my girl.

“Are you in New York yet?”

“I got in yesterday. I’m sorry I didn’t call you. I couldn’t get away from her.”

“Can you get away from her tonight?”

“I’m trying to figure out if I can get out of going to this concert tonight. I would much rather spend the night with you.”

“Awe baby! I miss you so much!”

“I miss you too Jackie. I promise I’ll find some way of getting out of this concert. If not I’ll leave early.”

“Ok Ry. Can I come to your hotel though? I can’t get rid of my roommates. They know about you but they’re not willing to let me have the room to myself tonight.”

“Just come on over. I gave you the address right?”

“I memorized it. I can’t wait to see you tonight honey. Call me when the coast is clear. Oh should I wear the black set or red set?”    

I pictured Jackie lying down in the hotel bed in nothing but either her sexy black bra and matching thong or the red set she sometimes wore when we met up and stayed the night with each other.

My mouth started to drool as I imagined hovering over her half naked, supermodel body and answered, “You decide. You’ll look sexy no matter which one you wear.”

She giggled, “Alright then. I’ll surprise you. See you tonight honey.”

“I can’t wait.” I hung up my cell, wiped the drool from my lip and started to think about how I was getting away from the concert as I walked back into the restaurant.

***Kalie’s Point Of View***

Ryan got back to the table and I questioned lightly, “Who was that?”

“Ellie. She wanted to know if the plane ride went alright. And she wants me to visit tonight but we have the concert,” he said.

Ellie was Ryan’s older sister who moved out to New York to attend college. She was about Kim’s age I think. I never met her but Ryan went out to New York before to visit her.

“Well you could go visit your sister instead of going to the concert. I know how much you don’t want to go.”

“No I’ll go. If it makes you happy it makes me happy,” he said with sarcasm dripping from his voice. “I’ll just go visit her tomorrow.”

“Fine,” I breathed out. I was starting to not care about the remarks he made like that anymore. I just brushed it off my shoulder and finished my Dr. Pepper.

“Oh wow!” Leighanne said as she looked down at her watch. “It’s already 7:30. The show starts in a half hour!”

“Man does time fly when you’re having fun,” Rochelle chuckled.

“Yeah we should get to the Garden before the guys start worrying,” Leigh said.

“Remember the last time we were late for a show?” Rochelle asked.

“Oh boy!” Kristen exclaimed. “Kevin almost called out a search party for the four of us. Come on let’s go before they start calling us.”

We nearly sprinted toward the vans that were waiting to take us to the concert.

Madison Square Garden was packed! It was a good thing the VIP seats were reserved for us because there was no possible way we could have found seats anywhere else in the stands.

One of the body guards showed us to our seats and before we settled down Ryan whipped out his cell phone and walked away from us.

“Where are you going?” I called after him.

“I have to call my sister back. She left me a message.”

***Nick’s Point Of View***  

“Are the VIP’s here yet?” I asked Jen our tour manager.

“They just took their seats. Now you better get changed. The show starts in 15 minutes.”

“Thanks Jen. I’m heading there now.”

I caught up to the rest of the guys and we walked into our dressing room.

Standing in the hallway was Ryan talking on the phone with someone. He was talking in a quiet, gentle voice almost like he was in love with the person who was on the opposite end of the call.

I pressed my ear against the door and listened. AJ did the same. He didn’t trust Ryan either. In fact none of the Boys trusted him. They really did care about Kalie too.

“I promise I’ll get out of this damn concert and we’ll spend the rest of the weekend together. I’ll even go back to Florida with you… Don’t worry about her. She already has a way to get home.”

I knew it! He had another girl beside Kalie! This was the second time he cheated on her. Oh that scum bag had to go! But how could I make her realize it? Just then a brilliant idea popped into my head.

“I can’t believe him!” AJ exclaimed. “He’s two timing Kalie! She has to get rid of him! She deserves so much better!”

“I know. And I have an idea to help her realize that. Hopefully she’ll take the hint.”

The Boys huddled around me and I explained my plan.