- Text Size +

Chapter 12 Heaven

***Nick’s Point Of View***

            Before Kalie turned on her car I took out a ring from my pocket and started admiring it. It was a simple silver ring with two hands holding a heart wearing a crown.

            “What’s that Nick?”

            “It’s an Irish Claddagh ring straight from Ireland. I picked it up when we had some free time in Dublin.”

            “That’s really pretty.”

            “Yeah. The different parts of it mean something too.”

            “Tell me.”

            “The two hands mean friendship. The crown is for fidelity and loyalty. And the heart, of course, stands for love.”

            “That looks very small for you.”

            “It’s not for me.”

            “Whose it for?”    

            “You.”

“Really?”

            “Yeah. Let me have you hand.”

            She extended her right hand to me. The heart ring I had given to her as a sweet 16 present was on her ring finger. I smirked when I saw the purple stone.

            “And there’s a certain way of wearing it too.”

            “How so?”

            I explained as I slipped the ring on her middle finger, “If you wear it with the heart pointing away from you it means that you are single. If the heart is pointing towards you it means someone has stolen your heart away.”

            She looked down at the ring on her finger. I had purposely placed it so the heart was pointing away from her. This was my way of seeing if she really wanted to stay with me.

            She looked at me, “Nick, it fits perfectly but, I think it’s on wrong.”

            I looked into her eyes, “Then let me steal your heart away. And baby if a reason’s what you’re looking for, I’ll be yours.”

            She smiled at me and said, “How can you steal something that you already own? My heart already belongs to you and nothing will ever change that.”

            I removed the ring from her finger then replaced it so that the heart was now pointing toward her. I kissed her hand and stared into her eyes. She smiled at me and I couldn’t help but return the gesture. I missed seeing that smile. I missed looking into those gorgeous brown eyes of hers. I raised my hand up to the side of her face, rubbing my thumb over her soft cheek. I forgot how soft her skin was.

            She placed her hand over mine and asked, “Ready to go home baby?”

            “Hell yeah. But you have to keep me awake until at least 11 o’clock tonight.”

            “Why?”

“I want to get my body used to this time zone and our normal routine.”

“I figured that you would be tired. You’ve been touring for the past few months and you spent a day of travelling. How much sleep did you get on the plane?”

            “None. I’ve been up late for the past 22 hours and the plane ride was 14.”

            “Why couldn’t you sleep on the plane?”

            “Well Ma…” I was going to tell her about Marcy but I decided against it, “I was thinking about you.”

            “If it means anything I’ve been dreaming about you every night since you left.”

            “Now we can dream together.”

            She smiled, “Yes we can. And I can’t wait to dream with you tonight.”

            I kissed her hand again, “Me neither.”

            Kalie stared the car and we headed toward home. I wanted to see if I could sneak a little cat nap while Kalie was concentrating on driving. But I couldn’t take my eyes off her. I rested my head against my seat and my hand was up behind her head. I ran my fingers through her long pony tail. My fingers were tingling with the sensation of the chocolate brown locks falling over each finger. I didn’t know if I was going to be able to fall asleep later that night.

            Half an hour later we pulled into the drive way and I exclaimed, “Ah home sweet home!”

            Kalie giggled and got out. She popped open the trunk and started taking out my bags.     

            “Kalie leave those I’ll get them.”

            “It’s alright Nick. I got it. You’re tired.”

            “I know that but I can still bring my bags into the house.”

            “Since you have four bags we’ll just divide the work.”

            “Alright. You win. And it’s just because I’m too tired to try and convince you that I can do it by myself.”

            “If you say so Nick,” she laughed then kissed my cheek.

            We hauled the bags into the living room and I plopped on the couch.

            “What do you want for dinner honey?” Kalie sat down next to me and traced the side of my face with her fingertips.

            “I’m craving mac and cheese.”

            “Grandma Smith’s recipe?”

            “Oh yes please!”

            “Ok Grandma Smith’s mac and cheese coming right up. And I baked a loaf of her banana bread to go with it.”    

            “Yes! I’ll go to sleep with a full belly tonight.”

            Kalie laughed as she walked into the kitchen. I watched her sway with every step. Oh I was happy to be home.

            I finished my second helping of mac and cheese and a good chunk of banana bread then said, “That was delicious Kalie thank you.”

            “You’re welcome baby. Are you full?”

            “Yes I am. I couldn’t eat another bite. I’m going to go take a shower then crash.”

            “Can you just use the guest bathroom please?”

            “Why can’t I use the master bath?”

            “Because I have to set up a surprise for you in the bedroom.”

            My eyebrows rose with surprise, “Really?”

            “Yup.”

            “Can I just grab a pair of clean boxers and sweat pants first?”

            “No you can’t. I’ll throw them down to you.”

            She placed our dishes in the sink and headed upstairs. I was still sitting down as I watched her walk toward me. She leaned over and kissed my forehead sweetly as she walked pasted me. My eyes followed her every move and she looked over her shoulder and winked at me.

            After I caught the pair of boxers and sweat pants she threw down to me I took a relaxing hot shower. Finally a shower with actual water pressure. I let the hot water hit my skin and I just stood there for I don’t know how long. Before my fingertips started pruning I turned off the water and dried myself off. I pulled up my pants and stepped out of the bathroom.

            I went to the stairs and stopped before stepping on to them.

            “Hey Kalie,” I yelled up to her, “Can I come up there now?”

            “Yeah come on up.”

            I slowly climbed the stairs not knowing what to expect. Kalie was waiting for me at the top of the stairs. She was wearing a gray tank top and black booty shorts. She must have brushed her hair too because it looked neater then when she had picked me up from the airport.

            “You look cute sweetie.”

            “Have I told you that gray is your color baby?”

            We both chuckled, “Yeah I think you have. So what’s this surprise?”

            “Take my hand and close your eyes.”

            I did as she told me and I followed her into the bedroom. She guided me into the room with her hands.

            “You can open your eyes now,” she whispered into my ear.

            I opened my eyes and looked around the room lighted with scented candles and rose pedals spread on the floor and on the bed.

            Her lips went to my ear again, “Welcome home Nick.”

            “This is… very romantic.”

            “I was hoping you’d say that.”

            I turned to my girlfriend and eyed up and down her perfect body, “You know, you look really sexy in the candle light.”

            “Oh yeah?” She took her hair out of the scrunchie then stripped down to her sexy purple lace bra and matching panties, “What about now?”

            “Shit Kayl! You’re turning me on.” I eyed her up and down again. I marveled at how perfectly her hair fell onto her shoulders.

            She giggled cutely stepping toward me. She looked up at me and said seductively, “I know, so what are you going to do about it?”

            I gave her a devilish smile, “This.”

            I pushed her onto the bed and started to make out with her. But I stopped before I got carried away. Plus I wanted to get out of my sweat pants. I didn’t know if it was really warm in my room or it was just Kalie. I stripped down to my boxers and threw my sweats on the floor. I laid back down next to Kalie and wrapped my arm around her hourglass waist.

            “Why’d you stop?” she sounded disappointed.

            “I’m tired baby. I really just want to relax. And hold you in my arms.”

            “But you wanted me to keep you up until 11. It’s only 8. Besides you promised to save all your love for me. Why not show me that you kept your promise?” She kissed my forehead, down my nose and ended with a kiss on my lips. She then rubbed the side of her face against mine.

            “Baby I just want to hold you and watch a little tv until I fall asleep.”

            We looked into each other’s eyes then Kalie rolled hers and said, “Ok you win. What do you want to watch?” She reached for the remote.

            “You pick.”

            She turned on the TV that was already on VH1. They were counting down the 100 greatest love songs of all time.

            “Maybe this would put you in the mood,” Kalie joked.

            I tightened my grip around her waist and rested my head on her shoulder. She kissed my forehead then turned her head to watch the countdown.

            “And now at number 28,” the show’s host said.

“My lucky number,” Kalie commented.

The show host continued, “The song that made millions of girls swoon over this successful boy band even more, I’ll Never Break Your Heart by the Backstreet Boys.”

            “I wonder who they are?” Kalie joked.

            “I have no clue,” I kidded. “They sound pretty good though.”

            “I’d say they sound amazing.”

            She flipped over so she was facing me and cuddled closer. I started running my fingers through her hair and singing to her.  The song was interrupted by the comments that were said about the song. Whenever the song was interrupted we would steal kisses from each other.

            I’ll Never Break Your Heart ended and Kalie asked, “Are you changing your mind yet now that we have romantic music playing in the background?”

            “A little… but I still want to just hold you.”

              “But my whole body has been aching for you.”

            “Mine has too but I’ve got my mind set on just holding you. I kind of missed the old days before we took our relationship to the level we’re at.”

            “Yeah you’re right I do kind of miss those days. But I think I know what will turn you on.”

***Kalie’s Point of View***

            I leaned in closer to him. I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against his. I didn’t realize until then how much I longed for the taste of his kiss, his skin. I made a trail of kisses from his lips traveling down his neck, onto his chest, and ending on his lower stomach.

            I felt the excitement in his touch as he pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and said, “Kalie come back up here. It’s not going to work. I mean it when I say I just want to hold you.”

            “I’m so excited. This is like the perfect moment.” I kissed his lower stomach again.

            “It is the perfect moment… to cuddle.”

            I retraced the trail of kisses back up to his lips.

            He pushed the loose strands of hair away from my face and his sky blue eyes looked into mine, “I would rather just hold you for the rest of the night. I want to take you in, hold you, run my fingers through your hair…”

            “What’s the fun in that?”

            “You didn’t let me finish. I want to kiss you over and over again.”

            He leaned in slowly and our lips met delicately at first then our kiss became deeper and more passionate.  I pulled away from him just to reposition myself over him. My body was aching for him, I wanted him badly!

            I pulled away from him, sat over his crouch, and was about to unsnap my bra but he raised himself up to me and we crashed our lips together. I tangled my fingers in his hair and his hands gripped my waist.

***Nick’s Point Of View***

            I pulled away from her and spoke over her lips, “You’re making it hard for me to stick to my plan baby.”

            “Good,” she nibbled my bottom lip. “You can hold me afterward.”

            “Kalie, you know my mind is set baby.”

            “I can change your mind,” she started sucking on my neck. I could feel a hickey starting and her hand run over my package. I started to sweat.

She knew how to turn me on. Oh god did she know! But all I wanted to do was hold her. I had been missing her so much that’s all I wanted to do was to have her in my arms and just cuddle. What can I say? I’m not a sex hound all the time. I could be cute and sensitive.

I tried my hardest not to fall under Kalie’s charm but by god she was making my heart beat faster and faster. I had no choice but to give in, “Oh Kalie you’re too good at this!”

She let out a naughty little giggle as I pushed her onto her back.

            About three hours later we ended up just holding each other like I had pictured. She rested her head over my heart and I had my arms wrapped around her. We were watching the end of the greatest love song countdown.

            “Did you really miss me baby?” Kalie whispered.

            I looked down at her, “Of course I did.”

            “How much did you miss me?”

            “I missed you enough to dream about you every single night.”

            “Awe!” she sweetly kissed my chest.

            She paused then sighed.

            “It was stupid of me to think you were cheating on me with that dancer,” she confessed.

            “It wasn’t stupid. I’m not surprised you thought that to be honest.”

            “Why were you not surprised?”

            “Because of your past. You’re not used to being in a serious relationship with a faithful guy like me yet.”

            She smiled up at me, “I think I can get used to it pretty quick.”

            I kissed her lips and when her eyes didn’t open I kissed each eye lid. She looked up at me and smiled cutely. She was so beautiful in the candle light. Who was I kidding? She was always beautiful.

            “And finally to end the count down,” the show host announced, “number one Heaven by Bryan Adams.”

            “Remember I sang this song at Aaron’s Valentine’s Day concert that one year?”

            “Oh yeah. You did a really good job with it too. How about you give me a mini, private concert?”

            I smiled at her, “It will be my pleasure.”

            I sang gently to her,

“Oh - thinkin' about all our younger years
There was only you and me
We were young and wild and free

Now nothin' can take you away from me
We’ve been down that road before
But that's over now
You keep me comin' back for more

Baby you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven

Oh - once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feelin' down

Yeah - nothin' could change what you mean to me
Oh there's lots that I could say
But just hold me now
Cause our love will light the way

N' baby you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven

I've been waitin' for so long
For something to arrive
For love to come along

Now our dreams are comin' true
Through the good times and the bad
Yeah - I'll be standin' there by you”

            I looked down to find her sleeping. I turned off the TV then pulled the blanket up over her bare back and kissed her forehead. I rested my cheek on the top of her head and closed my eyes. In her sleep she tightened her grip around my ribs. I fell asleep feeling totally comfortable. Man it was good to be home.