- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Maybe it's time...

Chapter 2 Are You Disappointed

            Five days later I went back to the hospital to get my stitches removed.

“This is going to sting a little so prepare yourself,” the nurse said before she cut the first stitch. Nick offered his hand to me when I started wincing and gripping the examination table I was sitting on. I quickly grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly when the nurse slowly and painfully removed each stitch one by one.

“Damn Kayl!” Nick exclaimed, “You’ve got some grip!”

“Well it hurts!”

“I’m sorry I’m doing this so slowly,” the nurse said kindly, “It would be worse if these were ripped out. Plus that would create more damage. I’m almost finished though.”

I have to say the nurse did a really good job even though it hurt like hell. I thanked her for the job well done and left for the dance studio. I was still on medical vacation from work but I wanted to check up on my students.

“Look whose back!” I said interrupting Mark’s lesson.

“Kalie!” my students screamed and rushed toward me. Katie was the only one who stayed in the back of the pack because she saw me the day before. The rest of my students grabbed me into a group hug.

“When are you going to start teaching us again?” Shannon asked.

“Well I know it’s going to take me a while to get my dancing legs back but I’ll be here for your lesson tomorrow!”

“YAY!” they all rejoiced.

“Yes! I get my partner back!” Mark said hugging me. “How are you feeling?”

“A whole lot better thanks for asking.”

“Do you still have your stitches cousin?” asked Katie.

“No I just got them out. I just came from the hospital.”

“Did it hurt to get them taken out?” asked Roger.

“Yes! But my side doesn’t hurt now.”

“Do you have a scar?” one boy asked.

“A little one but it’s not really noticeable.”

“Are you sure you’ll be able to dance this soon?” Katie asked.

“Chill out cousin. You forgot that I danced on a twisted ankle before and my team still won.”

“Oh yeah I forgot about that competition. Just take it easy.”

“Kate I’ll be fine. And since when did you start sounding like a mother figure?” I joked.

“I just want my favorite cousin to be ok that’s all.”

I hugged her then said before Nick and I left, “Ok my students I have to go. I will see you tomorrow and be ready to show me what you guys are going to bring to the upcoming competition. I love you all!”

“We love you too Kalie!”

It felt really good to see my students again even if it was for a few minutes. They were so excited to see me and I didn’t realize how much I missed them until I saw them rush to me. That’s why I’m glad I decided to become a dance teacher. I loved my job and I don’t think any other job would’ve made me happy to go to work every day.

“Those kids missed you like crazy Kalie,” Nick said on the way home.

“I missed them.”

“They all came to visit you the day before you woke up, even the little kids and their parents. They were all so upset but they really wanted to see you.”

“Awe! I can’t wait to see my little kids. They are so much fun to teach. All of the age groups are fun to teach. And it’s awesome to see them learn and grow with each dance they learn.”

“It sounds like you really like your job honey.”

“I don’t like it I love it! I especially love when they become proud of their skills when they either nail a move they have been working forever on or win a competition they have been practicing for ages for. And I become so proud of them and I get this warm feeling inside its awesome!”

“I guess it’s like the rush I get when I’m on stage performing live. Or when I hear one of my songs on the radio or see a music video on TV.”

“Yeah I guess you could say that.”

When we got home Nick started grilling dinner and I started preparing myself for work the next morning. I did some light stretches just to see how my side would feel. So far so good so I decided to do some basic moves to see what my legs would do.

“Yes!” I exclaimed.

“Yes what?” Nick came in to take a break from grilling.

I rushed over to him and molded him into a tango hold then performed a small piece of a tango routine as he stood in the hold watching me, “I can dance!”

He laughed in amazement and replied, “Yes you can! The doctors told ya you would be on your feet in no time. But just take it easy and build yourself back up.”

“Geez. Why is everybody telling me that? I mean come on I danced on a twisted ankle and I recovered quickly from that why should a bullet wound be any different?”

“Because,” he wrapped his arms around my waist and I stopped dancing, “That almost killed you and it’s going to take more time to fully recover.”

“Ok I’ll take it easy… for now.”

He rolled his eyes and half smiled, “Same old Kalie with the hard head.”

“Got that right.”

He went back to grilling and I did a few more moves.

After dinner we decided to go for a little swim in Nick’s giant pool. The water felt really good on my side but then it became too cold.

“Nick could you take the cover off of the hot tub please? I want to get a little heat on my side.”

“Sure.” He removed the cover and started the jets for me.

I climbed out of the pool and into the hot tub.

“Is the temperature ok?”

“It’s perfect! It feels so good!”

“Mind if I join you?”

“Gee I don’t think there’s enough space for you in this six person hot tub when I’m the only one in it.”

“There’s that Smith sarcasm,” he chuckled.

“Come on in babe.”

He slid into the tub across from me and slinked down so the water covered every inch up to his chin, “You’re right this is perfect.”

“Why are you sitting so far away from me?”

“I don’t know… this is my usual spot anyway.”

I slowly crept over to him and sat on his lap.

“That’s better,” I said.

“Did the temperature rise or is it just you Hottie?”

“You sweet talker. I’m not that good looking.”

“Not that good looking? You’re hot! Kalie, you’re making me start to sweat,” he kissed my shoulder then up to my face.

“Again you’re a sweet talker Nick.”

“So I am.” He stared at me for a few moments. The left side of his lips curved into a half smile.

“What are you smiling at?” I asked raising my eyebrow.

“I was just thinking… you’re hotter than hot, you’re smokin’! Look there’s steam coming off of you.”

“That’s because I was in a cold pool.”

“No it’s because you’re smokin’! And the more that I look at you you’re smokier than smokin’ you’re drop dead sexy!”

“Oh stop I can’t be that pretty.”

He raised his hand to my face and pushed it gently so I was looking into his eyes, “I mean every word I say. No one could be prettier than you in my eyes.”

“Just kiss me Sweet Talker. I know you want to.”

“I love it when you read my mind.”

Our lips met and I could feel a spark of passion. As the kiss became deeper and fiercer I felt his hands rub up and down my back. I ran my hands over his well developed abs up to his pecks where they rested and stayed. He wasn’t always this muscular but then again I wasn’t always looking but now that I was, I really, really liked the look of his new bulked up body and I loved the feel of it.  His fingers splayed out wide on my back and they gently pushed my body closer to his.

We pulled away from each other to catch our breath. Nick was an expert at taking my breath away. Sometimes I found that  I forgot how to breathe around him.

“How about we continue this inside?” he whispered into my ear.

My heart beat quickened when I saw the devilish yet sexy look on his face.

“Ok.”

I got up from his lap and he helped me out of the tub after he stepped out. We walked hand in hand into the house and up to the bed room.

“Let me just dry off first,” I said heading for the bathroom.

“You don’t have to.”

“I don’t want the bed to get damp though.”

“Yeah you’re right. Wait a minute stay in the bathroom for one second.”

“Why?”

“I want to set the mood in here,” he winked at me.

I smiled at him then walked into the master bathroom that was connected to the master bedroom.

I dried myself off and debated on keeping my bikini on or going back into the room with just a towel wrapped around me. “Nah I’ll let him have a little fun,” I thought to myself. Then I ran a brush through my wet hair and tied it into a pony tail. I was going to leave it down but I figured it could get in the way.

“The room’s ready Kalie. Are you?”

I was starting to feel nervous as I replied, “Yeah. Do you still have your bathing suit on?”

“Yeah. Do you?”

I opened the door and walked into the room, “Yeah.”

Nick had lit the room with candles and the soft glow in the room added a nice touch to the smirk on his face.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” He stepped closer to me and placed his hands on my hips. “Because it’s ok if you’re not ready. I can w…”

“No I’m ready. Just…a little nervous.”

“Me too. But maybe we’ll both become more comfortable if we just go ahead and try.”

“Then what are we doing talking? Why don’t you just kiss me and throw me on the bed like I know you want to.”

“You know me too well Kalie.”

Our chests began to rise and fall heavily as our breathing became synchronized. My stomach became a knot of nerves as he leaned in closer to kiss me. “You’ve done this before,” I kept telling myself, “Why are you so nervous?” It felt like my heart was going to pound a whole in my chest. “It’s just Nick. Oh wait that’s why you’re so nervous Kalie, you’re about to take the next big step with Nick.”

I could feel that he was nervous when he kissed me. It was like his lips were trembling. His hands were trembling too as he started to push me closer to the bed. We feel onto it with a plop but our lips never stopped kissing. Nick fell onto his side and I too moved to mine. He glared into my eyes. I knew he could see the fear I held in my own. He had the same look in his eyes. But yet we were both excited. We both wanted this but why were we so nervous?

His hands crept up to my neck and untied the bikini strings. This strange feeling made my stomach flip. I don’t know why but I flipped onto my back. Nick hovered over me. I licked my lips and became more aware of my heavy breathing.

“You ready?” he whispered.

“Just do it,” I whispered back.

He kissed the top of my breast that wasn’t covered by my bikini. He started traveling up to my neck. Then the feeling in my stomach became sickening.

“Nick stop!” My nerves got the best of me as I pushed him away and ran into the bathroom and upchucked into the toilet.

It felt like the first time Dylan and I tried to have sex. I had done the same thing because of my nerves. But then two days later he finally did take my virginity.

Nick came and crouched next to me. My pony tail had fallen onto my shoulders and Nick held it back so I wouldn’t have to wash vomit out of my hair. Dylan didn’t do that for me when I got sick in front of him. He actually closed the door behind me. I guess because he had a very weak stomach and didn’t deal well with people puking.

But Nick was actually being really supportive yet he looked disappointed in away.

After I was finished getting rid of my nerves Nick went into the bedroom and changed into the basketball shorts he normally wore to bed. I stayed in the bathroom to brush my teeth and change into my pjs. Once the horrid taste was cleaned from my mouth I walked slowly back into the bed room. Nick watched me walk in and flashed a little smile at me. I didn’t respond to him just laid down under the covers.

I don’t know why but I couldn’t face him. I did the same with Dylan because he was very disappointed. I guess I thought Nick was disappointed too. I never really dealt well when I disappointed someone. I flipped onto my side so my back was to my boyfriend.

“Are you ok baby?” he asked.

He went to touch my shoulder but I moved away from his hand.

“What’s the matter?”

“Are you disappointed in me?”

“No. Why would I be disappointed in you?”

“Because I’m too nervous to have sex with you.”

“It’s not your fault your nerves got the best of you. And if it wasn’t you who got sick it probably would have been me.”

“What do you mean?”

“I was nervous as hell too. I don’t know why but… I just was. No offence but I’m kind of relieved you stopped me. I don’t think I’m ready yet and you’re obviously not.”

“But I do want to Nick. I do love you.”

“I want to also and I love you too but there are more ways to show each other our love then just sex. I don’t want our relationship to be based on just that.”

“I don’t want another relationship like that. I don’t want you to turn into Jasper.”

“And I won’t turn into Jasper or any of the other jerks that hurt you. And I can wait until we’re both ready. I’m not that much of a sex hound.”

He made me laugh at the sex hound comment.

“So come here and cuddle with me.” He looked at me with a cute puppy dog face and I smiled. I flipped over to face him and rested my head against his chest.

“That’s better,” he said before kissing my forehead.

“Thanks for being so understanding Nick.”

“What are best friends for?”

“You definitely are the best boyfriend I’ve ever had.”

“And I wish you were my girlfriend sooner because I would have been as happy as I am now with you. I’ve never been this in love with someone Kayl.”

“Oh Kaos you sweet talker. I love you too.”  

Chapter End Notes:

Isn't Nick just perfect?