- Text Size +

Chapter 7 Not Who You Think I Am

***Heather’s Point of View***

                Instead of going straight to the standing area I went to the merchandise stand to buy the shirts the Backstreet Buds wanted. After I paid for the shirts I headed back toward my friends. As I was walking I started thinking about Rich and what Kalie said about him. My mind became clouded with a million questions that screamed in my head.

                If he’s so happy with me then why was he such an ass to me?! Will he actually talk to me? Should I be the one to break the silence? Why should I? I didn’t do anything to him! He needs to apologize or we are done and over for good this time! I knew we weren’t going to work out.

                I wasn’t really paying attention to where I was walking and my eyes were cast down to my feet. I bumped into someone standing next to a door way and I was knocked out of the trance I was in and politely said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t see you there.”

                “Well, well, well if it isn’t the love of Nick Carter’s life,” this black haired girl with sinister green eyes hissed.

                “Excuse me but do I know you?”

                “You don’t actually but I know you. You are the one who ruined my life,” she snarled back raising her voice a smidge.

                I was taken aback by her attitude, “I’m sorry but I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

                I tried to pass her but she stepped in front of me and got in my face, “You stole Nick from me because you had him wrapped around your finger and brainwashed him! I never got my chance to be with him and show him who he really wants and needs!”

                Now I raised my voice, “I have no idea who you are so if you would please let me pass! I’m clearly not who you think I am!”

                “I don’t think so bitch!” She pushed me back and I fell backward. I got back up to my feet and clenched my fist ready to punch her in the face. I swung my arm to throw a punch but she grabbed me again and threw me to the floor. This time my head hit the ground pretty hard and it took me longer to get back up to my feet. Once I steadied myself the black haired bitch who was taller and chunkier than me threw me out of the door she opened and slid into the pouring rain.

                I jumped up again and ran to the door but just as I reached it she slammed the door in my face.

                I pounded my fists against the door and screamed, “YOU BITCH LET ME IN! LET ME IN!”

                The only thing I saw was her dark green eyes glare back at me and an evil smile form across her face through the window.

                I banged my fist against the glass with all my might and she flinched with surprise. Her eyes became a darker shade of green, almost making them look black, as she stuck her middle finger out at me then turned away.

                My fists connected with the door again over and over and I screamed at the top of my lungs. My voice was drowned out by the ferocious winds and defining thunder.  Lightning shot across the sky and it seemed to me that it was coming right at me. I ran as fast as I could to the main entrance in hopes that it would be unlocked.

***Back inside***

                Macy took off the black wig she was wearing and shook her head to let her dirty blonde hair loose.

                “That feels so much better,” she said aloud to herself. “Now with Kalie out of the way I can finally get to Nick! Macy this is your night! Thank you Hurricane Irene. No one will know she’s out there with all that noise.”

                She chuckled a malicious laugh and headed back stage.

***Kalie’s Point of View***

                Before I headed back stage I went back to the dressing room and grabbed the ring Nick had given me for my sweet sixteen with the purple heart shaped stone. I slipped the ring on my finger and quickened my pace so I wouldn’t miss the beginning of the show.

                I nearly jogged past two girls dressed in mid drift shirts that showed off way too much cleavage and miniskirts that barely covered their asses. They had long dirty blonde hair that was pin straight and their faces were plastered with makeup and to top it all off they were in hooker heels.

                As I walked past, one of them had the audacity to say, “Wow, look at the little slut.”

                I stopped dead in my tracks, “Excuse me?! Yes I do have a two piece outfit on but at least my ass is covered and my breasts aren’t hanging out. Do I even know you?!”

                “Don’t play dumb with us,” the one who called me a slut spoke, “We haven’t seen each other in years but you know exactly who we are Heather.”

                “I’m sorry but you have me confused with someone else,” I snapped back.

                I started to walk away but the bitch laughed a fake laugh and said a little louder stepping in front of me, “Now you’re telling me that you’re someone else? Wow. I don’t think so. And can that outfit make you seem any easier? I know you’ve been crushing on Nick Carter for most of your life but I didn’t know you were this desperate to get his attention and fuck him just once.”

                “I beg your pardon but I have no fucking clue who you two are and how dare you speak to me like this! I am not Heather! Now please let me by!”

                The lights flickered and I froze. I heard the bitch yell, “Harlow grab her!” and before I could move they both had a strong grip on me and I couldn’t fight them off. I struggled with all my might but they threw me out a door into the storm. I landed hard on my left hip and by the time I got up the two bitches had already locked the door.

                I went into complete panic! I let out a blood curdling scream as I begged and pleaded for them to let me in. They only looked through the window and laughed at me before they walked away. When they were out of sight the lights went out, even the street lights! I was in the complete dark! A bolt of lightning flashed and I jumped. It illuminated my surroundings long enough for me to see the lantern I had in my hand shattered in a million pieces. My heart was pounding so hard that it felt like it was going to beat right out of my chest. My body was shaking uncontrollably and when I clasped my hands together subconsciously I felt a gooey substance. The next bolt of lightning showed me that I had a deep cut on my left hand. I must have cut it on a broken piece of glass when I pushed myself up from the ground. There was so much adrenaline running through my veins that I didn’t even feel the sharp glass penetrate the base of my thumb.

                I was a nervous wreck! I didn’t know what else to do so I ran toward the front of the building banging on each and every door I came across but each and every one was locked. With each boom of thunder and flash of lightning I became more terrified.

***Back Inside***

                “How are we supposed to find Nick and Rich now that the power is out?” Harlow asked.

                “Would you relax?!” Harper practically screamed. “We will find my brother and my target just trust me. I have key ring flashlights remember?”

                “Oh yeah!” the dull blonde said enthusiastically.

                The heavier blonde rolled her eyes and shook her head as she turned on the mini flashlights she carried in her pockets. They set off toward a door that said “backstage”.