- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy the update. Let me know what you think
"Nick?" Brian whispered, his hand still extended as he waited for Nick to take it from him. Nick backed away again, trembling. He closed his eyes and expected to wake up...but this time he didn't.

"What did they do to you?" Brian asked. He moved towards Nick once more and once more, Nick backed away. Nick was against the wall, his chest heaving with labored breaths.

"You're not real. This is a trick. Who are you? "



In a weird way, Brian half expected Nick to behave like this after what they'd been through. They'd escaped capture a few times, thanks to Brian's navigation skills. The two of them had been running for a long time.

"Nick, it's me. Okay? It's me. Don't be afraid of me, I won't hurt you." Brian whispered. He held his hand out, his palm shaking slightly. Nick stared at it for a long time...before he took a deep breath and reached for it. Their hands gravitated to one another before the fingertips touched gently. Nick felt his breath catch in his throat.

"Are you okay?"


Nick went rigid, his eyes frozen open as he felt the warmth spread through his body. Memories came flooding back. Memories of their narrow escape when the attack on Earth began.... Memories of them doubting they'd ever find their way back home. Memories of happy times together.


"We have to leave this place. They're coming for us." Brian said as Nick watched him packing their belongings.

"But where will we go? This is our home." Nick whispered, feeling uneasy. He never was one for change. Nick liked things to always be the same, he liked consistency.

"We will make a new home. Home is where you make it. Home is where you hang your heart." Brian smiled.


Nick opened his eyes and looked up at Brian, who was pale with sweat.

"It's you... It's really you..."

They were about to embrace when an alarm startled them. Red lights flashed from a corner of the room.

"They've figured out I am gone..."

"No, I can't lose you again!" Brian shouted. Nick felt so strange. He was happy but something deep down troubled him.


Home is where you hang your heart...

Nick could only look at the door and hope Sienna didn't find him with Brian. He wanted to take Brian away from here, and find home again. He wanted to go home.

Brian watched Nick, he knew he was still figuring things out in his head. He knew Nick was confused and afraid but didn't know how to comfort him.

"Where are you going?" Brian asked when Nick moved towards the door.

"I cannot let her see me with you. She wants us apart. I don't want her to hurt you, I have to leave." he explained. Brian looked disappointed but he nodded because he knew Nick was right.

"I'm going to find you again. Stay safe. I'll know if anything happens to you. Please don't do anything stupid."

"I.."

"Promise me, Nick." Brian said more urgently. Nick looked at him, his eyes full of worry. He nodded and let go of his hand, exiting the room as fast as he could. There were yellow lights flashing in the hallway as he ran, his heart racing. People were running around a few hallways down in a panic, talking of lost cargo aboard. Aboard where? Was he the cargo? Where exactly was he? Nick feared the worst. If they were at sea like he thought it would be harder to get away, especially if he didn't know where to go once he did. He knew only one thing... He was not going to leave Brian behind. Not again.

Not ever.

He sincerely hoped it would be the last time they'd be separated.




Sienna punched the wall angrily, how could this happen? They'd gone through a lot of measures to ensure both of them were secure. How could he just get away? More importantly, why did they allow it? Someone must have made a error in locking the door when she left Nick.

"Did you find anything yet? " she growled at one of the men in the control room.

"Nothing yet, but we have people all over the ship searching. He can't have gone very far."

The only comfort she had was the fact they were en route to Motrale. It would be some time but if she lost one of them before reaching the Eternal City...she knew the consequences would be dire. She grabbed the lieutenant by the throat and he reached for his neck, gasping for breath.

"I don't care if it takes spilt blood. You will bring him to me. Understand? If any of you fail your whole squadron dies. Spread the word."

Sienna had been searching for the two of them too long for either to escape her grasp. She'd come too far. Not when victory over the human race was so close.


The battle had begun long ago when the humans had made contact with Motrale, a foolish mistake. They'd been trying to contact another species for many years...but they didn't know just who they were dealing with. War was only the beginning. They had lost. The human race was about to die out.

Sienna would make sure it stayed that way.


Nick's heart was almost in his throat as he navigated around the passageways, some more complicated than others. So far nobody had discovered he was the escaped cargo.

He ducked into another room, hoping he could at least avoid recapture long enough to make an escape plan and find a way out.

Nick knew one thing for sure, he wasn't letting Sienna win.

Not by a long shot.