- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry my updates are sporadic. Work sucks. LOL
Faithfully
Chapter 10
By Dottie
Copyright 2016

AJ's POV

I'm surprised Nick hasn't kicked Jessi out yet. She's been in there almost half an hour. I push myself up off the sand and head to the door to make sure everything's ok. Before I can knock, the door opens and Jessi steps out into the sunshine taking a deep breath. She looks at me and smiles and I know she's convinced him.

Nick comes to the door behind her and I look at him, smiling. "I didn't think she'd convince you." I turn back to her. "You are stubborn, aren't you?"

She nods firmly. "I told you both I'm not letting Donnie Wahlberg take one more thing from me."

Nick drops his gaze to the sand. I look at Jessi. "Girl, you know he's gonna pay for it."

She nods tearfully. "I know...and if I have my way...and Thad has his way, he'll never get out of prison.”

Nick mutters, “He should get the electric chair for what he’s done to you.”

Jessi turns to look at him. “I wasn’t the only person he hurt.”

I can see Nick is uncomfortable and I’m afraid he’ll bolt. “You got your shit packed, Bro? Our flight leaves at 10:30 tonight.”

Nick shakes his head. “I don’t…there’s nothing here I need.” He looks down at himself. “Maybe I need to go buy some clean clothes.

I can see Jessi wants to touch him…comfort him in some way but if she does, Nick will run. I say, “Come on back to the hotel. You can use my shower and I’ll run out and get you something to wear. Deal?”

Nick nods slightly. He glances at Jessi. “I don’t…I’m still not sure I should go with you.”

For someone so small, when she gets mad, she could intimidate a giant. “Nick Carter if you don’t go with me, your daughter is going to be born in this shack. Is that what you want?”

He shakes his head quickly. “No! I just…I don’t…deserve forgiveness.”

Jessi stomps her foot on the sand again and yells, “Damn you Nick Carter, would you just listen to me already? I can forgive you anything…except losing Hanna Jo. She’s the only person that ever gave a damn about me. She’s the only family I’ve ever had…until you. You did the only thing you could have done. Because trust me, if anything had happened to her, I would never have forgiven you. I probably would have killed you.”

She turns and stomps off. Nick looks as stunned as I am. I shake my head. “Carter, you do realize that woman loves you with her whole heart, don’t you?”

Nick nods slowly. “I know she does. But I can’t figure out why. I let Donnie rape her.”

I can’t help it…I grab his arms and shake him. “Nick, you didn’t LET him do anything. You told me yourself he had you tied up until…it was over. And you know Jessi fought him every step of the way. And she is still fighting him. She’s going to put his sorry ass behind bars and you fucking BETTER be there with her when it happens. She’s right; if you don’t come back…Wahlberg wins. He will have taken the most important thing in Jessi’s life…the father of her child.”


Jessi's POV

Nick Carter makes me so mad I could spit. And at the same time it breaks my heart. I understand what he's feeling. He feels guilty. I know once the shock of seeing him face to face again wears off I just might start blaming him again. But I don't want to do that.


Suddenly the baby kicks. Hard. I rub my stomach, moving to sit on a bench as she does cartwheels inside me. I hear Aj and Nick running toward me. I look up just as Nick drops to his knees in front me. "Jessi, what's wrong?"

I shake my head, grabbing his hand and placing it on the side of my stomach. I watch his face as he feels her moving around. It's a look of shock and fear. I see love there too and it makes my heart race. "I'm ok, she's just kicking up a storm."

AJ laughs. "Todd was the same way. He kicked so hard once, he bruised Hanna's ribs."

Nick glances up at AJ before turning to me. "Does she move a lot?"

I nod, smiling. "Yeah. I'm thinking Haley Jo is telling me she's going to be a gymnast."

He smiles a tingly smile. "Haley Jo Todd. I like that."

I shake my head. "No. Haley Jo Carter." His mouth drops and I push on. "Nick, she is your baby. I know that you're struggling with it, but it's true. We can do another DNA test if you want to." When he doesn't say anything, I say, "We can also talk about names. I...if you don't..."

He cuts me off. "No, Haley Jo is perfect."

AJ clears his throat. "Listen, you two will have a ten hour flight to catch up. Right now we need to get back to the hotel and pack."

Nick rubs his face. "I think I need a haircut and a shave too. And I'll go buy some clothes.”

I nod slightly. “You do need a haircut.” He sort of smiles. I sigh, standing up. “I should probably rest. The plane ride probably won’t be very comfortable for me if she’s kicking up a storm.” Nick reaches for my hand but pulls back. I step closer to him and take his hand, turning to grab AJ’s with my other. “Come on…let’s get back to Hanna Jo and Todd.”


Nick’s POV

Standing in the shower in AJ’s hotel room, I question the wisdom of going back. Jessi seems ok, but…well, considering how I look and the letter I sent AJ, they think I’m suicidal. Maybe part of me is. I don’t know. But I have to admit…seeing her gave me hope.

After scrubbing myself from head to toe, I step out of the shower and start drying myself. I glance in the mirror and groan. I look like shit. Seven months of drinking has given me a beer gut and flabby muscles. Why the fuck would Jessi want me? Before I can come up with a feasible answer, AJ yells, “Come on Carter, let’s shake it. It’s a long drive to the airport and you still have to get your haircut.”

I put on a robe and step out of the steamy bathroom. “AJ, is it safe for Jessi to fly?”

He nods. “Yeah, she asked the doctor a bunch of questions.” He hands me a bag. “Listen, I know you and Jessi want to sit together on the plane, but…well, I couldn’t get three seats in first class. Only one. I really think we should make Jessi sit up there so she’ll be more comfortable.” I lower my eyes and he says, “Nick, I know you’re finding it hard to believe, but she does love and forgive you.”

I step back into the bathroom, leaving the door open so we can talk. As I’m getting dressed, I mutter, “I know she does AJ. I just can’t understand why.”

He snorts. “You sure are pig headed.” When I come out of the bathroom he says, “Nick, do you realize how hard it was for her to accept you agreed to Donnie’s terms because of money? She knew you. She knew money didn’t mean shit to you if you didn’t have her.”

I shake my head. “Whatever. Look, I know at some point she’s going to start hating me again and I truly don’t blame her.”

AJ flops down on the bed and stretches out. “Then why the fuck are you coming back with us?”

I stare at him before gingerly sitting down on the other bed, ignoring his question. “Thanks for getting sweats. Jeans never would have fit.”

He glares at me. “Well you have let yourself go…now answer me. Why are you coming back if you think Jessi will end up hating you?”

I shrug. “I can’t let her have her baby in that dump…or even in this country. She needs the best medical care for…umm…her baby.”

He’s getting frustrated with me. I can hear it in his voice. “YOUR baby Nick. Jessi is having YOUR baby girl. Don’t you want to be part of her life? Don’t you WANT to be her Daddy?”

I can’t stop the tears from falling. “I want my family more than anything AJ. I don’t know if I can live without…them.”



Chapter End Notes:
Let me know! :)