- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The story is slow going but it should pick up soon.

Chapter 1

Lexynne woke up the next morning at 8:45am with the television blaring in front of her. She was thinking of staying in bed all day long but she remembered that she have a meeting with the staff of the hotel at 10. After a few more minutes in bed, she went to the shower to take a quick shower then got ready. She took a long time in picking what to wear though.

“I mean what to wear in a meeting? I’ve never been an office girl before” she mumbled to her self trying to pick the suitable clothes to wear. Finally, she settled with a red pencil skirt and a blue ¾ blouse with a white tie. She then straightened her hair and put it in a stylish bun. She then applied a small amount of make just to add some colour in her face.

She grabbed her purse on the way out of her suite making sure that she has her key card with her. In the hallway, she saw Trace standing by the elevator.

“Good morning” he greeted her with a big smile on his face.

“Good morning. You’re up early” she replied entering the elevator.

“Yea, Justin has a photo shoot at 10:30. He just forgot something in our room so I hope you’re not in a hurry”

“Nah, I have a meeting at 10 but that’s only downstairs so no hurry at all. I was going to grab a breakfast first since it’s still early.” She shrugged.

“You have a cool accent, where are you from?” he asked making a conversation.

“London, England. I’m new in America” she laughed.

“Cool, what are you here for if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Well work at first, but now I’m probably going to buy a house in Florida after some of my work here. I don’t think New York is for me.”

“We leave in Orlando. It’s a good place. It’s warm and- “he trailed off when he saw Justin heading towards them. “It took you long enough”.

“I couldn’t find it at firs-“he stopped when he saw the other person inside the elevator.

They then got inside the elevator and Trace pressed the lobby button on the control panel then Trace turned to face both of them. “Justin this is Lexynne, Lexy for short” he said pointing at Lexy then he faced Lexy “and this is Justin” he said to Lexy.

“Hi” he said turning to face her with a smile on his face offering his hand to her.

Lexy took at least a full minute to respond looking at Justin’s offered hand hesitating on what to do next. “Hi” she finally said and shook his hand.

“Listen, I’m sorry about last night. I’m usually not that of an ass to anyone” he continued.

“Apology accepted and I’m sorry also for making that ‘big head’ comment”

He smiled at her and she took that as a sign that they are now ok. The elevator arrived in the lobby after a few minutes. Lexy checked her watch for the time and it read 9:45am. “Would you like to join us to breakfast?” Trace turned to her gesturing towards the hotel restaurant.

“Sure, if you guys don’t mind. It beats having to eat alone.” She said smiling at both of them and following Trace to the room.

The dining room is reasonably crowded at this time since it is breakfast time. She noted the mismatched chairs and tables and some of the centre piece of the table are off centre. They spotted a table by the glass window on the left side of the room and they proceeded to sit in the chair.

The waiter appeared a few seconds after they seated to take their order. Justin ordered his apple jacks cereal with an orange juice and a glass of water, then Trace ordered scramble egg with toast and a coffee and lastly, Lexy ordered scrambled eggs as well with pancake, bacon and a pineapple juice. The waiter told them that their food will be ready in fifteen minutes and left.

“So is there any particular area do you want to leave in Florida?” Trace asked starting a conversation with Lexy.

“Nothing in particular, just somewhere peaceful and possibly close to the beach” she answered back.

“You’re looking for a house in Florida?” Justin asked finally joining the conversation.

“Yea, I just move here and I had my heart set in living in Florida.”

“It’s a wonderful place, I know some realtor that you could talk to if you want” Justin finally offered.

“Really that would be great. I want to find a house as soon as possible so that I could settle in.”

“So what are your plans here? Why did you move from England?” Trace asked her.

The waiter arrived with their food before she could answer his question. When everything is placed in front of them they started to eat their food. “Like I said earlier it was work although I’ve been thinking of living in Florida since I was in University but I couldn’t leave my life their. You know friends and family.” She shrugged while she continues to eat her food.

“What makes you leave now?” Justin asked wondering the sudden change in her mind.

“My grandma died last month and she left me some major business to take care off here so now here I am following what I’ve been dreaming off and taking care of the business at the same time.”

“I’m sorry to here about your grandma” Justin said in a sympathetic voice. “Do you miss her?”

“Yea I do, I grew up with her actually, and I grew up in California. But we really don’t need to go through my life right now, it’s only breakfast.” She joked trying to lighten the mood on the table which didn’t fail when Justin and Trace cracked a smile. She looked at her watch and saw that it’s already nearing 10am.

“I got to go guys, I have a meeting in about 3 minutes” she said drinking her juice and getting up on her chair. “I’ll see you guys later.”

“Hey uhm would you like to hang out later? What time do you finish your meeting?” Justin asked with a hopeful expression on his face.

“I finish in about an hour or so but no more than that. Just leave a message for me in the lobby.”

“Ok, see you later” Justin finally said watching her walk across the restaurant then going back to his breakfast. It was a few seconds before he realised that Trace is staring at him with a funny look on his face.

“What?” he asked finally looking at him.

“Would you like to hang out later?” Trace said imitating Justin’s voice. “What’s up with that? You are so in to her”

“I am not, I’m just being friendly” Justin denied

“Whatever, I still think you’re in to her” Trace said looking at Justin.

“Let’s go before you think of some other conspiracy” Justin said getting up from his chair at the same time leaving some money on the table to cover their breakfast including Lexy’s. They both went to the front of the lobby meeting Lonnie the car that would take them to the photo shoot.

---------------------

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen, my name is Lexynne Stevenson and I’m now the new owner of Hyatt hotel in America and Europe. I called this meeting so that I could introduce myself and to explain some of the plans that I wanted for this branch.” She took the folders in front of her and passed it to the first person in the table and she told him to pass it around.

“I’m new at this, so please bear with me and any suggestions and ideas are appreciated. Just tell it to either me or Mr. Grieves. Now even though I am not in the same city I would still require some monthly reports about the hotel’s finances and other things that needed attention. I also set up a contact number which can be found in my business card. Don’t hesitate to call it if there’s any problem that needed my immediate attention. Now please Mr Grieves, you can proceed with your report.” She concluded sitting on her chair facing the board and the manager. The meeting lasted for almost 2 hours raising all the problems and the ideas but most of the time Lexy’s mind keep on drifting away.

“This is my life now. It may just work and to think that I met Justin Timberlake on my first day in America. No I won’t go there. I would go out on dates but certainly not with Justin Timberlake.” She thought to herself.

When the meeting was over the manager took her around the hotel informing her of everything she wanted to know. The manager also introduced her to the other employees of the hotel from the cook to the security guard of the building. Afterwards she went up to her room and decided to change her clothes. “Office clothes are so not my style” she thought then proceeded to change her clothes.

She changed in to a track bottom first but when she looked out of the window and saw the sun shining bright she changed her mind and changed in to a red two piece bikini and cover up with a jean shorts and a shirt. She grabbed a bathrobe, some sun lotion and her sunglasses on her way out of her room and proceeded to the pool area of the hotel.

When she arrived in the lobby, she went to the receptionist and asked if she have any messages. The receptionist said that she received a call from Mr. Timberlake looking for her earlier but she told Justin that she was in the meeting but the receptionist also informed her that he didn’t leave any messages.

“Thank you. If someone looks for me or left any messages I’ll be in the pool.” She told the receptionist then proceeded to the pool area. The pool has some people swimming and having fun. She surveyed the area and found an empty chair almost across the pool. She made her way to the chair and proceeded to strip off to her bikini. Then she started applying some protection lotion for her skin against the sun. Then she lay down in the chair to sun bathe.

----------------------

“Did you see the girl in front of the building? She was so in to you” Trace slapped Justin’s shoulder. They just arrived in the hotel from the photo shoot. It went longer than they have anticipated and for some reason Justin couldn’t keep still.

“Knock it off Trace. I’m not interested.” Justin told Trace. They arrived in front of the lobby of the hotel and Justin went straight to talk to the woman behind the desk. “Can I leave a message for suite 1 please” The receptionist looks up and smiled at him. “Miss Stevenson is in the pool area right now if you want to talk to her.” Justin looked up when she told him the information. “Thank you.”

“Let’s go funny man.” He said to Trace grabbing him by the arm and dragging him to the pool area.

“Where are we going? I thought you said you wanted to go to your room and change.” He finally looked at Justin at the same time following the young man to the pool area.

They reached the area after a couple of minutes and Justin wasted no time to scan the pool area. “The receptionist said that she’s….” Justin trailed off when he saw her coming out of the pool in her red bikini. Trace looked at Justin first to find out why he suddenly stopped talking then followed the line of is vision.

“Wow…” he also trailed off when he saw what Justin is looking at. Then after a few seconds he snapped out of it.

“I knew it. I knew you’re in to her.” He exclaimed watching Justin stare at the young woman in the pool. But Justin didn’t look away. “Come on” he finally said snapping Justin out of his trance. They both walk to the pool to where Lexy is, towel drying her hair. She saw them both walking towards her and greet them with a smile.

“Hey guys” she said in greeting to both of them.

“Hey, how was your meeting?” Justin asked before Trace could say a word.

“Long as expected” she answered him putting her bathrobe on and grabbing her clothes from the chair and prepared to leave. The two guys followed her to the elevator.

“Have you had lunch?” Justin asked her as soon as they step inside the elevator. Trace looked at his watch and saw that it’s already almost 2:30pm.

“No not yet, I got a little side tracked” she answered both of them. “Let me change first” she said when they reached their floor. She went to her room with Justin and Trace following right behind her. “Still sour about not getting the biggest suite in the hotel?” she teased when she saw Justin looking around the site.

“Nah I got over it last night before I went to bed” he said laughing.

“You guys take a sit and make your selves at home. I’ll be just a sec.”

“Most women take longer than a second to get ready. Take your time” Trace said grabbing the remote control for the television and switching it on to MTV.

“I’m not most women Trace” she informed him with a wink and proceeded to the bathroom to take a shower.

Then she straightened her hair and put some clothes on. She chose a black baby shirt that has “rock” written across the shirt together with her favourite denim low riding baggy pants and a Nike shoes. She then put a little amount of make up consisting of eyeliner and a lipstick.

Chapter End Notes:
I'll try to put up chapter 2 as soon as I finish writing it.