- Text Size +

Chapter 6

The club has the longest line they have ever seen but the Nsync guys steer them straight to the bouncer and he let them all in without any question. They went straight to the VIP section of the club and the girls took of their coats and hang it at the back of their chair except for Lexy. She was still looking around the club and surveying the scene.

“Can I take your coat?” it was JC that spoke to Lexy.

“Sure” she took her coat off and most of the guys in the vicinity including Justin were looking at what she’s wearing and he couldn’t even form anything to say to her at that moment.

“Whoa lookin’ hot Lexy” Chris said from where he was standing just behind Justin. She looked at Chris but also noticed Justin’s expression along the way “Thanks Chris”

“Lexy are you pulling tonight?” Hardeep asks from where she was sitting beside Joey on the table. She was quite shock by her question in front of every one and she know her eyes got big but compose herself “No just here to dance and have fun” was all she said before sitting down.

“Pulling?” Chris asked looking at Lexy for the meaning of it but Lexy just smiled at him sweetly and didn’t answer, Hardeep answered him instead. “It’s when you make out with some guy or girl that you like”

Chris’ eyes were huge when he heard the explanation and Justin’s eyes for some reason are boring in to her. “You guys do that?” he asked them. “We’re single Chris we’re aloud” this time she answered him straight and didn’t care if Justin looks at her funny.

The waitress came to get their drink order and Hardeep ordered everyone sambuka shots. When the shots arrived, the guys looked at theirs trying to figure out what the drink is since they usually have beers. The girls on the other hand don’t have any problem drinking theirs and they ordered new ones. Jay, Fiz, Arun and Angelo excused their selves and disappear in the crowd.

Justin said he’d just go to men’s room but when he came back almost no one was sitting in their table except for Hardeep, Paula and Tina. They could clearly see Michelle dancing with Joey and Chris but not the others.

“Where’s Lexy?” Justin asked to the girls on the table

“Well they’re playing really good music so she’s in the dance floor” she told him. Justin listened to the music and heard that it’s his song with 50cent ‘Ayo Technology’.

“Alone?” he asked again

“When Lexy is in the dance floor she wouldn’t be dancing alone” she got up from where she was sitting and looked at the dance floor below leading Justin. “There she is” she pointed at the place near the speaker and Dj booth; they could clearly see Lexy dancing with a couple of guys. Justin didn’t like this one bit especially when he saw the other guy behind her put his hands on her hips. Hardeep on the other hand is looking at him and noting on his reaction.

The next thing she knew, Justin is making his way to her through the crowd. There are some girls that ask him to dance on the way but he declined. He reached her side and asks her to dance when the music changed to ‘Ridin’ dirty by Chamillionnaire. Justin was amazed that they found their rhythm faster than he anticipated. This girl can move was all he could think about while she dances with him. They’re both clearly attracting some attention from the other people on the dance floor but neither cared. When the song finishes, Justin told her that he would just get a drink from the bar and she ask for water and he disappeared. She saw some of her friends dancing in a small stage in the middle of the dance floor so she went and join them.

As soon as she climbed to the stage the music changed to Daddy Yankees ‘Gasolina’ and she and her friends went crazy. They know that there are going to attract attention but the song is too good not to dance to. Again she finds herself dancing in front of an audience but she’s having too much fun to care. It also doesn’t hurt that they know a little bit of belly dancing.

“Shake it ladies” was the only thing the DJ can say giving them a shout out.

Justin came back and gave he gave her water. When she turned around to give some water to her friend after she drank some of it, a girl asks Justin if she could dance with him. But again he declined and told her that he’s with someone right now and then motion to Lexy.

After a few more songs they went back to their table to get some rest and the Tina and Michelle went to the ladies room to freshen up living Hardeep and Lexy with Justin and JC. They were waiting for their drinks to arrive when Tina suddenly came out from the crowd, she went to whisper between Lexy and Hardeep so the guys wouldn’t hear what she’s about to say.

“Some girl and some of her friend cornered Michelle and me at the bathroom” she whispered to both of them.

They both looked at her and got up from their chair. “Don’t follow” was the only thing Lexy said to the guys before she followed Hardeep and Tina by the toilet. There are some girls inside the toilet and some girl obviously upset about something.

“What’s going on?” she asked as soon as she made her way inside.

“You!” was the first thing she heard from the other girl who have been speaking since she arrived.

“You’ve been hogging Justin Timberlake all to your self the whole night” she said pointing her finger at Lexy.

“I can’t believe this. Is this what this all about?” she asked the girl but not really wanting any answer from her. She looked at her friends and motions them out of the toilet. “Let’s go, I don’t have time for this” she said looking at the girl and turning her back on them.

They were near their table when the girl caught up with them and force her to face them. “How dare you turn your back on me? You’ve been acting like you’re all that the whole night” she told Lexy.

“Are you for real? Do you hear yourself? You’re making a big deal out of nothing and blowing it out of proportion. Please stop now before you piss me off” she told the girl, she’s trying hard not to get mad and ruin their night out so she turn her back to the girl for the second time that night. But she was shock when the other girl pulled at the back of her hair.

“Are you pissed now?” the girl said watching Lexy’s discomfort.

She couldn’t take it anymore, she tried to be the bigger person but obviously the girl has other things on her mind. “Bitch” was the only thing she utters before she charged the girl. She punched her in the stomach and when she was doubled over she pushed the girl to the floor.

She knows she could do a lot more damage than that but she doesn’t want to get in to trouble because of the girls petty argument so she’s holding herself back. The other friends of the girl started to join the fight so Hardeep and two of the other girls from Lexy’s friends did the same. But before it could go any further, Justin saw what was happening and he called Lonnie to break up the fight.

“Are you ok? What happen?” Justin fired the questions one by one at her whilst trying to check if she’s hurt.

“I’m ok Justin thanks” she gave him a tight lip smile to assure him of his worries.

“Let’s go” Justin told him finally. He lead the way to the car with the others following behind. He didn’t know what happen but he doesn’t want to push the issue either, at least not this time but he will definitely ask later on that he’s sure of it. But one thing for sure he’s going to have his hands full when it comes to this girl.

Everyone got inside the limousine and the driver took them back to the hotel. Most of them don’t really want to talk except for Chris and Michelle who is telling the story of what really happen and the other’s is listening but not really comprehending. They rode the elevator all the way to their respective floors then said goodnight to everyone else when they arrive outside their room.

Justin on the other hand walked Lexy to her door not saying anything to her. For some reason there was this awkward silence between them.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” Justin asked when they reached her door.

“Would you like to come in?” she asked instead of answering his question. Then she walked inside her room without waiting for an answer. He could either come in or not she doesn’t care right now but Justin came in and closed the door behind him.

“Now can you please tell me what happened there?”

“The girl got mad because apparently I was hogging your attention all night” she rolled her eyes when she said “hogging”. “Anyway, I turned my back on her but she pulled my hair so I turned around and punch her. Then you guys came breaking the whole thing.

“You we’re gonna do something else?” he asked incredulously.

“One thing you should know about me, I try not to get mad often because I can honestly say that I have a really bad temper. When I do get mad I retaliate hard.” She told him seriously.

“We saw that before we could break up the fight, you were quite scary actually” he tried to lighten the mood and he was rewarded with a small smile. “Anyway, before you go to bed I want to ask you to dinner” he wasn’t looking at her straight and trying to avoid her eyes. “You know as a date” he finished lamely.

It took her a few minutes to answer his invitation. As big headed as it sounds I knew this was coming especially when Hardeep told me that she noticed Justin is crushing on me. But now it still shocked me to hear it. “I can’t. I’m sorry.” She finally answered looking down.

“Why?” Justin asked shocked that she’s saying no. Well not really a shock since she said before that given a chance she wouldn’t go out with me, that she doesn’t like my life. “I can give you everything you want” he told her desperately.

“You’re going about this the wrong way Justin. Don’t you see, I can have everything that I want but can you honestly say right now, that I would never get hurt from you?” she asked him this time looking at him straight in the eyes. But Justin can’t say anything; he can’t promise what she’s asking from him because in his line of work she’ll get hurt one way or the other.

“I can’t” was the only thing he can tell her. “But I really like you”

She gave a light laugh trying to see the light side f their conversation. “You don’t even know me. You’ve only met me a couple of days ago”

“I couldn’t understand it myself” he smiled. “I – you have this unbelievable personality that I’ve never seen in any woman before”

“Thanks Justin but we should just be friends for now”

“You know now what I feel for you so I won’t give up but I will slow down. Deal?” he offered his hand for her to shake.

“I’ll humour you Justin, Deal.” She shook his hand. “Now would you please get out of here so I could get ready for bed?” she looked at him and motioned for the door.

“Ok, good night” was the only thing he said before going out of her room and closing the door.