- Text Size +
When I got back home I called Nick and asked him to get me. He saw I had been crying.

"Baby what's wrong?," he asked as I got in the car

"Can you just take me home please?"

He got in the drivers seat and started it up. I just leaned my head against the window, I felt his hand reach for mine and I grabbed it squeezing it. When we got to the house I got out and Nick took my suitcase and opened the door.

I went in and made my way upstairs, Mel was asleep. Thank god I didn't want her to see me upset. Nick came up a little later and closed the door.

"You wanna talk about it?," I heard him ask as he lay next to me.

I turned to face him "No." I leaned up and kissed him.

"Dee as much as I want to, your upset."

"Make love to me...please..."

"Deanna..." "Please...," his lips covered mine again and I pulled him on top of me.

I just wanted him to love me one last time before I broke the news to him. I held onto him the whole night afraid to let go.


Nick was the first to wake up and saw me sleeping beside him, he smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Rise and shine..." I opened my eyes and saw that gorgeous face, that face that I knew would have anger all over it when I told him.

"Are you alright? You weren't yourself last night, it was like it would be our last night together."

I started crying "Baby what's the matter?"

I sat up and pulled away from him still crying "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Nick..."

"Hey...why are you crying?"

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to take it this far..."

"Take what this far?," he lifted my chin so I was looking at him

"Tell me whats wrong."

"Your gonna hate me when I do." "I would never hate you."

"Remember the other day..the question I asked you?"

"Yeah..what about it?"

"It wasn't my friend I was talking about it was me."

"You? but you...wait...your telling me your seeing someone else besides me?"

"Yes..I'm so sorry.."

"Ok so where were you then?"

"With Brian at hi---"

"Wait wait..hold on just a damn minute, you were at Brian's but you told me...you lied to me."

"I..."

Nick quickly got up "Don't talk to me."

I grabbed his arm "Nick please.." He grabbed my arm

"Deanna no I meant what I said, so last night you just wanted me to fuck you one last time?"

"I just wanted to be comforted..."

"Get out," he said his voice low

"But.." "I said get out," he repeated raising his voice.


I got out of bed and got dressed, grabbing a few things as Nick just sat on the bed his eyes on me almost evil like. I went downstairs and Nick followed. I opened the door and looked back at him

"I love you."

"Yeah sure...whatever just leave..."

I closed the door behind me and I heard it lock. I sighed I had nowhere to go then I thought, Kevin's house Chris would let me stay there. I waved down a cab and headed off towards Kevin and Chris's house.