- Text Size +
I got to the house and knocked Brian answered it and I walked in.

"Where are the kids?"

"At Kevin and Chris's, sit."

I sat down in a chair opposite Nick he just looked down at the floor. He wouldn't even look at me.

"How could you do this to us? Lie to us?" I looked down

"I don't know..."

"You don't know?!," Brian said raising his voice "You lied to me hell you lied to Nick! What the hell was going through your mind when you did this?!"

I was on the verge of tears I'd never seen Brian so angry "I don't know."

"I loved you Deanna you were my wife but you betrayed me, and look what you've done to Nick you had him fooled too!"

I was crying now "I know I'm so sorry...I didn't expect it to get this out of hand."

"Well too late it did, now the question is what are you gonna do to fix it."

Nick finally spoke up "You deceived both of us Dee we don't think we could ever forgive you."

"I wouldn't expect you to," I said in a low voice

"Good cause I'm not, I meant what I said I am very pissed off at you right now, so bad I don't even wanna see you. And don't even bother to stop by and see Mel cause of right now," he got up and stood over me "You have no daughter."

And with that Nick stormed out slamming the door.

"I could be mean and do the exact same thing but I don't believe in keeping a mother from her children, if thats what Nick wants to do then so be it. Tomorrow we are going to a lawyer and filing for a divorce."

I started crying harder.

"Deanna don't pull the crying act on me now, you knew this was going on but you did nothing to stop it so it's your own fault."

I didn't say anything but got up and ran out of the house.


Brian didn't even bother to run after me I knew he wouldn't, but a part of me wished he would. So here I sat on his steps crying my eyes out, I was alone and it was all my fault. Brian looked out the window and saw me on the steps and sighed. There was no way he was gonna take me back not after what I did.

"I wanna see Mommy!," Mel screamed as Nick tried to calm her down

"No Mellie you can't, Mommy's not coming back."

"But why?," she asked looking up at Nick her blue eyes filling with tears.

Nick picked her up and wiped her tears "It's a long story honey all you need to know is that your Mommy hurt Daddy very bad ok?"

She sniffled and nodded her head. "It's gonna be alright," he said holding her close as she continued to cry.

'Maybe I could let her see her one last time before all this goes through' he thought as he cradled Mel.

Still holding her he picked up the phone and called my cell.

I was still crying when I answered it. "Hello?"

"Your daughter wants to see you," Nick said then hung up.

I sighed getting up waving down a cab and headed to Nick's apartment. I knocked on the door and Nick answered it, I went in and sat on the couch.

Mel came into the living room and saw me "Mommy!," she screamed running to me.

I picked her up and hugged her tight "Hi baby, god Mommy misses you so much," I was crying.

Mel looked at me "Mommy it's ok no need to cry."

I smiled she was so cute sometimes.

Nick did love me but he couldn't take me back cause that would be saying he forgave me for what I did, which he didn't.