[ - ] Printer Microsoft Word
Summary: "Hard Times" is a play. It is a memory play narrated by one of the characters; Joey Harris, a dormitory student at Worthington University.The events happening in this play are narrated by Joey four years later.
Rated: G
Categories: Original Fiction
Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2
Completed: No
Word count: 8563
Read: 2779
Published: 02/26/09
Updated: 02/26/09
Story Notes:
Worthington University Campus is the part of the setting.The university is located in Boston/ USA. Professor Jason Brings lives in one of the university lodgings with his wife, Michelle, who is an executive at a stock market company.Alexander is one of the junior class students. He stays in the dormitory. The professor’s interest in Alexander disturbs the relation with his wife, Michelle .She can’t understand why her husband suddenly changes but she has no idea about Alexander. So the Professor and his wife’s relationship weakens gradually.
Alexander spends most of his time in the university library.Actually he can be described as a bookworm. Because of being compared to his elder brother, Jonathan, who is a successful academic at another university, he has become the victim of his parents’ constant criticism. That is why he has given himself to the abstract world of philosophy and psychology; studying and reading Freud, Rogers, Aristo and the other masters in this field, who are his only friends. Under the effect of such studies, he can be sometimes unwittingly cruel like a psycopath.
Being different from other students in this way, Alexander attracks the attention of Professor Brings, who tries to help Alexander. But in this struggle, as it is mentioned above, the professor is deeply affected and he is confused with own emotions.His mind is mixed up and falls into endless abyss.Mean while Alexander has some feelings for Joey Harris but his love is not answered and his inevitable end is a suicide so Joey’s desperate efforts are useless and helpless.Apart from being the narrator Joey is another student of the professor at the campus.She stays at the dormitory like Alexander. She is the most outstanding student at the Psychology Department. She becomes the apple eye of the professor with her extra ordinary power of imagination, creativity, with the help of her increadible power. Her involvement in mental disorders draws Alexander attention.
One day Alex and Joey go to a concert where they meet Alex’s brother, Jonathan who turns out to be Joey’s unattinable love, and outstanding successful student, a star at St. Louis and spoiled by girls in those years..But Jonathan fails to notice Joey in those years. So years later when Joey and Jonathan meet just by coincidence they both fall in love with each other. However, Alexander’s growing feelings for Joey cause a dilemma in her but when she examines her own feelings for him, she finds out that this relationship cannot be described as an emotional affair which can’t be compared to her feelings for Jonathan, her real love..When Alex learns about their affair, he is defeated, frustrated and shocked. İnevitably this shock leads him to his suicide. In the end Joey becomes the victim of her uncontrollable feelings and she is left behind in agony and desperation and her memories of her unforgettable friend Alexander.
***This is actually my first english story and it was my term homework .lol.I wrote it in 2002, I inspired by AJ and Joey from the Dawsons Creek so hopefully you guys will like it.***

1. PART 1 by Backstreetgirly [ - ] (3755 words)

2. PART 2 by Backstreetgirly [ - ] (4808 words)