The Waters of the Nile by velvet_tears
Summary: After landing in Cairo for a month of being a tourist, AJ Mclean is being haunted by an Egyptian beauty, but only in his dreams. He never sees her around. Can he figure out the mystery of this woman before he leaves? Did he have a hand in her fate and is she trying to say something to him?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Other
Genres: Horror, Science Fiction, Supernatural
Warnings: Death, Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 1625 Read: 12194 Published: 07/01/06 Updated: 09/17/06

1. prolouge by velvet_tears

2. Chapter 1 by velvet_tears

3. Chapter 3 by velvet_tears

4. Chapter 4 by velvet_tears

5. Chapter 5 by velvet_tears

6. Chapter 6 by velvet_tears

7. Chapter 7 by velvet_tears

prolouge by velvet_tears
Author's Notes:
okay i meant to add this first. so this might help some people understand. please r&r please and thank you. also this prolouge is kind of a story telling prolouge.
In the time of the pharohs there lived the priestess marahet. She was beautiful and powerful. The pharoh made her his mistress, no other man was allowed to touch her. She was in love with a priest. One night the pharoh caught them both in his bed. Marahet and her lover were killed. The pharoh dismembered them and threw one of them in the river Nile and bury the other with no chance of an afterlife. They were damned that one would walk the earth for eternity and the other to be reincarnated. One would be searching the world for the lost lover. The other never realizing thier lost love. This is The Waters of the Nile.
Chapter 1 by velvet_tears
Author's Notes:
I'm really interested in Ancient Egypt. This story idea came from a tattoo that i want to get, the eye of horus, who was a Egyptian god. So I hope you like. Oh, one other thing AJ is younger in this one and there is some language in this.
AJ Mclean sat up sweating from yet another dream. They were so real, the dark haired egyptian beauty always tried to say something to him, but he couldn't hear her. Who was she and why was she haunting his dreams? AJ got up and took a quick shower. It was hotter than hell today and his hotel airconditioning was broke. He got out and he felt a presence in his room. He looked around seeing no one. he quickly got dressed and grabbed his room key and wallet.
"God damn room," AJ said under his breath as he walked around the market place.
He noticed the Bristish museum and went inside. He felt like he had to find out who this mystery woman of his dreams was. She always wore a white linen dress, around her upper arm was a gold braclet. He knew she wasn't of this time. She was of the past. Was he crazy because he was being haunted? He laughed to himself that he was being haunted by a beautiful ghost. Ghost yeah right, the heat was probally getting to him. He wandered around looking at the art and mummies.
"Can I help you?", came a voice from behind him.
AJ spun around seeing a old man in a business suit.
"Yeah, I do."
AJ described the woman in his dream to the old man and how he felt like he was back in time with every dream he had. The man kept nodding his head.
"Come with me, I may be able to help you."
AJ followed this man, wondering if he could really help him solve the mystery.
Chapter 3 by velvet_tears
Author's Notes:
new chapter, hope you guys like. please r&r. i like feedback, makes me want to update more.
After what seemed like two hours of reading books, AJ sighed and rubbed his tried eyes. He noticed a pile of old yellowed scrolls. He grabbed one and unrolled it. 'what the fuck' he thought to himself. It was written in symbols. He turned it upside down.
"Need help," Said a girl with raven black hair and green eyes.
She picked up one of the scrolls and stuck it under her arm.
"Yeah, can you read this?" he said pointing to the scroll.
"Yeah, thats heroglyphics. Each phrase is written with a picture."
AJ nodded and turned it back right.
"Can you read it for me?"
"Sure," the girl said sitting across from him.
He handed it to her and she skimmed over the writing. Her eyes grew big.
"Its describing a priestess named marahet. She was the priestess of the temple of horus."
"Read it please," AJ said desperately.
"Why shoud I?"
"I'm being haunted by an eygtian woman. She has black hair and deep emerald eyes. She wears a white linen gown and there's a band of gold around one of her arms. On her left forearm is a tattoo of a eye, I guess."
The girl's eyes grew even bigger.
"This scroll is describing what you described and its a story of two lovers being damned with a curse. One was to be reincarnated, the other to walk the searching for the lost lover."
"Marahet," AJ said thinking, "She must be the woman who haunts my dreams. She tries to say something to me but i can't hear her."
AJ got up.
" thanks for helping me. I'm AJ by the way.", he said extending his hand to her.
"Jesse," she said shaking it, " and glad to have helped."
AJ nodded and headed back to his hotel room.
Chapter 4 by velvet_tears
Author's Notes:
sorry for lack of updates i lost my muse for a little while.
AJ ran into his hotel room and locked the door.
"okay Marahet, I'm taking a nap. If you want to talk to me this is the time to do it.", he shouted to the empty room.
AJ laid down on his bed and instantly drifted asleep.

The room was lit by candles and ornated by gold. AJ felt himself walking toward a woman laying on a couch. He bent down and kissed her.
"marahet," He whispered to her.
she silenced him and gently kissed him. He looked at her arm seeing the eye of horus. He looked at his own clothing. A white linen robe of a priest.
"marahet, you brought me here to tell me something. I want to know, am i your lost lover?"
She nodded, gesturing to a map on a wooden table.
"The only way we will both rest in peace is if you give us both a proper burial. We will join each other in the after life. The map will lead you to both our bodies." she said in a language that for some reason AJ could understand.
AJ nodded, kissing her.
"Who was I, marahet?" he asked her not expecting an answer.
"The high priest Alexander, my lover." she answered.
She touched the tattoo the recently got. The same as hers.
"Go, do what you know you have to do. I'll be in your dreams." She whispered kissing him.

AJ snapped awake. In his hand was the gold arn braclet that she wore. He put it on his own arm. and picked up the map. on the back of the map was his own writing.
'sacrifice to be with her' it said.
He got up and paced the room. He could he do this.
Chapter 5 by velvet_tears
Author's Notes:
new chapter, i know 2 in a day. but everyone wanted another update.
"Jesse: Aj yelled running to her, "I need your help again."
"okay, what do you need help with?" she said putting down the artifact she was studying.
AJ handed her the map. Jesse's eyes grew wide.
"She talked to you."
He nodded, "she did, I was her lover a long time ago. the only way she and I can rest is that i give them a proper burial."
"Sacrifice and you will be with her." Jesse read of the back of the map.
"I think I have to sacrifice myself."
"oh no, i'm not helping you. AJ, this is insane."
"please" AJ begged her.
He handed her a wad of money.
"that will pay for the camels, anything."
She sighed, "fine give me a day and i'll get what we need. I'm so getting fired for this."
AJ grinned touching the gold band on his arm.
"Marahet, I 'll be with you soon I promise."
Chapter 6 by velvet_tears
Author's Notes:
okay sorry for lack of updates. a couple more chapters and this should be finished. please r&r. i thrive on feedback and i like to know how everyone likes it so far.
AJ felt himslef go down as the camel stopped to lay down. He looked at the map. This was it. Jesse stopped beside him, obviously not enjoying this.
"How do you even know that this is the place?"
"I just do, besides there is the temple of horus. The scroll said that both me and marahet were the priest and priestess of horus."
"This woman could mistake you for someone else."
AJ shook his head getting down from his camel. he felt the sand shift and noticed it swirling like a drain.
"Jesse, what does this mean?" he said suddenly excited.
"It means that there's is a cave or tunnel."
As she said it AJ went down with the sand and landed on a cold stone floor. He screamed when he saw the skeleton of his long lost lover. The arm disturbed and the gold band missing now on his own arm. Jesse slid down with the shifting sand, along with the tools they would need to do this.
"How exactly are you going to sacrifice yourself? I'm definitely not killing you."
AJ looked at the bones on his knees. They whispered to him. Then he noticed an alter along a cave wall.
"You can set up then leave me." he said entranced by some unknown force.
Jesse nodded setting up everything he needed, AJ touched the old dusty skeleton. He felt himself going back to a time where he lived.
Chapter 7 by velvet_tears
Author's Notes:
okay new chapter.
AJ looked all arouned. He slowly touched the glitering gold altar. On every wall was a scene. Was this the time he was destined to be in? Marahet stood behind the altar. She slowly walked over to him.
"Alexander, I want to take you back to that night. The night we died."
AJ nodded to her, "Marahet, I want to know. Take me."
Marahet grabbed his arm. He gasped as he was thrown back in time. He saw himself making love to her. But it wasn't himself, He looked younger. There were no tattoos on his arms. Except for one, the eye of horus stood out on his wrist. He saw that marahet had the same tattoo on her wrist. AJ turned at a banging noise as the doors of the room were thrown open. An enraged pharoh walked into the room. He watched as oth himself and marahet were killed. AJ shook his head furiously.
"Marahet, take me back. I don't want to see anymore.", he screamed.

AJ gasped as he fell on the floor next to the skeleton. He laid there sobbing. His body he had to find his body. On the opposite wall he saw a skeleton. The bones scattered all over. Marahet was left whole, but he was left in peices. He gathered the bones leaving them in a pile by the skelton of marahet. He picked up the knife that he had brought. He could do this. He had to.