Bite At Midnight : Hawthorne Castillo De Vampiro by ResaD
Summary: "What if the story you knew about the Backstreet Boys and how they got together was a lie? What if I told you it was nothing more than a cover? And I knew the truth! For it was me that formed them, that followed them, that made them! Want to know the real story? Than you might want to read on!" AJ wanted his dream to come true, to sing! He loved it. But what happened to him when he met that strange woman? His dream seemed so far away and she seemed so close. He longed to have her, yet, she offered him EVERYTHING his heart desired.
Dare he take it? What would he lose? Could he handle what she was offering?
I invite you to explore the start of the Bite At Midnight series and see how BSB became the BSB that we know!


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ
Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural
Warnings: Death, Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: Bite At Midnight Series
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 12600 Read: 24037 Published: 04/03/09 Updated: 06/05/09

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

3. Chapter 3 by ResaD

4. Chapter 4 by ResaD

5. Chapter 5 by ResaD

6. Chapter 6 by ResaD

7. Chapter 7 by ResaD

8. Chapter 8 by ResaD

9. Chapter 9 by ResaD

10. Chapter 10 by ResaD

11. Chapter 11 by ResaD

12. Chapter 12 by ResaD

13. Chapter 13 by ResaD

14. Chapter 14 by ResaD

15. Chapter 15 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
Chapter 1
They always screamed! Every last female and it was intoxicating as hell! Why, because we were THEM. Welcome to the world of Backstreet, but in particular, welcome into the world of Alexander James McLean, although, not the world that you think you know! Oh, no, what you think you knew is not the truth. The story you know of how Backstreet got together was made up to impress, to sell, and to cover! I’m going to take you on a journey, so you can see and understand just how we got to be the group, Backstreet. Let’s first say that what my world has become, the toughest don’t even want to tread through it. Perhaps I should take you back, back to the start, back to when there was no group, just me, back to when SHE walked into my life…

-----
“What’s wrong man?” I glanced to my right and shrugged. Something deep inside was not sitting right. Something was going to happen, but no damn clue what that something was. “Give, Age.”

“Steve, I don’t even know.” I paused, pulled a cigarette out, but didn’t light it. “You know how you feel something is going to happen?”

“Yeah.” I put the cigarette to my lips and lit it, savoring that sweet feel. “Is that how you’re feelin’?”

“Somethin’ like that.”

“What could be up? You got the start of the dream job, the dream girl. Nothing could go wrong.” Steve was right. I was in the music business, or the start of the music business, and tons of females lusted after me and screamed my name already. And Steve was right about my girl, I had one very gorgeous chick, Tatiana, and yeah, she could rock my world. But even all that did not stop that feeling. “How about after everything that we have to do is done, the three of us go out, just a guy’s night? It’s been forever.” I took a drag and than exhaled, letting those few seconds buy me some time as I thought it over. I took another quick drag, threw the bud over the side of the wall and noticed the brightness of the moon. I stared at it, something about it being strange tugged at my mind. “A harvest moon.”

“No, it’s…never mind. A guy’s night out sounds good.” He nodded his head and turned to head back inside, ending our discussion. I turned my eyes back to the moon, noting that it was redder, than the orange-yellow of the harvest moon. And it really was brighter than a normal full moon. It just added to that strange feeling that was burning stronger now.
Chapter 2 by ResaD
Chapter 2
I leaned back against the bar, taking in the club scene. At 30 years old, Steve still loved the club. And yeah, I guess you could say I did too. I guess it was more so for checking out the ladies, rather than the drinking or the dancing. I ordered my rum and coke, surveying the scene, but stopped as I felt a pair of eyes on me. But no one was even looking in my direction. I shook it off; just chalking it up the very strange evening I seemed to be having. I walked back over to the table and nudged my other band mate, Ray.

“What’s up AJ?”

“Where did Steve hear about this club?” I glanced around, taking in the black with the red colors. Or maybe a better term for that red would be blood red.

“I think through a friend. I’ve heard about it, they say it’s awesome.”

“I’m still waiting to be impressed.” Yes, I’ve seen a lot and done a lot, not all that I was happy with, but enough to say that this was not the best around. Different, that was certainly a given, but awesome, that I would not claim.

“Let it go, AJ. Let loose for the night.” With that, he smiled, winked and headed off to the other side of the dance floor. I sighed and sat down in his vacant seat, wondering what the hell was wrong with me.

“Nothing.” I nodded my head to that, than snapped it up. Before me stood a woman, who had to be slightly shorter than me, with raven black hair and amazing purple eyes. She smiled and I could not help but return that smile.

“Hi.” She chuckled at that and indicated the seat across from me. “Please, join me.”

“Do you always invite women you don’t know to join you?”

“I’m AJ.”

“Short for something?”

“Alexander.”

“Mmm, beautiful name.”

“Thank you, but you would be?”

“Theresa.”

“Than you’re not a stranger anymore.” There was that amazing smile once more. “Do you come here often?” Her eyes traveled around the room and she shook her head.

“I’ve only been here once or twice. Haven’t really found anyone worth my time.”

“What changed your mind?” Her head cocked to the side and her eyes took me in, trying to sum me up. Ha, good luck with that shit! I was certainly not the easiest one to sum up. Especially just by looking me over.

“You seem different.”

“Lady, you have no idea.” Her lips curled up and I felt that tingle run down my spine. But this was slightly different; it was mixed with a little fear. Something about her screamed at me to run, yet I stayed put. To say she spiked my interest was really stating the least.

“Oh, I think I might have an idea or two. Have it all, yet still so lonely and not quite sure why.” Wow, okay, maybe she just had that special ability to sum people up. She laughed and I glanced over at her. “Sorry, just something that came to mind. So, AJ, or may I use Alex?” I shivered, loving that sound. She smirked, and bit her lip, making me hard. What the hell, where did that come from?

“Um,” I cleared my throat once more, “Alex is fine.”

“Something wrong?”

“Not at all. May I buy you a drink?” She shook her head, her hair slightly swaying.

“No, I’m not much of a drinker. If you wouldn’t mind, though, I certainly wouldn’t mind taking a walk outside. It’s getting a little stuffy in here and it’s such an amazing night out.” I was a gentleman, and what gentleman would deny the woman’s request? Certainly not me. And yeah, okay, it had nothing to do with my hard on at that moment. Maybe the cool air might help.

“Than lead the way.” She smiled as she walked out of the club and started down the sidewalk.

“How did you hear about this club? It’s not advertised.”

“I actually came with a friend. I guess he heard about it and wanted to see what the fuss was about. Him, and a couple other friends like it.”

“But you don’t?” I just shrugged, and glanced at her. Damn, something about her just attracted me. I had to keep my eyes in front of me or I would be rude as hell by staring at her. She chuckled again and once more I was curious, sending a look her way. She shook her head but smiled. “You don’t?”

“Let’s just say it’s not my thing?” She rose an eyebrow at that and I had a feeling she wasn’t buying that statement. Fine, if truth be told, that was sort of like a gothic club and for all I show, I’m not really into gothic stuff. It was cool, and at times I might portray it, but really into it, nah, that wasn’t me. “Don’t look at me like that. You don’t like it either.”

“Now, that’s not what I said. I said I never found anyone who interested me, that was, until now.” I cocked my head to the side and smirked. “Oh, Mr. Alex gets a big head?” How right she was, she’ll never know, but not about the head on top. She chuckled again and I just had to stop that. That was the third time in less than 15 minutes that she was laughing at something, almost as if she was reading…now, that couldn’t be.

“No way.”

“No way, what, Alex?” I shook my head and resumed my walking. “Something is bothering you.”

“Not bothering me. You laugh at something, but it’s usually after I think something that’s sorta funny.”

“And you want to know if I can read thoughts?” Well, there was certainly no point in denying that now, huh?

“Something like that.” She smiled and damn it, all I wanted to do was kiss her. A woman I didn’t know, a woman I’m not sure I was supposed to be with, but certainly a woman I was starting to like.

“It’s not that I can read minds. I’ve just gotten really good at reading peoples body language and facial expressions. And you’re body and you’re face, says a lot about you.”

“Good things?” She shrugged and continued walking. “Do you know where we’re going?”

“I have a pretty good sense of direction.”

“I’m glad you do. How do I know I can trust you? That you don’t take me somewhere and ravage me?” She busted out laughing and I had to laugh myself.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to do that?” I grabbed her arm and pulled her right against my chest. Yup, just a few inches shorter than me. My hand cupped her cheek and before I could think twice, my lips brushed hers. Deep down, I know that was right, and yet, I still couldn’t shake that feeling that this wasn’t good. She moaned and in most cases that would have urged me on, but a taste was what I was leaving it at. I pulled away and she glanced up at me, her amber eyes shinning.

“No, I’m not sure.” It took her a second but she smiled.

“I better get you back to your friends. I don’t need a search party coming after me. Nor do I need calls from a jealous girlfriend.” We turned to walk back to the club, but I was lost in my thoughts, for I know I never mentioned a girlfriend.

“Will you be here tomorrow?” She glanced around the parking lot, looking for something, and than back at me.

“If you want me to be.” With that, she turned and started walking down the other side of the sidewalk.
Chapter 3 by ResaD
Chapter 3
“Sweetie, are you okay?” Her arms slide around my waist and her lips pressed against my neck, and usually, that would turn me on but now, it ticked me off. And I really couldn’t say why. “AJ, let’s go to bed.” I grabbed her arms and unwrapped them.

“I’m not in the mood.” She raised her eyebrow and I couldn’t understand how I used to find that sexy.

“You’re not in the mood? AJ, you’re always in the mood.”

“Well, I’m not.”

“I don’t buy that shit. Who is she?”

“What are you talking about?”

“What hoe are you screwing around with? You never turn me down.”

“Tatiana, I know you don’t like it when you don’t get your way, but that does not give you the right to start making up shit either!”

“Screw you! It has to be the truth. No man ever turns me down.”

“Well, guess what honey, this man is!”

“See if I come back.” She grabbed her purse and slammed the door as she left. On most occasions, I would have been hurt, but this time I was very grateful. I ran my hand over my face and sat down on the couch. I closed my eyes, but the only thing I could picture was amber eyes.

-----
“I heard Tatiana left.” I glanced up and shook my head. “You know Jennifer is good friends with her. Wanna explain what happened?”

“Not really Ray.”

“I’m gonna get the story, and you know that.” I sighed and glanced down at the song in front of me. The recording company wanted us to wrap this album up, yet most of us were debating if we wanted to be in a group or have solo acts. Let me rephrase, my two current best friends were debating, I was happy with the group.

“It’s not that I fell in love with some else. I just realized Tatiana was not the one for me. And she was pushy and it just really clicked.”

“She’s always been pushy.”

“I know. I guess I could stand it than.”

“So, what was this chick’s name?”

“Theresa. And we just talked.”

“AJ just talked with a girl?” I glared at Ray, yet all he did was grin. “You gotta admit that this isn’t like you.”

“I know. But I can’t explain it.”

“I think we all need to go back to that club.”

“I don’t know about you guys but I’m going.” Just that thought brought a smile to my face.

-----
I nursed my drink, watching, waiting, and hoping. Okay, was I falling for someone I didn’t know? No, but a strong attraction was there, that I wouldn’t deny. I sighed and put my drink down on the bar, not really understanding what the hell I was doing there. I mean, come on, just for a woman.

“Hello.” I melted at that simple word. Damn it all to hell. I turned around and smiled.

“Didn’t think you would show.”

“Why not?” I glanced down at my watch and made it point to emphasis the time. She chuckled and shook her head. “I’m way too much of a night owl. If the sun is up, I’m still asleep.”

“Oh, so at night is when you play?”

“Of course. It’s the best time after all.” I smiled at that, for those were my thoughts as well. “Wanna go on a tour?”

“A tour of what?”

“Of the castle you’re in. You did know that this club is part of a castle, right?”

“No.”

“Oh, you’ve only seen it at night. The castle blends with the darkness and unless you’re looking for it, you won’t really see it. So, want to take a tour?”

“Is this just a ploy to ravage me?” She raised her eyebrow and yeah, this time I found it very sexy.

“You are aware that is the second time you mentioned that, right? One more offer and I might just take that sexy body up on that.” I beamed. She thought I was sexy. I saw her smile and once more I wondered if she really could read thoughts. “So, that tour?” She held out her hand and I glanced around. “I promise, I won’t bite,” her smile got bigger and her eyes almost gleamed, “hard, that is.” I gulped. What was it about this woman that freakin’ turned me on? I placed my hand in hers and motioned for her to lead the way.
Chapter 4 by ResaD
Chapter 4
“And this would be who?” I turned around and cringed. Standing right there was a very pissed Tatiana. I could feel Theresa’s eyes on me, but I couldn’t turn to glance at her.

“You must be Tatiana. I’m Alex’s friend, Theresa.”

“I thought I knew all his friends,” she said, making it a point to look behind her and glance at Ray and Steve.

“Not all. I’m sorry. I just came back into town and wanted to see an old friend. I didn’t mean to take up all his time, but if it helps, he’s talked quite a bit about you.” Now, that caused me to turn. Not once had Tatiana’s name passed my lips and Theresa knew it. And why was she lying to Tatiana. I was glad that woman was out of my hair.

“He has.” She walked over and tried to slide her hand around my waist, but she couldn’t, for Theresa’s was already there. How the hell had that happened and I didn’t even know it. Tatiana pouted and glared at Theresa, but Theresa only smiled.

“And I’m sorry, but there’s still something’s I need to discuss with Alex before I can turn him over to you.” Tatiana raised an eyebrow but shrugged.

“He doesn’t like Alex.”

“I think he does. Ray, Steve, Tatiana, have a fun night at the club.” With that, I was being lead to the front door, not quite sure what happened or why she was lying. I placed my hand on her arm and turned her to face me.

“Okay, Miss Theresa, you better explain what just happened.”

“I have no idea what you’re referring to.”

“I never said Ray, Steve, or Tatiana, so how did you know they’re names?” She cringed a little but turned to walk down the steps. I quickly went after her and fell in step beside her.

“Okay, so maybe I fibbed.” I rolled my eyes and she smiled. “Okay, okay, I lied. I can read people’s minds. I try not to, since that’s invading their privacy, but in this case, you seem to really not want to deal with them, so I read your mind and lied.”

“Why not tell me?” She stopped walking and turned to me. I gazed into her eyes, losing myself in the hungry I saw written there.

“I tell men and they run away. I don’t know what it is about you Alex, but something draws me to you. I can’t explain it, but the last thing I want to do is scare you off.” My hand cupped her cheek and something inside me melted. My lips captured hers, my tongue catching the moan that escaped past her lips. Her hands slip around my waist and somehow her hand seemed to slide under my shirt, her nails raking down my back. I moaned and as she pulled away, she smirked.

“That’s a devil if I ever saw one.”

“This is something we can’t do in the middle of the night in an open field.” My eyes glanced around and I shrugged. She laughed and pressed her lips against mine once more. “Another night, I promise.”

“But why?” Her gaze turned to the moon and I noticed that it wasn’t a full moon anymore.

“Because it’s sexier, and more thrilling, when the moon is full and not just a half moon.”

“I never thought of it.”

“I do. Come, I better take you back to your friends so they don’t shoot me.” My arm stayed around her shoulders and she felt so right there.

“I don’t want to be with Tatiana.”

“So tell her. Why are you telling me?”

“Because I’m feeling something for you that goes beyond a friendship.” She placed her hand on my stomach and stopped me.

“Alex, you know nothing about me. How can you say something like that?” I grabbed her hand and placed it on my heart.

“Because in here, I can feel something.” She smiled and pressed her lips against mine.

“I’ll see you tomorrow night.” With that, she turned and left. I sighed, and walked back into the club.
Something told me that, that woman was going to change my life. She stopped walking and turned around, watching him as he entered the club. “Son of a bitch,” she muttered. She glanced up at the moon and shook her head. Her time was running short and she needed at least one to start the process. She smirked, ran her tongue over the lips and made her way back into the shadows.
Chapter 5 by ResaD
Chapter 5
“Do you know this woman?” I glanced up from the song I was looking over and up at Steve.

“What are you getting at?”

“AJ, you dumped Tatiana for that…woman.”

“First of all, Theresa is not just some woman. And not that it’s any of your business, but Tatiana left me.”

“Oh yeah, I already heard that story.” I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“Let me guess, you took her home?”

“Yes, where she poured her heart out.”

“Steve, you got played by my ex-girlfriend. But that’s alright, have her, ‘cause I don’t really care anymore.” With that, I went back to the song. I sighed and threw the paper on the desk. “I gotta get out of here.” I hopped on my bike and went back to the club, in search of Theresa.

-----
I stopped as I reached the parking lot, staring at the castle. It was eerie, yet, inviting at the same time. I shook my head and walked up the steps, finding the door locked. Well, it was a night club, I’m sure it wasn’t open during the day. I walked along the side, checking out the building, maybe finding an entrance. I stopped as I heard a hissing noise, thinking maybe I was around a snake, but as I turned, there was nothing more than thin air. Okay, yeah, a little freaky. I turned back around and stood face to face with a man.

“Can I help you?” His grin was far from welcoming. I swallowed the lump in my throat, not quite sure I could find my voice.

“I’m looking for someone.” He raised his brows in a silent question. “Her name is Theresa. I’m sure you haven’t heard of her, but she comes to the club all the time, and I was…”

“I know who she is. She’s…around. Please, come in, I’ll take you to see her.”

“Thank you. I didn’t catch your name.”

“I didn’t give it.”

“Frank, that’s enough, leave him alone.” The man turned and sneered at Theresa. “I believe you have something to be doing anyway.” He nodded his head, threw one look at me and left. “I’m sorry; he’s a pain in the ass.”

“No, he didn’t do anything wrong.”

“He was about to. What brings you by?”

“You, actually.”

“Oh, that’s a first for me.” She turned as she heard noises from inside. “Um, Alex, it’s not really safe to come to this castle alone.”

“Even during the day?” She walked down the steps and linked her arm through mine, steering me back to the parking lot.

“It’s, well, it’s sorta hard to explain.”

“Try me.”

“It’s haunted.” That stopped me dead in my tracks and I turned to look at her. “I’ll take you on that tour tonight and show you why.” With that, she pressed her lips against mine and left just as quickly as she came.
Chapter 6 by ResaD
Chapter 6
I walked into the club, my eyes adjusting to the dim lighting, and yet, it was different. The music was the thumping, the people were dancing, and the drinks were flowing, but an essence that was never there filled the room up. I shook my head, my eyes searching her out and finding her talking with another man. A wave of jealousy surged through me, although, I couldn’t phantom why. At that, her eyes quickly found mine and a smirk over took that sensual mouth. Ah, shit, I forgot, mind reader on my hands. Her smile grew and she excused herself and made her way over.

“Hey there sexy.” Her arms slid around my waist and her lips pressed at the base of my throat, causing me to jump. Her tongue flicked the spot and I was turned on without a doubt. She chuckled and pulled away. “Something wrong?”

“No, not all.”

“Don’t forget you can’t lie to me, you know?” I smiled and pulled her over to a booth. “What’s wrong Alex?”

“I know you don’t know a lot about me, and I really don’t know a lot about you.”

“You’re right.”

“But I really do feel something for you.” Her hand cupped my cheek and I pressed my lips against her palm. “I’ve never felt like this. It’s all so new, so…almost over whelming. I’m trying to get into music, and Ray and Steve are the other members of my group. Once upon a time, that used to be important to me, but since I’ve met you, I’m willing to throw that all away just to be with you.”

“Alex, you don’t know a thing about me.”

“I know you’re different, special, sweet, and amazing. And I know that you’re a woman I want to hold on to forever.”

“Forever is a rather long time.”

“Yes it is. That’s why I want a woman like you by my side.” She glanced around, noticing some eyes turning in their direction.

“Well, if you want that, than I suggest you start knowing a little more about me, huh? I’ll even take you on the grand tour of my home.”

“Oh, this haunted castle?”

“It is. Come on, though, I’ll explain why.” She held out her hand and I placed mine within hers. I trusted her, but a voice somewhere deep inside told me not too. It whispered that I didn’t know her, didn’t know what she could do to me. But I haven’t listened to that voice, why in the world would I start now? She led us outside and around the castle. “It’s actually pretty old, dating back to the 1600’s.”

“And you live here?” She laughed as she opened the front door and we stepped in. It was dark, and I was expecting a large amount of light to flood the room, so I was surprised when I saw her lighting a torch.

“It’s odd, I know. When I got this castle, I couldn’t bear the thought of ruining this area with lights.”

“And just here?”

“Oh no, the entry way, the hall way, and the living room have no lights. Everything else is modern though. In fact, the dinning room has a wonderful chandelier over it. It’s sorta hard to cook and eat with no lights.” I stepped further in, feeling something odd settle in the pit of my stomach.

“The living room has no TV?”

“It has nothing other than lots of books and a fireplace.”

“How did you come by this castle?”

“Charles Hawthorne is a great ancestor of mine. Well, perhaps not great. They say it’s his wife that roams these halls.”

“Wife?”

“Yes. He killed her, because he thought she was cheating on him. So, after she gave birth to her daughter, he had her thrown over board on one of his ships. After only a couple of months though, the story says that he committed suicide because she wouldn’t leave him alone. But, you know how stories go. There’s a picture of her up, actually. Wanna see it?” I glanced at her, intrigued all the more by the fire burning in the depths of her eyes.

“Yeah.”

“You’re not scared are you?”

“Not yet.” She laughed and grabbed my hand, leading me down the hall way and into the living room. She pointed to a picture above the fireplace. “Kristina Hawthorne. She was pretty huh?”

“You have her eyes.”
Chapter 7 by ResaD
Chapter 7
“She was my great grandmother. Well, many greats in there, but yeah, you get the hint.” I turned back to the picture and nodded.

“So, is there one of Charles?” After a few moments of silence I turned to look at her and watched as she shook the anger off her face.

“No. He’s not one we like to talk about. She loved Charles, never would have cheated.”

“Did he have proof?”

“Nothing more than idle gossip from the household staff. They say they always found her in the arms of a lover.”

“And you’re so certain?”

“We have a journal that she kept; it talked about all of this. Charles never found it though.”

“And she still haunts this place?”

“In all my years of living here, I’ve never seen her, or heard her. Although, the couple of people who have checked out the place or the rare guest that I have had, always claimed to hear her, or rather, hear something.”

“I must admit that this is the first time I’ve been in a castle. It doesn’t seem haunted.” She laughed and shook her head.

“Are you supposed to know what that’s like?” I shrugged and took the seat next to her on the couch.

“I thank you for sharing that, but that still doesn’t really give me a big insight to you.”

“Hmm, I’m not sure what you want to know?” Her shrug, her innocent manner, her bright eyes, and her rather short skirt and tight top were driving me crazy with desire. I leaned towards her and pressed my lips against hers.

“I want to know where your sweet spot is,” I said, as I placed a kiss at the juncture of her shoulder and neck, slowly running my tongue over the spot, enjoying the sweet sigh escape her lips. “I want to know what you look like naked in the fire light,” I whispered as I trailed my lips over the top of her breasts, slowly untying the black corset. “I want to know…” I trailed off as I pulled her top free and gazed into her eyes. Her arms wrapped around my neck and her lips pressed against mine. Her tongue sought mine out, a moan escaping from my lips. She pulled away and shook her head.

“I know it’s not fair that I’m half way naked and your still fully dressed,” with that, her hands snaked up under my shirt and quickly drew it over my head, tossing it aside. “I guess I could say I want to know the same about you, Alexander.” With that, her lips were back on mine. My hands were traveling up her thighs and under her skirt, wanting to feel every inch that I could. Her lips trailed down my neck, causing shivers to race down my spine. I closed my eyes, enjoying the sweet torture that her lips and tongue were doing. Her tongue flicked across a nipple and I jerked as I felt her bite right above the area, than her tongue as she soothed the spot. Her lips continued downward, her tongue tracing around my belly button and the tattoo there, while her hands worked at undoing my pants. Her hands slid down, and around my length, her tongue and teeth running up along it, causing little whimpers to escape. She had me turned on, and I knew if her mouth wrapped around that, I was as good as gone. Her tongue flicked across the head, causing me to gasp, and her teeth once more pinched, this time causing me to jump. But, a knock stooped us from anymore action. I opened my eyes, blinked a couple times and watched her as she walked to the door, already dressed. I quickly zipped up my pants, and yanked my shirt on.

“I gotta go.” She pouted at me and I wanted nothing more than to kiss her again.

“I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

“Well, that was a first for me.”

“I’m sorry. I just, that was, I’m sorry.” I cupped her chin and forced her eyes to meet mine.

“That was what?”

“Well, I haven’t a lot of boyfriends, let alone lots of lovers.” I kissed the top of her head, not knowing the lie for what it was.

“Why don’t I take you to dinner tomorrow?”

“I’d like that.” Her smile caught me off guard. Damn it all to hell, I was falling fast for this one. Her amber eyes, her sensual mouth, that body…yeah, Alexander was in love with a woman he knew nothing about.
Chapter 8 by ResaD
Chapter 8
I woke up with a start. Damn, that dream was so real, her lips, her teeth, the whole thing. I shook it off and threw my legs over the side of my bed, catching the time on the clock. What the hell? How the hell did I sleep most of the day away? I frowned as I grabbed my cell phone and saw five missed calls, three from Ray and two from Steve. Well, any shot of the band really seemed distant now. I quickly flipped my cell phone open and dialed my voice mail, hearing two unheard messages, one from each guy and both pissed off that I blew them off. I punched three and it started dialing Ray’s number.

“You better have a damn good reason why you didn’t show?”

“I was asleep. I came down with something and I’ve been home all day.”

“You must have been dead to the world, AJ, because we called the house and your cell.”

“I know man.” He sighed, and I knew he was frustrated. Yeah, well, so was I. It really seemed like I was the only putting effort into this group, wanting it to take off; yet, they got all pissed off at me because I missed one damn day. Well, screw them.

“Look man, I think maybe we should take a break from this group stuff?”

“Take a break Ray? Hell, we haven’t even got it started.”

“Than maybe we shouldn’t take it anywhere. Both Steve and I have some ideas that you’re not willing to go along with.”

“That’s bull shit and you know it. But fine, if that’s how you want, it sure as hell works for me.” With that, I shut my cell phone and threw it on the bed. I glanced at the clock again, noticing that it was almost six, and I had told Theresa that I was going to take her to dinner. I sighed as I made my way over to the bathroom, yet stopping as my cell phone started to ring. I glanced at the caller idea, not noticing the number. “Hello?” I asked, as I flipped it open.

“Alex?”

“Theresa?”

“The one and only. Didn’t think I had this number?”

“Don’t remember giving it to you.”

“Did you forget who you’re talking too?”

“Oh, that’s right, mind reader.” She chuckled and goose bumps raced down my arms. How she managed that, I’ll never know. “What time were you stopping by?”

“Oh, I figured around 7:30, if that’s not too late for you?” She laughed once more, making me long to take her in my arms.

“No, it’s perfect actually. If I’m not there, Frank will let me in.”

“I thought you told me to stay away from him?”

“How about you just be on your guard.”

“Why? What is he?”

“Frank is a friend of the family, to put it mildly. And he’s not crazy about strangers, especially males who date me. And since you came looking for me, and I hadn’t mentioned you, he’s even more upset.”

“So, if he answers, should I be worried?”

“As long as you mind your manners, you’ll be fine. Now, I need to go get ready.”

“Not like you have a lot to do, you know.”

“Aww, you’re so sweet. Hmmm, I may like the sweet boys after all.” It was my turn to chuckle. I bid her goodbye and hung up the phone, once more tossing it on my bed. I sighed as I turned the shower on, getting it to the right temperature. I yanked me shirt off and threw it in the room, deciding to pick it up later. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror, noticing two dots, side by side of each other right above my nipple. I ran my finger over them, not believing what I was seeing.

“Okay, those have to be her canine teeth, because there’s no other reason for it.” I yanked my shorts off, threw those as well. On a whim, I ran my fingers over the top of my length, finding the same damn marks there. ‘Oh shit’, my mind screamed. Looking at those dots on my chest once more, almost reminded me of vampire bites.
Chapter 9 by ResaD
Chapter 9
“Do you know anything about him?”

“I’m only using him to get what I need, thank you.”

“These are people you need to trust with your life!” She slowly turned around and glanced at the man standing before her. She was old, dating back 500 hundred years, and he, he was just a few years older than her.

“I neither want your advice nor do I need it.”

“You will do as I say! You belong to me, to this coven.”

“Be careful Donovan. You might be older, but I am by far more powerful. And, as it were, I belong to no one or nothing.” He stood right before her, his brown eyes holding his anger, itching to lash at her. “I let you stay in my home, using it as you see fit. I even let your followers stay here. Believe me, you have nothing on me.” With that, her amber eyes flashed and quickly, he was flung across the room, hitting the wall with a crashing thud. “Let me make myself clear for the last and final time. You are nothing to me! You are not my ruler, nor my protector. You are not my savior, nor my creator! In this world, there is not another like me, which makes me have the power that I do! If my power was to leave this house, you and all your sorry followers would perish. Remember that!” She turned to go but stopped at the door and quickly glanced behind her, watching the man slowly rise to his feet. “I know how precious Frank is to you. I would hate to see anything happen to him because he didn’t stay out of my way.” With that, she swung the door opened and left.

“Why do you anger her?” Donovan sighed.

“She is a child, trying to make her life her own.”

“Donovan, she is only five years younger than you. We were created as vampires, she was born as one. You have naught the ability nor the mind set to stop what she is doing. We need this home, and her protection, to survive.” Donovan glanced at the woman who appeared at his side and smiled.

“You are right, my love. It just irks me.” The woman laughed and linked her arm through his.

“I know. But if Charles couldn’t stop her, than you won’t be able to.”

“Charles was weak, he loved her too much.”

“Please, Donovan, do not push her. I couldn’t bear to see what she did to him happen to you. She is family, but her faithfulness only goes so far.”

“Your right, Lexy, your right.”

-----
“And to drink for you madame?”

“I’ll have a glass of red wine.” She folded her menu and set it aside. I could feel her eyes, but I just couldn’t look at her. “Alex?”

“Hmm,” I muttered, pretending to be engrossed in what I was looking at.

“Alex.”

“What?” I couldn’t fight it anymore and I finally glanced at her. When I had walked to the front door this evening to pick her up, she was already there, her raven hair floating around her shoulders, her eyes shinning brightly, her only make up was a tint of eye liner and some lip gloss. Her attire was just as sexy. Tonight, she choose a full length skirt, with a slit clear up her thigh and yet another corset top, this one in a deep purple color that only brought out her eyes. Yup, the moment my eyes landed on her then, the blood went straight down there! And any glance at her only made it worse. I had truly wished that I was able to explain this sexual attraction. Hell, I was older, had my fair share of women, so why was this one so different?

“What’s wrong?”

“No mind reading tricks?” She leaned back in her seat and folded her arms under her chest, pushing those breasts up more. Her eyes turned darker and that warning that I kept hearing, flashed threw my mind again. I ran my hand over my face and sighed, putting my hand out for hers. “It’s not you, Theresa. Actually, I’m just frustrated at many things.” She smiled and my breath caught. She placed her hand in mine and leaned in for a kiss.

“I’m trying not to read your mind tonight. Although, I really want to.” I laughed and pulled her hand up to my lips.

“No you don’t.” Her laugh rolled over me, causing me to get even harder.

“Tell me what has those amazing eyes so troubled.”

“I told you about the music group. They wanna take a break and we haven’t even started.”

“Is that all?” I quickly glanced at her. “Alex, believe me, if you stick with me, I promise to make all your dreams come true.”

“Oh, does that mean your finally going to ravage my body?” Her eyebrow shot up in a silent question.

“Interesting, that has been numerous times you know.”

“If last night was any show of what you can do, girl, sign me up.” Her eyes shot outside, glancing at something.

“Another time, I promise.”

“May I ask when?”

“The rise of the next full moon. I told you, outside, under the stars, it’s magical, in a way you never thought possible.”
Chapter 10 by ResaD
Chapter 10
She hopped on my bike and wrapped her arms tightly around my waist. I glanced behind me and saw nothing but leg. I swallowed the lump that had formed there.

“Where do you wanna go?” She pressed herself against my back and leaned close to my ear.

“How about your place?” She pulled my lobe between her teeth and I had to quickly suck in a breath. Right, my place. I could make it there in ten minutes. To hell with the speeding tickets. She was driving me wild and than she laughed. She really didn’t have to read my mind, I’m sure. Every pore and every fiber were screaming that they wanted her.

“Well, if it’s my place, than hold on tight.”

“Why?” It was my turn to laugh. Babygirl had no idea. I was told time and time again that I was a speed demon on my bike. And now, I had even more of a reason. She had drugged me, that I was certain. And all I wanted was to be with her, be in her, be consumed by her. Not that I wasn’t already there. Or at least, to my way of thinking, I should say. We left the restaurant and I made it back to my house in under fifteen minutes. Of course, I was pushing eighty the whole way.

-----
She glanced around, her fingers running over the couch as she stepped up to it. Damn, I would love to throw her on that but the look she gave me stopped me short

“You have a nice place.”

“You haven’t even seen the rest of it.” She walked over and slid her hands down my chest, slowly unbuttoning the shirt and pushing it off my shoulders.

“I’ve seen enough to know that I like it.” I swallowed the lump in my throat. Was she still talking about my home here?

“That’s, um, great.” She smirked. Hell, I know she didn’t need to be a mind reader now. “What are you?” She paused and took a step back.

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve never been this into a woman. I can’t stop thinking about you; I can’t even stop wanting you. I’m not some virgin; I’ve had my fair share of women. But, nothing I do eases my wanting you.” I placed my hands on her waist, needing to touch her at this point like I needed air. I stared into those amber eyes, trying to find any answers that I could, yet none were lying there. She took a deep breath, her breasts straining against the material.

“I’m nothing special.”

“No, you are. I haven’t figured out how you are, but I know that you are. There’s something about you that’s not in any woman. I know I never found this in Tatiana and she was amazing. I look back on her now and she’s nothing compared to you. Hell, I only broke up with her a few short days ago, and yet, in that time, my world is all around you.” My hands snaked up her back, one hand entangling itself in those raven locks. Damn, it was thick, and beautiful, and would look so damn good resting on my pillow. I couldn’t resist it anymore, my head descended and my lips pressed against hers, capturing the moan that she released. Damn, talk about an aphrodisiac. Her arms wrapped around my waist, her nails running up and down my back. There was a fire burning deep within for her, and only her. She was the only one who could put it out, hell, if that was even possible. Half the time I felt like I was going to be consumed by it. Her lips pulled away and trailed over my cheek, nipping and kissing her way down my neck. She stopped, and slowly pulled away. I stared into her eyes, seeing her passion and the fire burning there. Well, hell, I guess I wasn’t alone. So, why was she waiting? She smirked, her hands resting on my stomach as she started kissing my shoulders. She moved behind me, tracing a tattoo with her tongue. I shuddered, unaware of how erotic that could be. Her lips pressed against, and somewhere in my sex induced mind, I felt a sharp pinch, than her tongue caressing that spot once more. Her head rested on my back, and I could feel it. It was the second time I was being turned down.

“It’s not you, Alex. You saw the hunger.”

“So why stop?” She walked around and once more stood in front of me, her eyes holding mine.

“I can’t explain it.” I jabbed my fingers through my hair, walking as far away as I could. I wasn’t angry, which was pretty damn amazing. No, I was confused, and to be honest, I didn’t like it. I didn’t like the mind tricks she was playing nor this hot and cold game. But I knew I was beyond powerless to stop and beyond powerless to turn away. Like the famous black widow, I was ensnarled by her and I knew she wasn’t letting me go.

“Theresa, I’m not sure I can do this.”

“What do you mean?” I let my eyes roam the surrounding landscape, loving the view. I took a breath and felt her slide her arms around my waist from behind, her head resting against a shoulder blade.

“I’m in love with someone I know nothing about. I’ve already told you. And as much as I’m drawn to you, like a moth, I know I’m going to get burned.”

“Alex, I’m not understanding what you’re telling me.”

“If I can’t get answers Theresa, if I can’t get help figuring you out, than I have to be honest to me and tell you I want nothing to do with you.”
Chapter 11 by ResaD
Chapter 11
I could feel her stiffen, could feel the anger start from within. I didn’t mean it; I knew I couldn’t leave her. But I had to do something.

“You want me out of your life?” I turned around and grabbed her upper arms.

“I want answers, damn it. This is not a relationship.” She raised her eyebrow and part of her mouth lifted up.

“You’re right. We’re seeing each other Alex; I don’t recall any mention of a relationship.”

“I broke up my group for you; I broke off my relationship for you!”

“No one asked you too. So don’t you lay that at my feet!”

“Why is so hard to tell me what the hell is going on Theresa?”

“Because you wouldn’t understand it! I can’t explain it Alex. It’s not that I don’t want to, I just can’t. It’s complicated. And the only time anything feels right, and not so complicated, is when I’m with you.” She closed her eyes and laid her hand on my cheek. “I told you, stick with me and I’ll make all your dreams come true. Some you didn’t even know about. But you have to trust me.”

“With out knowing anything?”

“With knowing that I care very deeply for you. And yes, I do love you too. And knowing that I won’t leave you or ditch you like your friends.”

“That’s not a lot to go on, you know?” She smiled and leaned up to kiss me. She slowly pulled away, her forehead resting against mine.

“There will be a time when I can explain it all. And I promise you’ll understand it. But, please, don’t worry. Don’t run off on me, scared out of your mind, because I wouldn’t do anything to harm you.” Well, could I say no? Not even. I never wanted to. I just really didn’t want to be confused anymore. But, my life was not my own and I knew that I would have to be confused for at least a little while longer.

-----
Two hours later, I awoke, her breath sending goose bumps up and down my arms. I glanced down at this woman lying on my chest, her hair draped over my arm. She was so utterly beautiful. I shook my head, gently lifting her off of me. I groaned softly, my back killing me. Well, not killing me. It felt like there were tons of needles jabbing into my back. I walked into my bathroom, closing the door behind me, not wanting to wake the sleeping beauty. I turned the light on, blinded for a moment by the bright light. Slowly, I opened my eyes to check the reflection in the mirror. Well, nothing out of the…I shifted, seeing the bruise forming on my neck. That little minx left another damn present. I smiled, than turned around, gasping at the sight. Shit, no wonder my back hurt! There were tons of scratches, even some spots that look like scabs had formed there. She was rougher than I recalled. I reached up, running my fingers over my tattoo, feeling once more those two dots. There was no way she was…I couldn’t even finish that thought. I mean, if you really looked at the whole picture, it would make some sense. She was such a gothic woman. She oozed sex appeal, even when she wasn’t trying. Her nails had to be sharp, to do that, and than all the bite marks. But, if she was, she wouldn’t be allowed in the sun. And yet, there she was, in my bed. Well, I guess that could be proof enough. Or, unless she flew right out of my room. Than I would probably die of shock. I flicked the light off, and made my way back to my bed, her body curling up next to mine.

“You left.” She placed a kiss on my chest, her arm wrapping around my stomach.

“I had to use the restroom.”

“In that case, I guess I can forgive you.”

“Did you want to do something this morning, or afternoon?”

“Shopping sounds wonderful. Than maybe a swim. Who knows? Right now, I say we sleep.” Well, if she was a vampire, you didn’t offer suggestions like that.
Chapter 12 by ResaD
Chapter 12
“You know, I don’t think I’ve seen you wear anything but a corset there.” She shrugged as she buttoned up my shirt half way, showing part of her cleavage.

“I love corsets. Something sexy about them.” I slipped my arm around her waist and smiled down at her.

“I do dig sexy.” She smiled, her hands sliding up my arms.

“I think we better head out before we spend the day in bed.”

“I don’t see any problems with that.” She quickly pressed her lips against mine as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I moaned, my body craving hers, something deep within me longing to be with her, to be hers. She finally pulled away, smiling at me.

“Come on sexy, the day has only started.” I glanced outside, frowning as I saw the dark clouds rolling in. That was strange. I was almost positive that I heard it was supposed to be sunny today. “What’s wrong?” She glanced outside too.

“Don’t remember them talking about rain.”

“Oh well. So, no tan. Don’t let a few clouds stop our day.” I quickly glanced at her, seeing her eyes flash before she glanced at me, and with that, a quick slam of thunder echoed through my apartment. “Come, before we get soaked!”

-----
“Has anyone called you dark and gothic?” She glanced over at me and raised an eyebrow.

“That, no. They have called me mysterious, and even strange.” I quickly looked at her. Yes, she was dark, and I would deem her slightly gothic and most certainly that type of mysterious sexy, but strange? No! Although, in all my years, I don’t recall ever meeting anyone like her. She glanced over at me and started to smile. “I like being called sexy.”

“I never said it out loud, you know.” She wrapped her arm around my waist and winked at me.

“It’s all the same in my book.” I chuckled at that as we left the store. After a few moments, I felt her stiffen and stare ahead.

“What’s wrong?”

“We have company.” I glanced in the direction she was staring and saw Tatiana and Steve turn the corner. Okay, that was freaky, she was seeing into the future? But, I didn’t get the chance to question her, for the couple stopped and stared themselves.

“Look here, if it isn’t the lovely couple. Don’t you think, Steve, it’s strange that AJ jumps from bed to bed.” I narrowed my eyes, so badly wanting to strangle Tatiana’s throat, but Theresa put her hand on my arm. I glanced down at her and she shook her head slightly.

“I’m not all too sure I would be saying anything, Tatiana, when you, yourself were sleeping around behind Alex’s back.” I gasped. I mean, who would have known that? No wonder why he seemed to know so much shit between me and her. “Now, let’s just forget about each other. You don’t need to remember Alex. Or, that will be until he gets famous.”

“And you’re going to do that? Alex really doesn’t have the talent.”

“Oh, that’s where you’re wrong. He has a lot of talent.” She stopped, glanced over at me and smirked. “And, he has a lot of sex appeal. Trust me; there will come a time when you wish you still knew him.” Tatiana snorted at that.

“Than you are just blind. He’s nothing special.”

“Watch your back, Tatiana.” With that, she was pulling on my arm to leave. “Let’s go love. Leave these two to do whatever they were doing.” To say I was shocked was certainly an understatement. She stopped, her eyebrows crinkled together and she slowly turned around. Her eyes flashed and Tatiana quickly stopped glaring.

“Don’t like her?” She smiled and shook her head.

“Never did.”

-----
“You risk everything on that stupid brat!” She tied up her corset, her eyes never glancing at him. He growled, showing just how frustrated he was. His hand swiped out, knocking over the table in her room. Her eyes glanced at the table laying on her floor than finally raised her eyes to his.

“Pick it up.”

“Not until you listen.”

“I’m not warning you again. Pick it up!”

“Damn it Theresa. You risk…” He was cut off as she wrapped her hand around his neck and lifted him off the floor.

“I will kill you. You know this. Why do you tempt me for?” His chocked response meant nothing to her. All of a sudden, the door to her room flew up, the other woman standing there.

“Theresa!”

“Aunt Lexy, how nice of you to join us.”

“Please, let him be.” She shrugged, and tossed him against the wall. Lexy ran over to him and helped him up. “Why are you so angry with him?”

“Don’t ask me the questions. I have to answer to no one!”

”Tatiana is upset with you and will try to harm you.” At that, Theresa laughed. Harm a vampire? One as powerful as her? Right! Donavon quickly glanced at her and shook his head. “You’re not unstoppable, you do know that right?”

“I know. But I’m not stupid either. I survived many husbands, Charles, being the worst.”

“These days aren’t like those.” She brushed her hair before she turned to look at him.

“I want her to die.”

”What?”

“Tatiana. I want her dead.”

“So kill her yourself.”

“I can’t! Not before the rise of the next moon. She is not someone I want to deal with! You know this! And she’s the problem for you, not for me. Remember, I control my surroundings, you do not!”

“Let me turn her!” She threw the brush and it hit the wall, just an inch left of his head.

“Dead! Drain her till there is not a drop left! Or, believe me when I tell you, that the next time I feed, it will be on your blood!”
Chapter 13 by ResaD
Chapter 13
She walked towards the club, feeling a chill run through her body, and Theresa’s words echoing in her mind. She wanted to be with someone who could spoil her, and for some unknown reason, she believed that Theresa could make AJ famous and do all she said. And because of that, she had to try and win him back. She never really loved him, she was just using him and she could certainly go on doing that. He didn’t know than and he wasn’t going to know now. She opened the door, shivering once more as another chill raced down her spine. She stood for a moment, letting her eyes adjust to the dimness. I followed Theresa’s gaze and just about died of laughter looking at Tatiana. Her eyes scanned the room, finally landing on me. She quickly made her way over and took the extra seat without being asked.

“Hey Alex.”

“It’s AJ.” She pouted at that.

“She gets to call you Alex. Shouldn’t the love of your life be able to as well?”

“You’re not the love of my life. What do you want?”

“I love you. I want a second chance. I think we could really be a great couple.”

“Not on your life.” I watched the play of emotions in her eyes and had to smile. Why I had never known her to be a deceitful, conniving woman was beyond my understanding. I glanced over at Theresa, who was leaning back, smirking at the scene in front of her.

“Is it because of that bitch? She ruined everything you’ve worked so hard for! She destroyed your dreams, dashed all your hopes and yet your still staying with her! Don’t you see how she has you blinded?”

“That’s uncalled for! Hello, you were sleeping around with my best friend behind my back! Did you think I would go back to you!”

“I’m the best you’ll ever gonna get! At least I do not have to act like a damn skank to get your attention!”

“I think you’re done here. I don’t want you to come into my club again. I found out you have, you will wish you were smart enough to heed my warnings. Now, I’m suggesting you leave.”

“You can’t kick me out!”

“My club, my rules. Means, I can do whatever I want. Out!” I watched as Tatiana huffed, glared at both Resa and I and than made her way outside. She walked out the door, and down the steps, finally sensing someone behind her. She turned, seeing the man.

“Can I help you?”

“It’s such a shame that she tossed you out. I would love getting to know someone so breathe taking as you.” Tatiana smiled. This man wasn’t no AJ, but he was sexy in his own way.

“You can.” He smiled as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

“I can’t help but wonder how those lips feel. I’m sorry.”

“Please, don’t be. Try them.” Donovan had to laugh to himself. Humans truly were such easy prey. Say a few pretty words and let some sex appeal hang in the air and you could do whatever you wanted. And personally, he felt this one girl would be a good vampire. But, he heard that evil voice in his mind and quickly stopped his thinking. Theresa had told him to kill her and he had better. He had to admit, he was a little scared of her, and he knew she would make good on her threat about him. His lips connected with Tatiana’s and she moaned, her arms wrapping around his neck. His lips trailed over her cheek and down her neck. She threw her head back, exposing her neck to his hungry lips. He smiled as his fangs grew and sank into that tender flesh, loving the quick gasp that escaped.

-----
AJ groaned, wanting to ignore that intense ringing at his bedside. Why the hell would someone call him up in the middle of the night anyway? AJ peeked his eyes open, quickly shutting them as the sun streamed through the window. Damn, that really hurt. He threw his arm over his eyes as his other hand reached for the phone. He hit the talk button and finally managed to croak out a hello.

“Damn, you sound dead to the world.”

“I think I am. Why are you waking me up?”

”AJ, it’s like three in the afternoon. Why are you still in bed?”

“Because it was a late night. What’s wrong?”

“I just got done talking with Steve.”

“Go on Ray.”

“He’s really upset. Tatiana didn’t come home last night.” AJ sat up in his bed, ignoring the pain that shot through his eyes.

“What happened?”

“She was found, in an alley, this morning. Her neck was sliced open.”

“What?”

“The police don’t understand it. It seemed like a random attack. But, Steve said that she had gone to that club, the one where you met Theresa.”

“Yeah, she was there. Said a few choice words and Theresa kicked her out. That was it. We had a couple drinks, and danced the night away.” AJ really tried to recall what happened, but to be honest, he couldn’t remember. He knew Theresa left for a few minutes, but where she had went, he didn’t recall. But, seriously, she didn’t have the heart to do this. But, that voice in the back of his mind spoke up again, saying what did he really know?

“That’s it man?”

“I promise. I couldn’t tell you what happened. Although, I am sorry for his loss.”

“Yeah, I’ll convey the message. I’ll talk to you later.” With that, he hung up, leaving AJ the only one on the line.

“Baby.” AJ glanced at the bathroom door, not even remembering that Theresa had come home with him. “Who was that?”

“Ray. He said they found Tatiana dead, her neck was sliced open.”

“Brutal way to die.”

“Last night, you left, where did you go?”

“You think I killed her?”

“No. I’m just curious.” She climbed into the bed, her hand cupping my cheek.

“I’m sorry she died. But, she stepped on some toes, pushed the wrong buttons. There is evil in this world that you don’t want to get mixed up in, and she did.”

“What do you mean? How would you know?”

“Because I know the evil that killed her.”

“How would you know that?” Her eyes turned a brighter purple, and I watched, transfixed by that simple deal.

“Because I’m the evil that ordered it done.”
Chapter 14 by ResaD
Chapter 14
I stared at myself in the mirror, her voice vibrating in my ears. She knew of this evil. Hell, she controlled this evil. That should have been my warning, but instead, it excited me even more. What she was, who she was, I was still craving more. I wanted everything that she was. Of course, I believed now that she may be a vampire. And looking back, all the puzzle pieces really did seem to fit. All the myths that I knew of, they were true. Well, some, anyways. But, I suppose my burning question was how she became one, because she seemed like none that I had ever seen before. Okay, at least in the movies. I quickly finished getting ready, glancing outside at the full moon that was starting to peak over the mountain side. Once more, my mind was screaming that this was wrong, that I needed to run. But, my body craved to be in her, to be hers. And it nothing else, I needed her to keep all her promises.

-----
I stood outside, nothing wanting to go in quite yet. My eyes roamed over the walls, and then to the castle that I could clearly see now. I shook my head and reached into my pocket to get a cigarette. I rested against the cool stones as I lit it and took a deep drag. I closed my eyes, not opening them, even as I felt her presence.

“You’re not coming in?” I could only shake my head. “What’s wrong? Why aren’t you coming in?” Damn, I wanted to ask her but at the same time, I really didn’t want the answers. “Alex,” she whispered softly. I glanced into her eyes. Why was she so hypnotic? Why could I not leave and completely forget her?

“Why?” I whispered. She smiled at that. We both knew that she just read everything floating around in that jumbled mind of mine.

“Alex, please come with me.” I threw my cigarette on the ground, watched as her eyes flashed and the cigarette exploded. She turned to me and smiled. “I’ll explain, if you truly wish.” No, I really didn’t wish. I wanted her, no matter what problems, or other issues, she came with.

-----
An hour later, I spaced what I wanted to know. She dragged me on the floor and before I knew, I had forgotten it all. Of course, the fact that she had to be wearing the shortest skirt and tightest corset had a good part in it. My hands held onto her hips as her lips nibbled along my neck. Shit, was I hurting here! I so badly wanted to be buried inside her. I was really fighting all of my will power not to shove her against a wall and take her there. My hands traveled down her back, cupping her ass, as one hand went down her thigh, bringing her leg up on my hip. She moaned, her lips capturing mine, my tongue dueling hers. Her nails scrapped along the back of my neck, and I moaned, feeling the strongest of sensations race through her. I felt my back against a wall, heard the muffle moans, and knew my world was forever changed. Slowly, I pulled away, my eyes opening and taking in the various couples around me. The club was different, and yet, still the same.

“What happened?”
“You know what I am.” She cupped my cheek and my eyes connected with hers. All I managed was a nod. “You don’t seem shocked.”

“I guess I’ve been wondering for a while.”

“Yet you stayed?”

“I want no other.” She smiled, and my body hummed even more for her.

“Alex, I told you I would make all your dreams come true. I don’t back out on my promises. But, let me explain exactly what I am. I’m a vampire, not bitten, but born. I have powers that none other posses. Such, as the ability to control and wrap my environment and to read minds, and, there’s so much more.”

“This club, it’s just a stage?”

“A lure, actually. Vampires do have to feed; it’s the way of our lives. I make it easier by luring the humans here, than having them go out.”

“No bodies show on the news.” She chuckled.

“My powers are strong, my love. But, be aware of what I am asking you.” I didn’t even think, didn’t want to know. I watched, as her hands untied the string on the corset, her breasts spilling over. Her lips pressed against mine, as my arms wrapped her waist, lifting her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist, quickly unbuttoning my pants. She chuckled, as my fingers found nothing but skin underneath that skirt, really knowing her for the naughty girl she was. Her lips trailed over my neck, and as I slipped into her, I felt her bite.
Chapter 15 by ResaD
Author's Notes:
Well, I hope you enjoyed the first start of this series. Maybe Nick or Howie might be the next one, so stay on the look out! And thank you for all the reviews!
Chapter 15
I crumpled to the floor, my eyes closing, feeling the loss of blood. She knelled down beside me, her hands gently caressing my face. She leaned close to my ear, and I strained to hear her.

“I want you Alex. I will give you everything you’ve ever dreamed of. The one thing I ask, is that you follow me, only me. You do my bidding when I say. Trust only me, and you’re world will be one you never thought possible. Do you want that?” I nodded. I wanted her, had always wanted her, and my lust for her wasn’t subsiding, not even close. She smiled, her nail slicing a thin line along her breast. She slid her hands into my hair, pushing me closer. My stomach churned at the thought of what I was about to do. And inside, that voice, for the last time, screamed at me to just die, but no, I craved, yearned, wanted all she was going to give me. My lips closed over that line, my mouth sucking on that rich blood. I could feel it traveling through my body, could feel the powers that it was bestowing upon me. She moaned, her fingers clutching tighter, my hands sliding up those legs. Finally, I could feel I needed to stop. I closed my eyes, seeing nothing but black, feeling nothing but pain now. Her fingers felt cool as they touched my head. That was the last thing I felt.

-----
I awoke, my eyes seeing images sharper, my hearing more astute, and my smell was stronger. I glanced around, noticing it was her room. I felt, stronger, powerful, better. But, I felt dead. I knew I had died. The pain was easing from my mind, but I remember that her touch made it better. She walked through the door, a man following her. At once, I was alert, briefly remembering him from a few nights ago.

“Alex, you’re up, my love. Meet Donovan. He’s my aunt’s life partner. We have a present for you.” She walked over to the bed and sat down, a smile tugging at her lips. “I know you’re hungry, my love. So, I was nice enough to have dinner waiting for you.” I glanced over at her.

“What do you mean?” She shrugged and tugged on my hand, yanking me off the bed. I followed her down the long hallway, to another door, and than down a flight of stairs, leading into the club. She pointed to wall where a woman was chained. “She’s not dead?”

“I had wanted Donovan to kill her. But, I thought, after the way she treated you, you might find more joy off of finishing her, than he did.” Donovan snorted and Theresa turned to him. “With him taking his first drink, Donovan, he will be mine. My time is short, you know this. But, I have my men already picked out.”

“You are still foolish.”

“Perhaps. But that is not for you to call. Leave us.”

“What if he harms you?” She turned to look at him once more. Donovan rolled his eyes as he left the room, leaving her and I alone once more.

“What do you want with all of us? I’m assuming there will be others?”

“There will be. You will be singers, having all the money, all the fame, all the females.”

“What do you get?”

“You wouldn’t understand. Drink, my love.” I swallowed, before I walked over to Tatiana. I could see the marks left by that man, and refused to drink from that same spot. I unchained her wrist, held it up to my lips, and let my fangs grow, sinking them into her flesh, letting her sweet blood flow through my mouth. The whole time, my eyes stayed focused on Theresa, her eyes never leaving the scene. I could feel the life ebbing out of Tatiana and stopped, knowing from within I couldn’t take that last drop. I stood, walked over to Theresa and pressed my lips against hers. For now, the only female I wanted, was her. And before others came, I wanted all I could. She smirked, and I grinned.

“Do I get that gift?”

“No. I have another for you. Vampires have a sort of sex appeal about them. Very few have the power to truly use it to entice, to make others crave them. This is what I am giving you. Its power is strong, and you will be able to use, to control it.”

“They will come to me?”

“They will follow you.” I grinned, liking that. She smiled, her lips pressing against mine once more. “Welcome to Hawthorne Castillo De Vampiro.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9675