- Text Size +

Ever since my lunch date with Nick, he had been calling me. We have been dating for two weeks. Everyday he surprises me by taking me to lunch. He was a nice normal guy. It was hard to believe he was a celebrity. Nick didn’t act spoiled or use his name to his advantage.

I had just finished teaching a scrapbooking class for new moms. As they were filing out, Nick and Kevin came in.

“Hey Emma.”

“Hello Nick. Hi Kevin.”

Kevin nodded his head and walked over to Sasha.

“What brings you here?” I gave him a hug.

“I wanted to let you know that I can’t do lunch today. I have a business meeting. I’ll pick you up tonight at eight. I’m taking you out for a romantic dinner. Wear something gorgeous.”

“Okay.”

“You sound unsure.” He smiled at me.

“Nick, this is like a real date. I don’t go on real dates.” I said bashfully.

“Tonight I’m going to treat you like a princess. You deserve to be treated special.”

“Nick, we need to go.” Kevin rushed him away.

“See you tonight Emma.” He blew me a kiss as he walked out the door. I stood there lost in my thoughts.

“Earth to Emma.”

“Oh, what do you need Sasha?”

“Nothing. You were standing there gushing. I think someone’s falling for a certain someone.” She pushed her long brown hair out of the way.

“He’s such a gentleman. Nick is the sweetest guy I’ve dated.”

“Have you slept with him yet?”

“No. We aren’t even a couple yet. I don’t sleep around.”

“I forgot you’re not the kind of girl. You are waiting until you are in love.” She rolled her eyes at me.

“What’s wrong with that?” I took relationships and sex seriously. I wasn’t just going to sleep with someone because I could. I wanted to be in love. I would know when the time was right to make love to the man of my dreams.

“Nothing if you are like sixteen. You are a thirty-two year old woman. Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“Have you ever had sex?”

Sasha was one of my closest friends, but my sex life or lack of sex life was my business. I never told anyone. I trusted her, so I was ready to confide in her.

“No, I’m still a virgin.” I whispered and looked at the ground.

“What are you waiting for?”

“The right man. I’ll know who I want to share my body and soul with. I’ve seen to many people’s relationships screwed up because of sex.”

“Maybe Nick is the right man for you. That guy is so freaking sexy. He oozes charm and sex.” Sasha fanned herself. I laughed at her.

“I agree he’s hot. He is sweet and so down to earth. He’s been a true gentleman.”

“Have you at least kissed him yet?”

“Nothing more than a quick peck on the lips. We haven’t reached the foot popping type of kiss.”

“What?”

“You know a kiss that is so romantic your foot pops.”

“You are so weird.”

-----------------------------------------------

I took one final glance in the mirror. I looked somewhat pretty for a plain Jane type of girl. I chose my favorite little black dress. It had little cap sleeves and came down to my knees. I slid on my two inch black heels. My dirty blonde chin length hair was done in waves. I was as girly as I would ever be.

I grabbed my purse as the door rang. I opened it and Nick walked in carrying a bouquet of wild flowers.

“Emma, you look stunning. These are for you.” He handed me the flowers and kissed my cheek.

“Thank you Nick. Let me put these in a vase.”

I quickly put the flowers in a vase and we were on our way.

After a twenty minute drive, we arrived at our destination.

“Wow Nick, this house is beautiful.”

“Thank you. This is where I live when I’m in Los Angeles.”

“You have a beautiful view. I can see why you live here.”

We walked out onto the balcony. Twinkly lights were everywhere. It was totally romantic.

“Sit down. Dinner is ready.”

We both took our seats. Dinner was served. Everything was delicious. We talked casually throughout dinner.

“Would you like to dance?”

“Sure.”

He grabbed my hand, and he pulled me close to him. We swayed to the soft slow music.

“Emma, these last couple weeks have been wonderful. I love being with you. You’re a breath of fresh air.”

“Thanks Nick. I enjoyed spending time with you. It’s been so much fun.”

Nick stopped dancing. He tilted my chin. Slowly he pressed his lips gently on mine. I felt a tingle in my stomach. My hands moved to his hair. He brought me closer as he continued to ravish my mouth. I had never been kissed like this, but I definitely like it. I slowly felt my foot pop.

“Wow!” I said quietly. Nick looked at me and smiled at me.

“You took my breath away, Emma. No one has done that to me in a long time.”

“I don’t know what to say Nick, but I liked it.”

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

I had never been anyone’s girlfriend. My gosh I sounded lame even to myself. I was ready to take a risk in my life. I had always played it safe. I was going to let my heart lead this time.

“Of course.”

Nick picked me up and spun me around. We both started to laugh. I was giddy and falling hard for Nick Carter.

“You made me the happiest man in the world.”

“I wouldn’t take it that far. Maybe the city.”

“You don’t give yourself enough credit Miss Emma Warde. You are a beautiful, kind, genuine woman. Any man would be crazy not to fall for you.”

I grabbed Nick and pulled him close to me. Our lips met in a sweet kiss.